If you’ve ever made chicken salad at home, you know how delicious and versatile it is.
But what to do with leftover chicken salad?
Here are 16 creative recipes for your leftover chicken salad, including one for a baked potato, one for a delicious soup, another for a pizza and more!
See Also: 10 Best Herbs and Spices for Chicken Salad
What to Do with Leftover Chicken Salad?
Some of the best things you can do with leftover chicken salad are make a sandwich, put it on crackers or chips, or serve it as an appetizer with crackers and veggies. You can also use your leftovers to make soup!
Leftover chicken salad is the best…
It’s the perfect lunchtime meal, a fantastic addition to sandwiches and wraps, or makes a great dip for chips or crackers.
With so many delicious options available to you, it’s easy to run out of ideas on how to use your leftover chicken salad.
In fact, we’re pretty sure that you’ve been known to eat it straight out of the bowl for dinner when no one else was home!
But in case that’s not enough for you (you can never have enough chicken salad), here are 16 ways that you can use up your leftover chicken salad:
If you have a ton of leftover chicken salad and no plans for it, don’t worry.
You can make a wrap or pita with some of the leftovers.
- Simply spread some chicken salad on your favorite wrap or pita, top with shredded lettuce, tomato slices and some crumbled bacon bits.
- Wrap it up and enjoy!
Another creative way to use leftover chicken salad is by making a creamy chicken salad dip!
- All you have to do is take your leftover chicken salad and mix in a tub of sour cream, until it tastes the way you prefer.
- Then add a little bit of mayo, salt and pepper to taste, and then crumble some crackers on top for extra crunchy goodness.
- Serve with pretzels or chips while watching television and you’re good to go!
3. Add Chicken Salad to A Green Salad
To make a green salad with leftover chicken salad, you would simply add it to your favorite type of greens.
This will add an additional layer of nutrients to your meal while also making it a more balanced one.
The best thing about this idea is that it works great for any type or brand of chicken salad you have around; just don’t make it too far in advance or else it will lose some of its flavor and texture.
4. Use Chicken Salad to Top a Baked Potato
Using leftover chicken salad as a topping is a great way to use up foods that might otherwise be wasted.
Not sure how?
Try using chicken salad as a topping for baked potatoes.
It’s awesome, easy and you can personalize it by adding your favorite toppings like cheese or sour cream.
When you’re left with leftover chicken salad and no idea what to do with it, why not make chicken salad sliders?
They are easy to make and can be served as an appetizer or packed for lunch.
They are also a great way to use up any extra toppings you have in your fridge – think avocado, black beans, pickles and more.
6. Use Chicken Salad as Stuffing for Chicken Breasts
One of our favorite ways to use leftover chicken salad is to stuff it inside boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
See Also: 10 Best Herbs and Spices for Chicken Breast
It’s a scrumptious two-for-one meal, and so easy to prepare.
- To make stuffing your chicken breasts, just take off the skin and use a small spoon or knife to open up an incision horizontally through the center of each breast that’s about 1/4 inch deep.
- Scoop in some of the chicken salad and then fold the tops over it so that no stuffing can escape.
- Coat both sides lightly with nonstick spray and bake at 350 for 30 minutes until cooked through (cooking time will vary depending on size of breasts).
7. Make Chicken Salad Quesadillas
Quesadillas are a fun, easy way to repurpose leftover chicken salad into a savory snack.
The best part?
They’re easy to freeze and reheat in the oven, so you can have them ready for lunch at any time.
8. Use Chicken Salad as A Filling for Tacos
If you have leftover chicken salad, one great way to use it up is to fill tacos with it.
This is a great option if you’re looking for a quick and easy meal.
Simply fill each taco shell with chicken salad, and you’re good to go.
You can top them with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese, if desired.
Here’s an easy recipe you can follow:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced grapes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Serve in tacos shells, and enjoy.
This is a great way to use up leftover chicken salad.
Simply spread the chicken salad on top of a submarine sandwich bun and enjoy!
