These sauces for trout are irresistible!
Whether you’re looking for something tangy and sweet, spicy and savory, or a combination of the two, this list of 16 delicious sauces will have something that will tantalize your taste buds.
From classic hollandaise to a spicy Thai-style marinade, these sauces will make your next trout dish something special.
So get ready to tantalize your palate and get cooking!
1. Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce for Trout
The Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce is an excellent option for those looking for a creamy and flavorful sauce.
The combination of lemon and garlic give it a tangy and slightly spicy flavor, while the creaminess provides a smooth and creamy texture.
If you’re looking for even more flavor, try adding some additional herbs and spices such as oregano, thyme, or paprika.
For a bit of heat, add some red pepper flakes or a dash of chili powder.
You can also add some white wine, or a splash of lemon juice, to give it an extra tangy kick.
To really make this sauce stand out, consider adding some fresh herbs such as parsley or basil.
This will add a delicious and fresh flavor that will take the sauce to the next level.
Finally, always taste your sauce before serving.
This will ensure that all the flavors are balanced and that the sauce is as delicious as possible.
A pro tip is to add a bit of salt and pepper to the sauce to bring out all the flavors even more.
2. Tomato Sauce for Trout
Tomato Sauce is a savory sauce with a slightly sweet and acidic flavor.
The texture is smooth and creamy, making it the perfect accompaniment to trout.
The flavors of the tomato and the subtle tang of the wine give the sauce a unique flavor that will enhance the flavor of the fish.
- To make this sauce even more delicious, you can add some fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, or parsley.
- You can also add some chopped garlic for a kick of flavor.
- For an extra boost of acidity, try adding some lemon juice or white wine vinegar.
- For a creamier texture, try adding some cream or crème fraîche.
- Finally, for a smoky flavor, you can add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce.
3. Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
The Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is a flavorful sauce that has a smooth texture and a bright, citrusy flavor.
It is a great topping for salads, tacos, burritos, and other Mexican dishes.
- If you’re looking to make this sauce even more delicious, you can try adding some diced jalapeno for an extra kick of heat.
- You can also add a pinch of sugar for a hint of sweetness, or a squeeze of lime juice for an extra zesty taste.
- To make it extra creamy, you can add a bit of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Finally, for an extra flavorful boost, you can add some minced garlic or a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
4. Lemon Sauce for Trout
Lemon sauce is a classic and versatile sauce that is made with lemon juice and often combines with butter and other ingredients.
It has a bright and tangy flavor that adds a nice punch to any dish.
The texture of the sauce is smooth and creamy, with a light yellow hue.
This sauce is great for adding a citrusy kick to many dishes, such as grilled fish, chicken, or vegetables.
You can also use it as a topping for desserts like cheesecake or ice cream.
- To make a more flavorful lemon sauce, you can add a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of honey or brown sugar, or a tablespoon of capers.
- You can also try adding some zest from the lemon for extra flavor.
- If you want a creamier sauce, you can add a tablespoon of cream or a tablespoon of plain yogurt.
- For a spicier sauce, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Finally, for a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of cornstarch or flour.
5. Spicy Sauce for Trout (Spicy Peruvian Green Sauce)
Spicy Peruvian Green Sauce is a classic Latin American condiment with a unique flavor and texture. This sauce is made from a combination of spicy jalapenos, cilantro, garlic, onion and other herbs and spices.
It has a slightly tangy, yet spicy flavor that pairs well with many dishes.
The texture is quite thick and creamy, making it easy to spread over food and incorporate into recipes.
To make this sauce even better, you can add a few extra ingredients.
- For a creamier, smoother texture, try adding a few tablespoons of sour cream.
- If you want more heat, adding more jalapenos or a pinch of cayenne pepper can really amp up the spiciness.
- You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to give it a unique flavor.
- Adding a bit of lime juice can really brighten up the flavor, while a bit of honey can help balance out the heat.
- Finally, for a touch of sweetness, try adding a little bit of brown sugar.
6. Mushroom Sauce
Mushroom Sauce is a delicious and versatile sauce that is great for adding flavor to a variety of dishes.
It has a rich, earthy flavor and a creamy texture, making it perfect for topping pasta, chicken, steak, trout, and more.
If you want to take your Mushroom Sauce to the next level, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce to give it a savory, salty flavor.
