Plaice is a popular choice for seafood lovers, thanks to its delicate taste and flaky texture.
So what should you serve with plaice?
There are many delicious options, but some of the best include roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, mashed potatoes, salads, and quinoa. You can also pair plaice with lemon rice, roasted carrots and dill, or over-baked sweet potato fries.
The best way to compliment the delicate flavor of plaice is with some veggies and mashed potatoes.
To know more about which dishes it goes well with, read on for 11 delicious side dish options!
What to Serve with Plaice?
There are many options for what to serve with plaice. One option is to serve it with roasted vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, and potatoes. Another option is to serve it with boiled new potatoes and a green vegetable, such as peas or green beans. You could also serve it with rice or pasta. If you are looking for a lighter option, you could serve it with a salad.
Still looking for ideas?
Here are 11 side dishes you can serve with plaice:
Potatoes have never let me down.
They’re a versatile side dish that can be served with just about anything.
For example, try oven-roasting new potatoes as a simple but delicious side dish for your next seafood meal.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and thinly slice your potatoes.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place them on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until they are fork-tender.
If you have some leftover roasted potatoes, they make a great snack or addition to a salad.
This side dish is quite popular in the United Kingdom, where it’s often served with plaice.
The combination of peas and mint is refreshing and palate-cleansing.
- You can vary the recipe to suit your own tastes, but generally, you’ll want to start by cooking the peas until they’re soft.
- Then, add in the mint and let it all simmer for a few minutes until the flavors have melded.
- Finally, stir in some shredded cheese and serve hot.
This dish is perfect for a summer picnic or dinner party—it’s easy to make, and it keeps well in a cooler.
If you don’t have any mint on hand, try using dill instead.
It has a similar flavor profile.
Ah, root veggies. I love them, and if you’re anything like me, you probably don’t get to eat them as often as you’d like.
That’s why I love honey roasted carrots and parsnips.
They’re absolutely delicious, and they make a perfect side dish for any fish or poultry dish.
What makes these veggies so special is that they are coated in a sweet and sticky syrup made from honey and olive oil.
The resulting mixture is absolutely irresistible, and it really brings out the flavors of the vegetables.
You can serve these veggies with your favorite fish or poultry recipe, or you can just eat them on their own as a snack.
Either way, they’re sure to be a hit at your next dinner party!
Garlic just makes any dish better, and that goes for green beans too.
A little bit of garlic goes a long way, so don’t be afraid to add it to your steamed green beans.
Not only does garlic add a savory flavor, but it also helps to preserve the beans’ color and texture.
Another great way to use garlic is in a pesto sauce.
Simply mix together some olive oil, parsley, garlic, and salt to make a delicious dipping sauce for your favorite seafood.
What can be easier than steaming some broccoli and serving it with your plaice?
This simple side dish is a great way to add some color and flavor to your meal.
Broccoli is a nutrient-rich vegetable that is packed with vitamins and minerals.
If you can’t find fresh broccoli in the grocery store, you can substitute frozen broccoli.
Just be sure to thaw it before adding it to the steamer. In addition, you can also serve this side dish with rice or quinoa.
I often turn to mashed cauliflower when I need a side dish that can serve as a vehicle for other ingredients.
The creamy texture and mild flavor of the cauliflower makes it a great choice for pairing with savory flavors.
In this recipe, I’ve combined mashed cauliflower with garlic, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese to create a flavorful topping for salmon.
Not only is this dish delicious, but it’s also healthy.
By using mashed cauliflower instead of traditional potatoes, you’re cutting down on the amount of carbs that are included in the dish.
If you’re looking for an easy side dish that can be tailored to your specific dietary needs, try this recipe out.
Choose your personal favorite salad for a perfect summertime meal.
A simple bed of mixed greens topped with diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese is a great option for any palate.
For an extra bit of flavor, try dressing the salad with a vinaigrette made with olive oil and vinegar.
Other ingredients you can add to this salad include grilled chicken or shrimp, roasted nuts, and grilled pineapple.
Couscous is healthy, simple, and perfect for a summer meal.
It can be served with any seafood, and it can be made in just a few minutes.
It’s usually cooked in a broth or water until it becomes soft and fluffy.
For a delicious and healthy seafood dish, try serving couscous with plaice.
Plaice is a white fish that has a delicate flavor and firm texture.
