Are you looking for some delicious Asian cod recipes to tantalize your taste buds?
If you love seafood, then these 19 recipes are sure to satisfy your craving!
From Fish Tacos to Crispy Baked Cod with Rice and Vegetables, these Asian cod recipes are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Enjoy the delicate flavors of cod as you explore some of the most popular Asian recipes.
When the craving for something special and delicious hits, this Korean Miso and Honey Glazed Cod is the perfect answer.
It’s a simple, yet elegant dish that comes together in a flash.
The combination of mild honey, rice vinegar, gochujang, white miso paste, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger creates a flavorful glaze for the fresh cod.
Serve this dish with hot cooked rice, steamed broccoli, toasted sesame seeds, and thinly sliced green onions for a complete meal.
For an extra special twist, try adding beech mushrooms separated from their base, tossed in canola or peanut oil, and a pinch of salt.
You can also experiment with different types of fish, such as salmon or halibut, and add your favorite vegetables.
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique way to prepare rock cod, look no further!
This marinade is a delicious blend of honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger, and is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
It’s easy to make and only takes 40 minutes to prepare.
Plus, you can customize the marinate to your liking by adding in other ingredients like chili flakes or cilantro.
-Add chili flakes for a spicy kick
-Swap parsley for cilantro for a zesty flavor
-Add in some chopped mushrooms for additional umami flavor
-Try using sesame oil for a nutty aroma and flavor
Oh my! If you’re looking for a flavorful, East-inspired dish, then Cod with Asian Orange Glaze is the perfect recipe.
This delectable dish combines the zesty flavors of ginger, sesame, soy, and the sweet tang of oranges, making it a delightful and unique dinner.
To really boost the flavor of this dish, try adding some miso and a splash of rice wine vinegar.
For a bit of crunch and extra flavor, try topping it off with some sesame seeds.
Best of all, this recipe is easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes!
Here are a few delicious twists you can make:
- Add some diced bell peppers for a pop of color
- Substitute cod for salmon for a heartier dish
- Use ponzu sauce instead of soy sauce for an extra kick of flavor
- Sprinkle some chili flakes for a bit of heat
- Top with a sprinkle of chopped scallions for a fresh finish
Honey has a way of making almost any recipe better, and this Honey Asian Baked Cod is no different!
With the perfect blend of sweet and savory, it’s the ideal weeknight meal.
All you need is four cod fillets, honey, soy sauce, pepper, apple cider vinegar, and sesame oil for a delicious family dinner.
For a fun twist, try adding some pineapple or red peppers to the marinade, or use a different type of fish like salmon or halibut.
Here are some delicious variations you can try:
- Add pineapple to the marinade
- Use red peppers in the marinade
- Substitute salmon or halibut for the cod
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick
- Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top for extra flavor
Black Cod with Hoisin and Ginger Sauces
I remember the time my mom made this delicious dish.
The combination of the succulent fish, the flavors of the ginger, honey, garlic, chili paste, hoisin, and soy sauce is truly unbeatable.
It’s an easy and forgiving dish, so even if you accidentally overcook it, it still tastes amazing.
If you’re looking for a classic Chinese steamed fish dish with a powerful presence, this is it.
Delicious Twists and Recipe Variations
- Use other types of fish, such as salmon, sea bass or halibut
- Substitute different types of vinegar, such as balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- Add in some chopped fresh herbs like cilantro, basil or parsley
- Use a different type of chili paste, such as gochujang or sriracha
- Serve with stir-fried vegetables or a salad.
Sometimes you just want something quick and easy, without sacrificing flavor.
This Teriyaki Cod recipe is the perfect solution!
Ready in just 15 minutes, it’s a delicious and healthy meal that is sure to please.
This recipe calls for cod, mirin, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, oil, sake, and water.
For an even tastier dish, try adding your favorite vegetables or swapping out the cod for salmon.
Here are some variations to make your Teriyaki Cod extra delicious:
- Add some fresh ginger to the marinade
- Top with sesame seeds
- Swap out the cod for salmon
- Add some sliced bell peppers to the marinade
- Serve over steamed rice
Foil Baked Asian Cod
I can already smell the deliciousness of this Foil-Baked Asian Cod!
This recipe is a great way to cook your fish without having to worry about it drying out.
The combination of ginger, garlic, bell pepper, onion, leek, Chinese cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, jalapeno, and cod creates a wonderful mix of flavors and textures.
The soy sauce, black bean sauce, sambal oelek, sesame oil, and rice vinegar work together to bring it all together.
You can enjoy this dish as is or get creative with it by adding twists or variations.
Here are a few delicious ideas:
- Add some baby bok choy for a crunchier texture
- Substitute the cod with salmon for a different flavor
- Add some chili flakes for a spicier kick
- Use coconut milk instead of black bean sauce for a creamier finish
- Mix in some chopped scallions for an extra pop of flavor
Asian Cod with Sticky Rice and Broccoli
Simple, delicious, and packed with flavor, Asian Cod with Sticky Rice and Broccoli is a must-try for any seafood lover.
