If you’re wondering what to serve with coronation chicken, you’ve come to the right place!
This article will list the 15 best side dishes to pair with coronation chicken.
From salads and vegetables to grains and breads, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
So let’s get started and discover the perfect side dishes to complete your coronation chicken dinner!
1. Roasted Veggies
I love roasted veggies because they are so easy to make and incredibly versatile.
You can switch up the type of veggie, the seasoning, and even the cooking method to create something new and delicious every time.
Here are some creative twists to try:
- Drizzle with honey and balsamic vinegar
- Add fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme
- Sprinkle with feta cheese
- Roast with olive oil and garlic
- Toss with lemon juice and zest
A pro tip for the best roasted veggies: use a combination of root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes for maximum flavor.
2. Garlic Butter Grilled Corn on the Cob
I’m a big fan of garlic butter grilled corn on the cob – it’s a great way to add a delicious flavor to your meals.
Plus, with a few simple tweaks, you can make it even better.
Here are some ideas:
- Top it with your favorite cheese and a sprinkle of paprika
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and a few drops of hot sauce for a Mexican-inspired twist
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs like parsley or chives for a light, fresh flavor
- Add a handful of chopped tomatoes for a tomato-basil twist
Pro Tip: Brush the corn with a little bit of oil before grilling to help the garlic butter stick and get that nice, golden, grilled look.
3. Baked Beans
I think baked beans are amazing because they’re so versatile and packed with flavor.
Plus, they can be a great addition to any meal.
Here are some creative twists you can try to make your beans even more delicious:
- Add a bit of BBQ sauce to your beans for a smoky and sweet flavor
- Mix your beans with diced vegetables like peppers and onions
- Spice things up by adding some cayenne pepper
- Top with some freshly grated cheese
Pro tip: Bake your beans in a cast iron skillet for an extra crispy and flavorful finish.
4. Mac N Cheese
I’m a big fan of mac n cheese, and I think it’s one of the best side dishes out there.
It’s so versatile and comforting that it pairs perfectly with almost any meal.
If you’re looking for some creative ways to make mac n cheese, here are a few twists to try:
- Add bacon bits for a smoky flavor
- Mix in some diced veggies for a nutritious twist
- Top with crushed crackers for a crunchy texture
- Swap out the traditional cheddar cheese for something more interesting like smoked gouda
- Mix in some diced jalapenos for a spicy kick
Here’s a pro tip: if you’re ever making mac n cheese, always add a pinch of nutmeg to the cheese sauce. It will give it a subtle sweetness that really takes the flavor up a notch.
5. Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries is one of my favorite sides for coronation chicken.
They’re the perfect balance of sweet, salty and crunchy, and can be served as a snack, side dish or part of a main meal.
Here are a few ways to make them even more amazing:
- Add a sprinkle of smoked paprika for a unique twist
- Try roasting them with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Bake them in a mixture of garlic and olive oil for an extra garlicky flavor
- Top them with a sprinkle of feta cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice
Pro tip: If you’re wanting to make them extra crunchy, try adding a pinch of cornstarch to the potato slices before baking.
6. Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots
I’m a huge fan of roasted garlic parmesan carrots.
Not only is this side dish incredibly flavorful, but it’s also so easy to make.
With a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious dish that pairs perfectly with almost any meal.
Here are a few creative twists you can make to this classic recipe:
- Use honey instead of sugar for a sweeter taste
- Swap out the Parmesan cheese for feta for a Mediterranean twist
- Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper for a bit of heat
- Mix in some chopped herbs like rosemary or thyme for an herbal flavor
My pro tip for making this side dish extra delicious is to roast the carrots with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper for about 15 minutes before adding any of the other ingredients. This gives the carrots a nice char, which adds even more flavor.
7. Caesar Salad
I love making Caesar salad for a quick, tasty side dish.
It’s a classic and there are so many different ways you can customize it.
Here are some creative twists you can make to your Caesar salad:
- Add croutons made with your favorite bread, or mix up the flavors with some garlic or herb-flavored croutons.
- Include a variety of vegetables, like tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers.
- Mix up the dressing by adding different spices like garlic powder or chili powder.
- Top it off with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese or feta cheese.
My pro tip is to experiment with different types of lettuce. Try using kale or spinach for a healthier option. Adding different types of greens will give your salad a unique flavor and texture.
8. Garlic Bread
Garlic bread goes super well with coronation chicken and is one of my favorite side dishes.
Not only is it delicious, but there are so many creative ways you can make it.
Here are a few of my favorite twists:
- Sprinkle some cheese over the top before baking for a cheesy garlic bread
- Add some oregano and basil for an Italian-style garlic bread
- Spread over some pesto for an extra flavor boost
- Add some chilli flakes for a spicy kick
My pro tip: don’t forget to brush the bread with melted butter before adding the garlic. This will ensure that the garlic flavour really seeps into the bread and you get the most delicious garlic bread possible!
9. Potato Salad
I think potato salad is one of the most versatile and delicious side dishes out there.
It’s so easy to customize, and there are so many creative ways you can make it.
Here are a few of my favorite twists on the classic potato salad:
- Add a bit of tangy Greek yogurt to the dressing for a creamy, flavorful kick.
- Top your potato salad with bacon bits and diced chives for a smoky, savory flavor.
- Mix in some diced bell peppers and tomatoes for a fresh, crunchy texture.
- Add a teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce or a few shakes of cayenne pepper to make it spicy.
