If you’re wondering what salad goes with ham and scalloped potatoes, look no further!
Here are 10 of the best salads to serve alongside your ham and scalloped potatoes.
From simple green salads to more complex grain salads, there’s something here for everyone.
And since these recipes can all be made ahead of time, you can relax and enjoy your meal knowing that everything is taken care of.
So go ahead and get cooking!
10 Best Salads For Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
Serving a salad with your meal is a great way to add some extra nutrients and fiber to your diet.
But when it comes to ham and scalloped potatoes, what kind of salad should you serve?
Fortunately, there are a number of great salads that pair well with ham and scalloped potatoes.
Here are 10 of the best salads for ham and scalloped potatoes:
1. Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad isn’t as boring as it sounds.
I like to serve it with ham and scalloped potatoes because it is a filling meal but doesn’t weigh you down.
The salad has a good mix of textures and flavors, and it is easy to customize.
You can easily add or subtract ingredients to this salad to make it your own.
- For example, you could add cranberries, almonds, or sunflower seeds for a little extra flavor and crunch.
- Or, if you’re not a fan of broccoli, you could swap it out for another vegetable, like cauliflower or carrots.
2. Healthy Brussels Sprout Salad
When I say healthy, I mean a salad with some greens and veggies, but also something substantial enough to be a meal on its own if need be.
This salad has all of that.
It’s got healthy Brussels sprouts, diced apples, dried cranberries, and a light dressing. It’s perfect for a light meal or as a side dish.
If you’re not a fan of Brussels sprouts, you can easily swap them out for another green.
- Kale or spinach would work well in this salad.
- If you’re not a fan of apples, you could use pears or grapes.
- And if you don’t like cranberries, you could use raisins or another dried fruit.
3. Pasta Salad
Pasta salad comes in tons of different varieties, so it can be easily customized to fit any type of event or gathering.
I like to serve a pasta salad like this one when I am hosting a summer barbecue or potluck.
This salad is also a great option to bring to a picnic or potluck.
This salad can be easily customized to fit your taste or the occasion.
- For example, you could add grilled chicken or shrimp to make it a main dish.
- Or, you could add some chopped vegetables, like tomatoes, cucumbers, or peppers.
- You could also switch up the pasta shape or use a different type of cheese.
4. Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad (Gluten Free + Vegan)
If you’re following a gluten free or vegan diet, this salad is a great option to bring to a potluck or picnic.
It’s also a good side dish to pair with a main course like ham or scalloped potatoes.
To make this salad your own, you can customize it with your favorite herbs and spices.
I also like to add in extras like olives, artichokes, and roasted red peppers.
5. Taco Salad
If you love tacos, then you’ll love this taco salad!
It’s perfect for a quick and easy meal, and it can be easily customized to your liking.
I like to serve this salad on busy weeknights or when I’m entertaining guests.
This salad is very versatile and can be customized to your liking.
Some easy customizations include adding your favorite toppings, switching out the meat, or using a different type of cheese.
6. Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
Apples and cranberries are both fall fruits, so this salad is perfect for a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.
The walnuts add a nice crunch, and the whole dish is brought together with a simple dressing of apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
- If you’re not a fan of walnuts, you can easily leave them out.
- Or, if you want to add a little more sweetness to the salad, you can drizzle on some honey before serving.
7. Warm German Potato Salad
I bet you love a good ham and potato dish.
But sometimes, you just want something a little lighter.
That’s where this salad comes in. It’s the perfect side for a summer BBQ or a winter holiday meal.
This salad is already pretty tasty, but there are a few ways you can change it up.
- Try adding some chopped bacon or crumbled blue cheese.
- Or, if you want something a little sweeter, add some diced apples or raisins.
8. Simple Beet Salad Recipe with Dressing
Simple, easy, and tasty, this salad is perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
The beets can be roasted ahead of time, and the dressing can be made in advance.
This salad is also great for a casual lunch or dinner party.
This salad can be easily customized to your liking.
- Add some crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese for a little extra flavor.
- For a heartier salad, add some chopped cooked chicken or turkey.
- You could also add some chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans.
9. Three Bean Salad
How do you feel about beans?
If you love beans, then this salad is perfect for you.
Three different beans are mixed together with a variety of seasonings to create a flavorful and filling salad.
This salad is perfect for a summer cookout or a winter potluck.
This salad is also very easy to customize.
- If you don’t like one of the beans, you can easily swap it out for another bean.
- You can also add in additional vegetables, such as chopped celery or red peppers.
- If you want a bit more of a kick, you can also add in some hot sauce or Sriracha.
10. Mediterranean Bean Salad
There’s something about the combination of starchy scalloped potatoes, salty ham, and a bright, acidic salad that just feels like comfort food to me. This is the perfect meal to enjoy on a cool autumn evening.
- If you’re not a fan of feta cheese, you can easily leave it out of this recipe.
- Other good cheese options include goat cheese or Parmesan.
- If you want to add a bit more protein to the salad, you could also add cooked chicken or shrimp.
10 Best Salads For Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
- Broccoli Salad
- Healthy Brussels Sprout Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Taco Salad
- Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
- Warm German Potato Salad
- Simple Beet Salad Recipe with Dressing
- Three Bean Salad
- Mediterranean Bean Salad
- Choose your favorite salad from this list to serve with your meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!