- For a bit of sweetness, stir in a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- For a tangy flavor, add a few tablespoons of white wine vinegar.
- Include a few slices of garlic for a hint of garlicky goodness.
- Sprinkle in some dried herbs like thyme, oregano, or rosemary for an aromatic kick.
- Add some cream or half-and-half for a richer, creamier texture.
- For a bit of spice, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Stir in some chopped shallots for an onion-y flavor.
- For a smoky flavor, add a few teaspoons of smoked paprika.
7. White Wine Sauce
White Wine Sauce is a flavorful and creamy sauce that goes well with many different dishes.
It is light and tart and can be used as a condiment, over pasta dishes, or as an ingredient in casseroles and sauces.
Its flavor profile pairs well with rich and savory flavors, making it a versatile sauce for many different types of cuisine.
To improve White Wine Sauce, here are some tips:
- Balance the flavors by adding a bit of sugar or honey to the sauce. This will counter the tartness of the wine and make the sauce more flavorful.
- Add a bit of lemon juice and zest to the sauce to brighten it up and add a zesty flavor.
- Reduce the amount of cream in the sauce to make it lighter and less rich. This will also help bring out the flavor of the wine.
- Add a pinch of salt to the sauce to bring out the flavor of the other ingredients.
- For a bit of spice, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a bit of freshly ground black pepper.
- To thicken the sauce, reduce it over low heat until it reaches your desired consistency.
- For a richer flavor, add a spoonful of butter to the sauce.
- Use a dry white wine for the best flavor. Avoid sweet wines as they will make the sauce too sweet.
8. Mustard Sauce for Trout
Mustard Sauce is a classic accompaniment for trout that is simple yet flavorful.
It has a creamy texture with a tangy, slightly sweet flavor.
It is a great way to dress up your trout and can be easily made from ingredients that you likely have in your pantry.
For those looking to enhance the flavor of this sauce, here are a few tips:
- Add a splash of white wine or lemon juice to give it a bit of acidity.
- Use grainy mustard for an extra kick of flavor.
- Use a combination of different mustards to create a more complex flavor.
- Add some chopped fresh herbs for a fragrant, herbal flavor.
- Add some diced shallots for a mild onion flavor.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for a bit of spice.
- Use whole grain mustard for a more robust flavor.
- Use honey or maple syrup to balance out the tartness of the mustard.
- Add a dollop of sour cream or crème fraiche to give it a richer texture.
- Use a combination of different mustards, such as Dijon, whole grain, and honey mustard.
9. Creme Fraiche
When I’m serving trout, there’s nothing better than creme fraiche.
This thick, creamy sauce is a perfect accompaniment for a light fish.
With a mild tangy flavor, it really brings out the delicate flavor of the fish.
To make this sauce even better, consider the following tips:
- Add a few tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice to give the sauce a bit more zing.
- Mix in some chopped fresh herbs like dill, parsley, or chives to add a bit of herbal flavor.
- Infuse the sauce with the flavor of garlic by adding a few cloves of minced garlic.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you want to give this sauce a bit of heat.
- If you want to add a bit of sweetness, stir in a tablespoon of honey.
- Try adding some white wine to the sauce for a touch of acidity.
10. Creamy Parmesan Sauce
I LOVE cheese – so a creamy Parmesan sauce is the perfect way to bring out the wonderful flavors of the cheese.
The consistency of this sauce is smooth and creamy, with a subtle nutty flavor from the Parmesan.
It’s the perfect topping for a variety of dishes, from pasta to vegetables.
To make this sauce even better, here are a few ways to improve it:
- Add a bit of garlic and onion powder for a boost of flavor
- Mix in a bit of cream cheese for a silky texture
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a bit of heat
- Try adding a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce for a unique flavor
- Mix in some fresh herbs like basil, thyme, and oregano for a hint of freshness
- For a cheesy kick, try adding in some shredded cheddar cheese
- Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for a final touch of flavor
11. Sour Cream Sauce
Sour Cream Sauce is a creamy, tangy sauce that pairs well with many different dishes.
It has a rich and creamy texture, and its tart flavor makes it an ideal accompaniment for savory dishes.
If you want to make a delicious Sour Cream Sauce, here are some tips to make it even better:
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice for a zesty flavor.
- Stir in some chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, or dill for added flavor.