You can also add other toppings, such as lettuce, tomatoes, and onions, to make it even more delicious.
Follow this recipe to make the perfect chicken salad subs:
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 submarine sandwich buns
- lettuce, tomatoes, and onions (optional toppings)
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, mayonnaise, celery, onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on top of the submarine sandwich buns.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, and onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
10. Use Chicken Salad to Top a Salad
Another of our favorite ways to enjoy chicken salad is by using it as a topping for a salad.
We love the combination of chicken salad and greens, and it makes for a filling and satisfying meal.
To make this, simply top your favorite greens with chicken salad and any other desired toppings (we like diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and crumbled bacon).
Enjoy as is, or with a light dressing.
11. Add Chicken Salad to Pasta
Another delicious way to enjoy chicken salad is to add it to pasta.
This is a great option if you have leftover chicken salad and are looking for an easy way to use it up.
Simply add the chicken salad to your favorite pasta dish.
It will add a delicious flavor and extra protein.
For sides, we like to keep things light and healthy.
A simple green salad or roasted vegetables are perfect accompaniments to this dish. And of course, don’t forget the bread!
Chicken salad pasta is a complete meal that is sure to please everyone at the table.
12. Make Chicken Salad Pizza
Another simple way to use it is to make chicken salad pizza.
- To do this, simply spread the chicken salad onto a pre-made pizza crust and top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Then bake the pizza according to the crust instructions.
This is a great way to use up leftover chicken salad and make a delicious pizza at the same time!
13. Use Chicken Salad as A Filling for Calzones
Almost nothing beats a hot, cheesy calzone fresh out of the oven.
And when you stuff it full of flavorful chicken salad, it’s even better!
This is a great way to use up any leftover chicken salad you might have.
Simply spread some chicken salad onto a sheet of store-bought pizza dough, top with shredded cheese and your favorite calzone toppings, then bake according to the dough’s instructions.
In no time at all, you’ll have a delicious and satisfying meal that everyone will love.
Another good way to get rid of leftover chicken salad is to make chicken salad stuffed peppers.
This is a simple dish that can be made in a short amount of time and is packed with flavor.
All you need to do is take some chicken salad and stuff it into bell peppers.
You can then bake or grill the peppers until they are cooked through.
This makes for a great lunch or dinner option that is both healthy and delicious.
To make this dish even more flavorful, you can try adding some different herbs and spices to the chicken salad mix.
Some good options include oregano, basil, and thyme.
You can also add in some chopped nuts or dried fruit to give the salad a bit more texture.
Just like we did with the stuffed bell peppers, we’re going to take advantage of the bounty of summer tomatoes and use them as a vessel for our chicken salad.
This is a great way to use up any chicken salad, and it’s a light and healthy option for a summer meal.
Simply slice off the top of a tomato, scoop out the insides, and fill with your chicken salad.
You can top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese or some chopped fresh herbs, and enjoy!
Burgers are an all-time American favorite, and chicken salad makes a delicious and easy topping for them.
Simply spread some chicken salad on top of your burger patty and enjoy!
You can also add other toppings to your chicken salad burger, such as cheese, avocado, or bacon.
What to Do with Leftover Chicken Salad (16 Creative Ideas)
- Make a Chicken Salad Wrap
- Use Chicken Salad as A Dip
- Add Chicken Salad to A Green Salad
- Use Chicken Salad to Top a Baked Potato
- Make Chicken Salad Sliders
- Use Chicken Salad as Stuffing for Chicken Breasts
- Make Chicken Salad Quesadillas
- Use Chicken Salad as A Filling for Tacos
- Make Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Use Chicken Salad to Top a Salad
- Add Chicken Salad to Pasta
- Make Chicken Salad Pizza
- Use Chicken Salad as A Filling for Calzones
- Make Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers
- Make Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
- Use Chicken Salad to Top a Burger
- Pick your favorite idea from this list to use up your leftovers.
- Prepare the rest of your delicious meal.
- Enjoy your food in no time!