As a host, you strive to serve a delicious meal that will impress your guests.
Sauces can take your meal to the next level, and there are plenty of options to choose from.
From classic flavors to more adventurous varieties, I’ve compiled 13 of my favorite sauces for flank steak that will make your guests swoon.
Whether you’re grilling for a special occasion or just want to add a little flair to your everyday meals, these sauces are sure to please.
With recipes for popular favorites like chimichurri and horseradish cream, you’ll find something to suit every taste.
Super simple, yet totally delicious, this garlic butter sauce is the perfect way to take your meal up a notch.
- All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Then just slather it on your favorite dish – grilled fish, steak, veggies – whatever you’re serving!
The garlic provides a nice kick that pairs well with anything.
Pro Tip: For an extra hit of flavor, try adding some freshly grated or ground parmesan cheese.
It’s no secret that Chimichurri Sauce adds a zesty kick to any dish, and luckily it’s easy to make!
Just throw all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
To serve, drizzle over grilled meats or veggies for an instant flavor boost.
You can also use it as a marinade, or even toss it with cooked pasta for extra oomph.
Pro Tip: Keep your sauce in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (in an airtight container) so that you can always have some on hand when needed!
I’m sure your guests will be impressed when you serve them a delicious steak with red wine reduction sauce!
- To make this flavorful and rich sauce, begin by heating up the butter or steak drippings in a large pan.
- Then add garlic and onions until softened.
- Add the red wine and balsamic vinegar and let it reduce down to half its original volume.
- Once reduced, add the beef stock, thyme sprigs, parsley leaves, and butter.
- Let this simmer for 10 minutes before serving over your favorite steak – alongside some mashed potatoes of course!
Pro Tip: Don’t forget to strain out the sprigs of thyme before serving so everyone has an enjoyable eating experience.
Easy, delicious, and impressive.
This soy-mustard sauce is a staple in my kitchen when I’m entertaining.
It takes just a few minutes to whip up, and can be used as a marinade or drizzled over grilled vegetables.
Simply mix the mustard powder with hot water in a bowl until a paste forms then stir in the vinegar and soy sauce.
Your guests will love it!
Pro Tip: For an extra kick of flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon of honey or garlic powder to your sauce.
I bet your guests won’t be expecting horseradish sauce!
This creamy and tangy sauce is the perfect condiment for steak, fish, or even a burger.
To make it, all you have to do is mix together sour cream, prepared horseradish, mayonnaise, chopped chives, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined.
You can also adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less horseradish.
Serve with your favorite meal to give it a delicious kick of flavor.
Treat your guests to a delicious and creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce.
It’s so easy to make, and you can do it in just a few simple steps.
- Start by frying the bacon until crispy, then add olive oil if needed.
- Add the rosemary leaves, garlic clove (remove core first), dijon mustard, and pure cream (35% milk fat) with no thickeners added.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens to desired consistency; season with salt and pepper to taste.
This sauce is perfect for steak, salmon, chicken dishes – whatever you’re serving up!
Pro Tip: For an even richer flavor, use double or heavy cream instead of regular cream. You can also adjust the amount of Dijon mustard depending on how strong or mild you want the flavor to be.
Go check your pantry, because you’ll need to whip up a batch of peppercorn sauce for your next dinner party.
This classic sauce is the perfect accompaniment to steak, or any other cut of meat.
- To make it, simply heat the oil in a pan and season your steaks with salt and pepper before searing them.
- Once cooked, set aside and deglaze the pan with brandy (or cognac) followed by beef stock and cream.
- Simmer until it reduces down then stir in the crushed peppercorns.
- Serve over your steak for an unforgettable meal that will wow everyone!
So you want to serve up a dish that will impress your guests?
Then you should definitely try out this delicious whiskey sauce.
It’s got a nice smoky flavor with a hint of sweetness, and it pairs perfectly with steak.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- For the steaks, rub them lightly with olive oil and season generously with Sweet Garlic & Onion Rub before grilling or pan-frying to desired doneness.
- Serve steaks hot, topped with whiskey sauce – bon appétit!
9. Chili Sauce
Flank steak is a great cut of beef to use in chili sauce due to its low-fat content and robust flavor.
- To make the chili sauce, simply combine all the ingredients (except the flank steak) together in a medium-sized pot and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Lastly, add the flank steak and simmer for an additional 10 minutes until it’s cooked to your desired preference.
This delicious sauce can be served over noodles, rice, tacos, or even used as a dip!
Pro Tip: You can adjust this recipe according to your spice preferences by adding more or less chili powder accordingly.
Once you go homemade, you’ll never want to buy store-bought sauce again!
Fresh Lemon Herb Tahini Sauce is a great option for any meal.
It’s light and creamy but full of flavor, thanks to the garlic, parsley, chives, cilantro, and lemon juice.
How to make it:
- First, mince the garlic cloves with the fresh herbs and salt.
- Then mix together the lemon juice, zest, and olive oil with the tahini until it forms a paste.
- Finally, add in water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or as an accompaniment to grilled vegetables for an impressive dish that will impress your guests!
11. Green Sauce
Although the sauce doesn’t look all that impressive, the flavor is definitely worth the effort.
It’s a tangy and vibrant sauce that pairs perfectly with steamed vegetables, grilled meats, and fish.
And, it could not be easier to make!
- Simply combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add more water if needed for desired consistency.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature – either way, you’ll love this delicious green sauce!
12. Gorgonzola Sauce
If you don’t mind a little bit of a kick, then this Gorgonzola sauce is the perfect addition to your meal.
It’s incredibly easy to make and takes less than 10 minutes.
- To begin, heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over low-medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Then add in 8 oz of gorgonzola dolce (or regular if you prefer) and stir until melted.
- Serve immediately over your favorite dish – I love it with ravioli or asparagus!
Pro Tip: If you want more flavor, try adding some garlic powder or freshly cracked black pepper before serving.
This one needs no introduction!
Caramelized onion gravy is the perfect accompaniment to any savory meal.
It’s rich and sweet with a subtle tangy finish.
If you’re looking to really impress your guests, this sauce will do it.
All you need to do is caramelize your onions in some butter or oil until they are golden brown, then add the sugar and balsamic vinegar – let that simmer for a few minutes before adding the stock.
Once everything has combined well, it’s ready to go!
Pro Tip: Add a splash of cream (or more butter if vegan) for an extra-rich flavor boost!
See More Sauce Recipes
13 Sauces for Flank Steak That You Must Try
- Garlic Butter Sauce
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- Soy-Mustard Sauce
- Horseradish Sauce
- Dijon Mustard Sauce
- Peppercorn Sauce
- Whiskey Sauce
- Chili Sauce
- Fresh Lemon Herb Tahini Sauce
- Green Sauce
- Gorgonzola Sauce
- Caramelized Onion Gravy
- Choose your favorite sauce from this collection.
- Prepare all of the required ingredients.
- Make your sauce in 15 minutes or less.