My pro tip for making the perfect potato salad is to cook the potatoes until they’re just slightly al dente before adding them to the dressing. This way, they won’t become mushy and will still have some bite to them.
10. Stuffed Peppers
I’m a huge fan of stuffed peppers and I think they make a great side dish for any occasion.
Not only are they delicious and packed with flavor, but they are also really easy to make.
Here are some of my favorite creative twists you can make to add even more flavor:
- Stuff peppers with a mixture of cooked quinoa, beans, and corn
- Try adding some different spices like cumin, garlic powder, and oregano
- Mix in some crumbled feta cheese for a Mediterranean twist
- Top the peppers with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
Pro tip: Be sure to pre-cook the peppers before stuffing them to make sure they are nice and soft.
11. Dinner Rolls
Dinner rolls go great with coronation chicken, roast beef, or a classic Sunday dinner.
They’re so versatile, and I can’t get enough of them.
Here are a few creative twists to make dinner rolls even more delicious:
- Spread pesto or olive tapenade on top of each roll before baking
- Sprinkle grated cheese and herbs on the tops
- Replace regular dinner rolls with focaccia
- Brush the tops of the dinner rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder
A pro tip to make dinner rolls even fluffier: brush them with an egg wash before baking. This will add a golden-brown color and make them look beautiful on the dinner table!
12. Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
Ah, roasted garlic butter parmesan potatoes – just the thought of them makes my mouth water!
This delicious side dish is a must try for anyone who loves potatoes and garlic.
It’s simple to make, packed with flavor, and sure to be a hit with everyone at the dinner table.
Here are some creative twists you can make to the classic recipe:
- Add some chopped bacon for a smoky flavor.
- Sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top for a burst of herbs.
- Roast some cherry tomatoes alongside the potatoes for a pop of color.
- Make it a meal by adding some grilled chicken or shrimp.
My pro tip for making this dish extra delicious is to use the highest quality ingredients you can find. Good quality potatoes, butter, and Parmesan cheese will make all the difference!
13. Zucchini Fritters
I love serving these fritters with coronation chicken or as a light lunch with a salad.
Zucchini Fritters are an amazing side dish because they are light, fluffy and full of flavor.
Here are a few creative twists you can make to make them your own:
- Make them spicy by adding a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes
- Add a bit of fresh herbs like basil or oregano for an extra punch of flavor
- Swap out the zucchini for other vegetables like shredded carrots or sweet potato
- Top them with a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream for extra creaminess
My pro tip: Make sure to squeeze as much moisture out of the grated zucchini as possible before adding it to the mix. This will help ensure your fritters stay nice and crispy!
14. Garlic Knots
Who can say no to freshly-baked, buttery garlic knots?
They are the perfect side dish to any meal and are sure to bring a smile to the faces of your family and friends.
I think garlic knots are amazing because they are so versatile and they can be customized with all sorts of fun flavors and ingredients.
Here are some creative twists you can make to your garlic knots:
- For a Mexican twist, top your garlic knots with taco seasoning, melted cheese, and diced tomatoes.
- For a Mediterranean spin, top your garlic knots with pesto, feta cheese, and olives.
- For a sweet and savory combo, top your garlic knots with parmesan cheese and honey.
A pro tip for making garlic knots is to always brush them with melted butter or olive oil before sprinkling on your favorite topping. This will ensure that the topping sticks and creates a deliciously crispy garlic knot. Enjoy!
15. Creamy Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Oh my goodness, creamy broccoli cheese casserole is simply delicious!
It’s such a classic side dish and it’s so easy to make.
If you’re looking for a flavorful side dish to complete your meal, this is definitely it.
Here are some creative twists you can make to make it extra special:
- Add some extra veggies like mushrooms, peppers, or onions
- Top with crushed crackers for an extra crunch
- Stir in some cooked bacon for a smoky, salty flavor
- Mix in some cooked quinoa for a protein-packed addition
My pro tip for making this side dish stand out is to add some extra seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, or smoked paprika.
What Salad to Serve with Coronation Chicken?
Coronation chicken is a classic British dish that is commonly served at picnics and celebrations. To pair with this dish, a light, summery salad is ideal. A green leaf salad with some crunchy vegetables is a great choice.
For example, you could mix together lettuce, cucumbers, red onions, celery, and cherry tomatoes. To add more flavor and texture, you could also add some croutons, nuts, and dried fruits.
Another great option is a couscous salad. This could be made with couscous, herbs, peppers, and a light dressing. If you don’t want to make a salad from scratch, there are many store-bought options available that will pair nicely with the coronation chicken.
What Rice to Serve with Coronation Chicken?
When it comes to pairing a side dish with coronation chicken, rice is a great option. Depending on your preference and taste, there are a few different types of rice to choose from.
Long grain white rice is the most classic choice and is cooked by boiling the rice in a pot of water until it is tender. Basmati rice is a fragrant and flavorful option that is often served with Indian dishes.
Lastly, you could also choose jasmine rice, which is a popular choice for Asian cuisine. Whichever type of rice you choose, it should be cooked until it is fluffy and light to serve as the perfect side for your coronation chicken.
What to Serve with Coronation Chicken (15 Best Sides)
- Roasted Veggies
- Garlic Butter Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Baked Beans
- Mac N Cheese
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots
- Caesar Salad
- Garlic Bread
- Potato Salad
- Stuffed Peppers
- Dinner Rolls
- Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
- Zucchini Fritters
- Garlic Knots
- Creamy Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve with your chicken dish.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!