I love pumpkin gnocchi.
It’s not only delicious, but it’s also the perfect comfort food for cozy nights in.
But if there’s one thing that can make a good thing even better, it’s a great sauce.
That’s why I’ve compiled a list of 15 tasty sauces for pumpkin gnocchi that are easy to make.
From creamy carbonara to a classic butter sage sauce, you’re sure to find something on this list to tantalize your taste buds.
All of these recipes are simple to make and don’t require any complicated ingredients.
So, if you’re wondering what to add to your next pumpkin gnocchi dish, look no further than this list of 15 sauces.
1. Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
This garlic Parmesan cream sauce is a great way to add flavor and texture to your pasta.
- Start by heating the olive oil in a medium saucepan, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Next, stir in the vegetable broth, cream, rosemary and thyme.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes before adding the Parmesan cheese.
- Once it’s melted, you’ve got yourself an amazing flavorful sauce that’s perfect for any type of pasta dish!
Pro Tip: If you want to make this sauce even richer, add a bit of butter at the end so it coats each strand of pasta beautifully.
2. Brown Butter Sage Sauce
Simple, yet powerful.
Brown butter sage sauce adds an amazing layer of flavor to your favorite gnocchi dish.
- Start by browning the butter in a pan and adding in cracked pepper and fresh sage leaves, then simmer until fragrant (make sure not to burn!).
- Next, cook up some butternut squash ravioli or potato gnocchi, depending on what you’re feeling.
- Once cooked, toss everything together with a squeeze of lemon juice for that extra zing.
Pro Tip: If you want to get even more flavor out of the sauce, save some of the cooking liquid from the ravioli/gnocchi and add it into the browned butter before tossing with pasta!
3. Rosemary Cream Sauce
When you mix all the ingredients together, you get a delicious and creamy rosemary cream sauce that can be used to add flavor to any pasta dish.
This sauce is great for adding some extra richness, as well as some fragrant and earthy notes from the rosemary.
To make this sauce even more flavorful, try adding in a pinch of nutmeg or cayenne pepper for an extra kick.
Pro Tip: If you find your sauce too thick, add in a few tablespoons of milk to thin it out!
4. Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
Since you’re serving pumpkin gnocchi, why not take it up a notch with this creamy pumpkin sauce?
It’s made from fresh pumpkin puree, olive oil, dried sage, garlic, onion, and almond milk.
The combination of these ingredients creates an ultra-rich and flavorful sauce that is perfect for coating your gnocchi or any pasta dish you might have in mind!
For an extra flavor kick add a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon to the sauce before serving.
Pro Tip: To keep everything perfectly blended use an immersion blender when blending the sauce. This will help make sure all the flavors are evenly distributed throughout the sauce.
5. Burnt butter, sage, and walnut sauce
It doesn’t get much easier than this burnt butter, sage, and walnut sauce.
This combination of ingredients packs a flavorful punch that will instantly liven up your next pasta dish.
The key to this recipe is to really let the butter brown – you want it to be an amber color with flecks of black (aka ‘burnt’).
Add in the walnuts and sage leaves, season with salt and pepper, then toss it all together with whatever pasta you’re using.
Pro Tip: If you want to get extra fancy, add a splash of cream at the end for some added richness.
6. Roasted Tomato Sauce
Any Italian will tell you, the perfect pasta sauce is all about balance.
This roasted tomato sauce is no exception.
With the sweetness of balsamic vinegar and tomatoes, balanced with basil, oregano, garlic and onion – you’ll be in flavor heaven!
Pro Tip: Before adding your cooked pasta to this sauce, reserve a few tablespoons of cooking liquid to thin out the sauce if needed.
Stirring it together will help create an emulsified texture that coats every piece of pasta perfectly.
7. Tomato-saffron Cream Sauce
Unique, creamy, and bursting with flavor!
This Tomato-Saffron Cream Sauce is all that and more.
The combination of tomato, onion, garlic, thyme, and saffron makes for a truly delightful combination of flavors.
It’s the perfect sauce to add to your next pasta dish or even use as the base for a soup.
Make sure you give it enough time to simmer so all those flavors really come together – you’ll be glad you did!
Pro Tip: Sauteeing the onions in olive oil before adding them to the sauce will help bring out their sweetness.
8. Spinach Sauce
How about something healthy and delicious?
Spinach sauce is a great way to add flavor to your favorite pumpkin gnocchi recipe.
The combination of spinach, basil, coconut milk and nutritional yeast gives this sauce an incredibly creamy texture and flavor – all while providing you with some extra nutrition!
This sauce is also naturally vegan and gluten-free.
