Taleggio cheese is a delicious Italian cheese with a creamy, salty flavor.
It’s often used in pasta dishes and grilled cheese sandwiches, but there are so many other ways to enjoy this delicious treat.
In this article, we’ll take a look at 23 delicious taleggio cheese recipes that are sure to make your mouth water.
From appetizers and salads to main dishes and desserts, these recipes will give you plenty of inspiration for incorporating taleggio cheese into your cooking.
Taleggio Mac and Cheese Topped with Buttery Crackers
If you’re looking for a delicious and cheesy comfort food dish, try out this Taleggio Mac and Cheese Topped with Buttery Crackers.
This decadent dish is made with a creamy and rich cheese sauce, perfectly cooked Cellentani pasta, and buttery crackers.
The flavors of this dish are taken to the next level with the addition of lemon juice, mustard, and cracked black pepper.
Serve this as a side dish or as a main meal, and enjoy!
For a creative twist on this recipe, try adding some fresh herbs like chives or parsley, or even some cooked bacon.
You can also add some diced tomatoes or sautéed mushrooms for a more robust flavor.
Creamy Taleggio and Mushroom Pasta
I feel like mushrooms make anything taste better, and this Creamy Taleggio and Mushroom Pasta is no different!
Taleggio cheese has a mild, buttery, fruity flavor that pairs perfectly with the earthy, savory, nutty flavor of crimini and shiitake mushrooms.
This recipe is a match made in heaven, and it’s ready in under 40 minutes!
If you’re looking for an easy way to make a delicious meal, this is it.
For a creative twist, try adding some extra vegetables like bell peppers, asparagus, or spinach.
You could also top it with some toasted pine nuts or roasted cherry tomatoes for added flavor.
This recipe reminds me of comfort food with a sophisticated twist.
The creamy, pungent Taleggio cheese pairs so well with the warm mushrooms and pappardelle pasta.
This dish is simple yet decadent and will be a hit at any dinner gathering.
Plus, you can get creative with the ingredients and switch out the Taleggio for brie for a milder flavor.
Here are some tips for taking this dish up a notch:
- Try adding some fresh garlic for more flavor
- Add some roasted tomatoes for a pop of color
- Sub out the mushrooms for asparagus for a seasonal twist
- Serve with a side of roasted Brussels sprouts for a complete meal
Taleggio cheese sauce
It’s always nice to have a delicious sauce to jazz up your favorite dishes.
This Taleggio cheese sauce is a perfect example.
The combination of thickened cream and Taleggio cheese, along with a pinch of black pepper, creates a delicious and creamy sauce that will elevate any meal.
Here are some tips to make this sauce even better:
- Use freshly grated black pepper for a more intense flavor.
- For a smoother texture, blend the Taleggio cheese with the cream in a blender.
- For a richer flavor, add a splash of white wine.
- To make this sauce even more cheesy, add some grated Parmesan.
Once lunchtime rolls around, you’ll be glad you tried this delicious Taleggio Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Red Pepper Flakes and Honey.
This recipe is the perfect combination of tangy Taleggio cheese, sharp and salty Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, a sprinkle of spicy red pepper flakes, and a drizzle of honey, all sandwiched between two slices of buttered artisanal sourdough bread.
Make sure you toast the bread using a hot cast-iron skillet to get the perfect crunch.
Here are some tips to take this grilled cheese up a notch:
- Add some crunch with a few slices of cooked bacon
- Spread some pesto or aioli on the bread before adding the cheese and other ingredients
- Top with some freshly chopped herbs like parsley, chives, or basil
- Serve with a light side salad for a balanced meal
This Charred Broccoli with Taleggio Cheese Sauce and Gremolata is the perfect way to upgrade the classic combination of broccoli and cheese.
With the addition of extra-virgin olive oil, fresh parsley, jalapeño, garlic, and lemon zest, this dish is full of flavor and texture.
And the best part is that you can make it with just a few simple ingredients!
Here are a few tips to take this dish up a notch:
- Use high-quality Taleggio cheese for the cheese sauce.
- Char the broccoli until it’s slightly crisp on the outside but still slightly tender on the inside.
- Make sure to season the broccoli with plenty of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish the dish with a sprinkle of lemon zest and freshly chopped parsley for a pop of color and flavor.
