Mojito lime chicken is a zesty, flavorful dish that is perfect for a summer BBQ.
The chicken is marinated in a mixture of lime juice, mint, and garlic, giving it a delicious Caribbean flavor.
But, what do you serve with Mojito Lime Chicken?
There are many options for what to serve with Mojito Lime Chicken. Some examples include white or brown rice, quinoa, couscous, roasted potatoes, sweet potato fries, sautéed vegetables, or a green salad.
Keep scrolling for many more ideas!
What to Serve with Mojito Lime Chicken? 15 Best Side Dishes
Mojito lime chicken is best served with a side of rice and beans, but there are many other side dishes that would be just as delicious.
Here are 15 mouth-watering side dishes to serve with your mojito lime chicken:
1. Roasted Asparagus
I often like to keep things simple when it comes to side dishes, but roasted asparagus takes the cake.
It’s a simple and elegant way to show off your culinary skills, and it’s delicious, too.
- Just preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tough ends off the asparagus spears and then toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Spread the spears out on the prepared baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you’ve been to a BBQ lately, you know that coleslaw is a popular side dish.
It’s easy to make, and it can be made in a variety of flavors.
I like to make mine with a simple dressing of mayonnaise, vinegar, and salt.
It’s perfect for mojito lime chicken because it has a nice balance of sweetness and tartness.
3. Fried Rice
If you like Asian flavors, fried rice is a great option.
It’s easy to make and can be customized to include whatever proteins and vegetables you like.
Just make sure to have all the ingredients ready before you start cooking, so you don’t have to waste time hunting for something while your rice is getting crispy.
4. Mac and Cheese
Mac and cheese is a winner with adults, kids, vegetarians, and meat-eaters alike.
It’s cheesy, creamy, and delicious.
There are endless variations, but the classic version is made with elbow macaroni and cream cheese.
You can top it with anything you like: bacon, Parmesan cheese, shrimp, or even ground beef.
5. Corn on the Cob
Corn on the cob is often served at barbeque and pool parties, but it can also be a great addition to any home meal.
- Simply skewer the corn on the cob and grill it over medium-high heat until it’s charred and slightly charred on the outside, about 10 minutes.
- Then remove from the grill and top with your favorite BBQ sauce or salsa.
6. Potato Salad
Potato salad is usually a simple affair: boiled potatoes, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
However, there are plenty of variations on the theme.
For a more complex version, try this mojito lime version.
- First, start by boiling some potatoes until they are tender.
- Then mix them with diced green bell peppers, diced onion, and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Drizzle with lime juice and honey, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
7. Crispy Onion Rings
How about some crunch to go with your mojito lime chicken?
Crispy onion rings are the perfect solution!
They’re easy to make and take just a few minutes to bake.
Once they’re done, simply serve them up with your favorite dipping sauce and you’re good to go.
8. Garden Salad
Sometimes a simple salad is all you need to round out a meal.
Garden salads are perfect for when you’re short on time, and they’re also a great way to use up leftover vegetables.
Just mix together some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes or fruit, crumbled bacon or ham, and any other desired toppings and you’re good to go.
9. Fries With a Twist
Fries can be bland, so why not jazz them up a bit?
Try dipping them in your favorite dip, like buffalo sauce or ranch dressing.
Or try using different spices, like chili powder or cumin.
You can even top them with crunchy toppings, like crumbled bacon or shredded cheese.
10. Fried Rice with Shrimp
Fried rice with shrimp is a tasty and easy way to add some extra protein to your meal.
Shrimp is a great source of lean protein, and it pairs well with the rice for a complete and satisfying meal.
- Just start by cooking the rice according to package instructions.
- Then, while the rice is cooking, heat up some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the fried rice warm, topped with shredded cabbage and chopped scallions if desired.
11. Garlic Mashed Potatoes
If you don’t mind a little garlic in your potatoes, these are a delicious and easy side dish.
- Simply peel and chop some garlic cloves, then place them in a large pot with a few cups of cold water and a teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, use an immersion blender to blend the potatoes until smooth.
- Serve hot, topped with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
12. Creamy Garlic Spinach
I love a portion of creamy garlic spinach topped with a juicy piece of chicken or steak.
It’s a great way to add some extra protein to your meal and satisfy your cravings at the same time.
This dish is also very easy to make, and all you need is some fresh spinach, garlic, milk, and butter. Just cook the spinach until it’s wilted down, add the milk and butter, and serve.
13. Butternut Squash Soup
Do you like soup? Do you like butternut squash soup?
If you answered yes to both questions, then you’re in luck!
Butternut squash soup is one of the most versatile soups out there.
It’s hearty and filling, but it can also be light and refreshing.
Here’s a recipe for butternut squash soup that will let you enjoy all the flavors of this delicious squash in a warm and comforting soup.
14. Grilled Vegetables
Fire up your grill and grill up some vegetables! Grilling is a great way to cook vegetables without any added fat or oil.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and then brush or spray your veggies with olive oil.
- Once the grill is hot, place your veggies on the grill and close the lid.
- Grill for about 10-15 minutes, flipping once, until they’re charred on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve them topped with your favorite salsa or hummus for a delicious and healthy side dish.
Why not add a dessert to the table that’s not only delicious, but also easy to make?
Brownies are a classic that can be made in just minutes with just a few simple ingredients.
- Start by mixing together some softened butter, sugar, eggs, and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Then pour the batter into an 8×8 inch baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings like chopped nuts, whipped cream, or ice cream.
What to Serve with Mojito Lime Chicken? 15 Best Side Dishes
- Roasted Asparagus
- Fried Rice
- Mac and Cheese
- Corn on the Cob
- Potato Salad
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Garden Salad
- Fries With a Twist
- Fried Rice with Shrimp
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Garlic Spinach
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Grilled Vegetables
- Pick your favorite side dish from this list to serve with your Mojito Lime Chicken.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.