Are you looking for a delicious way to enjoy cauliflower?
Cauliflower steaks are the perfect solution.
They’re easy to make, healthy, and incredibly flavorful.
The only problem is that they can be a bit bland on their own.
That’s why it’s important to pair them with the right sauce or condiment.
In this article, I will share 17 of my favorite sauces for cauliflower steaks that will take your dish from ordinary to extraordinary!
17 Best Sauces For Cauliflower Steaks
Cauliflower steaks are a delicious and healthy way to enjoy this vegetable.
But, to really bring out their flavor, you’ll need the right sauce.
Here are 17 sauces that pair perfectly with cauliflower steaks:
Herby Avocado Sauce is a creamy, flavorful sauce made with avocados, herbs, and spices.
It’s perfect for drizzling over roasted cauliflower steaks or as a dip for vegetables.
The combination of fresh herbs and creamy avocado makes this sauce irresistible!
This herby avocado sauce can be customized to your taste by adding different herbs and spices.
Try adding garlic, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, lime juice, or even hot sauce for an extra kick.
You can also add some Greek yogurt or sour cream to make the sauce thicker and creamier.
Experiment with different combinations until you find the perfect flavor profile for your cauliflower steaks!
Chimichurri is a traditional Argentinian sauce made from fresh herbs, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar.
It is typically served with grilled meats such as steak or chicken but can also be used to dress vegetables like cauliflower steaks.
The bright flavors of the herbs and acidity of the vinegar make it an ideal accompaniment for roasted or grilled vegetables.
While classic chimichurri is usually made with parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil, and red wine vinegar, there are many variations on this recipe.
Some recipes call for adding cilantro instead of parsley or using white wine vinegar in place of red wine vinegar.
You can also add other ingredients such as capers or olives to give the sauce more depth and complexity.
Cilantro sauce is a creamy, flavorful condiment made with cilantro, garlic, and other ingredients.
It can be used as a dip or spread for sandwiches and wraps, or as a topping for tacos, burritos, salads, and more.
- Traditional Cilantro Sauce: This version of the sauce is made with fresh cilantro leaves blended with mayonnaise or sour cream and garlic.
- Spicy Cilantro Sauce: To add some heat to your sauce, try adding jalapeños or chili peppers to the mix.
- Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce: For an extra creamy texture and flavor boost, blend in some ripe avocado along with the cilantro leaves.
- Lime Cilantro Sauce: Add a zesty twist by blending in freshly squeezed lime juice along with the other ingredients.
Romesco sauce is a traditional Spanish sauce made from roasted red peppers, almonds, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar.
It has a thick texture and a slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with vegetables like cauliflower steaks.
- Roasted Red Pepper & Almond Romesco Sauce – This version of the classic romesco sauce uses roasted red peppers and almonds for a nutty flavor.
- Tomato & Walnut Romesco Sauce – This variation adds tomatoes to the mix for an extra layer of sweetness. The walnuts add crunch and depth of flavor.
- Smoked Paprika & Hazelnut Romesco Sauce – For an earthy twist on the classic recipe, try adding smoked paprika and hazelnuts to your romesco sauce. The smoky flavors will bring out the best in your cauliflower steaks!
5. Tomato Sauce
Tomato sauce is a type of sauce made from tomatoes, usually cooked and seasoned with herbs and spices.
It is commonly used as a base for other sauces or as an accompaniment to various dishes.
- Marinara Sauce: A classic Italian tomato sauce made with garlic, onions, oregano, basil, and sometimes red pepper flakes.
- Arrabbiata Sauce: An Italian tomato sauce made with garlic, onions, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
- Puttanesca Sauce: An Italian tomato sauce made with olives, capers, anchovies, garlic, oregano and chili peppers.
- Bolognese Sauce: An Italian meat-based tomato sauce typically served over pasta.
- Alfredo Sauce: A creamy white cheese sauce often served over fettuccine noodles.
6. Cream Sauce
Cream sauce is a type of sauce made with cream, butter, and flour.
It can be used as a base for many different types of sauces, such as cheese sauces or white sauces.
The cream adds richness and flavor to the sauce while the butter and flour help thicken it.
