You’ve got a bunch of chicken salad left over from last night’s dinner party and you’re wondering: how can I serve it again today without having to make bread again?
We’ve got you covered.
Here are some creative ways to serve chicken salad without bread for your next meal.
12 Creative Ways to Serve Chicken Salad (without Bread)
Who doesn’t love a good chicken salad sandwich?
But the carbs!
If you’re looking for a way to cut back on your carb intake, or just want to try something new, we’ve got some creative ideas for serving this classic lunchtime dish.
1. Put It on Top of Some Spinach
You can enjoy this salad without bread by putting it on top of some spinach instead.
The spinach will give you a crunchy texture, while still allowing you to enjoy the flavors of the chicken salad.
2. Make Yourself a Breakfast Bowl
Breakfast bowls are all the rage right now, and we’re totally on board.
Not only do they make your morning routine a little more fun, but they also keep you from overdoing it on the carbs before noon (which is when most of us get our energy from).
- To make this breakfast bowl, just grab a bowl and add some oats, chia seeds, and berries.
- Then top with a scoop of protein powder and some coconut milk yogurt!
This will give you all the energy you need to start your day off well.
3. Serve It on A Bed of Lettuce
This is a super-easy way to serve chicken salad:
- First, you need some lettuce.
- Then, you need some dressing. You can use any kind of dressing you want—but we recommend something rich and creamy, like ranch or blue cheese.
- Once you’ve got those things ready, lay out the lettuce on a plate and put the chicken salad on top of it.
If you want more flavor and texture in your chicken salad, add some nuts or seeds on top of the lettuce before putting down the chicken salad.
That way they’ll get nice and crispy when baked!
4. Use It as a Dip
If you want to get really creative with your chicken salad, try serving it as a dip for veggies or crackers!
Just combine your favorite ingredients and mix them together in a bowl until they’re nice and blended together, then serve with your favorite veggies (we recommend bell peppers) or crackers (not bread!).
If you want that classic chicken salad feel, try serving it on top of crackers!
Many crackers are made with almond flour and don’t have any sugar or carbs in them, so they’re perfect for keto diets.
You can even use them as a base for other toppings like cheese or avocado if you want an extra boost of flavor!
6. In An Omelet or Frittata
Chicken salad is also delicious when served with eggs!
You can make an omelet by whisking some eggs together in a bowl, adding milk and seasoning (such as salt, pepper) if desired, then pouring it over your favorite vegetables and cheese (or just veggies if you want).
You can also prepare frittatas by mixing eggs with milk, salt and pepper; adding vegetables such as spinach or broccoli; then layering everything on top of each other in a baking pan and baking at 350°F until set (about 15 minutes).
7. With Potato Chips or Tortilla Chips
Potato chips or tortilla chips make a great base for chicken salad.
The crunchy texture is perfect for the more delicate chicken salad, and the chips soak up the excess moisture from the chicken, making it easier to eat.
The best part?
You can make your own potato chip croutons!
- To make croutons, simply slice up some potatoes into thin slices and bake at 350 degrees for about fifteen minutes until they’re crispy on the outside but soft inside.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow them to cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature (or in your pantry).
- When you’re ready to use them as a base for chicken salad, simply crumble them up into small pieces with your hands so they look like croutons!
8. In An Avocado Half
This is an awesome way to serve chicken salad because it gives it a fun twist that people aren’t expecting when they see it on their plate at first glance.
It’s also really easy to put together—just scoop some chicken salad into each avocado half, then sprinkle with salt (if desired) before serving!
You can add other toppings too if you want: tomato slices, red onion rings (or regular onion rings), or even crumbled bacon bits would all make delicious additions here!
9. As The Filling for A Stuffed Mushroom Cap
Chicken salad is a great choice for filling mushroom caps because it has a smooth texture and a subtle flavor that pairs well with the earthy flavor of mushrooms.
- To make this dish, simply mix together cooked chicken, mayonnaise, dill pickles, and shredded carrots in a bowl.
- Spoon this mixture into mushroom caps and bake in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until cooked through.
- If desired, top each cap with fresh dill before serving.
10. On Top of A Baked Potato
Baked potatoes are another great way to enjoy chicken salad—especially if you’re using leftover roast chicken!
You can do this one of two ways: either spread the potato with butter before adding the chicken salad (and then sprinkle with cheese), or just top off your baked potato with some sour cream and chives before adding any other toppings (like bacon bits).
Either way will taste delicious!
Another way to change up your chicken salad routine is to use rice crackers instead of bread.
You can serve chicken salad on top of the rice crackers, or you might prefer to stuff them inside the crackers (think of it as a deconstructed chicken salad sandwich).
Either way, this is a delicious and easy way to change up your routine!
12. In A Taco Shell
If you prefer to keep things in a shell, try wrapping your chicken salad in a hard-shell taco.
This is a fun and easy way to mix up your usual routine without losing any of the flavor or texture you love.
The only thing you’ll need is some cheese sauce if you want to make it cheesy!
12 Creative Ways to Serve Chicken Salad (without Bread)
- Put It on Top of Some Spinach and Enjoy
- Make Yourself a Breakfast Bowl
- Serve It on A Bed of Lettuce
- Use It as a Dip
- On Top of Keto-Friendly Crackers
- In An Omelet or Frittata
- With Potato Chips or Tortilla Chips
- In An Avocado Half
- As The Filling for A Stuffed Mushroom Cap
- On Top of A Baked Potato
- With Rice Crackers Instead of Bread
- In A Taco Shell
- Pick your favorite method from this list to serve your chicken salad.
- Prepare the rest of your meal.
- Enjoy your delicious food in no time!