- Drizzle a little extra olive oil over the top for a finishing touch.
Pasta with Taleggio cheese
If you’re a pasta lover like me, you’ll love this simple yet delicious dish featuring Taleggio cheese.
It’s easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, and the result is an incredibly flavorful and hearty dish.
Plus, the addition of grilled beefsteak tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and freshly ground black pepper makes it an even more special meal.
To make this dish even more delicious, here are some tips:
- Add some freshly chopped herbs, like parsley or basil, to the pasta.
- Replace the bay leaves with some fresh thyme for extra flavor.
- Use good quality olive oil for maximum flavor.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- To make the dish even heartier, add some cooked chicken or shrimp.
Who can say no to the ultimate comfort food?
Try this delectable Pear, Taleggio Cheese, and Speck Gratin!
- Start by prepping the pears by cleaning them and slicing them into wedges.
- Arrange them in a small, deep baking dish.
- Then, prepare the bechamel sauce and spread it over the pears.
- Top with slices of speck, grated Grana Padano cheese, and walnuts.
- Finally, sprinkle with pepper and bake in the oven.
In just 30 minutes, you will have a delicious, comforting dish that will be a hit with everyone.
Here are a few tips to take it to the next level:
- Add a pinch of nutmeg to the bechamel sauce for a hint of spiciness
- Sprinkle a bit of breadcrumb and butter on top before baking for a crunchy texture
- Serve it with a side of fresh salad for a balanced meal
- Drizzle with a bit of honey for a hint of sweetness
Although it’s simple to make, no traditional Italian feast is complete without this classic side dish.
Baked sweet potato with Taleggio cheese from Lombardy is a delicious and comforting combination of sweet and savory flavors.
To make this dish, start with three sweet potatoes, olive oil, butter, onion, garlic, thyme, egg, and nutmeg.
The final touch is Taleggio cheese to top it off.
Here are some tips to make this dish even more delicious:
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before baking
- Add a pinch of chili flakes to the butter mixture for a kick
- Sprinkle the top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish with a few thyme sprigs before serving.
Ricotta-Taleggio Ravioli with Wild Mushroom Sauce
You know what they say: “when in doubt, get ravioli!”
This Ricotta-Taleggio Ravioli with Wild Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food Network is the perfect way to satisfy your craving for something Italian.
The combination of creamy ricotta, salty Taleggio, and savory wild mushrooms is sure to have your mouth watering!
To make sure you get the most out of this dish, here are a few tips:
- Use high-quality ingredients – the fresher the better!
- Take the time to properly sauté your mushrooms, and add a bit of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for an extra layer of flavor.
- Don’t forget the fresh chives and parsley for garnish.
- And for an extra special touch, top with some crushed pancetta for a salty crunch.
Jersey Royal & taleggio tart from Jamie Oliver
This tart is so pretty and special, it’s sure to have everyone at the table impressed!
Ready-rolled puff pastry makes this tart a breeze to make, and the combination of Jersey Royal potatoes, sweet onions, and the fruity tang of taleggio cheese will make this dish a memorable springtime lunch or dinner.
Serve with freshly steamed greens or a crisp salad for a complete meal.
Here are a few tips for taking this tart up a notch:
- For an extra kick of flavor, add a pinch of chili flakes to the tart filling.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some chopped bacon or a handful of sundried tomatoes to the filling.
- For a special finish, top the tart with some chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme.
Asparagus Arancini Stuffed With Creamy Taleggio Cheese
These little balls of goodness are sure to be a hit!
Asparagus Arancini Stuffed With Creamy Taleggio Cheese is a delicious, one-of-a-kind dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
It’s made with a combination of asparagus, basil, onion, eggs, vegetable or light chicken broth, Arborio rice, all-purpose flour, salt and pepper, oil, olive oil, breadcrumbs, butter, Parmesan cheese, and Taleggio.
Not only is this dish flavorful and comforting, but it also comes together in just 1.5 hours.
To take this dish up a notch, here are some tips:
- Add roasted garlic to the rice mixture for an extra garlic flavor.
- Try adding a variety of herbs, such as thyme and rosemary, for a unique flavor.
