These sauces for tofu are going to surprise you!
Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian, or just a fan of tofu, you’ll love these flavors.
Here are 20 of the best sauces to add to your tofu dishes and make them extra delicious.
From creamy to savory to sweet, there’s something here for every palate.
So get ready to discover some great sauces to add to your tofu dishes.
1. Bang Bang Sauce
Bang Bang Sauce is a delicious way to give your tofu a kick of flavor.
Made from a combination of Thai chili sauce, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, and mayonnaise, this sauce is sure to be a hit with any tofu lover.
- To make the sauce, simply mix together equal parts of the chili sauce and sriracha sauce.
- Then, add in the rice vinegar and mayonnaise, stirring until a creamy sauce forms.
Feel free to adjust the ingredients to get the perfect flavor for you.
Bang Bang Sauce is great for adding a bit of heat to your tofu dishes.
The chili sauce and sriracha give it a spicy kick, while the mayonnaise and rice vinegar add a bit of creaminess and acidity to balance the flavors.
The sauce pairs well with a variety of other ingredients, including vegetables, grains, and noodles.
When using Bang Bang Sauce, it’s important to remember that a little goes a long way.
Start by adding just a small amount, then taste and adjust as needed.
You can also adjust the heat level by adding more or less of the chili sauce and sriracha sauce.
For an even more flavorful tofu dish, try marinating the tofu in the Bang Bang Sauce before cooking.
Simply cover the tofu pieces with the sauce and let them sit for at least an hour before cooking.
This will ensure that the tofu absorbs the flavors of the sauce and makes for a delicious, flavorful meal.
2. Peri Peri Sauce
This peri peri sauce is a great way to add some zing to your tofu dish.
Start by blending together red peppers, lemon juice, smoked paprika, olive oil, and basil to create a spicy and flavorful sauce.
You can adjust the spiciness by adding more peppers or paprika depending on your preferences.
Once you have your desired flavor, you can use the sauce as a marinade for your tofu or as a topping after cooking.
Tofu can be cooked in a variety of ways, from pan-frying to baking, and the peri peri sauce will be sure to bring out the best in each preparation.
3. Irresistible Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce
To make Irresistible Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce, you’ll want to start with a base of sweet chili sauce.
Then add a few teaspoons of soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar to taste.
This combination will give the sauce a nice balance of sweetness and spice.
Serve it over stir-fried tofu or use it as a marinade for grilling.
This sauce is sure to make your tofu dish irresistible!
4. Romesco Sauce
To make an amazing Romesco sauce, you’ll want to start by blending together some sun-dried tomatoes, red wine, roasted red peppers, smoked paprika, and olive oil.
This will create a thick and flavorful sauce that will be the perfect accompaniment to your tofu.
To get the most flavor, be sure to really blend everything together until it is completely smooth.
You can also add in some extra seasonings to customize the flavor even further.
Enjoy your Romesco sauce with your favorite tofu dish for a tasty and satisfying meal.
5. Sweet Chilli-Pineapple Sauce
To make this Sweet Chilli-Pineapple Sauce, you’ll need to combine apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, garlic, eye chili, and white sugar.
- Start by heating the garlic and chilli in a saucepan until fragrant and then add the pineapple juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Finally, add the white sugar and allow it to simmer until it thickens.
This sauce is a great way to add a tangy, sweet flavor to your tofu dish, and it goes great with other flavors like ginger and sesame oil.
6. Homemade Hoisin Sauce
Making a homemade hoisin sauce is a great way to take tofu to the next level.
- Start by combining natural peanut butter, soy sauce, miso paste, honey, and sesame oil in a medium bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Then, place the sauce over low heat until it is warm.
- You can add more honey or soy sauce to adjust the flavor to your liking.
- Finally, serve it over your favorite tofu dish and enjoy!
7. Outback Blooming Onion Sauce
This Outback Blooming Onion Sauce is the perfect way to add a unique flavor to your tofu dish.
To make it, you’ll need horseradish, ketchup, cayenne pepper, mayonnaise, and garlic powder.
- Start by combining the horseradish, ketchup, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Then stir in the mayonnaise and garlic powder until everything is well blended.
- Finally, adjust the seasoning to your preference and serve the sauce over your tofu.
8. Peach Barbecue Sauce
If you’re looking for a unique take on barbecue sauce, this peach barbecue sauce is sure to hit the spot!
All you need is apple cider vinegar, peach preserves, orange juice, brown sugar, and smoked paprika.
- Start by combining the peach preserves and orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and smoked paprika, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened.
Serve over your favorite tofu dish and enjoy the complex and sweet flavor of this delightful sauce.
9. Creamy Mushroom Sauce
If you’re looking for a delicious and creamy sauce for your tofu, this creamy mushroom sauce is the perfect choice!
- Start by sautéing mushrooms in butter and white wine until they are brown and caramelized.
- Then add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir in some heavy cream for a creamy and flavorful sauce.
- Add your cooked tofu and let it simmer for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy the unique and rich flavor of this creamy mushroom sauce!
10. Basil Garlic Aioli
Making a delicious basil garlic aioli is easy and only requires a few ingredients.
- Start by combining white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and a whisked egg yolk in a bowl.
- For the basil, finely chop some fresh basil and add it to the mixture.
- Finally, slowly add olive oil while whisking the mixture until it thickens.
