Are you looking for ways to make your chicken stir fry taste even better?
Look no further!
I’m here to share 13 delicious sauces for chicken stir fry that will take your dish to the next level.
From classic Asian stir fry sauces to unique recipes, these sauces will give your stir fry the flavor it needs to make you go back for seconds.
Read Also: 10 BEST Seasonings for Stir Fry Chicken
With a variety of flavors like teriyaki, orange, and sesame, you’ll have plenty of options to experiment with.
Best Sauces for Chicken Stir Fry
Sure, stir fry is a delicious dish, but it’s the sauces that really make it shine.
Whether you’re a fan of bold, spicy flavors or prefer something more subtle and sweet, there’s a sauce below that will bring your Chicken Stir Fry to the next level.
When you combine all the ingredients for Thai sweet chili sauce, you get a beautiful balance of sweetness and heat.
This sticky-sweet condiment is perfect for stir fry dishes and spring rolls.
- To make it, start by combining the cayenne pepper, garlic paste and chilli paste in a pot over medium heat.
- Add soy sauce and salt to taste.
- Then mix corn flour with water until smooth before adding it to the pot along with sugar and vinegar.
- Cook on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until everything is combined and thickened into a syrup consistency – that’s your sweet chili sauce!
Use immediately or store in an airtight container up to one month in the fridge.
Incredibly simple, yet totally flavorful, this Japanese Steakhouse Ginger Sauce is the perfect complement to your stir fry dish.
Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make.
All you need are a few ingredients and some time to simmer on the stovetop.
Add in minced ginger or ginger paste (I prefer the latter), diced onion, soy sauce, lemon juice and white vinegar – whisk together until combined and let it simmer away until thickened.
Serve over steamed rice or mix into your stir fry for an extra kick!
Pro Tip: This sauce will keep in the fridge up to 4 days – just store in an airtight container and reheat when ready to use.
Not too spicy, not too sweet – this Asian-style lime infused spicy sauce is perfect for a flavorful stir fry.
- Start by heating a pan and adding garlic, green onion, and both chili peppers to the mix.
- Once everything is fragrant, add soy sauce, fish sauce, black pepper and white vinegar.
- Then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 5 minutes before stirring in some fresh lime juice.
This quick yet delicious sauce will take your stir fry to the next level with its bright flavor profile!
Known for its sweet and savory flavor, teriyaki sauce is a great way to add some excitement to your stir fry.
This homemade version takes the classic dish up a notch with the addition of crushed pineapple, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, green onions and ginger.
The result is an umami flavor that will make you want to top almost everything with it!
The best part?
It only takes minutes to whip up a batch of this delicious sauce.
Simply mix all ingredients together in a bowl or jar and whisk until combined.
Unique, flavorful and incredibly easy to make, this Hoisin Peanut Sauce is the perfect accompaniment for stir fry.
All you need to do is mince a clove of garlic, then mix it with 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon water.
It’s sweet, savory and just a little bit spicy – everything that your stir fry needs!
Pro Tip: For an extra kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or some sriracha.
How about some exotic flavors in your stir fry?
This mango barbecue sauce is sure to do the trick.
It’s sweet, tangy and slightly smoky- just like any great BBQ sauce should be.
All you need is a few pantry staples plus some fresh mango for this tasty dish.
Simply combine all of the ingredients together in a food processor or blender and voila!
The perfect sauce for your next stir fry night.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have fresh mango on hand, substitute it with 1/4 cup of canned mango puree instead.
When you mix all of these ingredients together, you get a delicious honey sriracha sauce.
It’s sweet, savory, and has just the right amount of heat.
It’s perfect for stir fry dishes because it coats the vegetables and meat in this amazing flavor combination.
Additionally, if you want to make it creamier, you can add some sesame oil or mayonnaise – which will also cool down any spice kick from the sriracha sauce.
Pro Tip: This sauce is best used when freshly made; so try not to make too much ahead of time!
This was my favorite sauce as a kid and it’s still one of my go-to favorites. It brings a sweet, tangy flavor to any stir fry.
- To make this sweet and sour sauce start by combining the brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce or tamari, water or pineapple juice, garlic (minced or powder), ginger (optional) in a medium sauce pan.
- Then bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Next add the cornstarch and whisk continuously while bringing it back up to a boil until it thickens – about 1-2 minutes.
Now you’re ready to drizzle this deliciousness over your next stir fry dish!
Different, but just as delicious as the traditional Chinese take-out sauce, Mongolian sauce is an easy homemade stir fry sauce that will make your dish shine.
To make it, simply whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, corn flour (cornstarch), water and Chinese rice wine (optional) until there are no lumps.
The result is a flavorful and slightly sweet but savory sauce that pairs especially well with chicken or beef stir fries.
Pro Tip: If you want to add heat to the sauce, feel free to add some chili flakes!
Garlicky, sweet, and salty – honey garlic sauce is the perfect addition to any stir-fry.
- To make it, simply mix together soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, minced garlic (separate out a teaspoon of minced garlic for later use), rice vinegar and water in a medium bowl until combined.
- Then add the cornstarch and whisk until dissolved.
- Heat oil in a small pan over low heat and add the remaining teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes before adding your sauce mixture.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer on low heat for 4-5 minutes or until desired thickness is reached.
- Drizzle over stir fry dishes for an unforgettable flavor!
11. Kung Pao Sauce
This fan-favorite Kung Pao sauce is a delicious combination of sweet, salty and spicy flavors.
- This easy-to-make recipe starts by sautéing garlic, then adding vegetable broth and tamari (or soy sauce).
- Then add in the cornstarch to help thicken the mixture – it’s important to dissolve it completely in water first.
- Finally, add in the rice vinegar and hoisin for an extra layer of flavor.
- Serve with your favorite stir fry or even over grilled vegetables.
Pro Tip: To make this dish vegan friendly, swap out the tamari for coconut aminos.
12. Orange Sauce
Sometimes the most simple ingredients can create the best flavors.
This orange sauce is a perfect example – it’s made with just 9 ingredients, but packs a delicious and sweet punch.
It is great for stir fry dishes, as well as glazing chicken or pork.
To make it, simply mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside until ready to use.
You can adjust the sweetness level by adjusting the amount of sugar used.
Pro Tip: If you want to get creative, add some fresh herbs like cilantro or basil for an extra flavor boost!
13. Szechuan Sauce
Treat yourself to a delicious, take-out quality dish with this amazing Szechuan Sauce.
It’s a combination of sweet and spicy that will have your taste buds begging for more.
- You can make the sauce in just minutes by combining all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over your stir fry and heat until bubbling before serving.
Pro Tip: If you want to amp up the heat, add an extra teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the mix!
13 Sauces for Chicken Stir Fry You Must Try
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- Japanese Steakhouse Ginger Sauce
- Asian-style Lime Infused Spicy Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Hoisin Peanut Sauce
- Mango Barbecue Sauce
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Sweet And Sour Sauce
- Mongolian Sauce
- Honey Garlic Sauce
- Kung Pao Sauce
- Orange Sauce
- Szechuan Sauce
- Choose your favorite sauce from this collection.
- Prepare all of the ingredients required.
- Make your sauce in just 10 minutes or less.