As any cheese enthusiast knows, there is nothing quite like the combination of melted Brie cheese and delicious toppings.
Baked Brie is the perfect appetizer to serve at a party or family gathering.
Whether you’re a pro in the kitchen or just starting out, the possibilities are endless when it comes to topping a round of Brie.
From sweet to savory, I have compiled a list of the 15 best baked brie toppings to upgrade any cheese board.
From caramelized onions and fig jam to roasted garlic and honeycomb, you’ll find something to satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
So get your oven preheated and let’s get started!
15 Best Toppings for Baked Brie
Below, you’ll find the ultimate selection of tantalizing baked brie toppings.
These 15 ideas will help you take your cheese board game to the next level and impress your guests with something truly special.
From sweet to savory, there’s something here to satisfy every palate!
Caramelized onions are the perfect topping for brie cheese!
They add a sweet flavor to the creamy goodness of melted Brie.
- To prepare, begin by heating butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add thinly sliced yellow onions and season with salt.
- Cook until they become soft and golden brown, stirring often – this should take about 15 minutes. If desired, you can also add sugar or other seasonings like garlic powder, thyme or rosemary to enhance the flavor even more.
- Top your Brie cheese with these delicious caramelized onions and enjoy!
Garlic is like the superhero of flavor, and roasting it takes it up to the next level.
- It’s easy, too – simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, cut off the top of a head of garlic, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, or until you can squeeze the cloves out easily.
- Once cooled, mix into melted Brie cheese with some freshly cracked black pepper and you’re good to go!
Pro Tip: Toast up some slices of baguette to scoop up every bit of this deliciousness.
3. Fig Jam
How about something unique and delicious?
Fig jam is a great way to elevate your melted Brie cheese.
- To prepare it, simply heat up the fig jam in a small saucepan over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Then, pour it over your melted Brie cheese and enjoy!
The sweet notes from the fig jam create an amazing balance with the creamy texture of the melted Brie.
Pro Tip: For extra flavor, add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper on top before serving.
4. Pomegranate Seeds
Ah, pomegranate seeds.
These delicious little gems are the perfect topping to any dish, but especially when it comes to melted Brie cheese!
All you have to do is rinse and dry some seeds, then sprinkle them on top of warm Brie.
The sweet-tart flavor of the pomegranate will add a delightful burst of flavor and texture to your cheese plate.
Pro Tip: If you want an even more intense flavor, try adding a drizzle of honey on top for a truly decadent bite.
The combination of warm, melted Brie cheese and sticky honeycomb is one of the best.
- To prepare it, you’ll want to place your Brie onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
- Once it’s done baking, top with a generous spoonful of chopped honeycomb and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with some crusty French bread or crackers and enjoy!
Pro Tip: If you’re feeling extra indulgent, add some finely chopped walnuts over the honeycomb before baking – it adds just the right amount of crunch!
Almonds are super underrated if you ask me!
Toasting them brings out their nutty flavor and adds some crunchy texture to the dish.
- All you have to do is put your almonds in a dry skillet on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Make sure not to leave them unattended, as they can burn quickly!
- Once they start popping and releasing an aroma, take them off the heat and let cool before adding to your cheese board.
Pro Tip: For extra oomph, sprinkle with a bit of salt or drizzle with honey after they’re done cooking.
You MUST try sun-dried tomatoes on your melted cheese!
- All you need to do is rehydrate the tomatoes in hot water for a few minutes, then strain and chop them up.
- Once you’ve done that, just add them to your melted Brie cheese.
The combination of the sweet, tart tomatoes with the gooeyness of the Brie cheese is heavenly!
Pro Tip: To make it even better, add a sprinkle of fresh herbs like basil or oregano before serving.
It sounds like a bit of an odd combo, but the sweet and tart flavors of cranberry chutney are great with melted Brie cheese.
- To prepare it, all you need to do is heat up some prepared chutney or make your own using fresh cranberries, sugar and white wine vinegar.
- Stir in any other additional ingredients you’d like such as oranges or nuts for some extra texture.
- Then spread it over your warm Brie cheese and enjoy!
