Are you still holding on to those leftover biscuits?
We’ve got a few ideas for how you can use them up—and make breakfast even more delicious than it already is.
Whether it’s biscuits from last night’s dinner or a stash of ones from the freezer, there are plenty of ways to use up your leftover biscuits for breakfast.
So, what can you do with leftover biscuits for breakfast?
You can make a variety of recipes with leftover biscuits. One of the most popular recipes is to use them to make a fried egg sandwich. Simply cut each biscuit in half, drop it into hot oil for about 2 minutes, then top with a fried egg and some shredded cheese. It’s an easy way to make breakfast on the go.
Still looking for ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
What to Do with Leftover Biscuits for Breakfast
Whatever the case, we all know that leftover biscuits are a gift—and they don’t have to be just for dessert!
They can be used in all kinds of creative ways…
Here are 19 ideas to get you started:
1. Make a Breakfast Burrito
One of our favorite things about breakfast burritos is how easy they are to customize depending on your mood and the ingredients you have on hand.
Start by warming up some leftover biscuits in the microwave or oven (we suggest brushing them with melted butter first), then fill your tortilla with any combination of: eggs, sausage or bacon, cheese (or both!), veggies like spinach or avocado slices, salsa… whatever tickles your fancy!
Who doesn’t love waffles?
They’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, making them perfect for just about any kind of breakfast food (or even dessert).
If you want to add some protein to your meal, add some eggs and sausage before cooking them up in your waffle iron!
These little doughnuts are so easy to make with leftover biscuits!
Just take some biscuit dough and form it into balls, then fry them in oil until golden brown on each side.
Top with icing (or not) and eat them while they’re warm!
They’re amazing with coffee or tea in the morning!
A simple way to use up your leftover biscuits is to make quiches or frittatas with them!
Just cook up some eggs and cut up some veggies, then layer them together with the biscuit pieces in a muffin tin and bake them until they’re done.
You’ve got yourself a delicious breakfast that’s easy on the wallet and even easier on your tummy.
- If you have leftover biscuits from the night before, make them into a breakfast sandwich!
- Just butter one side of each biscuit and place it butter-side down on a griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted and begun to bubble, flip over the biscuit and cook for about 2 more minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate or cutting board.
- Top with your favorite breakfast meats (bacon, sausage) or cheese (cheddar), then place another biscuit on top of that one—butter side up this time—and press down gently so that it sticks together.
Repeat until all biscuits are used up!
Another great way to use up your leftover biscuits is by making a breakfast casserole or crockpot meal with them!
You can make so many different types of breakfast casseroles with biscuits and cheese, or try out this easy crockpot recipe:
- Take 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup of diced red bell pepper, 1 cup of diced onion, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and mix together in a bowl.
- Then lay out 8 biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Spread the mixture over each biscuit then top with another biscuit.
- Bake again until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
7. Make Biscuits-And-Gravy
Another easy use for leftover biscuits is to turn them into gravy.
Simply crumble the biscuit into small pieces and add them to your favorite homemade or canned gravy (or even some good-quality store-bought).
You could also add some sausage or bacon if you want to make it more substantial.
This one is a classic, but it’s still delicious!
Turn leftover biscuits into a breakfast pizza by topping them with eggs, bacon, cheese, and any other combination of toppings you like!
This is a great way to use up all that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving too!
If you’ve got a few extra biscuits lying around and a pot of soup simmering, this is an easy way to make them into something new.
Just toss the cubed pieces in at the end (or even while they’re still hot) and let them soak up some of that flavor.
It’s an especially good trick if your leftover biscuits are getting a little stale—the heat will soften them up and give them that delicious chewiness that’s so important when it comes to biscuits!
This one is easy!
- You just need to mix up some eggs, milk, and sugar, add whatever else strikes your fancy (like raisins or chocolate chips), and then crumble up some biscuits in there.
- Bake it in a dish until it’s all nice and golden brown on top, and then serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
For an extra special twist, try adding dried fruit like cranberries or apricots as well as some spices like cinnamon or nutmeg!
11. Use Them as Breading for Fried Chicken or Fish
The flaky texture of a good biscuit is the perfect breading for fried chicken or fish.
Just dip your leftover biscuits into an egg wash and dredge them through some seasoned flour, then fry them up to make crunchy, golden-brown breading for your protein of choice.
12. Sprinkle Some Sugar (and More?) Overtop of Them
If you want something sweet, consider sprinkling your leftover biscuits with sugar and cinnamon or sprinkles.
You can also mix up some Nutella or butter, spread it on top of your biscuit, and then sprinkle sugar over top.
13. Use Them in Place of Crackers when Making a Dip
his is one of our favorite ways to use up leftover biscuits, because it’s so simple!
Just take your favorite dip recipe, spread it onto a plate or platter, then crumble the biscuits over top.
The crumbs will soak up all the extra sauce and give you an extra-crispy coating on top—perfect for dipping!
Biscuits make an excellent base for omelets.
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter or oil and cook onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and saute until softened, about 5 more minutes.
- Add diced ham (or shredded cooked chicken) and cook until heated through.
- Fold in eggs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When egg mixture is almost set, add biscuit pieces and fold gently into omelet mixture until evenly distributed throughout.
- Turn off heat and cover omelet pan with lid; let sit for 5 minutes before serving so that biscuit pieces absorb all the yummy flavors from the eggs!
Turn a leftover biscuit into an easy breakfast by cutting it in half and topping each half with scrambled eggs, bacon crumbles, cheese, and any other favorite pizza toppings you have on hand.
Then bake until golden brown and serve warm with a side of fruit or vegetables.
If you’re a fan of chili and biscuits, this is the perfect way to use up those leftovers.
Just top each biscuit with chili, cheese, and sour cream for a quick breakfast or lunch.
17. Use Them as Breadcrumbs in A Meatloaf Recipe
Cut your biscuits into 1/2-inch cubes and fry them until golden brown before adding them to meatloaf mix (or any other meatloaf recipe).
You’ll never look at breadcrumbs the same way again!
If you’re looking for an alternative to croutons that doesn’t involve frying anything (or even turning on an oven!), try using biscuits instead!
Just break them apart into small pieces and add them to your salad or soup bowl before serving.
19. Make Biscuit Scones
Slice up your leftover biscuits into thin pieces and bake them with some butter on top until golden brown.
Serve them warm with honey or jam on top for an easy breakfast treat.
What to Do with Leftover Biscuits for Breakfast (19 Ideas)
- Make a Breakfast Burrito
- Make Biscuit Waffles
- Make Biscuit Doughnuts
- Use Them to Make Mini Quiches or Frittatas
- Make a Breakfast Sandwich with Them
- Use Them as A Base for Breakfast Casseroles or Crockpot Meals
- Make Biscuits-And-Gravy
- Make a Breakfast Biscuit Pizza
- Slice Them Into Cubes and Toss Them Into Soups
- Make Bread Pudding with Them
- Use Them as Breading for Fried Chicken or Fish
- Sprinkle Some Sugar (and More?) Overtop of Them
- Use Them in Place of Crackers when Making a Dip
- Make a Breakfast Omelet with Your Leftover Biscuits
- Make Breakfast Mini-Pizzas
- Top Them with Chili
- Use Them as Breadcrumbs in A Meatloaf Recipe
- Use Them as A Crouton Alternative for Salads and Soups
- Make Biscuit Scones
- Pick your favorite recipe from this list to use up your Biscuits for your Breakfast meal.
- Prepare the rest of your tasty meal.
- Be ready to munch in no time!