Who doesn’t love manouri cheese?
It’s creamy, slightly salty, and so versatile!
In this article, we’ll explore 13 irresistible manouri cheese recipes that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
From savory dips to cheesy pizza, there’s something for everyone.
So grab your apron, preheat your oven, and get ready to enjoy these delicious dishes!
Grilled Manouri Cheese with Honey and Sesame
Simple, yet delicious – that’s how I would describe this grilled Manouri cheese with honey and sesame recipe.
This Greek dish is extremely versatile and can be served as part of a meze table, as a snack, or as a light lunch.
All you need is Manouri cheese, olive oil, honey, salt, and toasted sesame seeds.
The flavors will melt in your mouth and the texture is simply divine.
If you want to mix things up, here are a few ideas:
- Use a combination of different cheeses
- Add some herbs like thyme or oregano
- Top the cheese with nuts or dried fruits
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar for an extra zing
Courgette galette with manouri cheese and chili-honey dressing
This recipe requires a bit more time to prepare, but the end result is worth it.
Josh Katz’s courgette galette with Greek manouri cheese is a perfect summer dish for a special occasion.
The combination of the all-butter puff pastry, courgette, manouri cheese, mascarpone, and a chili-honey dressing, makes for a unique and delicious meal.
To make this recipe even more special, you can:
- Drizzle some balsamic glaze over the galette
- Add some fresh herbs to the galette
- Top with toasted pine nuts for a crunchy texture
- Swap the chili for a different type of pepper
- Add some feta cheese for extra flavor
- Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper over the galette.
Vegetable Salad with Grilled Manouri Cheese
It’s always nice to have a salad on the dinner table, and this vegetable salad with grilled manouri cheese is the perfect way to bring a little extra flavor and nutrition to your meal.
This recipe is packed with fresh vegetables like carrots and zucchini, with a tahini, honey, and balsamic vinegar dressing for a savory and sweet flavor.
To top it off, grilled manouri cheese adds a delicious creamy texture.
For an extra twist, try adding different herbs, nuts, or fruits to the salad.
Here are some creative ideas for you to try:
- Use feta cheese instead of manouri
- Add roasted almonds or walnuts
- Include pomegranate seeds for a pop of color
- Sprinkle on some oregano or thyme
- Drizzle with a honey-mustard dressing
Sesame-Coated Manouri Cheese Sticks
My mind starts racing at the thought of these delicious Sesame Coated Manouri Cheese Sticks.
The buttery and creamy texture of the cheese contrasts perfectly with the crispy sesame coating, making for a truly unique treat.
If you’re looking for a tasty appetizer or snack, look no further than this recipe.
It’s simple to make and you can easily adjust the amount of seasoning to your taste.
For a delicious twist, try serving these cheese sticks with a savory dip or drizzled with Odysea Wild Thyme & Herb Honey.
- Add some chopped herbs such as thyme or oregano to the sesame coating for an extra flavor boost.
- Use almond flour instead of all-purpose flour for a gluten-free option.
- Experiment with different types of sesame seeds such as white, black, and even toasted.
- For a bit of heat, add some chili flakes to the coating mix.
- Serve with a homemade yogurt dip.
Grilled Mushrooms with Manouri Cheese
Just imagine how delicious this easy-to-make recipe can be!
Grilled mushrooms with Manouri cheese make for a wonderful light lunch or supper.
This recipe is a great way to enjoy the unique taste of Manouri Cheese, and the combination of mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and fresh parsley is simply irresistible!
If you want to change up the recipe, you can try adding a sprinkle of lemon juice, a pinch of chili flakes, or a teaspoon of honey.
You can also use your favorite type of mushroom or mix different varieties. With a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal.
- Add a sprinkle of lemon juice
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Teaspoon of honey
- Use your favorite type of mushroom
- Mix different varieties of mushrooms
Baked Manouri Cheese with Herbs
This recipe is nothing fancy (just Manouri cheese, olive oil, and herbs), but it’s sure to make a big impression at your winter gathering!
And the best part is, it’s incredibly easy to prepare.
- Simply slice the Manouri cheese, brush it with flavorful olive oil, and sprinkle it with your favorite herbs.
- Then, bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Your guests will be wowed by the delicious flavor and texture of this dish.
For an extra creative twist, you can:
- Add a few drops of honey for a subtle sweetness
- Add some sliced almonds and/or sun-dried tomatoes for a crunchy, savory mix
- Replace the herbs with crushed garlic for a garlicky kick
- Top the cheese with a few dollops of pesto for a pop of color and flavor
These little Greek pies, Tyropitakia, are the perfect snack to enjoy with drinks.
Stuffed with chopped olives, feta cheese, and manouri cheese, the pies are a delicious combination of salty and tangy flavors.
The filling is held together with a light and flaky pastry made with Greek yogurt, olive oil, and other simple ingredients.
To bake them, keep them uncooked in the freezer, ready to go when needed.
- Add some grated nutmeg, thyme leaves, and black pepper to the filling
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on the pastry before baking
- Try adding some other chopped herbs to the filling
- Experiment with different types of cheese in the filling
- Add some lemon or orange zest to the pastry for a citrusy twist
Grilled Manouri with Figs
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy appetizer, you’ve got to try this Grilled Manouri with Figs.