Pro Tip: Try adding a touch of brandy to the chutney – it will add an extra depth of flavor that pairs perfectly with the cheesy goodness.
9. Candied Nuts
No surprise here – the combination of melted Brie cheese and candied nuts is out-of-this-world delicious.
- To prepare the candied nuts, you’ll need to start by melting sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Then throw in your favorite nuts (I’m partial to walnuts).
- Let them simmer until they’ve become golden brown and then remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool before adding them as a topping for your Brie cheese.
Pro Tip: If you want to add another layer of flavor, try adding some fresh thyme or rosemary when you’re simmering the nuts.
10. Bacon Bits
Who doesn’t like bacon, right? Bacon bits are the perfect accompaniment to cheese.
- All you have to do is fry up some bacon and then crumble it into smaller pieces.
- Once your bacon is cooked and crumbled, spread it over the top of your melted Brie.
The salty flavor of the bacon will contrast nicely with the creamy texture of the cheese.
Pro Tip: To make sure the bacon gets nice and crispy, cook in a dry pan on medium-high heat until golden brown.
Go turn on your oven and roast some red peppers for this dish!
- Wash the peppers, cut into slices, and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven at 400°F for about 30 minutes.
- When they start to blacken around the edges, take them out.
- Let cool slightly before handling, then peel off their charred skin and remove any seeds that may be inside.
- Then top your melted Brie cheese with the roasted red pepper slices – it’s that easy!
Pro Tip: To get a nice char on your peppers, leave them in longer than 30 minutes.
12. Olive Tapenade
Olive tapenade, to me, just screams fancy.
To make this topping, all you need to do is blend together pitted olives, capers, garlic, olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
It’s salty and tart in the best way possible.
The tapenade pairs perfectly with the creamy texture of melted Brie cheese – it’s truly a match made in heaven!
Pro Tip: I like to add a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top for an extra pop of color.
13. Mango Chutney
A little mango never hurt anyone!
If you’re looking to switch up your Brie game, mango chutney is a great way to do it.
It has a sweet and tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the creamy cheese.
- To prepare the topping, heat it over medium heat in a small saucepan until it’s warm and bubbly.
- Then drizzle generously over your melted Brie, or use as a dip for crackers or bread.
Pro Tip: Add some freshly chopped cilantro and red chilli flakes if you want an extra kick of flavor!
14. Chopped Dates
Don’t knock it ’til you try it! Chopped dates add a sweet and sticky flavor to the ooey-gooey melted Brie cheese.
- To prepare, remove the pits from your dates and chop them into small pieces.
- Then, top your Brie with chopped dates and some crushed walnuts for added crunch.
If you want to get really fancy, add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup on top – yum!
Pro Tip: For an even better result, bake the Brie in the oven first before adding any toppings.
If you have a bag of walnuts and some brown sugar lying around, then you have the perfect ingredients to make a delicious topping for your baked Brie cheese.
- Start by preheating the oven at 350°F and lightly coating the walnuts with some olive oil.
- Place them in an oven-safe dish and sprinkle generously with brown sugar before baking for 10 minutes, or until they are golden.
The sweet flavor of the caramelized walnuts is absolutely divine when paired with creamy Brie cheese!
Pro Tip: If you like a bit of heat, add some cayenne pepper to the mix!
5 Tasty Brie Toppings With Honey
Brie and honey are a match made in heaven. The sweet, sticky honey perfectly complements the creamy, rich flavor of brie cheese. Here are five tasty brie toppings with honey that are sure to take your appetizer game to the next level:
- Honey and Almonds: To make this topping, start by toasting sliced almonds in a dry pan until they are golden brown. Drizzle honey over the top of a wheel of brie, then sprinkle the toasted almonds on top. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.
- Honey and Figs: To make this topping, slice fresh figs and arrange them on top of a wheel of brie. Drizzle honey over the top, then bake in the oven until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers or toasted bread.
- Honey and Walnuts: To make this topping, chop walnuts and sprinkle them on top of a wheel of brie. Drizzle honey over the top, then bake in the oven until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.
- Honey and Apples: To make this topping, slice apples thinly and arrange them on top of a wheel of brie. Drizzle honey over the top, then bake in the oven until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers or toasted bread.