Serve this sauce over your favorite tofu dish and you’ll have an incredibly flavorful meal.
11. Mississippi Comeback Sauce
If you’re looking for a delicious and versatile sauce for your tofu, Mississippi Comeback Sauce is a great choice.
To make it, you’ll need some gluten free hot sauce, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and garlic powder.
Simply mix these ingredients together and let the flavors blend.
The hot sauce will give the sauce a nice kick, while the lemon and mustard add a tangy flavor.
The garlic powder will bring the whole thing together for an irresistible flavor.
12. Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
This Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is a great way to make tofu delicious!
To make it, you’ll need plain greek yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro.
- Start by combining the yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, and add more olive oil or lime juice to adjust the consistency and taste.
- Drizzle over your cooked tofu and enjoy!
The tangy and creamy dressing really brings out the flavor of the tofu, and it’s a great way to add a zesty twist to any dish.
13. Cajun Sauce
If you’re looking for a truly tasty way to spice up your tofu, try this Cajun Sauce!
- Start by combining tomato paste, smoked paprika, cajun seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Mix them together until they form a thick paste.
- Then, stir in some vegan mayo until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve this sauce over your favorite tofu dish and enjoy the delicious, spicy flavor!
14. Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
Unique, creamy, and delicious, Roasted Red Pepper Aioli is a great way to add a unique flavor to your tofu dish.
- To make this sauce, start by roasting red peppers in the oven until they are slightly charred.
- Once cooled, peel the skins off and puree the peppers in a food processor with lemon juice, garlic, fresh basil, and white sugar.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, then serve over your favorite tofu dish.
You’ll love the combination of the sweet and savory flavors that this sauce adds to your dish.
15. Thai Peanut Sauce with Basil
I love Thai cuisine, so this Thai Peanut Sauce with Basil is one of my favorite sauces to make.
It’s easy to make and the combination of peanut butter, red curry paste, coconut milk, basil, and garlic gives it a delicious flavor.
To make sure the sauce comes out tasting great, I like to use creamy peanut butter, as it will blend nicely with the other ingredients.
I also like to add a bit of extra basil and garlic to really bring out the flavors.
It’s perfect for adding a bit of Thai-inspired flavor to tofu dishes, but can also be used as a dip or marinade.
16. Chimichurri Sauce
I bet you’ve heard of chimichurri sauce; it’s a classic Latin American sauce that’s great for marinating meats and veggies.
For a vegan version, try this delicious blend of peanut butter, red curry paste, coconut milk, basil, and garlic.
This sauce is sure to give your tofu a unique and zesty flavor.
To get the most flavor out of this sauce, be sure to let the tofu marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Enjoy it as an appetizer, a side dish, or as an addition to your favorite stir-fry.
17. Homemade Yakisoba Sauce
Now, this one’s a surefire hit!
To make your own yakisoba sauce, you’ll need some oyster sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and something sweeter than sugar.
- Start by combining the oyster sauce, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl and stirring until well combined.
- To sweeten it up, add in the sugar and sweeter than sugar.
- Give it all a good mix, and voila!
You have a delicious yakisoba sauce ready to add to your tofu or whatever else you’re cooking up.
18. Sweet and Sour Sauce
Who can say no to a classic Asian-inspired Sweet and Sour Sauce?
This delicious sauce is great for a variety of dishes, from stir-fries to tofu bowls.
To make it, you’ll need apple cider vinegar, canned pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and a few drops of red food coloring for that perfect red hue.
- Start by mixing the pineapple juice, soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Then, add the brown sugar and stir until it is dissolved.
- Finally, add the red food coloring, stirring until the desired color is achieved.
Enjoy your Sweet and Sour Sauce over your favorite tofu dishes!
19. Cilantro Lime Hummus
Hummus is one of my favorite sauces for tofu!
To make a delicious cilantro lime hummus, you’ll need garbanzo beans, olive oil, lime juice, cayenne pepper, and cilantro.
- Start by blending together the garbanzo beans, olive oil, and lime juice until you have a creamy paste.
- Then add in cayenne pepper and cilantro and blend until everything is well combined.
- Serve with your favorite tofu dish for an extra burst of flavor.
You can even use the sauce as a dip for vegetables or chips for an extra tasty snack.
20. White Enchilada Sauce
Lastly on this list of sauces is White Enchilada Sauce.
This delicious and creamy sauce is made with nutritional yeast, almond milk, brine, vegan butter, and garlic powder.
- Start by melting the vegan butter in a saucepan and adding in the nutritional yeast.
- Once combined, add in the almond milk and brine and let it simmer for about five minutes.
- Finally, add in the garlic powder and let it simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Once it’s all combined, the sauce is ready to be poured over your tofu.
This creamy and flavorful sauce is sure to make your tofu dish stand out!
20 Easy Sauces for Tofu I Can’t Resist
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Peri Peri Sauce
- Irresistible Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce
- Romesco Sauce
- Sweet Chilli-Pineapple Sauce
- Homemade Hoisin Sauce
- Outback Blooming Onion Sauce
- Peach Barbecue Sauce
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Basil Garlic Aioli
- Mississippi Comeback Sauce
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Cajun Sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
- Thai Peanut Sauce with Basil
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Homemade Yakisoba Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Hummus
- White Enchilada Sauce
- Pick your favorite sauce from this list to use with your tofu recipe.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!