Ladies and Gentlemen, are you ready for a feast of flavors and culinary delight?
If you’re serving up a steaming hot bowl of wild rice soup, you’re in for a treat!
But hold on, before you dig in, have you thought about the sides to accompany this scrumptious soup?
Well, have no fear, because I’ve got the top 10 best side dishes to serve with your wild rice soup that’ll have your taste buds dancing with joy!
So, put on your bib, grab your spoon, and get ready to tantalize your senses with this delicious spread!
Read Also: What To Serve With Wild Rice? 10 Best Side Dishes
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes with Wild Rice Soup?
- Side dishes can add texture and flavor to a wild rice soup. For example, adding crunchy croutons or crispy bacon bits can provide a contrast to the creamy soup base. Additionally, serving side dishes such as roasted vegetables or sautéed mushrooms can bring out the earthy flavors of the wild rice in the soup.
- Serving side dishes with wild rice soup is also an excellent way to make it more filling and nutritious. Adding protein-rich sides like grilled chicken or fish will help keep you full for longer, while adding fiber-rich sides like steamed broccoli or roasted Brussels sprouts will increase your daily intake of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Finally, serving side dishes with wild rice soup adds visual appeal to your meal presentation which can be especially important when entertaining guests at home or dining out in a restaurant setting. A colorful plate of food is always more inviting than one that’s all one color!
What To Serve With Wild Rice Soup? 10 Best Side Dishes
Wild rice soup is a hearty, flavorful dish that can be enjoyed alone or with a variety of side dishes.
If you’re looking for the perfect accompaniment to your wild rice soup, here are ten delicious side dishes that will complement its flavors:
1. Roasted Potatoes
- What Is It? Roasted potatoes are a classic side dish that can be enjoyed with a variety of meals. The potatoes are cut into cubes and tossed in oil, salt, pepper, and other seasonings before being roasted in the oven until golden brown and crispy.
- Serving Ideas: Roasted potatoes can be served as a side to any main course such as steak, chicken, or fish. They also make an excellent addition to soups and stews. For added flavor, try adding herbs such as rosemary or thyme to the potatoes before roasting. You can also top them with grated cheese for extra richness.
Read Also: 14 Types of Meat that Go Well with Roasted Potatoes
2. Garlic Butter Green Beans
- What Is It? Garlic butter green beans are a simple side dish that can be served with any meal. The dish consists of fresh green beans cooked in a garlic and butter sauce, which gives the beans a rich flavor. The garlic and butter also help to bring out the natural sweetness of the green beans.
- Serving Ideas: Garlic butter green beans can be served as an accompaniment to almost any main course. They pair well with grilled or roasted meats such as steak, chicken, pork chops, or fish. They also make a great addition to pasta dishes like macaroni and cheese or lasagna. For a vegetarian option, try serving them alongside roasted vegetables or quinoa bowls for added flavor and texture.
Read Also: What To Serve With Green Beans – 10 Best Side Dishes
3. Homemade Dinner Rolls
- What Is It? Homemade dinner rolls are a classic side dish that can be served with any meal. They are made from a simple dough of flour, yeast, butter, and salt. The dough is kneaded until it is smooth and elastic before being shaped into small balls and baked in the oven. The result is a light, fluffy roll with a golden-brown crust.
- Serving Ideas: Dinner rolls can be served as an accompaniment to soups or stews, or as part of a larger meal such as Thanksgiving dinner. They also make great sandwiches when filled with deli meats and cheeses. For breakfast or brunch, try serving them warm with butter and jam or honey for a sweet treat.
4. Honey Glazed Carrots
- What Is It? Honey glazed carrots are a simple side dish made with carrots, butter, honey, and seasonings. The carrots are cooked until tender in a mixture of butter and honey, then seasoned with salt and pepper for added flavor. The result is a sweet and savory side dish that pairs well with many main courses.
- Serving Ideas: Honey glazed carrots can be served as part of an elegant dinner or as a simple weeknight side dish. They pair well with roasted meats such as pork chops or chicken breasts, but also work nicely alongside fish dishes like salmon or trout. For vegetarian meals, try serving them alongside roasted vegetables or grains such as quinoa or wild rice.
5. Garden Salad
- What Is It? Garden salad is a type of salad made with fresh vegetables, usually including lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Other ingredients such as carrots, peppers, radishes, olives, and croutons may also be added. The vegetables are typically cut into small pieces or slices and served in a bowl or on a plate.