- Honey and Rosemary: To make this topping, finely chop fresh rosemary and sprinkle it on top of a wheel of brie. Drizzle honey over the top, then bake in the oven until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.
3 Easy Appetizer Recipes Using Baked Brie
Baked brie is a crowd-pleasing appetizer that can be enjoyed at any gathering. One of the best things about baked brie is that it can be dressed up with a variety of toppings to suit your taste buds.
Here are three easy appetizer recipes using baked brie that are sure to impress your guests:
Cranberry and Pecan Baked Brie
This recipe is perfect for the holiday season, but can be enjoyed year-round. To make it, start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Place a wheel of brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread a layer of cranberry sauce on top of the brie, then sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers or bread.
Fig and Prosciutto Baked Brie
This recipe is a little more savory, but still has a touch of sweetness from the figs. Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Place a wheel of brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top the brie with thinly sliced prosciutto and diced dried figs. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers or bread.
Garlic and Herb Baked Brie
This recipe is perfect for garlic lovers. To make it, start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Place a wheel of brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together chopped garlic, chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary and thyme), and a drizzle of olive oil. Spread the herb mixture over the top of the brie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers or bread.
3 Delicious Nut Baked Brie Appetizers to Try
Baked brie is a delicious and elegant appetizer that is perfect for entertaining. By adding nuts to the mix, you can take your baked brie to the next level. Here are three delicious nut baked brie appetizers to try:
Pecan and Brown Sugar Baked Brie
To make this recipe, start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Place a wheel of brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle chopped pecans and brown sugar over the top of the brie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with sliced baguette or crackers.
Almond and Honey Baked Brie
To make this recipe, preheat your oven to 350°F. Place a wheel of brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle honey over the top of the brie, then sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers or toasted bread.
Pistachio and Cranberry Baked Brie
To make this recipe, preheat your oven to 350°F. Place a wheel of brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top the brie with chopped pistachios and dried cranberries. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the brie is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette.
What should I serve on top of brie cheese?
There are many delicious toppings that pair well with brie cheese. Some popular options include fruit preserves (such as apricot, fig, or raspberry), nuts (such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts), honey, caramelized onions, and fresh herbs (such as rosemary or thyme). You can also get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations to find your favorite brie toppings.
What goes good with baked brie?
Baked brie is a versatile appetizer that can be served with a variety of accompaniments. Some popular options include crackers, sliced baguette, toasted bread, fresh fruit (such as apples or grapes), dried fruit (such as apricots or figs), and nuts (such as almonds or walnuts). You can also serve baked brie with a side salad or charcuterie board for a more substantial appetizer.
Do you cut the top off brie before baking?
It’s up to you whether or not to cut the top off of a brie wheel before baking. Some people prefer to leave the rind intact, while others find it easier to scoop out the melted cheese if the top rind is removed. If you do choose to cut off the top, use a sharp knife to carefully slice off a small portion of the rind, being careful not to remove too much.
How do you serve and eat baked brie?
Baked brie is typically served hot and gooey, straight out of the oven. To serve, simply transfer the baked brie to a serving platter or board and place it in the center of the table with your chosen accompaniments. Use a small knife or spoon to scoop out the melted cheese and spread it on top of crackers or bread. Baked brie can be messy, so be sure to have plenty of napkins on hand.
Check out some more topping ideas:
- 15 Brisket Sandwich Toppings You Must Try
- 13 Surprisingly Delicious Tuna Sandwich Toppings
- 15 Toppings For Tuna Casserole That’ll Make Your Mouth Water
- 15 Best Toppings for Green Bean Casserole You Must Try
- 15 Unique Toppings for Sweet Potato Pie You Must Try
15 Baked Brie Toppings You Must Try
- Caramelized Onions
- Roasted Garlic
- Fig Jam
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Toasted Almonds
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Cranberry Chutney
- Candied Nuts
- Bacon Bits
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Olive Tapenade
- Mango Chutney
- Chopped Dates
- Walnuts and Brown Sugar
- Pick your favorite topping from this collection to use with your brie.
- Prepare the topping according to the instructions.
- Enjoy your snack in no time!