Many of us grew up eating fish sticks.
They are a classic childhood food that is easy to make and usually quite affordable.
But what do you do with them when you’re all grown up?
If you find yourself with a box (or two) of fish sticks in your freezer and are wondering what to do with them, then you are in the right place.
I’m sharing 13 creative ideas for how to use fish sticks including fish stick tacos, fish stick soup, fish stick casserole, and more.
So whether you are looking for an easy weeknight dinner or a fun way to use up those extra fish sticks, I hope you find some inspiration here!
See Also: 46 Easy Wonton Wrapper Recipes
What to Do with Fish Sticks?
There are many things you can do with fish sticks. A popular option is to serve them with a dipping sauce on the side. Another option is to put them in a sandwich or wrap. You can also cut them up and use them as toppings on a salad.
Still looking for ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
Here are 13 things you can do with fish sticks:
1. Fish Stick Tacos
Mexican food has always had a special place in my heart.
I love the bold flavors and the way that each dish is so unique.
Tacos are one of my favorite things to eat, and I was excited to find a way to incorporate fish sticks into this classic dish.
- To make these tacos, start by cooking the fish sticks according to the package instructions.
- Once they are cooked, cut them into small pieces and set them aside.
- Next, warm up some tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat.
- Once they are soft, add the fish, some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and your favorite taco toppings.
I like to add a little bit of hot sauce to mine for an extra kick.
These tacos are a great way to use up any leftover fish sticks, and they make a quick and easy meal that is packed with flavor.
2. Fish Stick Soup
Why not curl up with a bowl of warm, comforting soup on a cold winter day?
This recipe for fish stick soup is easy to make and can be tailored to your liking.
- Start by sautéing some onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil.
- Then, add in your favorite vegetables. I like to use carrots, celery, and potatoes, but you can use whatever you like or have on hand.
- Once the vegetables are softened, add in the fish sticks and chicken broth.
- Let the soup simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish sticks are cooked through. If you want a heartier soup, you can add some cooked rice or noodles. Otherwise, this soup is perfect as is.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
3. Fish Stick Casserole
Casseroles are popular because they are usually easy to make and can feed a large number of people.
This fish stick casserole is no different.
It is a simple dish that only requires a few ingredients and can be easily modified to suit your taste.
- The first step is to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, you will need to gather your ingredients. For this recipe, you will need: two cups of cooked rice, two cups of broccoli florets, one cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and one package of frozen fish sticks. Once you have all of your ingredients, it is time to start assembling the casserole.
- Start by spreading the cooked rice in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Then, add the broccoli florets on top of the rice.
- Next, lay the fish sticks on top of the broccoli.
- Finally, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Once the casserole is assembled, you will need to bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
4. Fish Stick Pizza
Everybody loves pizza, and there’s no reason that fish sticks can’t be a part of that.
This dish is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, take a 12-inch pizza pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Next, lay out about 24 fish sticks on the pan. If you’re using frozen fish sticks, make sure to thaw them first.
- After the fish sticks are in place, it’s time to add the sauce. You can use any type of pizza sauce, but a marinara or Alfredo sauce would go well with the fish.
- Once the sauce is spread on top, add your favorite toppings. Cheese is always a good option, but you could also add some cooked veggies like mushrooms, onions, or peppers.
- Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice and serve!
5. Fish Stick Grilled Cheese
How about a classic grilled cheese with a fish stick twist?
This dish is easy to make and can be a fun way to change up your grilled cheese routine.
To make this dish, you will need:
- 4 fish sticks
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- First, preheat your grill or griddle to medium heat.
- Next, assemble your sandwich by placing two fish sticks on each slice of bread.
- Then, top with shredded cheese.
- Butter the outside of the bread, and then place the sandwich on the grill or griddle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
6. Fish Stick Quesadillas
Mexican cuisine is known for being flavorful and colorful, and one of the best ways to enjoy it is by making quesadillas.
Quesadillas are a type of Mexican sandwich that is made with tortillas and a variety of fillings.
One of the great things about quesadillas is that they are very versatile and can be made with a variety of different ingredients.