This mouth-watering appetizer combines the cheese with sweet figs and toasted pine nuts, finished off with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
It’s perfect for a summer BBQ, or any time you want to treat your guests to something special.
Here are some creative twists you can make to this recipe:
- Substitute peaches for the figs
- Add a sprinkle of fresh rosemary
- Use honey in place of the balsamic reduction
- Serve with a side of homemade pesto
Manouri Cheese Balls
There are so many options when it comes to creating a stunning cheese tray.
Manouri cheese balls are a great way to elevate the selection.
This recipe is an easy one to make with only a few ingredients, including Manouri cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon, honey, thyme, salt and pepper, and chopped pistachios.
It’s a lovely combination of creamy cheese, sweet honey, and crunchy pistachios.
With this recipe, you can create an impressive cheese platter in minutes.
To take this recipe up a notch, try these ideas:
- Swap out the pistachios for another nut or seed
- Use a combination of herbs like basil and oregano
- Add a pinch of smoked paprika for a bit of heat
- Drizzle some extra honey over the top for a sweet finish
Pan Fried Manouri Cheese with Sherried Honey Syrup
Don’t miss out on this delicious Pan Fried Manouri Cheese with Sherried Honey Syrup!
It’s a unique combination of salty, sweet, and rich flavors that will have your guests coming back for more.
Fry up manouri cheese rectangles in a mixture of canola oil, bee pollen, and sea salt flakes for a crispy outside and creamy inside.
Then drizzle it with a sweet and tangy honey and sherry vinegar syrup for an extra special treat.
To take this recipe to the next level:
- Add some lemon zest to the honey syrup for a citrusy twist.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt for a cooling contrast.
- Top with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts or almonds for added crunch.
Salad With Manouri Cheese, Mandarin, Pistachios, and Pomegranate Seeds
Who doesn’t love a delicious and nutritious salad?
This one is a must-try!
This salad is the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of Greece.
It contains Manouri cheese, a semi-soft, buttery cheese that’s a by-product of Feta production.
It’s combined with mandarin segments, pomegranate seeds, and roasted pistachios, and dressed with a mixture of shallots, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, lemon, orange, and grapefruit juices, and extra virgin olive oil.
It’s a unique combination that’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
If you want to take this salad up a notch, here are a few tips and suggestions:
- Add grilled chicken or salmon for a heartier meal
- Top with crumbled feta cheese for a salty kick
- Swap out the greens for cooked quinoa, couscous, or bulgur wheat
- Substitute the Manouri cheese with Halloumi or Ricotta Salata
- Toss with a balsamic vinaigrette instead of the dressing above
Baby Arugula Salad, Kiwi, Hazelnuts, Manouri Cheese
Yep, but this one is unique and tasty!
This Baby Arugula Salad is a great way to add some Greek flair to your meal.
It’s packed with baby arugula, kiwi fruit, hazelnuts, and manouri cheese, plus a three-citrus dressing.
Manouri cheese is a semi-soft, buttery cheese that is a by-product of Feta production, and kiwi fruit is actually grown in northern Greece.
Combining these unique flavors with a zesty dressing will leave your guests wanting more.
Here are a few ways to take this recipe up a notch:
- Substitute the Manouri cheese with Feta or Goat Cheese
- Add a drizzle of honey to the dressing
- Top with pomegranate or figs
- Sprinkle some fresh herbs on top
- Use a mix of greens such as spinach, kale, and baby arugula
Grilled Manouri Cheese with Caramelized Plums
Simple, yet delicious, this Grilled Manouri Cheese with Caramelized Plums recipe from Michael Psilakis is a great way to enjoy a classic Greek cheese.
Manouri cheese is a fresh, milky white cheese made from the whey that’s drained off during feta production.
To make this delicious dish even more special, caramelize the plums, add a splash of sherry vinegar and lemon juice, and top it off with some fresh arugula and basil.
To take this recipe up a notch:
- Use a mix of goat and sheep’s milk manouri cheese for a more complex flavor
- Substitute honey with agave nectar for a vegan-friendly option
- Use a pinch of nutmeg to enhance the flavor
- Drizzle some balsamic vinegar over the plums for a sweet and tangy flavor
13 Ways To Use Manouri Cheese
- Grilled Manouri Cheese with Honey and Sesame
- Courgette galette with manouri cheese and chilli-honey dressing
- Vegetable salad with grilled manouri cheese
- SESAME COATED MANOURI CHEESE STICKS
- GRILLED MUSHROOMS WITH MANOURI CHEESE
- Baked Manouri Cheese with Herbs
- Tyropitakia Recipe (Greek Feta and Manouri Cheese Pies)
- GRILLED MANOURI WITH FIGS
- Manouri Cheese Balls
- Pan Fried Manouri Cheese with Sherried Honey Syrup
- Salad With Manouri Cheese, Mandarin, Pistachios, Pomegranate Seeds
- Baby Arugula Salad, Kiwi, Hazelnuts, Manouri Cheese
- Grilled Manouri Cheese with Caramelized Plums
- Pick your favorite recipe from this list to serve for dinner tonight.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!