If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to add flavor to your favorite chicken and broccoli dish, then you’re in luck!
I’m here to share with you 13 unique and tasty sauces for chicken and broccoli that can be made at home without too much work.
From classic sauces like marinara and garlic butter to more exotic ones like peanut satay and curry, there’s something for everyone.
The Best Sauces for Chicken and Broccoli
Sure, broccoli and chicken is an easy dinner to whip up, but it can get a bit boring.
To keep your dinner routine exciting and flavorful, try one of these easy-to-make sauces to add some extra zing to your dish.
You see, the right chicken and broccoli sauce can make your meal truly stand out!
From creamy garlic-parmesan to a zesty honey-soy glaze, these sauces will take your dinner up a notch. So grab a wok and let’s check out these sauces!
1. Brown Sauce (My Favorite For Chicken Broccoli)
Adding a rich and tasty brown sauce to any dish can instantly elevate it.
The process of making the sauce may seem intimidating, but I promise it isn’t as difficult as you think.
This homemade brown sauce recipe doesn’t require many ingredients—just some fruits and veggies, herbs, spices, butter, and flour.
- Once everything is assembled on your countertop looking all pretty and ready to go, sauté the vegetables in clarified butter until they’re tender-crisp.
- Next, sprinkle in the flour before stirring in stock one ladle at-a-time until smooth then bring everything to a boil stirring constantly so that no lumps form.
- After straining out the vegetables (that’s what those bay leaves clippings are for!) add tomato puree for a slight acidic note just before serving!
An irresistibly flavorful gravy perfect for pot roasts, pan sauces, or roasted veggie dishes that will have everyone licking their plate clean!
2. Dill Sauce (Not Just For Seafood Recipes Anymore)
It’s amazing how a small handful of simple ingredients can combine to create something totally divine.
Case in point: this dill sauce.
It takes no time at all to prepare and the reward is well worth the effort.
This zesty dip has a nice thick texture, thanks to the sour cream and mustard, with just enough acidity from the lemon juice and spice from the fresh dill to make it really pop.
Make a double batch for larger gatherings or keep it in your refrigerator so you always have some on hand for quick meals like baked salmon or vegetables.
You won’t regret having this dill sauce around…it never lasts long!
3. Herb Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe
Tired of the same old meal every night?
This herb garlic butter sauce is here to save the day.
It’s a crowd-pleaser, and it takes only a few minutes to make.
Plus, you probably have all of the ingredients on hand already!
This sauce pairs perfectly with chicken and broccoli florets.
The garlicky flavor first hits your tongue, then gives way to a pleasant blend of herbs.
To jazz things up even more, consider tossing in some chopped nuts or tomato wedges for crunchy texture contrast: dinner just got better! Or how about chicken broth?
4. Lemon Butter Sauce Recipe
Lemon butter sauce is one of those sauces that belongs in your kitchen arsenal!
It’s a lifesaver when you need to quickly put together an impressive dinner.
Whether it’s seafood, fish, or broccoli chicken, lemon butter sauce will have your guests asking for seconds before they finish their first helping.
This sauce contains only seven ingredients and no artificial flavors.
The things that make this recipe special are the fresh herbs and shallots.
Plus, the combination of wine, lemon juice, and cayenne gives this simple dish a gourmet twist!
It suits all types of meal plans!
5. Garlic Sauce (Great For Chicken Recipes)
Garlic sauce is one of those condiments that you need in your fridge at all times.
It’s like ranch dressing, but way better.
This recipe couldn’t be simpler: just throw everything into a blender and combine until smooth. Et voilà – garlic heaven!
What makes this sauce so great is its versatility.
Slather it on sandwiches or use it as a dip for chips and veggies…the possibilities are endless!
You can also experiment with adding herbs, red pepper flakes, or other spices to give it an extra boost of flavor.
No matter how you serve it, this garlicky sauce will be the star of the show!
6. White Sauce (amazing with broccoli)
Ah, that famous white sauce.
It’s great for drenching drier dishes in deliciousness and making chicken more enjoyable.
- Let’s start by melting the butter in a pot over medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- Then add the flour and whisk continuously for around two minutes until it turns into a thickened paste (called a roux). It’s crucial to get your measurements right here – too much flour can make things gloopy, so measure precisely using the spoon-and-level method!
- Add the milk gradually while still whisking, reducing the temperature if necessary so as not to burn your sauce.
- Keep whisking until all of the milk is incorporated and you have a smooth texture.
- Let simmer for five minutes before adding nutmeg, salt, and pepper as desired—or hold off on salting if adding cheese later.
And there you go—smooth white sauce perfection!
Enjoy this mouthwateringly creamy topping with any savory dish your heart desires!
7. Oyster Sauce (Perfect For Healthy Meal Plans)
You’ve probably heard of oyster sauce before but never made it yourself.
Well, this recipe will change that!
Oyster sauce is the epitome of a salty-sweet Asian-style condiment.
But the added mushroom powder gives it an even more savory depth.
Tastewise, it’s like nothing else out there and really makes dishes pop with umami flavor—which you don’t get from soy sauce alone.
It doesn’t take long to make either:
- Mix cornstarch, coconut sugar, and some water until they form a paste.