It can be cooked in many different ways, but we recommend pan-frying it with some butter and garlic.
Once the fish is cooked through, add some couscous to the skillet and let it cook until the couscous is warm and fluffy.
This simple dish is perfect for a summer meal.
You can also add other ingredients like diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and diced cucumbers to make it even more flavorful.
If you want to keep things ultra simple when it comes to serving plaice, then a simple side dish of rice is the way to go.
Rice is a versatile and affordable option that can be easily prepared in a short amount of time.
Plus, it goes well with just about any fish or seafood.
Whether you choose to serve rice with a savory sauce or simply steamed vegetables, there’s sure to be something on the menu that will appeal to everyone in your family.
To make things even easier, try prepping the rice the night before and setting it aside in a bowl covered in foil.
That way, all you’ll have to do is heat it up when you’re ready to serve.
Pasta can be used in tons of different ways, and it’s a great way to add variety to your meal.
For example, you can use it as the base for a hearty soup or stew.
Or, you can serve it as the star of the show by cooking it al dente and tossing it with a variety of toppings.
Some ideas include:
- Shrimp and Tomato Pasta: Cook pasta according to package instructions. In a large skillet, cook shrimp over medium-high heat until pink and cooked through. Add tomatoes and cook until softened. Drain pasta and add it to the skillet, along with salt and pepper to taste. Toss until combined and serve hot.
- Baked Ziti: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add garlic, olive oil, and Italian seasoning to a baking dish large enough to fit your ziti noodles. Add ziti noodles and bake for 10 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Top with ground beef, red pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese, and parsley before serving.
- Warm Fettuccine Alfredo: Cook fettuccine according to package instructions. Once pasta is cooked, add Alfredo sauce to a serving bowl and toss until evenly coated. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon before serving.
11. Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are a classic for a reason.
They’re delicious, filling, and versatile.
You can serve them as a side dish, as part of a main dish, or even as the star of the show!
Here are a few ideas for how to make them even more special:
- Substitute different types of potatoes for the traditional ones. You can try new varieties like red bliss or rose golds, or opt for different shapes like fingerlings or russets.
- Use different herbs and spices to add flavor and depth of flavor. Try adding garlic, rosemary, thyme, or parsley to the mix.
- Make your own mashed potato recipe from scratch using ingredients like butter, milk, sour cream, and salt. This gives you complete control over the texture, flavor, and consistency of your potatoes.
- Top your mashed potatoes with savory toppings like bacon, chives, or cheese. This will give them a unique twist that will make them even more irresistible!
What to Serve with Plaice Goujons?
Plaice goujons are usually served with chips and peas. However, they can also be served with other side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, rice, or salads. For a healthier option, you can serve them with grilled vegetables or a green salad.
What to Serve with Plaice Fillets?
Some good side dishes to serve with plaice fillets are boiled or mashed potatoes, rice, pasta, couscous, quinoa, vegetables (such as broccoli, carrots, green beans, peas), salads (such as Caesar salad, Greek salad, mixed green salad), and bread (such as rolls, garlic bread, naan bread).
What Sauce to Have with Plaice?
Plaice pairs well with sauces that are light and delicate in taste, such as hollandaise sauce, beurre blanc, or lemon butter sauce. You can also try a simple olive oil and lemon juice dressing. For a more adventurous pairing, try a salsa verde or aioli.
What to Serve with Breaded Plaice?
Breaded plaice goes well with potatoes, whether they are boiled, mashed, roasted, or chips. You can also serve it with rice, pasta, quinoa, couscous, or bulgur wheat. As for vegetables, peas, carrots, green beans, and corn go well with breaded plaice. Lastly, this dish can be served with different sauces like ketchup, tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, or mayonnaise.
What to Serve with Pan Fried Plaice?
There are a few things that go well with pan fried plaice. One option is to serve it with roasted vegetables, like roasted potatoes, carrots, and parsnips. Another option is to serve it with steamed vegetables, such as broccoli, green beans, or peas. You could also serve it with a salad or coleslaw.
What to Serve with Plaice (11 BEST Side Dishes)
- Oven-Roasted New Potatoes
- Peas and Mint
- Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- Garlicky Green Beans
- Steamed Broccoli
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Mashed Potatoes
- Pick your favorite side dish recipe from this article to serve with your plaice meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!