- Add a splash of white wine to the rice mixture for an extra layer of flavor.
- Sprinkle some fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top of the arancini for a delicious garnish.
- For a more vibrant presentation, garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Cheesy Cauliflower Steak with Pine Nuts
If you’re not into the vegetarian lifestyle but are looking for a delicious and healthy meal to try, this Cheesy Cauliflower Steak with Pine Nuts is an excellent option.
Packed with flavor, this roasted cauliflower steak is topped with a melty and delicious combination of taleggio and cheddar cheese.
Topped with pine nuts and served with thyme sprigs, this steak is sure to be a hit at your next meal.
Tips for taking it up a notch:
- Add some extra flavor by spicing up the crème fraiche with garlic, herbs, and spices
- Toast the pine nuts for a nuttier flavor
- Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the steak before baking
Just because something is simple to make doesn’t mean it can’t be flavorful and comforting.
This vegetarian mushroom risotto is proof of that!
Made with oozy taleggio cheese and fresh thyme, this 30-minute meal is sure to hit the spot.
With a few simple tips and tricks, you can take this dish up a notch and make it even more delicious.
Here are some ideas:
- Add some garlic and chilli flakes to the onion while sautéing to give the dish more flavor.
- Use vegetable broth instead of water when cooking the risotto to give it a richer taste.
- Toast some pine nuts in a pan, and sprinkle them on top of the risotto for a crunchy finish.
- Add some freshly grated Parmesan to the risotto for a cheesy boost.
Gnocchi with speck, walnuts, and taleggio cheese sauce
Any true cheese lover will tell you that the combination of gnocchi, speck, and walnuts topped with a creamy taleggio cheese sauce is a winning combination.
This dish is a great way to impress your family and friends, as it’s sure to be a hit.
Plus, you can make it in just 70 minutes!
Here are a few tips to take this dish to the next level:
- Roast the walnuts before adding them to the dish for a more intense flavor.
- Add a bit of garlic to the taleggio cheese sauce for an extra punch of flavor.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some fresh herbs like basil or thyme to the sauce.
- Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top to add a bit of a cheesy kick.
This recipe requires a bit more time and effort than a classic pizza, but the delicious combination of salty anchovies, creamy taleggio cheese, and wilted spinach makes it worth it.
Try adding chili oil and a free-range egg to enhance the flavor and texture of this pizza.
Here are some tips for taking this dish up a notch:
- Add a drizzle of garlic and chili oil to the toppings for a bit of heat
- Substitute the anchovies for sun-dried tomatoes for a sweet and salty zing
- Use a combination of mozzarella and taleggio cheese to create a creamy and flavorful topping
- Try adding some freshly grated parmesan cheese for a nutty and salty flavor
- For an extra flavorful salad, mix together olive oil, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, chicory, and lemon zest.
Risotto with Taleggio Cheese and Bacon
Once you try this risotto, you’ll never go back!
This dish is packed full of flavor, thanks to the Taleggio cheese, smoky bacon, and fragrant onion.
The Arborio rice and beef broth offer the perfect texture, while the parmesan cheese and chives give it a delicious finishing touch.
To make this risotto even better, try these tips:
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
- Add a splash of white wine for an extra rich taste.
- Top it off with some freshly chopped chives for a pop of color.
- For an extra smoky flavor, use smoked bacon instead of regular bacon.
Who doesn’t like a big, juicy burger?
And when you add in the flavors of garlic, rosemary, and the umami-rich Worcestershire sauce, these burgers are sure to be a hit.
Here are a few tips to take it up a notch:
- Use fresh rosemary and garlic for maximum flavor.
- Add a few chopped olives to the mix for an extra salty kick.
- Swap out the Taleggio cheese for Gorgonzola for a creamier sauce.
- Toast the buns for an extra crunch.
I can already smell the delicious aromas of this Potato, Taleggio & Spinach Tart!
This savory tart is the perfect dish for a large gathering, as it reheats so well and you can prepare it earlier in the day.
The combination of potatoes, spinach, taleggio cheese, and rosemary creates a rich and flavorful dish that will make your guests come back for more.