- Mix in a splash of white wine for a more sophisticated flavor.
- Add a pinch of sugar to balance out the tartness.
- Stir in a small amount of prepared mustard for a subtle mustard flavor.
- Combine it with a bit of mayonnaise to lighten the texture and add a creamy flavor.
- Add some diced onion or garlic for a savory flavor.
- Mix in a small amount of sour cream for a richer flavor.
12. Lemon Butter Sauce for Fish
Lemony, buttery, and creamy, this sauce is a classic accompaniment to seafood dishes.
It is a simple and delicious way to enhance the flavor of your favorite fish, adding a hint of tartness to the mix.
There are several ways you can improve the flavor of this sauce:
- Add a bit of garlic to give it more depth and complexity
- Use fresh lemon juice instead of bottled for a brighter flavor
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to bring out the other flavors
- Try adding a sprinkle of fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme, for added flavor
- Drizzle some white wine into the sauce for a subtle kick
- Add a teaspoon of Dijon mustard for a hint of tanginess
- Try substituting some of the butter with olive oil for a lighter, healthier version
- For a creamier sauce, add a tablespoon of cream cheese
- To make a spicier version, add a few dashes of hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper
- For a more savory flavor, add a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
13. Creamy Pepper Sauce
If you’re looking for a creamy sauce for trout, chicken, or vegetables, then the Creamy Pepper Sauce is a great option.
The sauce has a rich, creamy texture and a mild pepper flavor that won’t overwhelm the natural flavor of your food.
To make the sauce even better, try the following ideas:
- Add a pinch of garlic powder for a more robust flavor
- Add a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce for a hint of smokiness
- Add a tablespoon of honey for a hint of sweetness
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice for a bright, acidic flavor
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for a slight kick of heat
- Add a tablespoon of chili powder for a smoky, spicy flavor
14. Dill Sauce for Trout
When I’m about to eat trout or salmon, dill sauce is one of my go-to condiments.
The flavor of this creamy, slightly acidic sauce is a perfect balance of tangy and sweet.
Its light and airy texture perfectly complements the delicate texture of the fish.
To improve this sauce, consider adding these ingredients to give it more depth:
- Fresh dill to give it an extra burst of flavor
- A squeeze of lemon to balance out the sweetness
- A bit of garlic and onion powder to add a savory element
- A teaspoon of capers to add a salty contrast
- A tablespoon of honey to give it a hint of sweetness
15. Yogurt Sauce for Trout
This easy lemon yogurt sauce is a delicious and tangy accompaniment to many dishes.
With its creamy texture and zesty flavor, it’s a great way to add a bit of zing to your meals.
Here are some ways to improve this sauce:
- Add a small amount of garlic or onion powder to give the sauce a little more depth.
- Mix in a tablespoon of freshly chopped herbs, such as parsley or dill, for an extra layer of flavor.
- Stir in a teaspoon of honey to balance out the tartness of the yogurt and lemon juice.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to give the sauce a bit of heat.
- Add some diced cucumber for a refreshing crunch.
- Top the sauce with some fresh cracked black pepper for a little bit of spice.
Lastly, one of my go-to sauces for many recipes is the Lemon Caper Butter Sauce.
It has a creamy and buttery texture, with a bright and zesty zing from the lemon.
This sauce is a great accompaniment to many seafood dishes and can make a plain dish into something really special.
For an even more flavorful sauce, here are a few ways you can improve it:
- Add a pinch of garlic powder to give it a nice garlic flavor without overpowering the lemon.
- Try adding a teaspoon of Dijon mustard to give it a slight tanginess.
- For an extra kick, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Toast some panko breadcrumbs in butter and sprinkle them over the top of the sauce for an extra crunch.
- Add a few tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a nutty flavor.
- Add a tablespoon of capers for an extra briny flavor.
16 Delicious Sauces for Trout I Can’t Resist
- Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- Tomato Sauce for Trout
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Lemon Sauce
- Spicy Peruvian Green Sauce
- Mushroom Sauce
- White Wine Sauce
- Mustard Sauce
- Creme Fraiche
- Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- Sour Cream Sauce
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- Creamy Pepper Sauce
- Dill Sauce
- Yogurt Sauce
- Lemon Caper Butter Sauce
- Pick your favorite sauce from this list to serve with your fish.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!