You’ve just put the finishing touches on your lamb meatballs, and they’re burning a hole on your stovetop.
You can’t wait any longer to serve them, but you have no idea what side dish to pair them with!
Don’t fret — in this article, I will show you a list of side dishes that go amazingly well with lamb meatballs.
What to Serve with Lamb Meatballs?
Lamb meatballs are an amazing meal to serve, especially if you’re looking for something a little bit different to cook.
Many people will eat them as part of an entree, but they also work amazingly well when served with a side dish.
The best side dishes to serve with lamb meatballs are those that complement their flavor, such as mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
Lamb meatballs are delicious when served with mashed potatoes, as they can soak up any juices from the meatballs while they cook.
If you want to add some color to your plate, try sautéing some onions and mushrooms before adding them to your mashed potatoes.
If you don’t want to serve heavy food, another option is roasted vegetables.
Roasted vegetables offer a variety of colors and textures in one dish, which makes it a great choice for a main course or side dish for any occasion.
Below, I’ve put together what I believe are some of the best side dishes that go incredibly well with lamb meatballs:
One of my favorite sides to go with lamb meatballs is roasted potatoes.
It’s really easy to make and it can be done in less than an hour!
It’s also really delicious, so try it out sometime!
Here’s how I do it:
- Chop onions and garlic cloves.
- Put on a pan with some olive oil and roast them until they’re soft (about 20 minutes).
- Peel potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Put them on another pan with olive oil and roast them until they’re soft (about 30 minutes).
Garlic mashed potatoes is another great side.
It’s easy to make and it tastes amazing.
I love to pair my lamb meatballs with garlic mashed potatoes because it adds a little extra flavor to each bite, which makes the meal more enjoyable.
Here’s how to make it:
- To make this delicious side dish, all you have to do is peel some potatoes and boil them until they are soft enough to mash.
- Then transfer them into a bowl and add some butter, milk, salt and pepper as well as some minced garlic cloves.
- Mix all of these ingredients together until they become creamy before serving them alongside your lamb meatballs!
This recipe can easily be prepared in less than an hour so it’s perfect if you want something quick yet tasty!
I can easily recommend roasted vegetables.
The best way to make them is by roasting whole vegetables in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
This will allow the vegetables to cook evenly and prevent them from burning or sticking to the pan.
You can season them however you like—I like adding salt, pepper, and garlic powder with Italian seasoning because it adds flavor without making things too salty or spicy.
This meal is quick and easy, so it will only take you about 30 minutes to prepare everything!
One of my favorite ways to eat lamb meatballs is with arugula salad.
I just find it so refreshing and light, and the bright taste helps cut through the richness of the meatballs.
It’s also incredibly easy to make: all you need is some arugula, some cherry tomatoes (or other similar sized tomato), feta cheese (crumbled or cubed), and a vinaigrette dressing.
Cooking tip: don’t be afraid to play around with your vinaigrette dressing! You can add garlic or onion powder to give it more depth of flavor, or maybe even throw in some fresh basil leaves if you have them on hand (that’s what I did).
I love serving baked sweet potato fries because they’re easy to make and go well with the hearty meatballs.
Here’s how to do it:
To make baked sweet potato fries, simply cut up your potatoes into thin strips and toss them in some olive oil, salt and pepper before baking them at 400°F for about 30 minutes.
This will give them a crispy exterior and soft interior just like their fried counterpart!
6. Quinoa Salad
I love making a quinoa salad as a side dish because it’s full of healthy ingredients and it’s super quick and easy to make!
My favorite way to prepare this side dish is by cooking the quinoa in chicken broth with some olive oil and garlic, then adding in some dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and feta cheese before mixing everything together.
It can be served warm or cold—either way works great! I also love adding in fresh herbs like dill or basil for extra flavor.
This recipe usually only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, so it’s perfect for when you’re looking for a quick meal that will impress your guests!
I love serving lamb meatballs with grilled asparagus.
It’s simple and flavorful, but it also adds a nice green color to my plate—which is important when you’re serving up these meaty treats!
Here’s how I do it:
- First, I wash the stalks and trim off any woody parts.
- Then I cut them into sections about 1 inch long.
- Next, I coat both sides of each stalk with olive oil spray and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Then I grill them until they’re nice and brown on each side (about 5 minutes per side).
- Finally, I remove them from the grill and serve them alongside my delicious meatballs. They taste amazing together!
I love beets because they have such a rich flavor that goes great with lamb.
They also pair well with kale or other leafy greens, which are great for adding texture and nutrition to your meal.
I like to roast my beets in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes until they’re tender and caramelized on the outside.
They come out so sweet and delicious!
Not only does mashed cauliflower taste delicious, but it takes just 30 minutes to make!
- Chop up your cauliflower into small pieces and add it to a pot with boiling water.
- Boil until tender (about five minutes).
- Drain and put the cauliflower back in the pot with an equal amount of butter (about 1/4 cup).
- Mash until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
I love serving herbed rice pilaf.
It’s super easy to make and takes just 30 minutes!
Here’s how to make it:
- To make herbed rice pilaf, start by heating 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of rice and stir until the grains become opaque and begin to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Then add 4 cups of chicken broth or water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until all liquid has been absorbed by the rice, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro leaves along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with lamb meatballs!
This side dish is super easy to make and takes no time at all.
You’ll need about 4 ears of corn, 1/2 cup butter, 2 tablespoons of kosher salt and black pepper, and a grill pan or cast-iron skillet.
- The first step is to husk the corn, but leave the silk on it so that it stays moist during grilling.
- Then mix together your butter and salt in a small bowl until combined.
- Brush each ear of corn lightly with melted butter mixture, then grill until they start to brown—about 10 minutes on each side should do it!
A tip for making grilled corn extra flavorful: brush your grill pan with oil before cooking!
From a delicious, marinated surprise to an easy grain to a rich, buttery side dish, these recipes all make for great dishes that complement your meatball main.
The great thing about lamb meatballs is that they are delicious on their own, but even better when paired with a side dish.
Some options that go well with the meatballs include things like rice and vegetables.
And if you would like to throw in a sweet addition, you could add a side of whole-grain pita bread, or roasted potatoes.
Of course, the choice is yours!
What to Serve with Lamb Meatballs (11 Best Sides)
- Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Vegetables
- Arugula Salad
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Asparagus
- Roasted Beets
- Cauliflower Mash
- Herbed Rice Pilaf
- Grilled Corn on The Cob
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve alongside your meatballs.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Be ready to munch in no time!