With so many different side dishes for pork chops out there, it can be hard to decide what to serve with your shake and bake pork chops.
But don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
Here are 12 easy sides that will go perfectly with your next pork chop dish.
So go ahead and give one (or all) of these a try!
What to Serve with Shake and Bake Pork Chops?
Shake and bake pork chops are a delicious, easy, and weeknight-friendly meal.
But what should you serve with them?
Some people like to serve their shake and bake pork chops with a side of rice, while others prefer mashed potatoes. If you want to keep things simple, you can just serve the pork chops with a salad or some steamed vegetables.
However, if you want to make things more interesting, you could try serving the pork chops with a fruit chutney or a dipping sauce on the side.
Still looking for ideas?
Below, I’ve rounded up 12 of the best side dishes to serve with shake and bake pork chops:
1. Rice Pilaf
Rice sides for pork chops are a dime a dozen, but this rice pilaf recipe is truly special.
This dish is so good on its own, but if you’re looking for ways to jazz things up, here are a few ideas:
- Add some spice with a pinch of cayenne pepper or a teaspoon of curry powder.
- Make it extra flavorful with a handful of chopped fresh herbs, like parsley, cilantro, or chives.
- Stir in some cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu for extra protein.
- Mix in a handful of frozen peas or corn for extra color and sweetness.
2. Roasted Vegetables
Knowing what vegetable goes with pork chops can be tricky, but roasted vegetables are always a safe bet.
They’re easy to make, endlessly versatile, and always taste delicious.
My go-to roasted vegetables are carrots, potatoes, and Brussels sprouts, but you can really use any veggies you like.
Here are a few ideas for how to jazz up your roasted veggies:
- Roast them with some fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme.
- Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Mix in some chopped bacon or pancetta for extra flavor.
- Toss with a simple vinaigrette of olive oil and balsamic vinegar before roasting.
3. Mashed Potatoes
With so many potato side dishes for pork chops out there, it can be hard to decide which one to make.
But when it comes down to it, there’s really only one classic option that can’t be beat: mashed potatoes.
Mashed potatoes are the perfect comfort food.
They’re warm, creamy, and satisfying – everything you want in a side dish.
And while they may seem like a simple dish, there are actually a lot of ways you can jazz them up.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to make mashed potatoes even better:
- Add some shredded cheese, diced cooked bacon, or chopped green onions for extra flavor.
- Stir in a tablespoon or two of sour cream or cream cheese for an ultra-creamy texture.
- Spice things up with a pinch of cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, or garlic powder.
- Make them extra-special with a drizzle of truffle oil or a dollop of caviar.
4. Sweet Potato Casserole
If regular white potatoes are a little too boring for you, try this delicious sweet potato casserole recipe.
It’s got all the flavors of a classic sweet potato casserole (marshmallows, brown sugar, cinnamon, etc.), but it’s also got a few fun twists.
- For one, the sweet potatoes are roasted instead of boiled, which gives them a deeper flavor.
- And secondly, the topping is a mixture of chopped pecans and crispy bacon bits – trust me, it’s amazing!
Here are a few ideas for how to jazz things up even further:
- Top with mini marshmallows instead of regular ones.
- Use maple syrup instead of brown sugar.
- Add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice along with the cinnamon.
- Swap out the pecans for walnuts or almonds.
5. Mexican Street Corn on the Cob (Elote)
If you like Mexican corn, you will LOVE this Mexican Street Corn on the Cob recipe!
It’s so easy to make and is always a hit at parties.
I like to make a big batch and then keep it in the fridge so we can have it throughout the week.
There are a few things you can do to jazz things up:
- Add some diced jalapeño for a little spice.
- Use cotija cheese instead of Parmesan for a richer flavor.
- Mix in a tablespoon or two of mayo for extra creaminess.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice before serving.
6. Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
Parmesan just makes everything better, don’t you agree?
These roasted green beans are no exception.
They’re crispy, salty, and oh-so-addictive.