To make it even more flavorful, I recommend adding onion powder, garlic cloves, nutmeg, salt and pepper. And if you’re looking for a little bit of thickness, stir in cornstarch or potato starch.
9. Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Gorgonzola can be so much more than just a salad topping!
This creamy Gorgonzola cream sauce is the perfect way to add some pizzazz to your pasta dish.
It’s easy and can be ready in under 30 minutes.
- Start by sautéing garlic, parsley, dijon, black pepper, and salt.
- Then add gorgonzola, heavy cream and parmigiano reggiano.
- Simmer until thickened and you’ve got yourself a delicious sauce that will take your pasta dish to the next level!
Pro Tip: Add this sauce to cooked spaghetti or penne for a flavorful meal that everyone will love.
10. Spiced pancetta, tomato & basil sauce
Treat yourself to the full-bodied flavor of this spiced pancetta, tomato, and basil sauce.
- Start by sautéing the onion and pancetta in a large saucepan until they are golden brown – this will bring out an extra depth of flavor.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, chili, and basil, then simmer for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Pour it over your favorite pasta dish and you’ll be sure to impress!
Pro Tip: Make sure not to overcook the onion as it can taste bitter if burnt. Additionally, use Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes for a more authentic Italian flavor.
11. Mushroom and Onion Sauce
Easy and flavorful, this mushroom and onion sauce is the perfect topping for your favorite pasta dish.
- Start by melting butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions, season with salt and pepper, then sauté until softened – about 8 minutes.
- Finally, add the Worcestershire sauce and cook an additional 3 minutes or so until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve it over your favorite pasta for a meal that’s hearty and flavorful!
Pro Tip: If you want to add even more flavor to this dish, try adding some garlic powder or red pepper flakes while cooking.
12. Creamy Garlic and Herb Butter Sauce
Garlicky, creamy, and oh-so-delicious – this garlic and herb butter sauce is sure to elevate any pasta dish.
- Start by sautéing the garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes until lightly golden, then add in the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes until it has reduced by half.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, thyme, oregano and stir together until everything is combined.
- Serve over your favorite type of pasta for a flavor-packed meal!
Pro Tip: If you’re looking to make this dish dairy-free, swap out the cream for coconut milk or oat milk instead.
13. Caramelized Onion Sauce
Ah, caramelized onion sauce, a classic.
This sauce is perfect for adding an extra layer of flavor to your pasta dish or roasted vegetables.
The sweet onions are slowly cooked in butter and red wine until they become soft and golden brown – this process intensifies the flavors!
Then, you add the beef broth, salt and pepper.
The result is a rich and savory sauce that will take any dish up a notch.
Pro Tip: If you want to give it an extra kick, try adding some Worcestershire sauce or garlic powder at the end of cooking!
14. Basic Cheese Sauce
Basic, creamy cheese sauce is a great way to add flavor and texture to any gnocchi dish.
This recipe is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
- All you have to do is melt the butter, whisk in the flour, salt, and pepper until it forms a paste, then slowly add in the milk while stirring constantly.
- Finally, stir in your grated cheese until melted and smooth.
Pro Tip: Make sure you use sharp cheddar for maximum flavor!
15. Tomato Mascarpone Sauce
Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it – tomato mascarpone sauce is a delicious way to add flavor to your pumpkin gnocchi.
The mascarpone gives the sauce a creamy texture, while the tomato paste and lemon juice give it an acidic kick.
Add in some fresh dill for herby flavor, and salt and pepper for that extra zing.
Pro Tip: Try adding some sautéed veggies (mushrooms or bell peppers would be great) to make this dish even more substantial!
25 Simple Sauces for Gnocchi That Everyone Will Love
25 Cauliflower Gnocchi Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals
27 Gnocchi and Sausage Recipes We Can’t Resist
19 Gnocchi Recipes with Meat We Can’t Resist
What to Serve with Pan Fried Gnocchi (14 BEST Side Dishes)
What Meat to Serve with Gnocchi (26 Recipe Ideas)
15 Sauces for Pumpkin Gnocchi You Must Try
- Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Brown Butter Sage Sauce
- Rosemary Cream Sauce
- Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
- Burnt butter, sage and walnut sauce
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Tomato-saffron Cream Sauce
- Spinach Sauce
- Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- Spiced pancetta, tomato & basil sauce
- Mushroom and Onion Sauce
- Creamy Garlic and Herb Butter Sauce
- Caramelized Onion Sauce
- Basic Cheese Sauce
- Tomato Mascarpone Sauce
- Pick your favorite sauce from this collection to serve with your meal.
- Prepare all of the required ingredients.
- Make your sauce in 15 minutes or less!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.