I just love pan-fried fish.
There’s something about the crispy, crunchy coating and the delicate, flaky fish inside that makes it so irresistible.
But what do you serve with pan fried fish?
There are many sides that go well with pan fried fish. Some popular options include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, rice, quinoa, couscous, pasta, salads, and bread. For a healthier option, you can also serve pan fried fish with steamed vegetables.
Here are 15 tasty side dishes that will complement your seafood perfectly!
See Also: What to Serve with Pan Fried Salmon (14 Easy Sides)
What to Serve with Pan Fried Fish?
There are many options for what to serve with pan-fried fish. You could keep it simple with just lemon and butter, or get a little more creative with a sauce or salsa. Some other great options include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, rice, salad, and bread.
Still looking for ideas?
Here are 15 side dishes to serve with pan fried fish:
If you’re in the mood for something healthy, but still want to enjoy a delicious piece of fish, try serving it with roasted asparagus.
This vegetable is high in fiber and nutrients, and it pairs perfectly with the delicate flavor of fish.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before coating your fish filets in a thin layer of olive oil.
- Then season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on a baking sheet and roast for about 12 minutes, or until the flakes easily flake when touched with your fingers.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare your asparagus by boiling it until it’s tender and slightly charred.
- Serve the cooked fish and roasted asparagus together on a bed of steamed rice for a healthy and filling meal.
Sautéed spinach is a great way to show off the natural flavors of your fish.
By cooking the spinach in a little bit of olive oil and garlic, you create a delicious and healthy dish that will complement any type of fish.
You can also add different spices to amp up the flavor, such as chili powder or cumin.
If you’re feeling extra creative, serve sautéed spinach with a side of roasted potatoes or steamed broccoli for a complete meal.
Personally, I like roasting most veggies.
It gives them a nice flavor and a little bit of caramelization.
If you’re cooking fish, try roasting some broccoli as well.
Not only will it add some sweetness and crunch to your dish, but it will also help to balance out the richness of the fish.
- Start by prepping your broccoli ahead of time.
- Trim off the stem, then cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with your favorite fish fillets or crusty bread.
Adding garlic to mashed potatoes makes them taste amazing.
Not only do they add a delicious garlic flavor, but also some essential vitamins and minerals.
If you’re looking for a way to elevate your pan fried fish without adding any extra calories, try serving them with garlic mashed potatoes.
They’ll be sure to impress!
5. Lemon Rice
If you don’t mind a little lemon flavor in your dish, then you should try serving lemon rice with your pan fried fish.
Lemon rice is a simple and easy dish that can be made in minutes.
All you need is a pot of brown or white basmati rice, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.
Simply combine the ingredients in the pot, cover it with water, and let it cook until the rice is tender.
Once it’s cooked, fluff it with a fork and serve it warm, topped with your favorite pan fried fish recipe.
Add some chopped parsley or cilantro for extra flavor.
You’ll love how this simple side dish elevates the taste of your fish meal!
6. Quinoa Salad
This salad is known for its healthy, hearty flavor.
It’s perfect for those days when you want something light and satisfying, yet filling.
To make this salad even more nutritious, feel free to add in some chopped kale or spinach.
Not only does this provide additional nutrients, but it also adds a nice green color and texture to the dish.
Serve quinoa salad as is or top it off with a drizzle of honey or balsamic vinegar for an extra delicious touch.
This salad is easy to make, and it’s perfect for a summer dinner party.
Couscous is a popular Mediterranean grain that can be served as a side dish, or as the base of a salad.
It’s also gluten-free, so it’s perfect for those with dietary restrictions.
- To make this couscous salad, start by boiling water and adding couscous to it.
- Stir occasionally, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, fluff it with a fork and add in your favorite vegetables.
- Try chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and green onions mixed in with the couscous.
- For the dressing, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour it over the couscous salad and enjoy!
Beans are super filling and can really boost the flavor of pan fried fish.
In this recipe, you’ll mix together three types of beans: black beans, kidney beans, and chickpeas.
You can also add in some diced bell pepper and chopped red onion for extra color and flavor.
The key to making this salad taste great is toasting the spices before adding them to the beans.