The cod fillets are seasoned with a mix of Chinese five-spice and garlic, then pan-fried until golden and crispy.
Serve with a side of sticky rice and broccoli for a complete and balanced meal.
Delicious Twists & Variations:
- Add a mix of Asian-inspired flavors like toasted sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, and/or soy sauce
- Try adding a mix of different vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, and snow peas
- Substitute the cod with salmon or shrimp for a different flavor
- Double the recipe and serve over noodles or stir-fried rice for a heartier meal
Who can say no to a quick, delicious, and healthy meal?
This Chinese steamed cod fish recipe is made with just 6 simple ingredients and can be made in the air fryer or oven.
With a fragrant and flavorful ginger scallion sauce, this dish is sure to please everyone at the table.
Plus, it’s Paleo, Whole30, low-carb, and gluten-free.
Try these delicious twists to make this recipe even better:
- Try adding lime juice to the sauce for a bright and tangy flavor.
- Substitute cod for other mild-flavored fish, such as tilapia, sea bass, or flounder.
- For a spicier dish, add more red chilies or a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Serve with steamed or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
Not much beats a classic, and this Black Cod Broiled with Miso recipe is no exception.
If you’re looking for an easy, flavorful, and healthy dinner option, this recipe is for you.
The combination of the sweet miso paste and the mild, delicate flavor of the cod creates a delicious meal that is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Plus, this dish can be cooked in under 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal.
To make this even more delicious, try these twists on the classic recipe:
- Add some vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers, and zucchini to the miso mixture, and then bake the cod in the oven
- Sprinkle some lime juice and cilantro over the cod before baking
- Add a teaspoon of sesame oil to the miso mixture
- Top the cod with a bit of sriracha or chili flakes for an extra kick of flavor
- Serve the cod with a side of rice and your favorite vegetables
Don’t be fooled by its simple steps and ingredients – this Easy Thai Red Curry Cod is packed with flavor! With just 20 minutes, 1 pan, and 3 main ingredients, this dish is the perfect weeknight meal.
The combination of the savory fish and the creamy coconut milk, flavored with the spicy Thai red curry paste, creates a wonderfully balanced dish that’s sure to become a regular in your kitchen.
Make sure to top it with Thai basil or Makrut lime leaves for added flavor.
Delicious Twists & Recipe Variations:
- Try other types of fish like salmon or haddock
- Swap out the Thai red curry paste for green curry paste
- Add in some vegetables like bell peppers or carrots
- Top with cilantro instead of Thai basil or Makrut lime leaves
- Serve over noodles instead of rice
Just imagine biting into a perfectly cooked, juicy cod fillet smothered in an Asian-inspired hoisin glaze!
This easy-to-make Weight Watchers recipe is low in calories but high in flavor.
The combination of hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic chili paste, and sesame oil creates a savory and delicious glaze that your taste buds will love.
For an extra flavorful kick, top the cod with fresh cilantro and sesame seeds before serving.
Delicious Twists & Recipe Variations:
- To make the dish spicier, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the hoisin glaze.
- Try substituting the cod for any other type of mild white fish.
- Add a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds for a nutty flavor.
- Serve the cod over a bed of steamed jasmine rice for a complete meal.
Something truly magical happens when you combine fresh cod, miso paste, and butter.
This Miso Butter Cod Foil Packets recipe is no exception!
In less than 20 minutes, you can serve up a delicious dinner for two with virtually no clean-up.
All you need to do is top the cod with miso paste and butter, fold up the foil packet and let the oven do the rest of the work.
Asparagus is a great pairing for this recipe, but you can also mix it up by adding other vegetables like mushrooms, peppers, or zucchini.
For a delicious twist, top the cod with a sprinkle of brown sugar for a sweet and savory flavor.
Delicious twists and recipe variations:
- Top the cod with a sprinkle of brown sugar for a sweet and savory flavor.
- Add other vegetables like mushrooms, peppers or zucchini.
- Drizzle the cod with a mixture of soy sauce and honey before baking.
- Try using salmon or halibut in place of the cod.
- Top the cod with a sprinkle of sesame seeds for a nutty flavor.
Just look at how mouth-watering Nobu Miso Black Cod served over Coconut Rice is!
This decadent dish is seared stovetop and finished in the oven, making it an easy dish to prepare in your own kitchen.
The creamy coconut milk pairs perfectly with the white miso paste, making this a savory and flavorful dish.
To make it even better, the ginger and garlic add a zesty kick to the dish.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some vegetables to the dish to make it even more delicious.
Whether you’re serving this dish to a dinner party, or just enjoying it at home, you’ll be sure to impress your guests.
Here are a few delicious twists to make this even more mouth-watering:
- For a healthier version, use brown rice instead of jasmine rice.
