Cauliflower soup is one of the most delicious and comforting dishes you can make.
It’s creamy, flavorful, and filling – perfect for any night of the week.
But what do you serve with cauliflower soup?
The best accompaniments to serve with cauliflower soup are crusty bread, croutons, and a sprinkle of parsley or chives. You can also add a dollop of sour cream for extra richness. For a healthier option, serve the soup with roasted vegetables such as carrots and squash.
From salads to roasted vegetables, there are plenty of options out there that will perfectly complement your cauliflower soup.
In this article, I’ll be sharing 13 of my favorite side dishes to serve with cauliflower soup.
- 10 Best Toppings for Cauliflower Soup
- How To Thicken Cauliflower Soup (15 Easy Ways)
- Cauliflower Soup Wine Pairing – The Best Wines for Cauliflower Soups
Each dish has its own unique flavor profile that will bring out the best in your meal.
So let’s get started!
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes with Cauliflower Soup?
- Side dishes can add texture and flavor to the soup, making it more interesting.
- They can provide a contrast in temperature, such as serving a warm side dish with a cold soup.
- Side dishes can also help to make the meal more filling and nutritious by adding additional proteins or vegetables.
What To Serve With Cauliflower Soup – 13 Best Side Dishes
Cauliflower soup is a delicious and comforting dish, but it can be tricky to know what to serve with it.
To ensure that your meal is complete, here are 13 side dishes that will perfectly complement your cauliflower soup:
- What Is It? Cornbread is a type of bread made with cornmeal, flour, butter, eggs, and milk. It is usually baked in a skillet or baking dish and can be served as an accompaniment to soups and stews.
- Variations: Cornbread can be prepared in many different ways depending on the region or culture. In the Southwestern United States, it is often made with green chiles for added flavor. In Mexico, it is sometimes sweetened with honey or sugar and flavored with cinnamon or other spices. Other variations include adding cheese, jalapenos, bacon bits, onions, bell peppers, garlic powder, cumin seeds or chili powder for extra flavor.
What Is It?
Baked stuffed potatoes are a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with cauliflower soup.
This simple recipe combines mashed potatoes, cheese, and bacon for a savory and satisfying accompaniment to your favorite soup.
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash and dry four large baking potatoes.
- Prick each potato several times with a fork, then rub them lightly with olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Let cool slightly before cutting in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potatoes into a bowl, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato around the edges of each half-shell.
- Mash the scooped-out potato flesh together with 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, 4 strips cooked bacon (crumbled), 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each potato shell with the mashed mixture and top with more grated cheese if desired.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm alongside your favorite cauliflower soup!
- What Is It? Garlic roasted broccoli is a simple side dish that pairs perfectly with cauliflower soup. The broccoli is tossed in olive oil, garlic, and herbs before being roasted in the oven until it’s tender and lightly browned. The result is a flavorful and nutritious accompaniment to any meal.
- How To Make It: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut one head of broccoli into florets and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the florets with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Toss everything together until the florets are evenly coated in the seasonings. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and lightly browned. Serve warm alongside your favorite cauliflower soup!
- What Is It? Braised bacon and kale is a simple side dish that pairs perfectly with cauliflower soup. The combination of salty bacon, earthy kale, and sweet onions creates a flavorful accompaniment to the creamy soup.
- How To Make It: Begin by heating a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the bacon and cook until it is crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels. In the same skillet, add in the diced onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute before adding in the chopped kale leaves. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until wilted then season with salt and pepper to taste. Finally, add back in the cooked bacon pieces to warm through before serving alongside your favorite cauliflower soup recipe!
- What Is It? Sautéed sugar snap peas are a quick and easy side dish that can be made in minutes. The sweet, crunchy flavor of the sugar snap peas is complemented by the savory flavors of garlic and butter. This simple yet flavorful side dish pairs well with any main course.
- How To Make It: Begin by heating a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add one minced clove of garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add one pound of trimmed sugar snap peas to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the peas are bright green and tender-crisp. Reduce heat to low and add two tablespoons of butter to the pan; stir until melted. Serve immediately while hot!
- What Is It? Buttered noodles is a simple side dish that consists of cooked egg noodles tossed in butter and seasonings. The dish can be served as-is, or topped with cheese, herbs, or other ingredients for added flavor.
