Grilled salmon is a versatile dish that can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion.
And what better way to dress up your grilled salmon than with a delicious dessert?
There are so many amazing desserts that go well with grilled salmon.
I’ve rounded up 15 of my favorites, from summery fruit salads to decadent chocolate cakes.
And trust me, there’s something here for everyone.
What Dessert Goes with Grilled Salmon?
There are many delicious desserts that go with grilled salmon. For a light and refreshing option, try serving grilled salmon with a fruit salad or some fresh berries. If you’re looking for something a little more indulgent, try pairing grilled salmon with a rich and creamy cheesecake or a chocolate lava cake.
Still looking for ideas?
Well, look no further than these 15 delicious desserts that go well with grilled salmon:
I love blueberries, so this dessert is always a hit with my guests.
It’s simple to make and can be served hot or cold, which is perfect for summer weather.
I like to top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some whipped cream, but you could also serve it with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup if you’re feeling fancy.
Since your grill is hot anyway, grilling pineapple is a great way to have some dessert while you cook up your salmon.
- Cut it into bite-sized chunks and brush it with a simple syrup made of sugar, water, and cinnamon.
- Grill until the pineapple is slightly charred and caramelized on the outside, then serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream on top.
For the perfect summer dessert, pair grilled salmon with a strawberry shortcake made with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- To make the shortcake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- In another bowl, beat together 2 eggs until they are light and fluffy.
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar and 2 cups of milk, then stir in 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined. Finally, fold in 2 cups of chopped strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
Chocolate cake is just a classic.
It’s always a hit, and it’s especially great when paired with something grilled.
A chocolate cake with a grilled salmon fillet is a great way to show off your culinary skills and impress your guests.
- Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat.
- Once it’s hot, brush the salmon fillet with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until it reaches the desired degree of doneness.
- Then slice into thin strips and serve alongside your chocolate cake.
Brownies are super simple to make at home, and they’re a great dessert to pair with grilled salmon.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the brownies are set and slightly golden in color.
- Serve warm, topped with fresh chopped strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
6. Key Lime Pie
I love the flavor of key lime pie paired with the delicate flavor of grilled salmon.
Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat.
Once it’s hot, brush the salmon with a light coating of olive oil before placing it on the grill.
Grill for about 3 minutes per side, or until the salmon is cooked through and slightly pink in the center.
To make the key lime pie, start by mixing together 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 2 cups of milk, and 3 eggs in a bowl.
Pour this mixture into a 9-inch pie dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until set.
7. Lemon Tart
How about some lemony tarts to go with your fish?
These delicate pastries are easy to make, and can be filled with just about anything your heart desires.
Fresh or frozen fruit is a popular choice, but you could also go with a creamy filling like whipped cream or custard.
And if you’re feeling extra indulgent, top it all off with a sprinkle of grated lemon zest.
If you like exotic fruit flavors in your desserts, mango is a great choice.
The tartness of the mango balances beautifully with the sweetness of the coconut, making this cake a perfect match for grilled salmon.
In addition to its fruity flavor, mangos are also a good source of dietary fiber and vitamins.
9. Apple Crisp
Apple crisp is an American classic that’s easy to make and delicious as is, but it can also be enhanced with a grilled salmon fillet.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and brush the top of the salmon fillet with olive oil before placing it on the grill.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side or until slightly pink in the center.
- Serve warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
10. Peach Crumble
Peach is a summer fruit that lends itself perfectly to this crumble.
The sweet, juicy flavor of the fruit is balanced out by the tartness of the crumbled topping, making it a perfect dessert to enjoy while outdoors on a grill.
Grilled salmon makes an elegant and healthy main course, but adding this simple crumble will make it even more special.
Some crunch always goes a long way in a cookie, and that’s especially the case when it comes to chocolate chip.
Adding some chopped nuts or seeds (especially pistachios) will give your cookies a bit of extra flavor and texture.
Not only are these goodies delicious on their own, but they also pair beautifully with grilled salmon.
Simply preheat your grill to medium-high heat and cook your salmon fillets for about 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Once it’s done, top with some freshly baked cookies and you’re good to go!
This pie is known for its buttery and flaky crust, as well as its tart lemon flavor.
The key to getting that perfect texture is to not overbake it, and to use a good quality pie crust.
Be sure to let the filling cool completely before serving so that it’s just warm enough to cut into squares without being too cold.
The flavor of caramel is a natural pairing for salmon, and this cake is especially delicious when served hot and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Caramel apples are another great way to add sweetness and flavor to your dessert without using added sugar.
Grilled salmon is also a healthy and easy way to enjoy a delicious seafood meal.
14. Peach Tart
Peach tarts taste sort of like summer in a pastry.
The sweetness of the fruit balances out the savory notes of the crust and cheese, making this dessert a perfect choice for those times when you want something sweet but not too heavy.
The tartness of the peach juices also helps to cut through the richness of the cream cheese filling.
This unique cake is reminiscent of a chocolate-covered marshmallow, with a gooey center and a crispy outer crust.
The key to getting that perfect texture is to start by creaming together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Then add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition until combined.
Be sure to temper the eggs by adding a little bit of hot water before folding them into the batter.
Finally, fold in some cocoa powder and marshmallows until everything is well combined.
What Is a Good Dessert After Fish?
There are many good desserts to serve after fish, such as fruit salad, cake, cookies, or even some ice cream. Depending on the menu you want to have, there are a dozen recipe ideas that would be perfect after a fish dish. Some examples include classic Italian sorbet or tiramisu, or the French technique of poached pear.
What Should I Eat After Salmon?
Some good options to eat after salmon are rice, potatoes, quinoa, couscous, and pasta. These all go well with salmon because they are simple and allow the salmon to be the star of the meal. You can also add vegetables to any of these sides, or have a salad on the side.
What Fruit Goes Best with Salmon?
Some of the best fruits to pair with salmon are those that are high in acidity, such as grapefruit, oranges, and lemons. This helps to cut through the richness of the salmon and balance out the flavors. Other good options include berries, stone fruits, and melon.
What Dessert Goes Well with Seafood Boil?
You can serve all kinds of desserts with seafood boil – from fruit ones, like stewed pears and fruit salad, to cake and cookies, or even some ice cream. Depending on the kind of menu you want to have, there are a dozen recipe ideas like classic Italian sorbet or tiramisu or French technique of poached pear.
What Dessert Goes with Grilled Salmon? (15 Desserts)
- Blueberry Cobbler
- Grilled Pineapple
- Strawberry Shortcake with Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Cake
- Key Lime Pie
- Lemon Tart
- Mango Coconut Cake
- Apple Crisp
- Peach Crumble
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Caramel Apple Cake
- Peach Tart
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cake
- Pick your favorite dessert from this list to serve with your grilled salmon.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!