If you’re like me and you love sweet potato gnocchi, then you know how hard it can be to find new and inventive ways to serve it.
That’s why I’m so excited to share with you my favorite 15 deliciously different sauces for sweet potato gnocchi.
These sauces are sure to bring new life to any dish and take your taste buds on an unforgettable journey.
- What To Serve With Sweet Potato Gnocchi – 15 Best Side Dishes
- Gnocchi Wine Pairing: The Best Wines for Gnocchi
- How Long To Cook Gnocchi – The Ultimate Guide
From creamy and savory to light and bright, there’s a sauce for every palate.
Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian, or meat-lover, you’ll find something to tantalize your taste buds.
When you combine garlic, Parmesan, and cream together, you get a sauce that is anything but boring.
This sauce is the perfect complement to sweet potato gnocchi.
It’s easy to make too!
- Simply heat up the olive oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Then add the vegetable broth, cream, rosemary, thyme, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook everything until it’s hot and bubbly then pour it over your cooked gnocchi.
Pro Tip: Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving for extra flavor and color!
Not too long ago I discovered the magical combination that is brown butter sage sauce.
The nuttiness and depth of flavor from the brown butter, paired with the earthy notes of fresh sage leaves, give this simple sauce a complexity and richness you won’t find in other sauces.
It pairs perfectly with butternut squash ravioli or sweet potato gnocchi – just bring your water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and cook according to package instructions.
Once cooked, toss it in the brown butter sage sauce (just melt your butter on low heat then add sage leaves).
Finish off with freshly cracked black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice for brightness.
Simple but flavorful, this rosemary cream sauce is the perfect addition to your next sweet potato gnocchi dish.
The butter and garlic provide a savory base for the rosemary and heavy cream.
This is then balanced with parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and cornstarch for added texture.
Serve this creamy sauce over your favorite cooked gnocchi for an easy weeknight meal that will make everyone at the table happy.
Pro Tip: To reduce calories, use low-fat or almond milk instead of heavy cream in this recipe.
Beautiful to look at and bursting with flavor, this creamy pumpkin sauce is sure to become a staple in your pasta recipes.
- Start by heating the olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add the sage, garlic, and onion and sauté until they are just beginning to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Then add the pumpkin puree and almond milk and stir everything together.
- Bring it all to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- When done, season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked pasta or zoodles for a healthy dinner option that the whole family will enjoy!
It doesn’t get much easier than this burnt butter, sage, and walnut sauce!
It’s ready in less than 20 minutes, and it will make any pasta dish extra special.
- First, you’ll want to melt the butter over medium-high heat until it starts to brown.
- Then add the walnuts and sage leaves, stirring for about a minute until everything is fragrant.
- Finally, pour the sauce over your cooked pasta of choice and enjoy!
Pro Tip: If you don’t have fresh sage leaves on hand, you can use dried ones instead – just reduce the amount to 1 teaspoon.
When you want something a little different, this roasted tomato sauce is the perfect option.
It’s packed with flavor and it only takes a few minutes to make.
- Start by roasting your tomatoes, garlic, onion, and herbs in olive oil until they are lightly browned.
- Then add balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You’ll be left with a delicious sauce that goes perfectly with all types of pasta dishes.
Pro Tip: If you’re looking to up the flavor even more, try adding some Parmesan cheese or red pepper flakes for an extra kick!
7. Tomato-saffron Cream Sauce
Treat yourself to this delicious Tomato-saffron Cream Sauce.
- Start by heating olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and adding the onions.
- When the onions become translucent, add the saffron, white wine, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes before stirring in tomato paste and stock.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally stir in cream, butter, and parsley until fully combined.
This creamy sauce is perfect on any type of pasta you have on hand!
Pro Tip: To make it even more flavorful try adding some freshly ground black pepper or grated parmesan cheese at the end of cooking time!
Spinach sauce and sweet potato gnocchi go hand-in-hand.
This spinach sauce is a unique way to dress up your pasta night and add an extra layer of flavor.
It’s made with baby spinach, garlic, onion, coriander, mint, chilies, cardamom pod, and cumin – all in all it’s a delicious combination of herbs and spices that will tantalize your taste buds.
To finish off the dish you’ll need some olive oil and sherry or cider vinegar for added zestiness.
