Chickpea salad is a delicious and healthy dish that can be served as an appetizer, side dish, or even as the main course.
But it can be tricky to know what to serve with chickpea salad.
Fortunately, I have rounded up 10 of the best side dishes to serve with chickpea salad.
From roasted vegetables to couscous and everything in between, there is sure to be something on this list that will make your meal complete.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these sides a try the next time you make chickpea salad!
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes for Chickpea Salad?
- To add texture: Side dishes can be used to add crunch and texture to a chickpea salad, such as croutons, nuts, or seeds. This will help make the dish more interesting and appealing.
- To provide additional nutrition: Serving side dishes with a chickpea salad can also be a great way to increase the nutritional value of the meal. For example, adding roasted vegetables like sweet potatoes or squash will provide extra vitamins and minerals that are not found in chickpeas alone.
- To create variety: Finally, serving side dishes with a chickpea salad is an easy way to create variety in your meal plan without having to cook multiple main courses each night. You can easily switch up the sides you serve with your salads from day-to-day for added flavor and interest!
What To Serve With Chickpea Salad? 10 Best Side Dishes
Chickpea salad is a delicious and nutritious dish.
But what do you serve with it?
Here are ten side dishes that will make the perfect accompaniment to your chickpea salad:
1 – Grilled Sirloin Steak
- What Is It? Grilled sirloin steak is a cut of beef taken from the lower back of the cow. It is leaner than other cuts, making it a healthier option for those looking to reduce their fat intake. The steak can be cooked in a variety of ways, including grilling, pan-frying, and roasting.
- Serving Ideas: Grilled sirloin steak pairs well with chickpea salad as it adds an extra layer of flavor and texture to the dish. Serve the steak alongside the salad or slice it into strips and add it to the top of your salad for added protein. You can also serve grilled vegetables on the side such as bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, or eggplant for an even heartier meal.
2 – Southern Potato Salad
- What Is It? Southern Potato Salad is a classic side dish made with potatoes, mayonnaise, mustard, celery, onion, and hard-boiled eggs. The potatoes are boiled until tender and then combined with the other ingredients to create a creamy and flavorful salad.
- Serving Ideas: Southern Potato Salad pairs perfectly with chickpea salad as it adds an extra layer of flavor and texture. Serve both dishes together for a complete meal or serve them separately as sides. You can also add additional vegetables such as carrots or bell peppers to the potato salad for added nutrition. For a heartier meal, top the potato salad with grilled chicken or shrimp for some extra protein.
3 – Garlic Butter Baked Salmon
- What Is It? Garlic Butter Baked Salmon is a simple yet delicious dish that pairs perfectly with chickpea salad. The salmon is marinated in a garlic butter sauce and then baked until it’s cooked through and flaky. The result is a flavorful, juicy piece of fish that can be served as an entrée or side dish.
- Serving Ideas: To serve this dish alongside your chickpea salad, try pairing it with roasted vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, or Brussels sprouts. You could also add some steamed green beans or broccoli for extra color and flavor. For an even heartier meal, serve the salmon over a bed of quinoa or brown rice to make it more filling. Finally, top off the plate with some fresh herbs like parsley or dill for added flavor and garnish.
4 – Super Crispy Fried Chicken
- What Is It? Super crispy fried chicken is a classic dish that is made by coating chicken pieces in a seasoned batter and deep-frying them until they are golden brown and crunchy. The result is juicy, flavorful chicken with an irresistible crunchy exterior.
- Serving Ideas: Super crispy fried chicken pairs well with a variety of sides, such as mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, or green beans. For a lighter meal, serve the fried chicken with a simple salad or roasted vegetables. To make it even more special, top the fried chicken with your favorite sauce or condiment like honey mustard or barbecue sauce.
5 – Tuna Salad
- What Is It? Tuna salad is a dish made with canned tuna, mayonnaise, and other ingredients such as celery, onion, pickles, capers, and herbs. It can be served on its own or used as a sandwich filling.