- Cheese Sauce: Add grated cheese to the basic cream sauce recipe for a cheesy twist.
- White Sauce: Use chicken broth instead of milk in the basic recipe for a savory white sauce that’s perfect for topping cauliflower steaks.
- Mustard Sauce: Stir in Dijon mustard or whole grain mustard into your cream sauce for an extra kick of flavor.
- Herbed Cream Sauce: Add fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, oregano, or basil to give your cream sauce an herbal boost.
Creamy mushroom sauce is a rich and flavorful sauce made with mushrooms, cream, butter, garlic, and herbs.
It is often used to top steaks or other proteins but can also be served over vegetables such as cauliflower steaks.
The creamy texture of the sauce helps to bring out the flavor of the mushrooms while adding an extra layer of richness to any dish.
- Add white wine for a more complex flavor
- Use vegetable broth instead of cream for a vegan version
- Substitute shallots for onions
- Add fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary
- Use different types of mushrooms such as shiitake or portobello
Salsa is a type of sauce made from tomatoes, onions, peppers, and other ingredients.
It can be used as a dip or condiment for tacos, burritos, chips, and other Mexican dishes.
It is also commonly served with grilled meats such as steak or chicken.
- Pico de Gallo: A fresh salsa made with chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapenos (optional), lime juice and salt.
- Salsa Verde: A green salsa made with tomatillos instead of tomatoes. It has a tart flavor that pairs well with grilled meats and vegetables.
- Mango Salsa: A sweet and spicy salsa made with mangoes, red onion, jalapeno pepper (optional), cilantro leaves and lime juice.
- Roasted Tomato Salsa: A smoky salsa made by roasting tomatoes in the oven until they are charred on the outside but still juicy inside. The roasted tomatoes are then blended together with garlic cloves and spices to create a flavorful sauce perfect for topping cauliflower steaks or any other dish you desire!
9. Tahini Sauce
Tahini sauce is a creamy, nutty condiment made from ground sesame seeds.
It is commonly used in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine as a dip or dressing for salads, vegetables, and meats.
It can also be used as an ingredient in hummus, baba ghanoush, and other dishes.
- Traditional tahini sauce: Made with tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt and pepper to taste.
- Greek yogurt tahini sauce: Made with plain Greek yogurt instead of water for a creamier texture.
- Spicy tahini sauce: Add chili flakes or hot sauce to the traditional recipe for some extra kick.
- Herbed tahini sauce: Add fresh herbs such as parsley or cilantro to the traditional recipe for added flavor.
10. Garlic Aioli
Garlic aioli is a creamy, garlicky condiment made with garlic, olive oil, egg yolks, and lemon juice.
It is often used as a dip or spread for sandwiches and can also be used to top roasted vegetables like cauliflower steaks.
- Roasted Garlic Aioli: Roast the garlic before adding it to the aioli for an even more intense flavor.
- Chipotle Aioli: Add some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for smoky heat.
- Herbed Aioli: Mix in some fresh herbs such as parsley or basil for added flavor.
- Mustard Aioli: Add some Dijon mustard to give the aioli an extra kick of flavor.
11. Ranch Dip
Ranch dip is a creamy, tangy condiment made from mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk.
It is flavored with herbs such as dill, parsley, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
The dip can be used as a dressing for salads or served as a dipping sauce for vegetables and chips.
- Greek yogurt ranch dip: Substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream to make a lighter version of the dip.
- Avocado ranch dip: Add mashed avocado to the mix for an extra creamy texture and flavor boost.
- Spicy ranch dip: Add some hot sauce or chili flakes to give it some kick.
- Herb ranch dip: Mix in fresh herbs like basil or cilantro for an herbal twist on classic ranch flavor.
Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing is a delicious and healthy way to dress up your cauliflower steaks.
This creamy dressing combines the flavors of avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and olive oil for a flavorful sauce that will bring out the best in your cauliflower steaks.
- Add some diced jalapeno or red pepper flakes for an extra kick of heat.
- Swap out the cilantro for fresh parsley or basil if you prefer.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a lighter version.
- For a vegan option, use almond milk instead of dairy milk.
- Add some honey or agave nectar to balance out the tartness of the lime juice.
