We know that cabbage roll filling is delicious and can be the perfect addition to so many things.
But we also know that it’s not always easy to find recipes for leftover cabbage roll filling, because most people just don’t know what to do with it.
See Also: 46 Best Recipes with Wonton Wrappers
There are plenty of ways to use up that cabbage roll filling.
First, you can make sandwiches with the leftovers. Just spread some mayo on some bread and top with some cabbage roll filling and enjoy!
You can also mix the leftovers into other dishes, like mashed potatoes or pasta sauce. This will add extra flavor to your meal while making sure that you get all of the nutrients from your leftovers.
But no worries!
We’ve got more ideas for you here.
What to Do with Leftover Cabbage Roll Filling?
Check out these ideas for more inspiration:
If you’ve been wanting to explore your creative side in the kitchen but haven’t gotten around to it yet, why not try making some homemade dumplings?
You can use your leftover cabbage roll filling as the filling for these delicious little treats.
In fact, they’re so easy and yummy that they might become one of your go-to dishes when you have leftovers on hand!
Got an extra cabbage roll or two?
Why not make a casserole out of them?
Throw them in with some cooked macaroni noodles and cheese sauce or a cream sauce and bake until bubbly and golden brown on top.
This is an excellent way to use up any leftover cabbage roll filling that you might have lying around in the fridge after making your rolls earlier in the week—just add some breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes if there’s not enough moisture from the meat filling itself.
If you’ve been wanting to explore your creative side in the kitchen but haven’t gotten around to it yet, why not try to make an easy omelette?
See Also: What Vegetables Go in An Omelette?
Simply whisk together some eggs with some milk and pepper, add some shredded cheese if desired, then add your leftover cabbage roll filling and cook until done (about 5 minutes). It’s that simple!
If you’re looking for something a little more substantial, why not try making a soup?
Try adding your filling to a pot of vegetable broth along with some diced tomatoes and basil.
You can also add some garlic, salt/pepper as needed, and even some extra spices like cumin or coriander if you’d like.
And if that sounds too complicated for you right now, just use up the rest of your leftover cabbage rolls by chopping them up into small pieces and adding them directly into hot soup bowls before serving—it’ll still taste great!
5. Add It to Your Next Batch of Mac and Cheese
This one is a bit more involved than the other recipes but still fairly simple.
- First, make your macaroni according to package instructions—but before draining the water off, stir in some of that leftover filling.
- Then pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes (until golden brown).
This is a great way to use up any leftover cabbage roll filling that you may have on hand.
- Simply layer the ingredients of your choice (meat sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese etc.) into a baking dish and top with the leftover cabbage roll filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
If you want something that’s more like a meal than a snack, try making yourself a salad using your leftover cabbage roll filling as the base of your dressing.
Top with whatever veggies you have on hand—we recommend spinach or red leaf lettuce—and voila!
You’ve got yourself a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner without having to go out of your way at all!
If you’re looking for something a little heartier, stuff your leftover cabbage roll filling into peppers instead!
We recommend keeping the filling as-is (no need to add anything else), but feel free to add toppings like parmesan cheese or black olives if desired.
Here’s another great way to use up your filling.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups of leftover cabbage roll filling with 1 cup of brown sugar and ¾ cup of flour.
- Mix well until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until top has browned slightly and edges have begun pulling away from pan sides slightly.
There’s no reason why you can’t turn those leftovers into meatballs!
- Just mix them up with some ground beef and spices, form them into balls, then bake until cooked through (15-20 minutes at 350°F).
- Then serve them with some marinara sauce on top!
11. Make Stuffed Peppers
Or if you’re looking for something a bit fancier, try making stuffed peppers!
- Start by cutting open a few bell peppers—We like green or red ones for this particular recipe.
- Then fill each one with about ¼ cup of leftover cabbage roll filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- Serve hot!
Slaw is a great way to incorporate cabbage into your diet, especially if you’re someone who doesn’t particularly enjoy eating raw cabbage on its own.
To make a slaw with leftover cabbage roll filling, simply grate some carrots and red onion into thin slices of cabbage (or buy pre-shredded coleslaw mix) along with some fresh parsley or dill.
You can also add some vinegar if desired (we recommend apple cider vinegar).
Then toss everything together until well combined!
What to Do with Leftover Cabbage Roll Filling (12 Ideas)
- Make Homemade Dumplings
- Make a Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Turn Them Into an Omelette
- Add It To A Soup
- Add It to Your Next Batch of Mac and Cheese
- Make a Lasagna
- Use It as A Salad Topping
- Stuff It Into Peppers for An Easy Weeknight Meal
- Make Cobbler with It
- Add It to Your Favorite Meatball Recipe for Extra Flavor
- Make Stuffed Peppers
- Make a Slaw with Your Leftover Filling
- Pick one of the ideas from this list to use up your cabbage roll filling.
- Prepare the rest of your meal.
- Be ready to munch in no time!