BLT sandwiches are as classic as it gets.
You’ve almost certainly had one before, and if you haven’t, well—you’re missing out.
But what if I told you there was a way to make your BLT even better?
Now, we’re not talking about just any soup.
We’re talking about 13 soups that go well with BLT sandwiches because they can complete the sandwich or enhance its flavors in some way.
So, what soup goes with BLT sandwiches?
The best soup to serve with BLT sandwiches is tomato soup. The tangy, slightly acidic flavor of tomato soup complements the salty, savory quality of bacon and the bitterness of lettuce. It also serves as a nice contrast to the creaminess of mayo that tops the sandwich. Try adding some fresh basil or parsley for an extra punch of flavor.
Still looking for options?
Then keep scrolling!
See Also: 50 Best Soups with Turnips
13 Soups that Go Well with BLT Sandwiches
If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your BLT sandwich, why not try it with soup?
The combination is classic, but there are so many different ways to make it work.
Here are 13 soups that go well with BLT sandwiches:
1. Tomato Soup
Tomato soup is the perfect complement to a BLT sandwich.
See Also: 13 best tomatoes for making tomato soup
It’s light and refreshing, but also hearty enough to stand up to the crunch of lettuce and bacon in your sandwich.
The best part?
You can make it yourself!
Just follow these simple steps:
- Chop an onion into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper (to taste) to the pot and stir well to combine all ingredients together thoroughly; reduce heat to medium-low so that bubbles occasionally break through surface but do not boil over (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat when mixture thickens slightly (about 15 minutes).
French onion soup is one of those dishes that everyone loves but doesn’t know how to make at home—unless they’ve got a grandma who makes it all the time!
See Also: 17 Best Sandwiches for French Onion Soup
This classic soup has been around since forever and has been served at every bar and restaurant ever since.
Pairing it with a BLT sandwich is an easy way to elevate your meal and add some classiness to your lunchtime experience.
This classic soup has lots of protein from chicken broth which makes it an excellent choice for pairing with sandwiches like BLTs because it provides energy for your body as well as relief from hunger pains when paired together!
This soup is a classic, and it’s easy to make.
You just need:
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 leek, sliced thinly (both white and green parts)
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make this soup, start by sautéing the onion in butter for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Then add the garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Next, add the potatoes and leek, then cover with broth and simmer until tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor (you may need to do this in batches if your food processor isn’t big enough).
- Return to pot and reheat if needed before serving with a sprinkle of salt and pepper on top!
This one is perfect for when you want something creamy, but still light enough that you don’t feel weighed down after eating it (or too guilty about eating it!).
It has only about 300 calories per cup, so go ahead and treat yourself—you deserve it!
Lobster bisque is an amazing choice with your sandwich.
See Also: What Salad to Serve with Lobster Bisque? 8 Best Salads
It’s creamy, rich, and flavorful—and it pairs wonderfully with our sandwiches.
Here are a few tips for making the best lobster bisque:
- Use fresh ingredients. The fresher they are, the better the flavor will be. If you can’t find fresh lobster claws, use frozen lobster meat instead.
- Make sure to cook your soup until it’s thick enough to coat a spoon: this will ensure that your soup has a smooth texture without being too thin or watery.
- Be careful not to over-salt or oversweeten your bisque; if you do either one of these things, it will ruin the taste of the dish!
This creamy soup is a great way to add some extra flavor and texture to your sandwich.
The mushrooms are hearty and rich, while the cream adds a smooth richness that pairs fantastically with the crunchy bread in your sandwich.
You can also add some extra spices or herbs to give this recipe an extra kick, if you’d like.
We recommend adding salt and pepper for a bit of heat, or you could add some dill for a more earthy flavor profile.
This soup is the perfect accompaniment to your sandwich.
Cream of Celery Soup is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
You can also make it ahead of time, so it’s perfect for when you’re hosting a party or gathering all your friends together.
- To make this soup, simply begin by cooking celery, onion and garlic in butter or oil until they are soft.
- Add flour and stir until it has thickened into a roux.
- Add salt, pepper, milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the flavors combine.
This soup is another perfect accompaniment to your sandwich. It’s healthy, it’s hearty, and it’s delicious.
All you need is a can of tomato soup, some fresh basil leaves, and some milk or half-and-half (depending on how thick you like your soup).
Here’s how to make it:
- Start by steeping the basil in 1/2 cup of boiling water for several minutes.
- Then pour 1 can of tomato soup into a pot.
- Add the basil water and 2 cups of milk or half-and-half to taste (you may want to start with more than 2 cups of milk or half-and-half, then adjust based on desired thickness).
- Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Serve hot!
We’re going to be honest: corn chowder is a great complement to your sandwich.
The creamy, savory flavor of the chowder will add a depth of flavor that’s just not present in your sandwich alone.
Corn chowder is also super easy to make—you just need to start with a base of potatoes and onions (or other root vegetables), add a little cream and milk, and then add your choice of chicken or ham.
Add some corn for texture, seasonings like thyme and celery salt for flavor, and voila!
You’ve got yourself an amazing soup that will go perfectly with any sandwich.
With corn chowder on the menu, you’ll never have to worry about having boring sandwiches again!
11. Beef Stew
Beef Stew is a hearty meal that goes well with sandwiches.
See Also: Best Side Dishes For Beef Stew
The stew itself is an excellent choice if you’re looking for something to serve alongside your sandwich, and can be used as a main course or as an appetizer.
The preparation of beef stew is relatively easy, but it does require some time and effort.
Once you’ve mastered the basics of preparing your stew, however, you’ll find that it’s an excellent way to enjoy the flavors of beef and vegetables in one dish.
Beef stew is typically served with mashed potatoes or rice on the side.
You can also add other sides such as cornbread or biscuits to round out your meal.
12. Lentil Soup
Lentil soup is the perfect soup to serve with your sandwich.
It’s hearty, warm, and full of flavor—and it’s especially good when you add in some extra veggies like tomatoes or spinach.
Here are some tips for making lentil soup:
- Start by sautéing onions in olive oil until they’re browned and crisp. You can use any kind of onion you’d like, but yellow or red onions add a bit more sweetness that goes well with the earthy lentils.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute or two before adding your broth and water (or stock). Then cover your pot and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes—and up to an hour if you have time!
- Once it’s ready, add in any spices or herbs that you want to add flavor to the soup (like cumin or oregano!) before serving alongside your sandwich!
13. Split Pea Soup
Split pea soup is a great choice for serving alongside a BLT sandwich.
It’s hearty and rich, but not overly filling—so it won’t make you feel as if you’re eating too much.
We recommend serving split pea soup in a small mug or bowl.
This way, your guests can taste the sandwich and the soup together, instead of just one or the other.
You can also serve split pea soup in a small cup with a lid.
This way, if someone wants to take their soup to go, they can easily transport it without spilling it everywhere!
13 Soups that Go Well with BLT Sandwiches
- Tomato Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
- Potato Leek Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Lobster Bisque
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cream of Celery Soup
- Tomato Basil Bisque
- Corn Chowder
- Beef Stew
- Lentil Soup
- Split Pea Soup
- Pick any soup from this list to serve with your sandwich.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Be ready to munch in no time!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.