Try this spinach sauce recipe soon – it won’t disappoint!
Pro Tip: Add some cream cheese at the end for a creamy twist on this classic sauce.
This sauce is usually a hit or miss, depending on how much you like the flavor of Gorgonzola.
But if you’re looking to step outside of your comfort zone, try out this creamy Gorgonzola cream sauce.
The combination of garlic, Dijon mustard, black pepper, and freshly chopped parsley gives it a nice depth of flavor that pairs well with any type of pasta.
- To make it, all you have to do is heat up the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium-high heat and add in the gorgonzola until melted.
- Finally, stir in the garlic, Dijon, salt, and pepper before topping off with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for an extra cheesy kick!
Pro Tip: Add some cooked bacon or diced ham for an extra savory touch.
A little spice never hurt anyone, and this spiced pancetta, tomato, and basil sauce is the perfect way to add some excitement to your gnocchi recipe.
With a delicious combination of onion, garlic, pancetta, tomatoes, chili, and basil – it’s sure to be a hit!
- It’s also super easy to make; all you need to do is cook the onion and pancetta in olive oil until golden brown.
- Then add the garlic and chili for an extra kick.
- Finally, stir in the tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes before adding fresh basil at the end.
Pro Tip: To give it even more flavor or heat (if you’re feeling daring!), try adding a pinch of smoked paprika or dried oregano.
Simple, different, and delicious – this mushroom and onion sauce will quickly become a favorite for pasta night.
This easy-to-make sauce is made with just 6 ingredients, and it only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Sauté the mushrooms and onion in butter until they are softened and golden brown, then season with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve over your favorite kind of pasta or on top of mashed potatoes for a tasty twist.
Pro Tip: If you want to add some heat, sprinkle on some red pepper flakes before serving!
Creamy and garlicky, this sauce is sure to please any pasta lover!
The combination of butter, garlic, and herbs creates a delicious flavor that pairs perfectly with almost any type of noodle.
- To make it, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the garlic cloves.
- Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cream, butter pieces, parsley, thyme, and oregano until combined.
- Serve over your favorite gnocchi for an indulgent dinner!
Don’t be fooled by the name – this sauce isn’t sweet, but it does have a unique, complex flavor thanks to that muscovado sugar.
It’s perfect for serving alongside steak, roasted chicken, or pork chops.
Plus, you can use it as an alternative to more traditional pasta sauces like marinara and Alfredo.
- To make it, start by caramelizing the onions in butter over low heat – this will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Once they are golden and soft, stir in the sugar and balsamic vinegar until dissolved.
- Then add your stock of choice and simmer gently for 15 minutes until thickened to a gravy-like consistency.
- Serve warm with your favorite protein!
As a cheese lover (and who isn’t, right?), this basic cheese sauce is a pantry must-have.
It’s incredibly simple to make, and it’s highly versatile.
You can spoon it over your favorite pasta dish, use it as a dip for veggies or chips, or even spread it on toast.
All you need are four ingredients – butter, flour, milk, and sharp cheddar cheese – and some patience while the sauce thickens up.
Pro Tip: If you want to experiment with different flavors of cheese sauces (like blue cheese or smoked gouda), try adding 1/2 cup of the cheese in place of the cheddar for each batch!
Lastly, why not dress your sweet potato gnocchi, spaghetti, or penne with a delicious Tomato Mascarpone Sauce?
This sauce is so creamy and packed full of flavor.
It’s made with mascarpone, dill, tomato paste, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
The combination of sweet and savory flavors makes this sauce a must-try.
Pro Tip: If you want to add some heat to the dish, try adding some red pepper flakes!
15 Sauces for Sweet Potato Gnocchi You Must Try
- Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Brown Butter Sage Sauce
- Rosemary Cream Sauce
- Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
- Burnt butter, sage and walnut sauce
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Tomato-saffron Cream Sauce
- Spinach Sauce
- Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- Spiced pancetta, tomato & basil sauce
- Mushroom and Onion Sauce
- Creamy Garlic and Herb Butter Sauce
- Caramelized Onion Gravy
- Basic Cheese Sauce
- Tomato Mascarpone Sauce
- Choose your favorite sauce from this collection to use for your meal.
- Prepare all of the required ingredients.
- Make your sauce in 15 minutes or less!