- Add salt and soy sauce; stir in mushroom powder.
- Simmer until thickened; and voila!
Your own homemade oyster sauce.
Can you say yum?
This multipurpose condiment can top your favorite eats whether served hot or cold.
8. Cheese Sauce
It’s the ultimate comfort food for kids and adults alike.
No macaroni is complete without cheese, mashed potatoes need their cheesy double, and let’s not forget about nachos!
This three-ingredient recipe doesn’t take much time to prepare and you can easily customize it with different types of cheeses or even add spices that you love.
For an extra kick, this cheese sauce uses both cheddar and blue cheese that gives a rich flavor while using only half the fat compared to other versions.
All ready in just 15 minutes!
Mix all your ingredients together, melt over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened, then enjoy your amazing creamy homemade cheese sauce like never before!
A creamy and cheesy Alfredo sauce is the perfect addition to a variety of dishes, including chicken broccoli.
And while it might seem intimidating to make your own Alfredo sauce from scratch, I’m here to tell you that it’s incredibly easy—all you need are seven ingredients and about 15 minutes!
My favorite part about this recipe is that it takes no special equipment or fancy ingredients; everything you’ll need can be found in your pantry or fridge.
- Start by melting butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, cream, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to the pan.
- Keep stirring until everything is fully combined and simmer for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly.
Serve over chicken breast slices with steamed broccoli for an amazing weeknight meal!
10. Mushroom Sauce
This flavorful, creamy concoction of mushrooms, parmesan cheese, and hints of garlic and thyme will do wonders for anything you cook.
All it takes is a few simple ingredients (which you should already have in your kitchen) and voila — an incredible sauce ready to take center stage in any dish.
The combination of the butter with olive oil brings out the earthiness of mushrooms even further, while Lively white wine or rose adds depth and bite to the mix.
Add cream as well as stock ahead towards presenting a decadent finish that’s also light on pockets since this does not require costly ingredients.
Meanwhile, grated parmesan provides richness along with flavor – making Mushroom Sauce appropriate for exclusive dinners or plain weeknight suppers – like roasted veggies over pasta or topping steamed broccoli florets!
11. Tahini Sauce
This homemade tahini sauce is creamy, flavorful, and garlicky.
Plus, it comes together in only 15 minutes.
Even better, it pairs perfectly with grilled or roasted chicken.
It takes savory dishes from good to great!
This sauce starts with tahini as its base ingredient.
Tahini is a sesame paste that adds creaminess and subtle nutty notes to the dish.
Lemon juice brightens up the flavor while garlic amps it up a bit more.
The cumin gives an earthy undertone while the salt rounds out all of these flavors into one delicious concoction.
Is your mouth watering yet?
Finally, finish off this sauce with some ice water for extra creaminess and thinner consistency if needed.
Pour over any meat dish or serve on the side as a dip; either way, I can guarantee this tahini sauce will be gone before dinner is done!
12. Peanut Sauce
Hey, you peanut butter lovers!
If you’re looking for more ways to enjoy the nutty flavor of your favorite spread, then this peanut sauce is a must-try.
This sauce has an intense and complex flavor that takes ordinary dishes up a notch.
It’s savory with just the right amount of sweetness and a hint of heat from the sambal oelek (or chili paste / chilli powder).
The best part?
This recipe only calls for eight ingredients, so it’s super easy to make.
Plus, most of them are pantry essentials — like peanut butter and soy sauce — which I’m sure you already have in your kitchen.
It’s great on chicken but don’t be afraid to try it on other proteins too; like steak or tofu!
And if you’re feeling really adventurous, use it as a dip for vegetables or even fruit.
13. Yum Yum Sauce Recipe
This sauce is creamy and flavorful, with a hint of sweetness that pairs perfectly with savory foods like chicken.
The recipe is incredibly simple but loaded with delicious flavors.
Mayonnaise, tomato paste, garlic powder, and butter make up the base.
Paprika adds a smoky flavor while rice vinegar brings it all together.
And don’t forget the sugar—it contributes just enough sweetness to balance everything out without being too sweet or overpowering.
Just whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until they’re well combined then garnish it with salt and pepper before serving.
It can be used as a dip or dressing; simply add more water if you want to thin it out for drizzling over salads or other dishes!
- What Sauces Go with Chicken and Rice? (15 Best Sauces)
- 16 Best Sauces for Chicken Sandwiches
- 23 Easy Sauces for Grilled Chicken to Try Tonight
- What Sauce Goes with Chicken and Pasta? (16 Best Sauces)
- 13 Delicious Sauces for Chicken Stir Fry
- 31 Best Dipping Sauces for Chicken Nuggets
13 Sauces for Chicken and Broccoli You Must Try
- Brown Sauce
- Dill Sauce
- Herb Garlic Butter Sauce
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- Garlic Sauce
- White Sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Cheese Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- Mushroom Sauce
- Tahini Sauce
- Peanut Sauce
- Yum Yum Sauce
- Pick your favorite sauce from this collection to serve with your Chicken and Broccoli dish.
- Prepare all of the required ingredients.
- Enjoy your meal in no time!