- Serving Ideas: Tuna salad pairs well with chickpea salad for a light lunch or dinner. Serve the two salads together on a bed of lettuce or spinach leaves for an easy meal. You can also serve the tuna salad in sandwiches or wraps with some crunchy vegetables like cucumber slices and bell peppers. For an even heartier meal, add boiled eggs to the mix!
6 – Fried Rice
- What Is It? Fried rice is a classic dish made with cooked white or brown rice, vegetables, and protein. The ingredients are stir-fried in oil until the rice is lightly toasted and the vegetables are tender. It can be served as a side dish or as a main course.
- Serving Ideas: Fried rice pairs well with many dishes, including grilled meats, seafood, and tofu. For an easy meal, serve it alongside steamed vegetables or a simple salad. You can also top it with an egg for added protein and flavor. To make it more filling, add diced ham or bacon for extra crunch and flavor.
7 – Grilled Corn on the Cob
- What Is It? Grilled corn on the cob is a classic summer side dish. The ears of corn are husked and then grilled over an open flame until they are lightly charred and tender. The result is sweet, smoky, and delicious.
- Serving Ideas: Grilled corn on the cob pairs perfectly with chickpea salad. Serve it as a side or top the salad with slices of grilled corn for added texture and flavor. You can also serve it alongside other summer favorites such as burgers, hot dogs, ribs, or steak. For a lighter meal, try serving grilled corn on the cob with a simple green salad or roasted vegetables.
8 – Grilled Vegetables
- What Is It? Grilled vegetables are a delicious and nutritious side dish that pairs perfectly with chickpea salad. They can be made with any combination of vegetables, such as zucchini, bell peppers, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and squash. The vegetables are cut into slices or cubes and then marinated in oil and spices before being grilled over high heat until they are tender and lightly charred.
- Serving Ideas: Grilled vegetables make a great accompaniment to chickpea salad because they add flavor and texture to the dish. Serve them alongside the salad for an easy meal or use them as a topping for tacos or sandwiches. You can also mix them into the salad itself for added crunch. For extra flavor, try adding fresh herbs like basil or oregano to the marinade before grilling.
9 – Roasted Red Potatoes
- What Is It? Roasted red potatoes are a delicious side dish made with small, round potatoes that have been cut into wedges and roasted in the oven. The potatoes are seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and other herbs and spices for added flavor.
- Serving Ideas: Roasted red potatoes make an excellent accompaniment to chickpea salad. They can be served warm or cold depending on preference. For a complete meal, serve the roasted red potatoes alongside grilled chicken or fish and a green vegetable such as steamed broccoli or sautéed spinach. To add more flavor to the dish, try adding some freshly chopped herbs like parsley or chives before serving.
10 – Grilled Vegetable Salad
- What Is It? Grilled vegetable salad is a delicious and nutritious dish made with grilled vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes. The vegetables are marinated in olive oil and herbs before being cooked on the grill or stovetop. The finished dish can be served warm or cold.
- Serving Ideas: Grilled vegetable salad pairs well with many different dishes. For a light meal, serve it alongside some crusty bread or pita chips for dipping into the flavorful juices of the vegetables. For a heartier meal, pair it with roasted potatoes or quinoa for added protein and fiber. You can also top your grilled vegetable salad with feta cheese or olives for an extra burst of flavor.
In conclusion, when it comes to side dishes, there are plenty of options to go with your chickpea salad.
From flame-grilled steak to roasted red potatoes, there are plenty of flavors and textures to choose from.
The best side dishes to serve with chickpea salad are flame-grilled steak, classic potato salad, baked salmon, crispy fried chicken, tuna salad, fried rice, grilled corn on the cob, grilled vegetables, roasted red potatoes, and Mediterranean-style grilled vegetable salad.
These sides are all flavorful, healthy, and easy to prepare.
With these 10 side dishes, you can be sure that your chickpea salad will be the star of the show.
What To Serve With Chickpea Salad? 10 Best Side Dishes
- Grilled Sirloin Steak
- Southern Potato Salad
- Garlic Butter Baked Salmon
- Super Crispy Fried Chicken
- Tuna Salad
- Fried Rice
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Vegetables
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish in 25 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.