Cauliflower puree is a delicious and healthy side dish that can be served with almost any meal.
It’s creamy, flavorful, and packed with nutrition – making it an ideal accompaniment to everything from chicken breasts to salmon fillets.
But what should you serve alongside your cauliflower puree?
When serving cauliflower puree, you can pair it with roasted vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, and squash. It also goes well with grilled meats like steak or chicken. Other popular accompaniments include sautéed mushrooms, garlic bread, and a fresh garden salad.
With so many options available, it can be hard to decide which sides are best suited for this particular dish.
That’s why I’ve put together a list of the 10 best side dishes to pair with your cauliflower puree.
From roasted vegetables to fresh salads, these recipes will make sure that your dinner is as delicious as possible!
Read Also: What To Serve With Mashed Cauliflower? 13 Best Side Dishes
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes with Cauliflower Puree?
|Side Dish||Cooking Time||Difficulty Level||Flavor Profile||Serving Size|
|Grilled Chicken||15-20 minutes||Beginner||Savory||4-6 oz|
|Roasted Brussel Sprouts||25-30 minutes||Intermediate||Savory||1 cup|
|Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic||10-15 minutes||Beginner||Savory||1 cup|
|Zucchini Fritters||20-25 minutes||Intermediate||Savory||2-3 fritters|
|Roasted Sweet Potatoes||30-35 minutes||Beginner||Sweet||1 medium sweet potato|
|Steamed Vegetables||10-15 minutes||Beginner||Savory||1 cup|
|Grilled Salmon||12-15 minutes||Intermediate||Savory||4-6 oz|
|Quinoa Salad||15-20 minutes||Beginner||Light and fresh||1 cup|
|Baked Cod||20-25 minutes||Intermediate||Savory||4-6 oz|
|Steamed Rice||15-20 minutes||Beginner||Savory||1 cup|
Serving side dishes with your cauliflower puree is a great way to add variety and texture to the meal.
Side dishes can help balance out the creamy, smooth texture of the puree by adding crunchy or chewy elements.
For example, roasted nuts or seeds provide a nice contrast in both flavor and texture.
You could also serve something like roasted vegetables for an added layer of flavor and color.
Additionally, serving side dishes with your cauliflower puree allows you to customize each plate according to individual tastes and dietary restrictions.
For instance, if someone doesn’t eat dairy, you can offer them a vegan alternative such as grilled mushrooms or steamed greens instead of cheese-based sides.
Serving side dishes with your cauliflower puree is an easy way to make sure everyone at the table enjoys their meal!
What To Serve With Cauliflower Puree – 10 Best Side Dishes
Cauliflower puree is a creamy, delicious side dish that goes well with many main courses.
But what other dishes should you serve with it?
Here are ten of the best dishes to go with this tasty treat:
1 – Grilled Chicken
Grilled chicken is a classic main course that pairs perfectly with cauliflower puree.
The combination of the smoky, charred flavor of the grilled chicken and the creamy texture of the cauliflower puree creates an irresistible dish.
To prepare this meal, start by marinating your chicken in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and herbs like rosemary or thyme.
Then grill it over medium-high heat until cooked through.
While your chicken is grilling, make your cauliflower puree by boiling florets in salted water until tender.
Drain them and then blend them with butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper to create a smooth consistency.
Serve alongside your grilled chicken for a delicious dinner!
2 – Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic Vinegar: Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut brussels sprouts in half, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with crumbled bacon and balsamic vinegar before serving.
- Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts: Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut brussels sprouts in half, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and grated parmesan cheese. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm as a side dish or as an appetizer topped with extra parmesan cheese if desired.
- Honey Mustard Roasted Brussel Sprouts: Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut brussels sprouts in half, toss with olive oil, honey mustard sauce (equal parts honey & dijon mustard), salt & pepper to taste). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown & tender when pierced by a fork.. Serve warm as a side dish or as an appetizer topped with extra honey mustard sauce if desired
Cooking Tip: To ensure even cooking of the Brussels sprouts it is important to cut them into similarly sized pieces. This will ensure that all the sprouts are cooked evenly and don’t burn or become soggy.
3 – Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic
- Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic and Lemon: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from the pan using a slotted spoon; set aside on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess fat. Add garlic to the same pan and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes more. Return bacon to the pan along with any accumulated juices; stir to combine before serving warm or at room temperature.
- Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges of each mushroom cap (do not overcrowd). Push mushrooms off to one side of the pan then add garlic; sauté for 1 minute before adding green beans into the center of the pan (the mushrooms will help keep them from sticking). Cook for 4–5 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
4 – Zucchini Fritters
Zucchini fritters are a delicious side dish made with grated zucchini, eggs, and flour.
