There are some dishes that just go together perfectly.
Peanut butter and jelly, ham and cheese, fries and ketchup… the list goes on and on.
But what about when you want to switch up your usual culinary combinations?
That’s where bechamel sauce comes in.
This classic white sauce is insanely versatile, and can be used in all sorts of different dishes.
Whether you’re looking for a new way to enjoy pasta or you want to experiment with some new flavor combinations, I’ve got you covered.
In this article, I’ll go over 8 different dishes that go great with bechamel sauce!
8 Dishes that Go Great with Bechamel Sauce
Bechamel sauce is one of those classic French sauces that just about everyone loves.
It’s creamy, buttery, and downright delicious, which makes it the perfect partner for a variety of dishes.
Whether you’re looking for something to serve with your pasta or chicken, or you’re in the mood for something a little more comforting, bechamel sauce is definitely up for the task!
Here are 8 dishes that go great with bechamel sauce:
There are few things more delicious than a grilled cheese sandwich.
The combination of melted cheese and crispy bread is absolutely irresistible.
And when you add a creamy bechamel sauce to the mix, it’s even better.
Bechamel sauce is the perfect complement to a grilled cheese sandwich.
The rich, creamy flavor pairs perfectly with the melty cheese and crispy bread.
Plus, it’s super easy to make.
Simply heat some milk in a saucepan, whisk in some flour and butter, and you’re done.
Here are a few tips for using bechamel sauce with your grilled cheese sandwich:
- Try using different types of cheese for your sandwich. Gruyere, cheddar, and mozzarella all work well with bechamel sauce.
- If you want a truly decadent grilled cheese, add some bacon or ham to the mix.
- For an extra cheesy grilled cheese, spread some bechamel sauce on the inside of the bread before adding the cheese.
- For a fun twist on the classic grilled cheese, replace the bread with waffles or pancakes.
No matter how you enjoy it, there’s no doubt that a grilled cheese sandwich is even better with bechamel sauce.
Lasagna is a classic dish that is delicious on its own, but it can be even better when paired with bechamel sauce.
It adds a rich flavor to lasagna.
To use bechamel sauce in lasagna, simply spread it over the noodles before adding the other ingredients.
You can also use it in place of tomato sauce, or you can combine it with tomato sauce for a truly unique flavor.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to spruce up your weeknight dinners, look no further than ravioli with bechamel sauce.
This classic Italian dish is a cinch to make, and it’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Best of all, it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
To make this dish, simply start by boiling your ravioli according to the package directions. While the ravioli are cooking, prepare the bechamel sauce.
Once both components are finished, simply combine them and serve.
If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can top the dish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese or a handful of fresh herbs.
So next time you’re looking for an easy yet impressive meal, give ravioli with bechamel sauce a try.
Trust me, you won’t be disappointed. Buon appetito!
Cannelloni are Italian tube-shaped pasta that are typically stuffed with meat or cheese.
When paired together, bechamel sauce and cannelloni make a delicious and comforting meal.
The rich sauce complements the creamy filling perfectly, and the dish can be easily customized to suit your taste.
Another one of the best ways to enjoy bechamel is to pair it with manicotti.
Manicotti is a type of Italian pasta that is made from tubular-shaped sheets of dough.
The dough is then stuffed with a variety of fillings, such as cheeses, meats, and vegetables.
Once it is stuffed, the manicotti is baked in a tomato or cream-based sauce.
Bechamel pairs perfectly with both types of sauces, complementing the flavors without overpowering them.
Manicotti is also a versatile dish, so feel free to get creative with your fillings.
If you’re looking for a truly classic experience, try pairing bechamel with ricotta and spinach stuffed manicotti.
However, if you’re in the mood for something a little different, go ahead and experiment with other ingredients.
Just remember to enjoy your creation with a nice glass of wine.
There are few dishes more classic than mac and cheese.
Creamy and comforting, it’s the perfect comfort food.
But why not take it to the next level by pairing it with bechamel sauce?
When paired with mac and cheese, it creates a rich and decadent dish that is sure to please.
Here are some tips for using bechamel sauce with mac and cheese:
- Try using a higher quality cheese for your mac and cheese. A sharp cheddar or Gruyere will add a nice flavor to the dish.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of pasta.Shells, elbows, or even Cavatappi all work well with bechamel sauce.
- If you’re feeling extra indulgent, top your mac and cheese with some chopped bacon or crumbled sausage.
- For a lighter version of this dish, substitute skim milk for whole milk in the bechamel sauce.
Bechamel sauce is a delicious, creamy option for flavoring your food.
And while it goes well with many different dishes, I think there’s one that stands out above the rest: burgers with bacon.
The savory flavor of bacon pairs perfectly with the richness of bechamel, making for a heavenly bite.
Plus, who doesn’t love a good burger?
If you’re looking to take your burgers to the next level, here are some recipes to try:
- Burger with Bacon and Blue Cheese: Adding blue cheese to your burger will give it an extra depth of flavor that takes it over the top. Be sure to crumble the cheese so that it melts evenly over the burger.
- Bacon Swiss Mushroom Burger: If you’re looking for a mushroom burger that’s packed with flavor, this is the one for you! Thick slices of bacon and Swiss cheese top off a juicy patty, making it irresistible.
- Bacon Cheddar Turkey Burger: For a leaner option, try a turkey burger topped with bacon and cheddar cheese. The flavors will all meld together beautifully, and you’ll love every bite.
If you’re looking for a dish that will truly make your taste buds sing, then you can’t go wrong with a quesadilla paired with bechamel sauce.
The complex flavors of the sauce complement the cheesy, savory goodness of the quesadilla perfectly, and the two together are sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
Here are a few tips for how to use these two ingredients to create a flavor sensation:
- When preparing your bechamel sauce, be sure to add in some extra spices such as cumin or chili powder. This will give the sauce a little extra zing that pairs nicely with the rich flavors of the quesadilla.
- Feel free to get creative with your fillings! While chicken is always a delicious option, other meats like pork or beef can also be used. Vegetarian options like beans or sweet potatoes would also work well in this dish.
- If you want to really take things up a notch, try using different types of cheese in your quesadilla. A mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack is always nice, but you could also experiment with pepper Jack or even goat cheese.
- Bechamel sauce can be served warm or cold, so feel free to experiment until you find the perfect temperature for your quesadilla.
8 Dishes that Go Great with Bechamel Sauce
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Mac and Cheese
- A Burger with Bacon
- Quesadilla with Chicken
- Pick a recipe from this list to pair with your delicious sauce.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!