- Serving Ideas: Garden salads can be served as an appetizer or side dish to any meal. They can also be topped with grilled chicken or fish for a heartier meal. For extra flavor and texture, add nuts like almonds or walnuts and cheese like feta or goat cheese. Dressings such as vinaigrette or ranch dressing can also be used to enhance the flavor of the salad.
6. Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- What Is It? A grilled cheese sandwich is a classic comfort food made by grilling two slices of bread with butter and cheese in between. The most common type of cheese used is cheddar, but other types such as Swiss, mozzarella, or American can also be used. The sandwich can be served hot or cold and is often accompanied by tomato soup for dipping.
- Serving Ideas: Grilled cheese sandwiches are versatile enough to serve as a main course or side dish. For a heartier meal, try adding bacon, ham, turkey, or vegetables like tomatoes and onions to the sandwich before grilling it. You can also top the sandwich with condiments like ketchup or mustard for added flavor. Serve your grilled cheese with chips, fries, coleslaw, potato salad, pickles, olives—or even wild rice soup!
- What Is It? Cornbread is a type of bread made with cornmeal, flour, eggs, butter or oil, and milk. It is usually baked in a round or square pan and can be either sweet or savory. Sweet cornbread often contains sugar and honey while savory versions are flavored with herbs and spices like garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, paprika, etc.
- Serving Ideas: Cornbread pairs well with soups and stews such as wild rice soup. It can also be served as an accompaniment to grilled meats or vegetables. For breakfast or brunch dishes it can be enjoyed topped with butter and honey or jam. Additionally it makes for a great snack when cut into cubes and served with dips such as hummus or guacamole.
Read Also: What To Eat With Cornbread – 22 Best Sides
8. Sauteed Mushrooms
- What Is It? Sauteed mushrooms are a delicious and versatile side dish that can be served with wild rice soup. They are made by sautéing sliced mushrooms in butter or oil until they are golden brown and tender. The mushrooms can be seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, herbs, or other spices to add flavor.
- Serving Ideas: Sauteed mushrooms make an excellent accompaniment to wild rice soup. They can also be served as a side dish for grilled meats or fish, tossed into salads, added to omelets or frittatas, stirred into risotto dishes, used as a topping for pizza or flatbreads, and more.
9. Garlic Bread
- What Is It? Garlic bread is a simple dish made by spreading butter or olive oil on a slice of Italian or French bread and then sprinkling it with garlic powder, minced garlic, or garlic salt. The bread is then toasted in the oven until golden brown and crispy.
- Serving Ideas: Garlic bread can be served as an appetizer, side dish, or snack. It pairs well with soups such as wild rice soup, stews, pasta dishes like lasagna and macaroni and cheese, grilled meats such as steak and chicken, salads, and more. For a heartier meal option, top the garlic bread with melted cheese before baking for cheesy garlic toast.
10. Three Bean Salad
- What Is It? Three bean salad is a classic side dish made with a combination of cooked beans, usually green beans, kidney beans, and wax beans. The vegetables are combined with an acidic dressing made from vinegar or lemon juice and oil. Other ingredients such as onions, celery, bell peppers, garlic, herbs and spices can be added to the salad for extra flavor.
- Serving Ideas: Three bean salad is a great accompaniment to grilled meats or fish. It can also be served as part of a larger buffet spread alongside other salads and sides dishes. For a light lunch or dinner option it can be served over greens with some crumbled feta cheese on top. Alternatively, it can be used as an ingredient in wraps or sandwiches for an easy meal on the go.
In conclusion, wild rice soup is a delicious and nourishing dish that can be enjoyed on its own or served with a variety of side dishes.
Some of the best side dishes to serve with wild rice soup are roasted potatoes, garlic butter green beans, homemade dinner rolls, honey glazed carrots, garden salad, grilled cheese sandwich, cornbread, sautéed mushrooms, garlic bread, and bean salad.
These sides are all flavorful and will complement the soup perfectly.
With this variety of side dishes, you can guarantee that your wild rice soup will be a hit with your family and friends.
What To Serve With Wild Rice Soup? 10 Best Side Dishes
- Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Butter Green Beans
- Homemade Dinner Rolls
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Garden Salad
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Garlic Bread
- Three Bean Salad
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish in 30 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.