The best part about making peach pie is the taste, but the second-best part is eating all of the filling when you’re done.
We know what you’re thinking: “What do I do with this leftover peach pie filling?”
You could just eat it by itself, but we think there’s a better way to use your leftovers.
What to Do with Leftover Peach Pie Filling?
The easiest thing you can do is use it in a smoothie. You can make a peach pie smoothie by blending together the pie filling with yogurt or milk and ice cubes. If you want to get really fancy, add some cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract to the mix. Then drink up!
There are so many things you can do with it besides just chugging it down straight from the jar (although if that’s your thing, we support you).
Here are 9 creative ways to use up that leftover peach pie filling:
Peach cobbler is a great way to use up leftover peach pie filling, and it’s a delicious dessert in its own right!
- First, mix together 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Spread the mixture over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Next, add 1 cup of flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. Stir until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Now add the filling—either straight from the can or thawed—and stir to combine. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream!
Did you know that it can also be used as a topping for ice cream?
This idea is perfect for when you have leftover peach pie filling and don’t know what to do with it. It’s easy, quick, and almost foolproof.
To make this treat, simply scoop some ice cream into a bowl and top it with your leftover peach pie filling. Then dig in!
You can also use this topping in other ways:
Try making a sundae by layering the ice cream with waffle cones or fresh fruit slices. This makes an easy summer dessert that everyone will love!
Peach Sherbet is one of the easiest ways to use up leftover pie filling.
To make it, you’ll need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups peach filling (see above)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, mix together your sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add your peach filling and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Finally, add in your vanilla extract and stir well until combined.
- Transfer it to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions!
You’ve got leftover peach pie filling and you’re looking for a way to use it. Why not make muffins?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare 9-inch pie pan by greasing with butter or oil spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well. Add eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Mix until combined; do not over mix!
- Fold in peach pie filling (you can use your hands if you want). Scoop batter into prepared pan, making sure to spread evenly throughout pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely on wire rack before serving warm or at room temperature
6. Use as A Topping for Pancakes or Waffles
You can also use it as a topping for pancakes or waffles.
- Mix together the filling with a little bit of flour until you get a thick paste that won’t run off your pancakes.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat and spread a little bit of butter on the surface of the pan.
- Pour enough batter into the pan to fill it about halfway up. Wait until bubbles appear in the batter, then flip it over and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove from heat, top with peach filling, and serve warm with syrup or powdered sugar!
7. Use as Part of A Dessert Salad or Parfait
This is a great idea for using leftover peach pie filling as part of a dessert salad or parfait.
First, get three cups of your favorite greens (we recommend arugula, baby spinach, or kale) and mix them with the peach pie filling. Then add in some chopped nuts and diced apple to round things out.
Finally, top it all off with some crumbled bacon and serve it alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
8. Freeze It in An Ice Cube Tray and Use in Smoothies or Sangrias
You can also freeze it in an ice cube tray and use it in smoothies or sangrias, or make a pie crust out of it.
- Spread the peach pie filling into an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 2 hours until solid.
- Remove the frozen peach pie filling from the freezer and cut into cubes with a sharp knife or kitchen shears (or use a food processor).
- Put each “cube” back onto the baking sheet and return to the freezer for another 2 hours to re-freeze fully (this will prevent them from sticking together).
- Transfer frozen cubes into a sealable plastic bag or container; label with date and contents (so you know what flavor you’re grabbing when you need some).
When you’re left with a little bit of leftover peach pie filling, don’t let it go to waste!
Instead, whip up a batch of these savory-sweet peach ice cream sandwiches.
The perfect combination of the fresh, juicy flavor of peaches and the creamy, sweet goodness of ice cream.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Leftover pie filling (or fresh, if you’re feeling adventurous)
- A tub of vanilla ice cream (or your favorite flavor)
- Graham crackers or other cookie of choice
- First, make sure your pie filling is soft.
- You can do this by heating it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, or letting it sit out on the counter for 20 minutes.
- Then spread some peach pie filling on one side of your graham cracker.
- Layer with a scoop of ice cream, then top with another graham cracker.
- Repeat for however many sandwiches you want!
- You can eat them immediately or freeze them for later enjoyment.
What to Do with Leftover Peach Pie Filling (9 Ideas)
- Make a Peach Cobbler
- Use It as A Topping for Ice Cream
- Make Peach Sherbet
- Add Flavor to Your Next Batch of Muffins
- Use as A Topping for Pancakes or Waffles
- Use as Part of A Dessert Salad or Parfait
- Freeze It in An Ice Cube Tray and Use in Smoothies or Sangrias
- Make Peach Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Pick your favorite idea from this list to use up your leftover pie filling.
- Prepare the rest of your delicious meal.
- Be ready to munch in no time!