This gives the dish a nice depth of flavor that you won’t find in a canned version.
Serve this salad with your favorite pan fried fish recipe, and enjoy the amazing flavors together!
When I hear the word “caprese,” I think of a delicious, fresh salad that’s perfect for summer.
Caprese is made up of juicy tomatoes, thick slices of mozzarella cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
The acidity of the balsamic vinegar balances out the sweetness of the tomatoes and cheese.
It’s a simple but delicious salad that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or main course.
To make it even more special, try serving it with grilled fish filets.
Grill the fish until it’s crispy and then serve it over a bed of greens dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
You’ll love how this simple dish elevates ordinary pan fried fish into something special.
10. Caesar Salad
As you can see, salads go super well with pan-fried fish.
In fact, they’re such a great option that you can even make your own Caesar salad at home.
- Start by mixing together some romaine lettuce, crumbled bacon, shredded Parmesan cheese, and a creamy Caesar dressing made with garlic, anchovies, and lemon juice.
- You can also add in some diced tomatoes or roasted red peppers for extra flavor.
- Serve the salad warm or cold, and enjoy!
11. Arugula Salad
If you want to keep things simple but delicious when you’re serving pan-fried fish, arugula is a great option.
The slightly bitter flavor of arugula pairs beautifully with the delicate flavors of fish.
To make this salad even more special, toss it with a light vinaigrette made with olive oil and vinegar.
This dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for easy access.
When you’re ready to serve it, just add the arugula to a bowl, top it with your favorite pan-fried fish fillets, and enjoy!
Beets have such a unique flavor that they can really stand up to the strong flavors of some fish.
For this beet salad, we’re combining them with creamy goat cheese for a delightful and flavorful side dish.
Beets are naturally sweet, so you don’t need to add any sugar or artificial sweeteners to this recipe.
This salad is perfect for a summertime meal, and it can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Watermelon and feta go together like peanut butter and jelly.
They’re two classic flavors that are perfect together.
In this salad, the sweetness of the watermelon is balanced out by the salty feta cheese.
The salad is also a great way to use up any leftover watermelon from your fridge.
If you don’t have feta cheese, you can substitute it with another type of hard cheese, such as blue cheese or goat cheese.
Just be sure to adjust the amount accordingly.
This salad is also great for summertime barbecues because it’s easy to make and doesn’t require any cooking.
Simply mix everything together and serve cold or at room temperature.
It’s almost as if grilling food just makes it taste better.
And what could be better than grilled corn on the cob?
This side dish is the perfect accompaniment to pan fried fish.
The sweetness of the corn pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of the fish.
Plus, it’s a healthy option that provides plenty of fiber and vitamins.
- To make grilled corn on the cob, start by soaking the ears of corn in water for 30 minutes. This will help to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Next, remove the husks and silks from the corn and brush each ear with olive oil.
- Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the kernels are tender and slightly charred.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pan fried fish recipe.
They have a lovely natural sweetness that pairs perfectly with pan-fried fish.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges, and toss them with olive oil and sea salt.
- Then roast in a hot oven until they’re tender and lightly browned.
- Serve alongside your favorite pan-fried fish recipe for a delicious and healthy meal.
And to make the dish even tastier, try topping the fish with a dollop of lemon-infused yogurt or a simple salsa verde.
What Sauce Goes with Pan Fried Fish?
There are many different types of sauces that can go with pan fried fish. If you want a light sauce, you can try a lemon butter sauce or a white wine sauce. If you want a heavier sauce, you can try a tomato-based sauce or an Alfredo sauce.
What Veggie Goes with Fried Fish?
There are many veggies that go well with fried fish, such as cabbage, collard greens, kale, spinach, green beans, and peas. You can also serve fried fish with corn on the cob, roasted potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, or mashed potatoes.
What to Serve with Pan Fried Fish (15 Easy Sides)
- Roasted Asparagus
- Sautéed Spinach
- Roasted Broccoli
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Lemon Rice
- Quinoa Salad
- Couscous Salad
- Three bean salad
- Caprese Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Arugula Salad
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve with your pan fried fish.
- Prepare the rest of your delicious meal.
- Enjoy in no time!