- How To Make It: To make buttered noodles, start by boiling the desired amount of egg noodles according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain the water and return the noodles to the pot. Add butter and any desired seasonings such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes or grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until all of the ingredients are combined and serve warm.
- What Is It? A grilled cheese sandwich is a classic comfort food that consists of two slices of bread with melted cheese in between. The bread can be any type, from white to wheat, and the cheese can range from cheddar to Swiss.
- How To Make It: Making a grilled cheese sandwich is easy and only requires a few ingredients. Start by buttering one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice butter-side down in a skillet over medium heat. Add your desired amount of shredded or sliced cheese on top, then place the other slice of bread on top, butter-side up. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and flip over to cook the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Serve hot with your favorite condiments such as ketchup or mustard!
- What Is It? Lemon Fried Rice is a simple and delicious side dish that can be made in minutes. It combines cooked rice, vegetables, and a zesty lemon sauce for an easy meal or side dish. The bright flavors of the lemon make this fried rice stand out from other dishes.
- How To Make It: Begin by heating oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion to the pan and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add carrots, peas, bell pepper, and cooked rice to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes more until vegetables are tender. In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, lemon juice, red pepper flakes (optional), salt & pepper to taste; pour over the fried rice mixture in the skillet stirring everything together until combined. Serve warm with extra lemon wedges if desired!
- What Is It? Oven Fried Zucchini is a delicious and easy side dish that can be made with just a few simple ingredients. This dish is made by coating zucchini slices in breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and herbs before baking them in the oven until golden brown and crispy.
- How To Make It: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Dip each slice of zucchini into the mixture to coat both sides evenly. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce!
- What Is It? Creamy Red Potato Salad is a classic side dish that is easy to make and full of flavor. This potato salad features red potatoes, celery, onion, mayonnaise, and seasonings for a creamy and delicious side dish.
- How To Make It: Begin by boiling the red potatoes until they are tender but still firm. Once cooked, drain the potatoes and let them cool before cutting into cubes. In a large bowl combine the cubed potatoes with diced celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix everything together until combined then chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!
- What Is It? This easy and tasty side dish is a green salad with apples, cranberries and pepitas. The combination of sweet apples, tart cranberries and crunchy pepitas makes for a delicious and nutritious salad that pairs well with any main course.
- How To Make It: Start by washing the lettuce leaves and tearing them into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl. Add the diced apple, dried cranberries, pepitas, feta cheese (optional) and your favorite vinaigrette dressing to the bowl. Toss everything together until evenly coated with dressing. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for up to an hour before serving. Enjoy!
- What Is It? Apple Spinach Salad is a simple and delicious side dish that combines the sweetness of apples with the earthy flavor of spinach. The salad is tossed in a light vinaigrette dressing, making it a healthy and flavorful addition to any meal.
- How To Make It: To make this easy apple spinach salad, start by washing and drying 1/2 pound of fresh baby spinach leaves. Then, core and thinly slice two crisp apples (such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp). In a large bowl, combine the spinach leaves with the sliced apples. For the dressing, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Drizzle over the salad ingredients and toss gently to coat evenly. Serve immediately for best results!
- What Is It? Roasted root vegetables are a delicious and easy side dish that can be made with any combination of root vegetables. This dish is perfect for adding flavor to any meal, as the roasting process brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetables.
- How To Make It: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and chop your desired root vegetables into cubes or wedges, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil over the top and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and herbs of your choice. Toss everything together until evenly coated in oil and seasoning. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm!
In conclusion, cauliflower soup is a delicious and comforting meal that is perfect for any season.
To make it even more enjoyable, there are a variety of side dishes that can be served with it.
Some of the best sides for cauliflower soup include cornbread, baked stuffed potatoes, garlic roasted broccoli, braised bacon and kale, sautéed sugar snap peas, buttered noodles, grilled cheese sandwich, lemon fried rice, oven fried zucchini, creamy red potato salad, spinach artichoke dip, and roasted root vegetables.
These sides are sure to make your cauliflower soup even more delicious, and will ensure that your meal is complete.
What To Serve With Cauliflower Soup – 13 Best Side Dishes
- Baked Stuffed Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Braised Bacon and Kale
- Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas
- Buttered Noodles
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Lemon Fried Rice
- Oven Fried Zucchini
- Creamy Red Potato Salad
- Green Salad with Apples, Cranberries and Pepitas
- Apple Spinach Salad
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish in 30 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.