Are you looking for a delicious and easy side dish to serve with your next ham dinner?
Look no further than these 15 easy salads that pair perfectly with ham.
From classic potato salad to unique takes on coleslaw, these salads are sure to bring a flavorful and refreshing side dish to your meal.
Read on to discover 15 easy salads that go with ham!
1. Wedge Salad
Wedge Salad is an easy and delicious choice for pairing with a ham dish.
Not only does it provide a cool and crunchy contrast to the warm ham, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Here are some creative ways to make Wedge Salad your own:
- Drizzle with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- Add crumbled bacon and blue cheese
- Top with grilled shrimp or chicken
- Toss with a creamy ranch dressing
- Top with diced tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions
For an extra crunchy texture, try roasting the lettuce in the oven.
Just spread the lettuce wedges onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
Roast in a 375°F oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Pro tip: make sure to keep an eye on the lettuce so it doesn’t get too crispy.
2. Caesar Salad
The classic Caesar salad is a great choice for pairing with ham.
It’s deliciously savory, and can be customized to suit your tastes with a few creative twists.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Add some grilled chicken or steak to the salad for a protein-packed meal.
- Mix in some cooked bacon for a smoky flavor.
- Top it with a creamy garlic dressing for a zesty kick.
- Sprinkle on some croutons for a crunchy texture.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Pro tip: If you have time, make your own croutons for an even tastier salad. All you need to do is fry cubes of white bread in a pan with some olive oil and seasoning. Enjoy!
3. Kale Salad
Kale Salad is a fresh, crunchy salad that is packed with flavor and nutrition.
This salad combines the earthy flavor of kale with tart cranberries, crunchy almonds, and a zesty lemon-garlic dressing.
The different colors and textures in this salad make it a perfect complement to any ham dish.
For a creative twist, you can add some of your favorite ingredients to this salad.
Try adding in some feta cheese, red onion, or crunchy apples.
You could also switch things up by using different types of nuts like walnuts or pecans.
Finally, a great pro tip is to massage the kale before adding it to the salad.
Massaging the kale helps to soften it and break down some of the tough cellulose, making it easier to eat and digest.
4. Greek Salad
Greek Salad is a classic combination of flavors, textures, and colors that is sure to please any palette.
- Start with a base of crisp romaine lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and salty feta cheese.
- Then add a variety of Greek-inspired toppings such as cucumbers, olives, red onions, and peppers.
- For a bit of sweetness, add some dried cranberries.
- To bring it all together, toss it with a simple vinaigrette dressing.
For a creative twist, you can add some grilled chicken, shrimp, or gyro meat to the salad.
You can also top it with some croutons or crunchy nuts.
For a bit of heat, add some pepperoncinis or a few dashes of hot sauce.
Finally, when making your Greek Salad, don’t forget to season it with salt, pepper, and oregano.
Pro tip: squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top for a bright and tangy finish. Enjoy!
5. Strawberry Spinach Salad
This Strawberry Spinach Salad is a bright and flavorful dish that combines sweet strawberries, crunchy almonds, and creamy feta cheese with fresh spinach, all tossed in a simple honey-balsamic vinaigrette.
For an extra boost of flavor, you can also add thinly sliced red onions and dried cranberries.
To get creative with this dish, you can:
- Top with grilled chicken for a heartier meal
- Swap out the spinach for arugula or kale
- Add some diced avocado for a creamy texture
- Mix in a few slices of prosciutto for added saltiness
A pro tip for making this salad is to make the dressing ahead of time, so the flavors have a chance to meld together. This will make the salad even more delicious!
6. Caprese Salad
Caprese Salad is a classic Italian salad that is sure to pair perfectly with any meaty dish.
With its flavors of fresh tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fragrant basil, this salad is full of vibrant colors and textures.
For a creative twist, try adding grilled eggplant, roasted peppers, or even artichoke hearts.
You can also top this salad with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or pesto sauce.
For a pro tip, use burrata cheese instead of mozzarella for an even creamier salad.
7. Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
This Corn Tomato Avocado Salad is a delicious and vibrant way to enjoy the classic combination of corn, tomato, and avocado.
The sweet corn, ripe tomatoes, and creamy avocados pair perfectly with ham, making it the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
For an extra flavor boost, try adding some freshly squeezed lime juice or a sprinkle of cilantro. You can even add some crumbled feta cheese or a handful of toasted pine nuts for extra texture and flavor.
To make this salad even more special, drizzle some balsamic glaze over the top.
This will add a hint of sweetness and acidity that will really bring the flavors together.
A pro tip for making this salad even better is to let the ingredients marinate together for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to really come together and make it even more delicious.
8. Waldorf Salad
Waldorf salad is a classic American salad that features crunchy apples, celery, and walnuts in a creamy dressing, making it an incredibly flavorful and visually appealing side dish.
For a unique spin on this traditional salad, you can add dried cranberries, grapes, or diced bell pepper.
You can also substitute the mayonnaise in the dressing with plain Greek yogurt or vegan mayo.
To make this salad even more delicious, try adding a sprinkle of fresh herbs like dill or parsley.
