If you’ve ever had a package of Oreos, you know that the filling is out of this world.
But when you’re done eating the cookies, and you have a lot of leftover filling, what do you do?
The best way to use up leftover Oreo filling is to make a milkshake. Oreos are delicious, and the filling is a great sweet treat on its own. But if you’re looking to make something fun with that leftover filling, try mixing it with milk and ice cream until it’s smooth and thick enough to drink through a straw. Then top it off with whipped cream and sprinkles!
Still looking for ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
See Also: 20 Oreo and Cream Cheese Recipes I Can’t Resist
25 Ways to Use Up Leftover Oreo Filling
Here are 25 creative ways to use up leftover Oreo filling:
1. Use It as A Dip for Fruit
Leftover oreo filling is the perfect dip for fruit.
It’s sweet, creamy, and goes well with pretty much any kind of fruit.
You can use it to make your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe even more indulgent by dipping chunks of banana or strawberries into it before baking.
You can also try putting some into a bowl with sliced oranges and letting everyone at your next party or family gathering dip their own pieces!
2. Make Some Homemade Oreo Ice Cream
If you’re looking for an easy way to use up leftover oreo filling without having to waste an entire pack of cookies, try making some homemade oreo ice cream!
All you need is a few ingredients like milk, sugar and eggs plus a few Oreos crushed up in a food processor (or macerated in your blender).
Then just freeze it in an ice cream maker until it becomes solid enough so that when you scoop it out onto a plate it doesn’t melt right away.
3. Make Your Own Ice Cream Sandwiches with It
If you’re all out of ice cream or just want a different spin on things, consider making your own ice cream sandwiches using this delicious leftover filling!
Just spread some butter on one side of two slices of bread (or biscuits), spread some leftover oreo filling over that, then top with another slice of bread (or biscuit).
Press down gently so everything sticks together well, then cut into wedges.
You can even sprinkle some sugar over top before baking if you like your sweets extra sweet!
4. Make Chocolate Cake
Next time you have leftover filling from Oreos, make some chocolate cake!
This recipe will only take about 20 minutes from start to finish so it’s perfect for those times when you need something quick.
- Just mix together all of the ingredients into one bowl then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes or until done according to the instructions on your box of cake mix.
- Once done baking let cool completely before frosting with chocolate frosting then top with some more crushed up Oreos if desired.
5. Make a Cookie-Filled Cheesecake
You can also use up your leftover Oreo filling by making a cookie-filled cheesecake!
All you need is some cream cheese, eggs and sugar along with some crushed up Oreos to fill your cheesecake with before putting it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes or until set according to your box of cheesecake mix instructions.
Once cooled completely you can serve this delicious treat as is or top it off with some more crushed up Oreos if desired!
6. Put It in Your Ice Cream
In addition to being delicious on its own, Oreo filling can be used to add some extra flavor to your favorite ice cream flavor (or even just regular vanilla if you’re feeling adventurous).
7. Make an Oreo milkshake
If you have some leftover Oreo filling, you can easily turn it into a delicious milkshake!
Just add the oreo filling to a blender with some milk, ice cream and chocolate syrup.
Blend until creamy and smooth, then pour into a glass and enjoy!
8. Use It as Icing for Brownies
Leftover Oreo filling can also be used as icing for brownies!
Simply spread it on top of a cooled brownie that has been cut into small squares.
You can also make your own by adding powdered sugar and butter to leftover Oreo filling in equal parts until smooth and creamy enough to spread onto brownies without getting too runny (if needed).
9. Dip pretzels into it
Another way we like to use up leftover Oreo filling is by dipping pretzels into it!
We recommend using your favorite kind of pretzels (we love salted) because any kind of chocolate-covered pretzel will work well for this recipe.
Simply dip each pretzel into the melted chocolate mixture until completely covered and let cool on wax paper or parchment paper before eating!
10. Make Oreo pancakes
If your kids are like ours, they probably love Oreos but don’t have the patience for making them from scratch (or even eating them).
That’s why this trick is so genius!
Simply combine all of your leftover oreo filling with pancake batter and bake them in the oven according to the instructions on your box of pancake mix.
Once they’re done baking, top each one with more chocolate syrup or whipped cream if desired – we recommend both!
11. Make an Oreo trifle for dessert or a party food spread
A trifle is basically just a layered dessert that uses sponge cake as its base.
It’s usually made with layers of jam or jelly, fruit (especially strawberries) and custard or whipped cream.
You can make one using your leftover Oreo filling by layering it with whipped cream and strawberry jam/jelly or even just tossing some diced strawberries on top if your dessert isn’t fancy enough for proper trifle-making.
12. Use it as frosting in place of regular buttercream
You can also use your leftover Oreo filling as an alternative to buttercream frosting on cakes or cupcakes!
See Also: 19 Frosting Ideas for Chocolate Cupcakes
Simply spread some of the leftover filling on top of your cake or cupcake before adding any other frosting or toppings (like sprinkles).
