If you’re a foodie looking for a new way to use your extra peach preserves, you’ve got a lot of options.
While the most popular uses involve putting peach preserves on toast or in tea, this isn’t the only way to show off your creativity and love for peaches!
There are so many things you can do with peach preserves; here are just a few of our favorites.
What to Do with Peach Preserves
Peach preserves can be used in place of jam. They’re more spreadable than jams and also have a deeper flavor. Peach preserves can also used as a filling for a pie or tart, or they can be mixed with whipped cream and other toppings to create a delicious ice cream.
Sure, you could buy a jar of peach preserves, mix it with some sugar and milk, and call it breakfast—but where’s the fun in that?
To help you get the most out of your preserves, we have a few suggestions for how you can use them in other ways:
You have some peach preserves.
You’re not sure what to do with them. Maybe you bought too many at the farmers market, or maybe you got a jar of them as a gift and never knew exactly what to do with the stuff.
But it doesn’t matter—because now you can use your preserves in an amazing peach cheesecake that will blow your friends’ minds.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Peach preserves
- Cream cheese (two blocks)
- Graham cracker crumbs (half cup)
- Brown sugar (half cup)
- Melted butter (half cup)
- Whipping cream (one cup)
- Eggs (2)
- Vanilla extract (1/4 tsp)
How to make it:
- In a medium bowl, combine peach preserves and cream cheese, and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Pat the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Pour in the cream cheese mixture and bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.
If you’re like us, you’ll be making this again and again once you try it.
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over your favorite salad to give it a tangy and sweet flavor!
- You can also use it as a marinade for chicken or fish, or to baste meat while it’s grilling.
Peachy muffins are a great way to impress your co-workers, whether you’re bringing them into the office or bringing them to an office holiday party.
You can even bring them to a potluck!
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Set aside.
- Then, in a separate bowl (or stand mixer!), cream together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/3 cup shortening until it’s fluffy.
- Add one egg and beat until combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture with half of the 3/4 cup milk, then mix well.
- Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and milk.
- Stir in 1 cup peaches that have been drained and chopped up a bit (I recommend using preserves for this part).
- Scoop into greased muffin tins, then bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown!
4. Enjoy the Tradition of Spreading Preserves on Scones
This is where peach preserve really shine.
The sweetness is balanced out by the hearty, slightly nutty flavor of the scone itself.
It’s like a marriage made in heaven—and it’s just different enough from other scone-toppings (like jam) to make it stand out from the crowd and be your new favorite thing!
5. Replace the Balsamic Vinegar in Your Caprese Salad
The sweetness and acidity in peach preserves makes them an excellent substitute for vinegar in your favorite Caprese salad recipe.
Try out different variations and see which ones you like best: replace the olive oil with melted butter and/or swap out the tomatoes with peaches!
If you’ve got two pieces of bread and some peach preserves lying around the kitchen, you’ve got everything you need to make a delicious sandwich.
Spread each piece of bread thickly with peach preserves before stacking them together on top of each other for a lunchtime treat!
Peach preserves can add just a hint of fruity sweetness to your go-to dishes—think drizzling them over ice cream or adding them to brownies as an extra layer of sweetness and complexity.
8. Freeze It Into Ice Cubes and Add It to Your Iced Tea
When you’re making peach iced tea, you’re probably thinking about the best way to get that peach flavor into your cup.
You might just drop a few slices of fresh peach in there, or maybe you’ll add a little bit of peach juice, or even some canned peaches cut up into pieces.
But if you want that authentic peach flavor, why not take a page from the pros and freeze some of your homemade peach preserves into ice cubes?
When they melt in your iced tea, they’ll give you just the right amount of sweetness, and the flavor won’t change from beginning to end!
9. Mix It with Your Oatmeal in The Morning
Don’t want to eat the same old oatmeal every morning?
An easy way to make your oatmeal taste brand new is to mix in some peach preserves!
The sweet, delicious, fruity flavor will add a whole new dimension to your morning ritual and make it that much easier to drag yourself out of bed and face the day.
- Simply combine 1 cup of peach preserves with 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Mix it all together, coat your chicken breast in it, and let it sit for 30 minutes before grilling.
A super easy way to elevate your grilled chicken.
11. Pour It Over Pancakes for A Delightful Breakfast Treat
Have you ever thought about combining peach preserves with melted butter and pouring them over pancakes?
If not, you definitely should—it’s a delightful treat for breakfast or for any time of day, really.
We like to heat up some butter in a pan on the stove and then add a dollop of preserves—you can add more or less to suit your tastes.
Then just pour it over your batch of pancakes, and you’re good to go!
12. Peach Preserves Make Yogurt Even Yummier
You might try throwing some peach preserves into your next bowl of yogurt—you can add as much as you like, depending on how sweet you want it to be.
This is a great snack option because if you choose a brand that’s high in protein, it’ll keep you satisfied until your next meal instead of giving out halfway through the day.
13. An Unexpected Treat with Celery Sticks
Have you ever thought of using peach preserves as a dip for celery sticks?
It’s actually very tasty, and it’s healthy too!
Just spread the amount of peach preserves that suits your taste buds on a celery stick, and enjoy!
14. Serve It on Crackers
This is a great way to serve up some preserves if you’re having company over.
All you need to do is gather up some crackers, spread the peach preserves on top, and then serve them on a platter.
People will love snacking on these while they chat with each other.
Your guests will be asking for the recipe!
15. Use It as The Base for Peach Cobbler
Peach cobbler is one of our favorite desserts for summertime, and peach preserves can be used as a base for making this dish even easier to prepare!
All you need is your favorite cobbler recipe (or even just a box mix), some melted butter, and your peach preserves—and you’ll soon have a tasty dessert that’s sure to please!
What to Do with Peach Preserves (15 Creative Ideas)
- Make an Amazing Peach Cheesecake
- Make a Peach Vinaigrette for Salads and More
- Bake Peachy Muffins and Bring Them to Work
- Enjoy the Tradition of Spreading Preserves on Scones
- Replace the Balsamic Vinegar in Your Caprese Salad
- Build a Peach Preserve Sandwich
- Use as A Key Ingredient in Sweet Sauces
- Freeze It Into Ice Cubes and Add It to Your Iced Tea
- Mix It with Your Oatmeal in The Morning
- Use It as A Glaze for Your Chicken Breast Before Grilling It Up
- Pour It Over Pancakes for A Delightful Breakfast Treat
- Peach Preserves Make Yogurt Even Yummier
- An Unexpected Treat with Celery Sticks
- Serve It on Crackers
- Use It as The Base for Peach Cobbler
- Pick any of the ideas from this list to use up your delicious peach preserves.
- Prepare the rest of your meal.
- Be ready to eat in no time!