The mixture is then fried in oil until golden brown and crispy.
They can be served as an appetizer or side dish and are great for using up extra zucchini from the garden.
- Grate the zucchini on the smallest setting of your box grater to ensure that it cooks quickly and evenly.
- Squeeze out any excess moisture from the grated zucchini before adding it to the batter to prevent soggy fritters.
- Use a high-heat cooking oil such as vegetable or canola oil when frying the fritters for best results.
- Fry in batches so that you don’t overcrowd the pan, which will cause them to steam instead of fry properly.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce such as ranch dressing or sour cream mixed with garlic powder and chives for added flavor!
5 – Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roasted sweet potatoes are a delicious side dish that can be enjoyed as part of any meal.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, making them a nutritious addition to your diet.
Roasting sweet potatoes brings out their natural sweetness and creates a crispy exterior.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before roasting the sweet potatoes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes or wedges for even cooking and maximum crispiness.
- Toss the cut pieces in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and other seasonings of your choice before placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup later on.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the outside while still soft inside when pierced with a fork or knife tip.
- Serve hot with your favorite main course!
6 – Steamed Vegetables
Steamed vegetables are a healthy and delicious side dish that can be prepared in minutes.
Steaming is a cooking method that uses hot steam to cook food, preserving its flavor and nutrients.
It’s an easy way to prepare vegetables without adding fat or calories.
- Start with fresh, firm vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, zucchini, and squash.
- Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces so they will cook evenly.
- Place the cut vegetables in a steamer basket over boiling water and cover with a lid for about 5-7 minutes until tender but still crisp.
- Serve immediately with your favorite seasonings or sauces such as butter or olive oil and herbs like garlic or parsley for added flavor!
7 – Grilled Salmon
Grilled salmon is a delicious and healthy side dish that can be served with any meal. It’s easy to prepare, and the smoky flavor of the grilled fish pairs well with many different flavors.
How To Do It
- Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon on the preheated grill, skin side down, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve hot off the grill or at room temperature alongside your favorite vegetables or salad for a complete meal!
8 – Quinoa Salad
Quinoa salad is a delicious and nutritious side dish that can be served with any meal. It is made from cooked quinoa, which is a gluten-free grain packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
The quinoa is combined with vegetables, herbs, nuts or seeds for added flavor and texture.
- Start by cooking the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Add in your favorite vegetables such as diced bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers or carrots for crunch and color.
- For extra flavor add in some fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro as well as nuts or seeds like almonds or pumpkin seeds for added crunch and nutrition.
- Dress the salad with an oil-based dressing such as olive oil and lemon juice or balsamic vinegar for a light yet flavorful finish to the dish!
9 – Baked Cod
Baked cod is a simple and delicious fish dish that can be served as a side or main course. It is made by baking cod fillets in the oven with butter, herbs, and spices.
The result is a flaky, flavorful fish that pairs well with many different sides.
- To make baked cod, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the cod fillets on an oiled baking sheet and season them with salt and pepper.
- Top each fillet with butter or olive oil, then sprinkle on some fresh herbs such as parsley or thyme for extra flavor.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve hot alongside roasted vegetables or mashed cauliflower for a complete meal!
10 – Steamed Rice
Steamed rice is a simple side dish that can be served with any meal. It is made by boiling long-grain white or brown rice in water until it is cooked through and fluffy.
The resulting grains are light, tender, and slightly sticky.
To add flavor to steamed rice, try adding herbs and spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, thyme, rosemary, or bay leaves during the cooking process.
You can also stir in butter or olive oil after the rice has finished cooking for added richness.
For a more flavorful option, try making pilaf-style rice by sautéing onions and garlic before adding the uncooked rice to the pan with broth or stock instead of water.
Finally, you can top your steamed rice with fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro for an extra burst of flavor.
In conclusion, cauliflower puree is a delicious side dish that can be served with a variety of different sides.
From grilled chicken to roasted sweet potatoes, there are plenty of options to choose from.
The best side dishes to serve with cauliflower puree are grilled chicken, roasted brussel sprouts, sauteed green beans with garlic, zucchini fritters, roasted sweet potatoes, steamed vegetables, grilled salmon, quinoa salad, baked cod, and steamed rice.
These sides are all flavorful and easy to prepare, and will make sure that your cauliflower puree dinner is one to remember.
With these 10 side dishes, you’ll never run out of ideas for what to serve with cauliflower puree.
What To Serve With Cauliflower Puree – 10 Best Side Dishes
- Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic
- Zucchini Fritters
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Steamed Vegetables
- Grilled Salmon
- Quinoa Salad
- Baked Cod
- Steamed Rice
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish in 30 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.