Here are a few tips to take this dish up a notch:
- Add some crunch with toasted pine nuts
- Drizzle some truffle oil over the tart
- Serve with a side of sautéed mushrooms
- Sprinkle a handful of fresh herbs over the top before serving.
Country-Style Omelet with Taleggio Cheese
Why not try something different for dinner tonight?
This Country-Style Omelet with Taleggio Cheese is a great way to feed a hungry family with minimal effort.
It’s packed with flavor thanks to the roasted pepper, onion, and creamy Taleggio cheese.
Plus, it’s easy to make and reheats really well, so you can bake it earlier in the day.
Here are some suggestions for taking this dish up a notch:
- Add some diced ham for extra protein
- Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top
- Serve it with a side of steamed vegetables
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top before serving
Potato Gnocchi with Taleggio Sauce
Filling, creamy, and delicious, this Potato Gnocchi with Taleggio Sauce is the ultimate comfort food.
Combining fluffy potato gnocchi with a rich, creamy Taleggio sauce, this Northern Italian dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
To make this recipe even more scrumptious, consider adding some walnuts for a nutty crunch.
Here are some tips to take your Potato Gnocchi with Taleggio Sauce to the next level:
- Use high-quality potatoes for the best results
- Be sure to season the gnocchi with salt and pepper
- Use good quality Taleggio cheese for the sauce
- Toast the walnuts in a pan before adding them
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a flavorful finish
Taleggio Cheese Toastie with Mushroom
When you’re not in the mood for a sandwich, this easy-to-make Taleggio cheese toastie with mushroom is a great way to enjoy a delicious meal.
- Start by softening the butter and dicing the shallot and garlic.
- In a large pan, sauté the mushrooms with the thyme leaves, red wine and breadcrumbs.
- Next, spread the slices of Taleggio cheese on the white bread, and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Toast in the oven until the cheese melts and the bread is golden and crisp.
- Serve with dressed rocket leaves or watercress leaves for a complete meal.
To take this dish up a notch, try adding some freshly-ground pepper for extra flavor, or some freshly chopped herbs such as parsley or rosemary for extra color and texture.
You could also experiment with different types of cheese and mushrooms to mix things up.
Salmon Pasta With Taleggio
I don’t eat enough salmon, but when I do, I’m always looking for something special.
This Salmon Pasta With Taleggio is a delicious combination of flavors and textures that will leave your taste buds in awe!
With creamy Taleggio cheese, salty olives and a hint of garlic, this dish is sure to satisfy.
Plus, the addition of white wine and lime juice creates a light and flavorful sauce that pairs perfectly with the salmon and cavatappi pasta.
Here are a few tips to take this dish up a notch:
- Add some chili flakes for a bit of a kick!
- Throw in some cherry tomatoes for a pop of color and brightness.
- For a smoky flavor, add some chopped bacon.
- Substitute the cavatappi with your favorite type of pasta.
- Use freshly chopped herbs for an added burst of flavor.
23 Ways To Cook With Taleggio Cheese
- Taleggio Mac and Cheese Topped with Buttery Crackers
- Creamy Taleggio and Mushroom Pasta
- Mushroom Pappardelle with Taleggio Cheese
- Taleggio cheese sauce
- Taleggio Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Red Pepper Flakes and Honey
- Charred Broccoli With Taleggio Cheese Sauce and Gremolata Recipe
- Pasta with Taleggio cheese
- Pear, Taleggio Cheese and Speck Gratin
- Baked sweet potato with Taleggio
- Ricotta-Taleggio Ravioli with Wild Mushroom Sauce
- Jersey Royal & taleggio tart from Jamie Oliver
- Asparagus Arancini Stuffed With Creamy Taleggio Cheese
- Cheesy Cauliflower Steak with Pine Nuts
- Mushroom risotto
- Gnocchi with speck, walnuts, and taleggio cheese sauce
- Spinach and taleggio pizza recipe
- Risotto with Taleggio Cheese and Bacon
- Garlic-Rosemary Burgers with Taleggio Sauce
- Potato, Taleggio & spinach tart
- Country-Style Omelet with Taleggio Cheese
- Potato Gnocchi with Taleggio Sauce
- Taleggio cheese toastie with mushroom
- Salmon Pasta With Taleggio
- Pick your favorite recipe from this list to serve for dinner tonight.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!