If you’re anything like us, you’re probably always looking for a way to use up the last of your key lime pie filling.
It’s just so good that it seems wrong to throw it away!
But don’t worry—we’ve got your back!
- 20 Tasty Toppings for Key Lime Pie to Make it Irresistible
- Key Lime Pie Wine Pairing – The Best Wines for Key Lime Pies
What to Do with Leftover Key Lime Pie Filling?
The first thing you can do with leftover key lime pie filling is use it for a different dessert. For example, you could make a key lime pie milkshake by blending the filling with ice cream and milk or water. You could also add it to waffles, pancakes, or crepes.
Another option is to simply freeze the leftover filling so that you can use it later.
Just be sure to thaw it completely before using again so that you don’t end up with a grainy texture.
Here are 15 creative ideas for using up your leftovers:
See Also: 15 Best Vanilla Cupcake Toppings
This is a fun and easy way to use up the leftover filling and make something new for your family or friends to enjoy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Mix together 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 egg yolk, and 1 tablespoon milk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat together 3 egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in 1/3 cup sugar until combined; set aside.
- Divide batter into 12 mini muffin cups (about 2 tablespoons each), then top with about 1 tablespoon key lime pie filling per muffin.
- Top with whipped cream or meringue if desired!
- Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown on top but not quite baked through yet if you want that gooey center taste!
2. Use It as A Spread on Toast (with or Without Whipped Cream!)
You can use leftover key lime pie filling to make a dessert that you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
You can spread it on toast with either whipped cream or without, depending on what you prefer.
The tartness of the key lime pie filling will make your mouth water and you will crave more!
3. Freeze It Into Ice Cube Trays
You can also freeze the filling into ice cube trays so that you can enjoy it later!
Just be sure to leave some room at the top so that when they freeze, they don’t overflow onto your countertop.
Then all you’ll need is some water and these frozen cubes will melt right down into something delicious!
Add some extra flavor and texture to your next batch of brownies with this simple recipe!
It’s sure to be a hit with everyone from kids to adults—and it’s easy enough that even those who aren’t great at baking will find success.
Key lime bars are always a hit, but they’re even better when you have pie filling around!
Just mix in some of that leftover filling with whatever other ingredients you’re using for your bars and bake away!
You can use this idea with any kind of bar recipe—the only limit is your imagination (and maybe how much filling you have left over).
This idea is so simple: just make more key lime pie!
It doesn’t have to be an exact duplicate of the original; after all, what are leftovers for if not to experiment with?
Try adding a bit more lime juice or some coconut flakes to give yourself something completely new and different from your original creation.
If white chocolate mousse is your jam, try adding some of your pie filling into the mix!
The tartness of the filling will make an already incredible dessert even better by balancing out the sweet flavors with something slightly sour.
8. Use It As A Dessert Dip
If you’re looking for something sweet and easy to make, this dessert dip will surely hit the spot!
Simply mix together some key lime pie filling with cream cheese, sour cream and powdered sugar until smooth and serve with crackers or pretzels!
9. Add It to Vanilla Ice Cream for A Tart Twist
If you want to add some extra zing to your vanilla ice cream, mix a little key lime pie filling into it!
You’ll get all the deliciousness of key lime pie without having to make an entire pie—and you can enjoy it just as easily on a hot summer day as you would on a cold winter night.
If you’re looking for something simple and delicious, try adding some key lime pie filling into your next batch of banana bread batter!
The tart flavor will go perfectly with the sweetness of the bananas, and everyone will love the extra kick that comes from having a little bit more citrus in their life.
A milkshake is a great way to use up any leftover filling while also getting in some ice cream (and maybe even a little booze).
Just add some vanilla ice cream, milk, and vodka (or rum) to your blender and blend until smooth.
Then pour into a glass with crushed graham crackers sprinkled on top!
Instead of wasting your leftover filling by dumping it down the drain or letting it go bad in the fridge, use it to make these delicious cookies!
They’re easy to make and so delicious—we promise you won’t regret making them.
Another great way to use leftover pie filling is by adding it to your favorite morning smoothie recipe.
This way, you get all of the flavor and none of the guilt!
Just remember not to overdo it with this idea because too much sugar can be bad for your health!
We love topping frozen yogurt with fruit or candy—why not use your pie filling instead?
The tartness of this topping will set off any sweet treat perfectly, and it makes for easy cleanup because there’s no need for dishes!
15. Put It In A Cake
Key lime pie filling is so good on its own that you might not need any cake at all!
Just get yourself some store-bought cake mix and add in as much key lime pie filling as you like!
Bake according to package instructions—it’s simple yet delicious!
What to Do with Leftover Key Lime Pie Filling (15 Ideas)
- Make Small Cupcakes
- Use It as A Spread on Toast (with or Without Whipped Cream!)
- Freeze It Into Ice Cube Trays
- Add It Into Your Next Batch of Brownies
- Add It Into Your Next Batch of Bars
- Make More Key Lime Pie
- Add It Into White Chocolate Mousse
- Use It As A Dessert Dip
- Add It to Vanilla Ice Cream for A Tart Twist
- Add It to Banana Bread Batter
- Make a Decadent Milkshake
- Make a Batch of Cookies
- Add It to Your Morning Smoothie
- Use It as A Topping on Frozen Yogurt
- Put It In A Cake
- Pick your favorite idea from this list to use up your leftover pie filling.
- Prepare the rest of your tasty meal.
- Be ready to munch in no time.