If you’re wondering what sandwich goes with split pea soup, you’re in luck.
I’ve got 10 delicious sandwich recipes that will pair perfectly with your next bowl of soup.
From a classic grilled cheese to a hearty Cuban sandwich, these sandwiches will make your meal complete.
So, whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or a fun lunch to take to work, these sandwiches are sure to hit the spot.
- The 10 Best Toppings for Split Pea Soup
- Split Pea Soup Wine Pairing – The Best Wines for Split Pea Soups
What Sandwich Goes With Split Pea Soup? 10 Best Sandwiches
It’s amazing what a difference the right sandwich can make.
It’s like the difference between watching a movie in black and white and watching it in color.
The right sandwich can enhance the flavor of the soup and make the experience that much better.
1. BLT Sandwich
Ah, the classic BLT. This sandwich is the perfect blend of salty, smoky, and crunchy flavors that go so well with soup.
Plus, it’s super easy to make!
Just toast some bread, add some bacon, lettuce, and tomato, and you’re good to go.
Pro Tip: For an extra- flavorful BLT, try using roasted tomatoes instead of fresh ones.
3 Twists on a BLT:
- Add avocado for a creamy twist
- Swap out the bread for waffle fries for a fun take on a classic
- Add some BBQ sauce for a sweet and tangy kick
2. Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Simple, easy, and classic – the grilled chicken sandwich is a go-to for a reason.
It’s perfect for when you’re in the mood for something hearty but not too heavy.
The key to making this sandwich extra delicious is all in the toppings.
I love adding avocado, bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Pro Tip: For an added flavor boost, try using garlic-infused olive oil on your bread.
- Add roasted red peppers and feta cheese for a Mediterranean twist.
- Swap out the chicken for grilled shrimp and add mango salsa for a tropical twist.
- Make it a breakfast sandwich by adding a fried egg, tomato, and crispy bacon.
3. Club Sandwich
This sandwich is usually served on white bread, but I like to switch it up and use a hearty wheat bread.
The thick slices of bread can stand up to a thick soup, like split pea soup, without getting soggy.
Plus, the wheat bread adds a little bit of nuttiness that pairs well with the earthiness of the split peas.
Pro Tip: If you’re using white bread, make sure to toast it before adding your fillings. This will help it hold up better when you add the soup on top.
- Use a different type of cheese, like Swiss or cheddar
- Add avocado for some creaminess
- Try a different type of meat, like turkey or ham
4. Veggie Sandwich
Why not eat your veggies in an awesome sandwich with soup?
This sandwich is so good because it has the perfect mix of textures and flavors.
The veggies are fresh and crunchy, while the cheese and dressing add creaminess and a little bit of tang.
Plus, there’s nothing better than dipping a delicious veggie sandwich into a bowl of warm soup.
Pro Tip: Make sure to toast your bread for this sandwich so that it can stand up to the soup without getting soggy.
- Swap out the cheddar cheese for Swiss or Gruyere.
- Add avocado or bacon to the sandwich for extra creaminess and flavor.
- Try different types of bread, like sourdough or rye.
5. Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
Something magical happens when you grill mozzarella.
The cheese gets all ooey and gooey, while the bread gets crispy.
It’s the perfect sandwich to enjoy with a bowl of soup because it provides a nice contrast in textures.
Pro Tip: If you’re using a panini press to grill your sandwich, place a piece of parchment paper on top of the sandwich before closing the lid. This will prevent the cheese from sticking to the press and making one big mess.
- Swap out the mozzarella for provolone or Swiss cheese.
- Add some thinly sliced prosciutto or pancetta.
- Use a flavored olive oil or pesto in place of regular olive oil.
6. Egg Sandwich
If you have some egg salad just waiting to be used up, this is the perfect way to do it.
The runny yolk pairs perfectly with a hearty soup, and the mayonnaise and mustard add a nice creaminess and tang.
Plus, who doesn’t love a good egg sandwich?
Pro Tip: If you want a little crunch in your sandwich, try adding some chopped celery or shredded carrots.
- Add avocado for a boost of healthy fats and creaminess.
- Mix in some hot sauce or Sriracha for a spicy kick.
- Use whole wheat bread for a heartier sandwich.
7. Roast Beef Sandwich
Who can say no to a warm, roast beef sandwich on a cold day?
This sandwich is the perfect pairing for a hearty soup like split pea.
The beef provides a nice savory flavor that compliments the earthiness of the soup.
Pro Tip: For extra flavor, try adding some horseradish to your roast beef sandwich.
- Swap out the roast beef for pulled pork
- Add some crispy bacon to your sandwich
- Try using a different type of bread, like sourdough or rye
8. Ham and Cheese Sliders
Whether you consider this a sandwich or not, these Ham and Cheese Sliders are one of my favorite ways to eat soup.
The salty ham, the gooey cheese, and the soft rolls all come together to create the perfect bite.
Plus, they’re so easy to make!
Pro Tip: If you want a little bit of crunch in your sandwich, add a few pickles or some crispy bacon.
- Swap out the ham for another type of meat, like turkey or roast beef.
- Change up the cheese for something more unique, like brie or goat cheese.
- Make it a sweet and savory sandwich by adding a drizzle of honey or jam.
9. Tuna Sandwich
If you’re more of a savory person, you’ll love this tuna sandwich with soup.
The acidity of the vinegar and the creaminess of the mayo balance each other out perfectly.
Plus, the tuna gives it a nice heartiness that will fill you up without weighing you down.
Pro Tip: For an extra boost of flavor, add a few dashes of hot sauce to your mayo before spreading it on your bread.
- Add avocado for some healthy fats
- Swap out the white bread for wheat bread
- Add lettuce and tomato
10. Meatball Sandwich
Seriously, who doesn’t like a good meatball sandwich?
They’re hearty, they’re filling, and they’re just plain delicious.
This sandwich is the perfect partner for soup because it can stand up to a thick and hearty soup like split pea.
Plus, the bread soaks up all of the delicious broth.
Pro Tip: Make sure your meatballs are cooked all the way through before adding them to the sandwich. No one likes an undercooked meatball!
- Add some sautéed mushrooms and onions for extra flavor.
- Try a different type of cheese, like provolone or mozzarella.
- Swap out the beef for turkey or lamb meatballs.
10 Best Sandwiches For Split Pea Soup
- BLT Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Club Sandwich
- Veggie Sandwich
- Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
- Egg Sandwich
- Roast Beef Sandwich
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Tuna Sandwich
- Meatball Sandwich
- Pick any sandwich from this list to serve with your soup.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Serve in no time!