One option is to use fish sticks as the filling for your quesadilla.
This is a great option if you are looking for a quick and easy meal.
To make fish stick quesadillas, simply place some fish sticks on a tortilla, add your favorite toppings, and then fold the tortilla in half.
You can then cook the quesadilla in a skillet over medium heat until it is golden brown and crispy.
Fish stick quesadillas are a delicious and easy way to enjoy Mexican cuisine.
If you are looking for a quick meal, this is a great option that will not disappoint.
7. Fish Stick Fried Rice
If you’re not looking to spend hours in the kitchen, but still want a delicious and homemade meal, fish stick fried rice is the perfect solution.
This dish is packed with flavor, and it’s also a great way to use up any leftover fish sticks.
To make fish stick fried rice, you’ll need:
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup peas
- 6 fish sticks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and peas, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the fish sticks and soy sauce, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the sesame oil and serve.
8. Fish Stick Pot Pie
If you want to impress your family or friends with a homemade pot pie, try using fish sticks in place of chicken.
This dish is easy to make and can be tailored to your liking.
- To make a fish stick pot pie, start by cooking the fish sticks according to the package instructions.
- Once they are cooked, chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- Next, sauté some vegetables in a pan. You can use whatever you have on hand, but I recommend using onions, carrots, and celery.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add them to a pot with the fish sticks and some stock or milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- While it is simmering, prepare the pie crusts. You can use store-bought crusts or make your own.
- Once the mixture has simmered, pour it into the pie crusts and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the pies cool for a few minutes before serving.
9. Fish Stick Quiche
Whether you serve this dish for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, it’s sure to be a hit.
And, it’s an excellent way to use up those extra fish sticks!
To make this quiche, you’ll need:
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 to 8 fish sticks, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch pie dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Add fish sticks and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
10. Fish Stick Empanadas
You’ll be surprised how delicious fish sticks can be when they’re used in empanadas!
See Also: The 11 Best Sauces for Empanadas
This recipe uses a few simple ingredients to create a tasty and unique dish.
To make the empanadas, you’ll need:
- 1 package of fish sticks
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the fish sticks to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, until they’re browned and crispy.
- Next, add the refried beans, cheese, chili powder, and salsa to the skillet and stir until everything is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into each empanada shell, then fold the dough over the filling and press to seal.
- Place the empanadas on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
11. Fish Stick Salad
Remember to eat your veggies!
This salad is a great way to do that, and it’s also a fun way to eat fish sticks.
- 1 package of fish sticks
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- croutons (optional)
- Cook the fish sticks according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ranch dressing, Italian dressing, chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
- Add the cooked fish sticks to the salad and mix everything together.
- Serve with croutons on top, if desired.
12. Fish Stick Sandwich
You can’t go wrong with a simple sandwich made with fish sticks, bread, and your favorite condiments.
This is a quick and easy meal that can be made with any type of bread, including white bread, wheat bread, or even a wrap.
If you want to add some extra flavor to your sandwich, you can try adding different toppings such as lettuce, tomato, or avocado.
You can also add cheese to your sandwich for an extra creamy flavor.
13. Fish Stick Kabobs
Lastly, if you are feeling extra creative, you can use fish sticks to make kabobs!
This is a great option if you are looking for a fun and easy way to serve fish.
All you need to do is thread the fish sticks onto skewers and grill or bake them.
You can serve the kabobs with a dipping sauce, or you can add some vegetables to the skewers for a complete meal.
Either way, this is a great way to use fish sticks in a new and exciting way.
What to Do with Fish Sticks? (13 Amazing Recipes)
- Fish Stick Tacos
- Fish Stick Soup
- Fish Stick Casserole
- Fish Stick Pizza
- Fish Stick Grilled Cheese
- Fish Stick Quesadillas
- Fish Stick Fried Rice
- Fish Stick Pot Pie
- Fish Stick Quiche
- Fish Stick Empanadas
- Fish Stick Salad
- Fish Stick Sandwich
- Fish Stick Kabobs
- Pick your favorite recipe idea from this list to use up your fish sticks.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!