And they come together in just minutes, making them the perfect side dish for a busy weeknight meal.
Here are a few ways to jazz things up:
- Add some spice with a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Make it cheesy with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella on top.
- Mix in some cooked bacon or pancetta for extra flavor.
- Stir in a handful of chopped sun-dried tomatoes for extra color and sweetness.
7. Oven Roasted Broccoli
Broccoli might have a bad rep, but this oven roasted broccoli recipe is sure to change your mind!
It’s crispy, salty, and slightly sweet – the perfect side dish to balance out a savory entrée.
And the best part?
This recipe is so easy to make.
Simply toss your broccoli in a few simple seasonings, then roast in the oven until crisp.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to jazz things up:
- Add some garlic for an extra- flavorful punch.
- Swap out the olive oil for coconut oil or avocado oil for a healthier option.
- Add some red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat.
- Top with shredded cheese or Parmesan for an extra- creamy touch.
8. Roasted Cabbage Steaks
How about a keto-friendly side dish for your pork chops?
Roasted cabbage steaks are a great option!
They’re low-carb, high in fiber, and full of nutrients.
And, they’re so easy to make.
Just slice a head of cabbage into 1-inch thick steaks, drizzle with olive oil and your favorite seasonings, and roast in the oven until tender.
Here are a few ways to jazz things up:
- Top with shredded cheese and/or crumbled bacon for extra flavor.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or lemon juice before serving.
- Mix in some cooked diced chicken or sausage for extra protein.
- Add a sprinkle of fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary.
9. Crispy Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic
Don’t get fooled by how healthy these are, because they are addicting!
Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these brussel sprouts are roasted to perfection and then drizzled with a balsamic glaze.
I like to top mine with some crumbled bacon or shredded Parmesan cheese, but they are delicious on their own as well.
Here are a few other ways you can jazz up this dish:
- Try using maple syrup or honey in place of the balsamic glaze for a different flavor.
- Add some spice with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Stir in some chopped nuts before roasting for an extra crunch.
10. Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
I’m sure you’ve tried (and loved) Shake ‘N Bake pork chops before, but have you ever tried them with roasted garlic butter parmesan potatoes?
If not, you’re in for a real treat!
These potatoes are so easy to make and they go perfectly with the crispy, juicy pork chops.
And if you’re looking for ways to jazz things up, here are a few ideas:
- Add some chopped bacon to the potatoes for extra flavor.
- Stir in some shredded cheddar cheese or top with Parmesan for a cheesy twist.
- Mix in some chopped green onions or diced red onion for a little bit of sweetness and crunch.
11. Baked Beans
If simplicity is what you’re after, look no further than a classic side of baked beans.
This dish is so easy to make, and it can easily be jazzed up with a few simple ingredients.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to make this dish even better:
- Add some diced onion and green pepper for extra flavor and crunch.
- Stir in a can of Rotel tomatoes for a little bit of spice.
- Mix in a cup of cooked rice or quinoa for extra heartiness.
- Make it smoky with the addition of smoked paprika or liquid smoke.
- Add a touch of sweetness with honey or brown sugar.
12. Pasta Salad
Pasta side dishes for pork chops can be hard to come by, but this pasta salad is the perfect option.
It’s light and fresh, but still filling and satisfying.
The best part is that it can be made ahead of time, so all you have to do is throw it together when you’re ready to eat.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to jazz up this dish:
- Add some diced avocado for a creamy touch.
- Throw in some chopped bacon or pancetta for extra flavor.
- Stir in a handful of frozen peas or corn for extra color and sweetness.
- Top with a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan or cheddar cheese.
What to Serve with Shake and Bake Pork Chops? (12 Sides)
- Rice Pilaf
- Roasted Vegetables
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Mexican Street Corn on the Cob (Elote)
- Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Crispy Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic
- Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
- Baked Beans
- Pasta Salad
- Pick any of the sides from this list to serve with your tasty pork chops.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!