If you’re looking for some delicious and easy low carb steak dinner sides, look no further!
In this post, I will share with you 19 keto steak dinner sides that are sure to please.
From simple roasted veggies to a decadent creamy mashed potato recipe, you’re going to find something that you love.
And if you’re in a hurry, don’t worry – I’ve also included a few of my favorite recipes that are ready in under 30 minutes!
So, whether you’re looking for something quick and easy, or want to explore some new side dish recipes, I hope that this post is of help.
19 Keto Steak Dinner Sides
As a keto dieter, I’m always looking for new and inventive ways to make steak dinner sides.
Whether you’re looking for a side dish to pair with your next BBQ or just want something different than the norm, I’m sure you’ll find a recipe here that you’ll love!
Here are 19 of my favorite low-carb recipes that are perfect for any steak lover:
1. Low Carb Rutabaga Fries
We all know that French fries are a classic side dish to serve with a steak dinner.
But if you’re on a low carb diet, traditional potatoes are out of the question.
That’s where rutabaga comes in.
This hearty root vegetable can be cut into fry-shaped pieces and roasted in the oven until crispy.
Serve them alongside your steak and add a few other keto-friendly ingredients to the mix, such as grilled mushrooms, roasted Brussels sprouts, or a simple green salad.
2. Keto Creamed Spinach
Ah, spinach, the keto-dieter’s best friend.
This leafy green is low in carbs and high in fiber, making it the perfect base for a keto-friendly side dish.
- To make creamed spinach, simply sautee some chopped spinach in olive oil with garlic.
- Then, add in heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and you’re done.
- Serve this delicious side dish alongside a juicy steak and roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
3. Keto Mac and Cheese
Don’t tell me that you haven’t thought of some mac and cheese on the side of your steak!
This classic side dish is usually off-limits for those on a keto diet, but not anymore.
With a few simple swaps, you can enjoy all the cheesy goodness of this comfort food without the carbs.
- Start by swapping out the pasta for cauliflower florets.
- Then, use a combination of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese for the sauce. For an extra boost of flavor, add in some garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder.
- Lastly, top it off with some chopped green onions for a bit of color.
- Serve alongside your favorite steak recipe for a delicious and satisfying meal.
4. Keto Green Bean Casserole
This side dish should not come as a surprise to anyone who knows me.
I love my green bean casserole, and I am always looking for ways to make it healthier.
This version is keto-friendly and just as delicious as the original.
- To make it, start by sautéing some onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Then, add in a can of green beans and some chicken broth.
- Cook the mixture until the beans are tender.
- Next, stir in some shredded cheese and cream cheese to thicken it up.
- Finally, top with some fried onions for a crunchy topping.
Serve alongside your favorite steak recipe for a complete meal.
You could also add a side of roasted Brussels sprouts or mashed cauliflower to round out the meal.
5. Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
Who doesn’t like garlic and mushrooms together?
This dish is a fantastic keto-friendly side that will complement your steak dinner perfectly.
- To make it, simply saute some mushrooms in butter and garlic until they’re nice and tender.
- Then, add in some heavy cream and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and you’re done!
Serve this dish alongside your steak, and perhaps add a green vegetable like broccoli or Brussels sprouts to the mix.
6. Cheesy Keto Garlic Bread
Most people don’t think you can eat garlic bread on a keto diet, but that’s where they’re wrong!
This cheesy keto garlic bread is the perfect side dish to accompany a steak dinner. It’s low in carbs, high in fat, and packed with flavor.
Also, it’s easy to make and only takes a few minutes to cook.
- To make it, simply combine shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Spread the mixture on top of a slice of keto-friendly bread, and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with a steak and some roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
7. Keto Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
Asparagus is known for its crunch, and when you roast it, it gets even better.
This side dish is low in carbs but high in flavor, thanks to the garlic and cheese.
It’s the perfect accompaniment to a steak dinner, and it’s easy to make keto-friendly by using a hard cheese like Parmesan.
- To make this dish, start by trimming the asparagus and then tossing it with olive oil, garlic, and salt.
- Roast in a hot oven until crispy.
- Then, top with shredded Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
You can also add a squeeze of lemon juice before serving, if desired.
8. Cauliflower Mash
Instead of serving up regular mashed potatoes with your steak dinner, why not try something a little lighter and healthier?
Cauliflower mash is a great keto-friendly alternative that still has all the creaminess and flavor of traditional mashed potatoes.
- To make it, simply steam or boil some cauliflower florets until they’re nice and tender.
- Then, mash them up with some butter, cream, salt, and pepper to taste. You can also add in other keto-friendly ingredients like shredded cheese, green onions, or bacon bits.
- Serve alongside your steak dinner for a complete and satisfying meal.
9. Keto Onion Rings
These little bites are not only keto-friendly, but they’re also incredibly delicious.
And, they make the perfect side dish to accompany a steak dinner.
- To make them, start by slicing an onion into thin rings.
- Next, dip the rings into a mixture of beaten eggs and almond flour.
- Then, fry them in hot oil until they’re golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite steak recipe and add a few other keto-friendly sides to round out the meal.
For example, try serving a simple green salad or roasted Brussels sprouts.
10. Low-Carb Sausage Gravy
Here’s a unique addition to your steak dinner table: low-carb sausage gravy.
This dish is usually made with flour to thicken the gravy, but we’ve swapped it out for low-carbohydrate alternatives.
The result is a delicious, creamy gravy that’s perfect for pouring over your steak.
And since it’s keto-friendly, you can enjoy it without worry.
- To make this dish, start by cooking some sausage in a pan.
- Once it’s browned, add in some minced onion and garlic. Then, whisk in some chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Finally, add in some xanthan gum to thicken the gravy.