- For a spicier version, add a teaspoon of chili flakes or a diced chili pepper.
- For a more savory version, add a tablespoon of soy sauce.
- For a sweeter version, add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.
- For a crunchier version, add some toasted sesame seeds.
Sometimes the simple recipes are the best.
This Asian Sesame Cod is proof of that!
This healthy and flavorful meal is sure to be a hit with your guests.
- Marinate cod fillets in a mixture of white wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, fresh ginger, garlic, and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and green onions, then bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve with a side of steamed veggies for a complete meal!
Variations to try:
- Add some sliced red bell peppers to the cod mixture
- Sprinkle the top with some chili flakes for a spicier version
- Serve with a side of quinoa or jasmine rice for added texture
- Sprinkle with some freshly chopped cilantro for an added punch of flavor
Cod with miso sauce and gingered greens
I can already smell the deliciousness of this cod miso recipe from Nobu!
This recipe is incredibly simple, yet incredibly flavorful.
The combination of white miso paste, mirin, light soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil creates a heavenly flavor that will tantalize your taste buds.
The cod fillets are cooked in a bit of olive oil and are served alongside gingered greens.
To make this dish even more amazing, you can try adding different vegetables, like bok choy, carrots, or mushrooms.
To make it even spicier, add some chili flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
For a sweeter flavor, add some honey or maple syrup.
To make the cod even more succulent, you can marinate it in the miso sauce for an hour before cooking.
Tasty twists and variations:
- Try using different vegetables, like bok choy, carrots, or mushrooms.
- Add some chili flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicier flavor.
- Add some honey or maple syrup for a sweeter flavor.
- Marinate the cod in the miso sauce for an hour before cooking for a more succulent dish.
There’s not much to say about this Cod and Kimchi Stew that hasn’t already been said.
This hearty and flavorful dish is an easy and healthy way to enjoy the best of Korean-style cuisine.
The combination of cod and kimchi is a winning combination that will have your family asking for seconds.
Be sure to serve with plenty of warm and crusty bread to soak up all of the delicious flavors.
For a fun twist, try adding some diced green onions and sesame seeds for a bit of extra crunch and flavor.
If you’re looking for a vegan version, try substituting the cod with some extra-firm tofu or tempeh.
And if you’re feeling creative, try adding some diced bell peppers or mushrooms to the stew.
Delicious Twists and Recipe Variations:
- Add diced green onions and sesame seeds
- Substitute the cod with extra-firm tofu or tempeh
- Add diced bell peppers or mushrooms
- Try using a different type of kimchi
- Top with a poached egg for a protein bump
Seriously, this dish is a must-try.
This 30-minute meal is light, healthy and the broth is warm and gingery.
Plus, it’s packed with flavor and nutrition thanks to the fresh ginger, garlic, soy sauce, dashi or vegetable broth, lime juice, cod, shiitake mushrooms, carrot, scallions and cilantro.
Delicious twists and recipe variations:
- Add chili oil to the broth for a spicy kick.
- Use white fish instead of cod.
- Substitute the shiitake mushrooms with other mushrooms of your choice.
- Add baby bok choy or spinach for extra veggies.
- Sprinkle some sesame oil and sesame seeds for a nutty flavor.
Who doesn’t want to enjoy a delicious and easy-to-make meal?
With Nobu’s Foolproof Miso Marinated Black Cod, you can have a tasty and hassle-free dinner in just 15 minutes!
This recipe is as easy as combining sake, mirin, sugar, and red miso paste, marinating the cod for a few days, and then broiling it.
For an added twist, you can try some of these variations:
- Add a mix of spices to the miso marinade for extra flavor.
- Substitute other types of fish such as salmon or halibut.
- Serve with a side of roasted veggies or a light salad.
- Drizzle some extra sauce over the fish before broiling.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of the fish.
19 Simple Asian Cod Recipe Collection
- Korean Miso and Honey Glazed Cod
- Rock Cod In Ginger Soy Sauce Marinate
- Cod with Asian Orange Glaze
- Honey Asian Baked Cod
- Black Cod with Hoisin and Ginger Sauces
- Quick and Easy Teriyaki Cod
- Foil Baked Asian Cod
- Asian Cod with Sticky Rice and Broccoli
- Chinese Steamed Cod Fillets Ginger Scallion Sauce
- Black Cod Broiled With Miso
- Easy Thai Red Curry Cod
- Cod With Hoisin Glaze
- Miso Butter Cod Foil Packets
- Nobu Miso Black Cod served over Coconut Rice
- Asian Sesame Cod
- Cod with miso sauce and gingered greens
- Cod and Kimchi Stew
- Chinese Cod In Garlic Ginger Broth
- Foolproof Miso Marinated Black Cod a la Nobu
- Pick your favorite recipe from this collection to serve for dinner tonight.
- Prepare all of the required ingredients.
- Cook your meal in 30 minutes or less!