13. Curry Lime Aioli
Curry Lime Aioli is a creamy, flavorful sauce made with mayonnaise, curry powder, lime juice and zest.
It’s perfect for adding a kick of flavor to cauliflower steaks or any other vegetable dish.
- For a spicier version, add some cayenne pepper or chili flakes to the mix.
- To make it vegan-friendly, substitute the mayonnaise with vegan mayo or mashed avocado.
- If you want to give it an Asian twist, add some grated ginger and sesame oil.
- For a smoky flavor, try adding smoked paprika instead of regular paprika.
Garlic herb sauce is a creamy, flavorful condiment made with garlic, herbs, and other ingredients such as mayonnaise or yogurt.
It can be used to top cauliflower steaks or any other vegetable dish for added flavor.
- Classic Garlic Herb Sauce: This version combines mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, chives, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Greek Yogurt Garlic Herb Sauce: This variation uses Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for a healthier option. The same herbs are used along with garlic and lemon juice.
- Creamy Avocado Garlic Herb Sauce: For an even creamier sauce that adds some healthy fats to the mix, try this avocado version which also includes cilantro in addition to the classic herbs.
- Spicy Chipotle Garlic Herb Sauce: If you like your sauces with a kick of heat then this chipotle version is sure to please! It combines mayo or Greek yogurt with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus all the classic herbs and garlic.
Honey mustard sauce is a condiment made from honey, mustard, and other ingredients such as mayonnaise or sour cream.
It is often used as a dip for vegetables, sandwiches, and fried foods.
- Classic Honey Mustard Sauce: This version combines equal parts of honey and Dijon mustard with a bit of mayonnaise to create a creamy texture.
- Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce: To make this variation, add some hot sauce or cayenne pepper to the classic recipe for an extra kick.
- Sweet & Sour Honey Mustard Sauce: For this version, combine equal parts of honey and yellow mustard with some apple cider vinegar for tartness.
- Creamy Honey Mustard Sauce: To make this rich sauce, mix together equal parts of honey and Dijon mustard with some sour cream or Greek yogurt.
16. Jalapeño Aioli
Jalapeño aioli is a creamy, spicy condiment made with jalapeños, garlic, and mayonnaise.
It has a bright flavor that pairs perfectly with roasted vegetables like cauliflower steaks.
- For an extra kick of heat, add more jalapeños or use hotter varieties such as serrano peppers.
- To make it vegan, substitute the mayonnaise for veganaise or another plant-based alternative.
- To give it a smoky flavor, try adding smoked paprika or chipotle powder to the mix.
- For an Asian twist, add some sesame oil and rice vinegar to the mix.
- If you want to cut down on fat content without sacrificing flavor, try using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
Garlic blue cheese dip is a creamy, savory sauce made with garlic, blue cheese, and mayonnaise.
It’s perfect for dipping cauliflower steaks or other vegetables.
- Add some hot sauce to give the dip a kick of heat.
- Swap out the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt to make it lighter and healthier.
- Use different types of cheeses such as feta or goat cheese instead of blue cheese.
- Add herbs like parsley or chives for extra flavor.
In conclusion, there are many delicious sauces that can be used to enhance the flavor of cauliflower steaks.
From herby avocado sauce to garlic blue cheese dip, the possibilities are endless.
The best sauces for cauliflower steaks are herby avocado sauce, chimichurri, cilantro sauce, romesco sauce, tomato sauce, cream sauce, creamy mushroom sauce, salsa, tahini sauce, garlic aioli, ranch dip, avocado cilantro lime sauce, curry lime aioli, garlic herb sauce, honey mustard sauce, jalapeño aioli, and garlic blue cheese dip.
Each of these sauces brings something unique to the table, so try them all and find the perfect sauce for you.
With these sauces, you can transform your cauliflower steaks into something truly special.
17 Best Sauces For Cauliflower Steaks
- Herby Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Sauce
- Romesco Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Cream Sauce
- Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Tahini Sauce
- Garlic Aioli
- Ranch Dip
- Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Curry Lime Aioli
- Garlic Herb Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Jalapeño Aioli
- Garlic Blue Cheese Dip
- Select your favorite sauce.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a sauce in 25 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.