If you’re looking for what to serve with Amylu cranberry jalapeno meatballs, you’ve come to the right place.
That’s right—I’m going to tell you exactly what to cook alongside these incredible meatballs.
I get it: cooking is hard.
It can be intimidating, especially if you don’t have much experience in the kitchen.
But that’s why I’m here: I want to make it easier for you by giving you some simple ideas that will go great with your Amylu cranberry jalapeno meatballs.
So let’s get started!
What to Serve with Amylu Cranberry Jalapeno Meatballs?
The most common side dishes to serve with Amylu cranberry jalapeno meatballs are rice, mashed potatoes, and salad. These dishes have a similar texture to the meatballs and can soak up some of the sauce from the meatballs.
For even more delicious ideas, keep scrolling!
1. Cheese Sauce
This is my favorite way to eat them, because it’s so easy and delicious.
- Simply take a bag of shredded cheese and add it to a saucepan, along with some milk and butter. Heat over low heat until the cheese melts, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over the meatballs and enjoy!
Roasted potatoes are a great addition to any meal, but they’re especially good with these cranberry jalapeno meatballs.
The potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside—they make a nice foil for the juicy, spicy meatballs.
And if you’re serving them as a side dish, roasted potatoes can help balance out the richness of the meatballs.
To roast potatoes: Slice them into wedges and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Spread them out on a baking sheet and roast at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes (depending on how big your potato wedges are).
This salad is the perfect side dish for Amylu’s cranberry jalapeno meatballs.
It’s full of fresh and crunchy vegetables, tart cranberries, and a tangy dressing that will bring out the best in both dishes.
The recipe is simple: a head of lettuce (iceberg or romaine), chopped into bite-sized pieces; one cup of grape tomatoes, halved; two tablespoons olive oil; one tablespoon red wine vinegar; salt and pepper to taste.
Toss together in a large bowl and serve cold on top of Amylu’s cranberry jalapeno meatballs.
I love having Brussels sprouts with my meatball dishes because it adds some crunch and texture, which helps cut the richness of the meatballs.
Plus, they’re super easy to make!
Just cut them in half, toss them with olive oil and salt, put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and roast at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius) until they’re crispy-browned.
If you’re looking for something a little more traditional, go ahead and serve these cranberry jalapeno meatballs over mashed potatoes!
You’ll be amazed at how well they go together—the flavor balance is perfect.
If you’re looking for something really easy, I recommend making cauliflower “rice.”
Cauliflower “rice” is basically just finely chopped up pieces of cauliflower—but it tastes just like rice!
It’s a great way to use up some of that leftover cauliflower from dinner last night.
- You can make it by pulsing raw cauliflower florets in a food processor until they are about the size of grains of rice.
- Then sauté them in a skillet with some olive oil until they’re tender.
- Once your cauliflower “rice” is done, add some chili powder or cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want things), salt if needed, and some lime juice or lemon juice if you want extra flavor.
You can also add any other spices or ingredients that sound good to you.
Polenta is a great alternative to pasta or rice, and it’s super easy to prepare.
- To make it creamy, add 2 cups of milk and a little butter or olive oil to a saucepan and heat until the liquid begins to simmer.
- Add 1 cup of polenta slowly, stirring constantly so that there are no lumps in your mixture.
- Bring the mixture back up to a simmer and stir for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
8. Green Beans
Green beans are easy to prepare and make a great complement to the meatballs’ sweet and spicy flavors.
To prepare them, simply snap off the ends of the beans and wash them before cooking them in boiling water until they’re tender.
You can also add some garlic and onion slices to the water while they cook if you’d like an extra flavor boost!
Baked sweet potato fries are easy to make, and they’ll complement the meatballs perfectly.
Here’s how I do it:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut up your sweet potatoes into fry-sized pieces (about 3/4″ long).
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray, then add the potato pieces in a single layer. Bake until they’re browned and crispy on the outside—about 20 minutes or so.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool for at least 5 minutes before serving with Amylu cranberry jalapeno meatballs!
10. Steamed Broccoli
This is a great option for people who don’t like to eat their veggies raw. Steaming broccoli brings out its natural sweetness, making it the perfect complement to our meatballs.
You can also add some lemon juice or olive oil to make it extra tasty!
And if you’re looking for something even more traditional still?
Try serving these cranberry jalapeno meatballs over pasta!
They’ll go great with any sauce you might already be making for dinner tonight—and since they’re already cooked through, all you’ll have to do is heat them up in the oven before serving them on top of your favorite noodles or rice!
12. A Green Salad
If you’re looking for a light, crisp accompaniment to your meatballs, try a green salad!
This will be a nice contrast to the rich flavor of the meatballs, which is why I love this idea so much.
The freshness of the greens and the sharpness of their flavor will highlight the savory sweetness of your cranberry jalapeno meatballs.
13. Salsa Verde
Salsa verde is another great option for serving with Amylu cranberry jalapeno meatballs.
This Mexican-inspired sauce combines tomatillos, cilantro, onion, garlic, and lime juice in a delicious combination that works well with both sweet and savory foods.
Just be sure to use salsa verde that’s made without any dairy products—you want it to be vegan!
Honey mustard vinaigrette also pairs well with Amylu cranberry jalapeno meatballs—and it’s a great choice if you’re looking for an alternative to the two previous options.
Honey mustard vinaigrette has some of the same flavors as traditional honey mustard dressing but is made with less sugar than the original recipe calls for (which means it has less calories).
15. Brown Rice
Brown rice is another nutritious option that pairs well with Amylu cranberry jalapeno meatballs, especially if you add some soy sauce or other spices while cooking it up!
This will give your meal an extra boost of flavor and nutrition without taking away from the deliciousness of our meatballs.
What to Serve with Amylu Cranberry Jalapeno Meatballs
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve with your meatballs.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Be ready to munch in no time!