Pro tip: toast the walnuts before adding them to the salad to bring out their flavor.
9. Crunchy Broccoli Salad
This Crunchy Broccoli Salad is a delicious way to add a fresh and flavorful element to your ham dish.
The crunchy broccoli florets and savory bacon pair perfectly with the sweet and tangy dressing, creating a dish that will be a hit with the entire family.
Plus, it’s a great way to get more veggies into your meal!
- Add in some grilled chicken for a protein boost
- Toss in some dried cranberries for a sweet and tangy flavor
- Top with roasted peanuts or sliced almonds for a crunchy texture
- Replace the bacon with tempeh bacon for a vegan version
Pro Tip: To make the most flavorful dressing, be sure to use a high-quality apple cider vinegar. It will add a great depth of flavor to the salad.
10. Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad
This Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad is a perfect complement to ham.
The bright colors, flavorful textures, and fresh ingredients make it an ideal side dish.
The combination of juicy chicken, crunchy bell peppers, and sweet corn creates a delicious medley of flavors.
For extra flavor, you can also add grilled pineapple, diced jalapeños, or crumbled feta cheese.
To top it off, a creamy dressing of cilantro, lime juice, and mayonnaise ties all the ingredients together.
To make this salad your own, here are some creative twists you can try:
- Substitute the chicken for shrimp
- Replace the bell peppers with roasted red peppers
- Add in diced avocado
- Top it off with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
Pro Tip: Be sure to serve this salad cold, as it will taste best when the ingredients are chilled.
11. Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
This Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing is a flavorful and refreshing side dish that pairs perfectly with ham.
Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but it also provides a burst of color and texture to your meal.
To make the salad, simply combine mixed greens, strawberries, feta cheese, and sliced almonds in a bowl.
For the dressing, whisk together orange juice, honey, poppy seeds, and olive oil.
To make this salad even more delicious, you can try adding a few creative twists.
- For example, you can replace the feta cheese with goat cheese, or add some freshly-grated orange zest to the dressing.
- For a sweet kick, add some dried cranberries or golden raisins.
- You can also swap out the almonds for pecans or walnuts for a nuttier flavor.
A pro tip for making this salad is to use freshly-picked strawberries when they’re in season.
Not only will they taste amazing, but they’ll also make your salad look even more beautiful.
Enjoy this salad with your favorite dish for a delicious and balanced meal.
12. Fennel Salad with Apples and Pecans
This Fennel Salad with Apples and Pecans is a unique and flavorful dish that features crunchy and sweet flavors, as well as a variety of colors to make it pop.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious side dish that everyone will love.
Here are some creative twists you can make to this salad:
- Add some crumbled feta cheese for a salty kick
- Swap in some toasted walnuts for the pecans
- Add some diced red onion for a bit of heat
- Toss in some dried cranberries for a sweet and tart element
- Top it off with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette
A pro tip is to use freshly-grated parmesan cheese to finish the dish. This adds a depth of flavor and a beautiful golden color that will make your salad stand out.
13. Roasted Zucchini Panzanella Salad
This Roasted Zucchini Panzanella Salad is the perfect accompaniment to your ham meal.
The toasted, crunchy croutons are the perfect contrast to the juicy, roasted zucchini, and the sweet, tangy tomatoes add a burst of flavor.
With a few creative twists, this salad can be customized to your own liking.
- Add in some crunchy crumbled bacon
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese
- Add cooked quinoa or farro for extra texture and protein
- Replace the tomatoes with roasted red peppers
Pro Tip: To make this salad even more flavorful, add a squeeze of lemon juice before serving. Enjoy!
14. Crispy Chicken BLT Salad
This Crispy Chicken BLT Salad is a delightful combination of flavors and textures.
Juicy tomatoes, crispy bacon, and crunchy lettuce are tossed with a tangy honey-Dijon dressing, then topped with creamy avocado and crunchy croutons for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover chicken.
To make this salad your own, there are a few creative twists you can try:
- Swap out the lettuce for baby spinach or kale
- Add in some radishes or roasted beets for extra crunch
- Use leftover grilled chicken instead of boiled
- Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds or sliced almonds for extra protein
- Top with crumbled blue cheese for a creamy finish
Pro Tip: Make this salad a meal by adding a protein like grilled shrimp or crispy baked tofu.
15. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a delicious, protein-packed dish that is the perfect accompaniment to any ham dinner.
Bursting with flavors, textures, and colors, this salad is sure to please the whole family.
To make it even more special, try adding in some of these creative twists:
- Substitute feta for goat cheese for a tangier flavor
- Add in some fresh herbs like basil or oregano
- Top with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette for a pop of flavor
Pro tip: Make this salad ahead of time and let it chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld and will make it even tastier.
15 Easy Salads that Go with Ham
- Wedge Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Crunchy Broccoli Salad
- Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad
- Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Fennel Salad with Apples and Pecans
- Roasted Zucchini Panzanella Salad
- Crispy Chicken BLT Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Pick your favorite salad from this list to serve with your ham dinner.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!