- Serve over your cooked steak, and enjoy!
11. Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad has been popular for quite some time now, and it’s easy to see why.
It’s a healthy, low-carbohydrate option that pairs well with a variety of main dishes.
Also, it’s super simple to make:
- Just start with a base of chopped broccoli, then add in some diced red onion, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- For the dressing, mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then give the salad a good toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
This salad is also delicious with grilled chicken or pork chops.
12. Cabbage Salad
Now, I know this side dish doesn’t sound super appetizing, but trust me, it’s worth trying out.
Made with shredded cabbage and diced onion, this keto-friendly salad is a great way to add some crunch and flavor to your steak dinner.
You can also add in any other ingredients that you’d like.
For example, you could add in chopped bacon or roasted chicken.
If you’re looking for something a little more substantial, try adding in some cooked ground beef or maybe even shrimp.
The possibilities are endless!
In addition to being delicious, this keto-friendly side dish is also very easy to make.
Just toss everything together and you’re good to go.
13. Low Carb Keto Coleslaw
Coleslaw is incredibly easy to make and it can be modified to make it keto-friendly.
For this version, I’m using low carb mayonnaise and avocado as the primary sources of fat.
I also added diced green onions for a bit of flavor and crunch.
If you want to make this dish even more keto-friendly, you can replace the sugar-free dressing with a keto-friendly version.
You could also try using bone broth (See Also: 9 Best Herbs and Spices for Bone Broth) or unsweetened coconut milk as your base dressing.
In addition, you can add in other healthy ingredients, such as shredded cabbage, diced radish, or diced celery.
This is a great side dish to serve with any steak dinner.
14. Zucchini Noodles With Garlic-Butter & Parmesan
Zoodles are becoming more and more popular as a keto-friendly side dish.
They’re made from zucchini noodles, which are cooked in a creamy sauce that is then topped with garlic-butter and Parmesan.
Not only are they delicious, but they’re also low in carbs and calories.
So whether you’re serving them as a side dish for your steak dinner or as part of a pasta dish, zoodles make an ideal choice.
You can add in any other ingredients that you like, such as mushrooms, chicken, or shrimp.
Just be sure to keep the carbs low so that you stay on track with your keto diet.
15. Keto Grilled Foil Packet Asparagus
Are you ready for something truly special?
Keto grilled foil packet asparagus.
Not only is this dish delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make.
All you need is some foil, some asparagus, and a little olive oil.
- Simply heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and then place the asparagus spears in the pan.
- Cook them until they’re slightly charred on the outside, but still firm and juicy inside.
- Serve them straight out of the skillet with your favorite keto steak sauce on top.
For an extra decadent treat, try serving them with a dollop of whipped cream or crumbled blue cheese.
You won’t be able to resist!
16. Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These round little Brussels sprouts are roasted in the oven until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
They make a delicious side dish that is keto-friendly, gluten-free, and low in calories.
When you roast them, you get that lovely smoky flavor that pairs beautifully with steak.
Add some diced onion and garlic to the mix, and you have a perfect side dish for any steak dinner!
17. Crispy Roasted Cauliflower with Cheese
How about some crunchy roasted cauliflower as a side dish for your steak dinner?
This keto-friendly dish is simple to make, and it’s packed full of flavor.
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, and toss them in a generous amount of coconut oil or ghee.
- Season them with salt and pepper, and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, until they’re golden brown and crispy.
- Once they’re done, remove them from the oven, and top them with shredded cheese. You can also add chopped onions or garlic to the mix for extra flavor.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
18. Healthy Keto Eggplant Parmesan
I’ve been loving eggplant lately and I wanted to create a keto-friendly side dish that would be perfect for a steak dinner.
This eggplant Parmesan is delicious and easy to make.
You’ll need some eggplant, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Then slice the eggplant into thin rounds.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggplant rounds, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
- Spread the mixture out on an baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
19. Keto Caprese Salad
Lastly, why not try a keto caprese salad?
This dish is perfect for a steak dinner.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also super easy to make.
All you need are some fresh ingredients and a simple dressing.
- First, combine diced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil in a bowl.
- Then, pour olive oil over the top and toss everything together until the cheese is melted and the salad is coated with olive oil.
- Finally, add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
You can also add other keto-friendly ingredients, such as roasted peppers or sliced mushrooms.
Just be sure to adjust the amounts of each ingredient based on how much you want to add.
What Side Dishes Can I Eat on Keto?
There are many delicious side dishes that you can eat on a keto diet. Some of my favorites include roasted vegetables, cauliflower rice, sauteed greens, and zucchini noodles. For a heartier side dish, you could also try making a keto-friendly casserole or quiche.
Is Steak Good for A Keto Diet?
Yes, steak is a good option for people following a keto diet. Steak is a good source of protein and fat, and it can help you meet your daily macros.
What Vegetable Is Good with Steak?
There are many vegetables that go well with steak. Some of the most popular include mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and potatoes. You can also pair steak with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini.
19 Easy Keto Steak Dinner Sides
- Low Carb Rutabaga Fries
- Keto Creamed Spinach
- Keto Mac and Cheese
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
- Cheesy Keto Garlic Bread
- Keto Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Cauliflower Mash
- Keto Onion Rings
- Low-Carb Sausage Gravy
- Broccoli Salad
- Cabbage Salad
- Low Carb Keto Coleslaw
- Zucchini Noodles With Garlic-Butter & Parmesan
- Keto Grilled Foil Packet Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Roasted Cauliflower with Cheese
- Healthy Keto Eggplant Parmesan
- Keto Caprese Salad
- Pick your favorite low-carb side dish recipe from this list to serve with your steak dinner.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.