13. Mix it into pancake batter or muffin batter
If you’re not in the mood for a drink but still want to use up your Oreo filling, try mixing it into your favorite pancake or muffin recipe.
You’ll be amazed at how delicious it makes them taste!
14. Freeze the leftovers
If you’re not feeling quite as adventurous, try freezing your leftover Oreo filling for later use!
Simply pop your unused filling into an air-tight container and store in the freezer until needed (up to 1 month).
Then when you’re ready for dessert again, simply microwave it on high for 30 seconds or until soft enough to spread on bread or cookies!
15. Spread it on graham crackers and top with chocolate chips
Get creative with your leftover Oreo filling by spreading it on a graham cracker and topping it with chocolate chips!
This will make for an easy dessert that’s perfect for kids or adults alike!
16. Make Oreo donuts
Combine the leftover filling with flour, sugar and baking soda to make your own homemade donuts!
The hardest part will be waiting for them to bake because they’ll smell so good while they’re cooking!
17. Add It to Your Favorite Cookie Dough Recipe
We love adding a spoonful of Oreo filling to our favorite cookie dough recipe.
It gives the cookies an extra punch of flavor, and you don’t even have to worry about adding any more sugar or fat than you already had in the dough.
Just mix everything together, scoop out the dough, and bake!
18. Make Cheesecake Popsicles
Another great way to use up your leftover Oreo filling is by turning it into mini cheesecake popsicles!
Just pour the oreo filling into ice pop molds (or small paper cups) and freeze overnight or until solid. When they’re done, remove from the molds and enjoy!
19. Decorate a Birthday Cake with It
You can also use your filling to decorate a birthday cake!
- To do this, simply scoop out any remaining filling onto wax paper or parchment paper in small dollops that are slightly larger than what was on the cookie when it was whole.
- Once all of your dollops are made, place them on top of one another so that they form one large dollop in the center of your cake.
- Then cover everything with frosting or icing as needed before serving!
20. Spread It on Toast with Peanut Butter or Jam
Another way to use up your filling is by spreading it on toast with peanut butter or jam!
You can make this option even more exciting by adding some whipped cream or marshmallows on top!
21. Stir Into Oatmeal for A Sweet and Creamy Breakfast Treat
If you want to enjoy your Oreos for breakfast, try stirring some of that leftover filling into your morning oatmeal!
It will give your oats a delicious flavor boost and make them taste just like cookies!
22. Make Your Own Homemade Trail Mix (add a Little Extra Sugar if You Want)
Or, if you want something that’s a little more adventurous and different, try mixing it with chocolate chips, nuts and dried fruit to make your own homemade trail mix!
Just add a little extra sugar if you want.
23. Use It as A Crust for Pies and Tarts
Mix together your leftover Oreo filling with butter, sugar and flour in a bowl until well combined.
Press this mixture into the bottom of your pie dish or tart pan to form the base.
Next, fill with whatever fruit or dessert filling you’d like (we recommend strawberries or blueberries)! Bake according to instructions on your pie crust or tart recipe before serving warm with ice cream!
24. Mix It Into Warm Milk to Make Hot Chocolate
This is a great option if you don’t have any ice cream or chocolate syrup on hand but still want to make something sweet and creamy.
Simply mix together the leftover oreo filling with warm milk until combined, then stir in some cocoa powder until smooth.
Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream for extra creaminess!
25. Add It to An Oatmeal Recipe for A Fun Twist
Did you know that you can add any leftover candy or cookie filling to your oatmeal recipe?
Just combine your favorite flavor of oatmeal with milk and a few spoonfuls of the leftover filling, then cook as normal!
The warmly spiced flavor will be a fun twist on an old classic.
What to Do with Leftover Oreo Filling (25 Creative Ideas)
- Use It as A Dip for Fruit
- Make Some Homemade Oreo Ice Cream
- Make Your Own Ice Cream Sandwiches with It
- Make Chocolate Cake
- Make a Cookie-Filled Cheesecake
- Put It in Your Ice Cream
- Make an Oreo milkshake
- Use It as Icing for Brownies
- Dip pretzels into it
- Make Oreo pancakes
- Make an Oreo trifle for dessert or a party food spread
- Use it as frosting in place of regular buttercream
- Mix it into pancake batter or muffin batter
- Freeze the leftovers
- Spread it on graham crackers and top with chocolate chips
- Make Oreo donuts
- Add it to your favorite cookie dough recipe
- Make cheesecake popsicles
- Decorate a birthday cake with it
- Spread it on toast with peanut butter or jam
- Stir into oatmeal for a sweet and creamy breakfast treat
- Make your own homemade trail mix
- Use it as a crust for pies and tarts
- Mix it into warm milk to make hot chocolate
- Add it to an oatmeal recipe for a fun twist
- Pick one of the recipe ideas from this list to use with your Oreo filling.
- Prepare the rest of your meal.
- Be ready to munch in no time!