Are you a fan of comté cheese?
If so, you’re in luck!
I have rounded up 12 mouth-watering comte cheese recipes that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
From classic grilled cheese sandwiches to more complex dishes like mac and cheese, these recipes will take your comte cheese experience to the next level.
Each recipe is easy-to-follow, making it simple to create an amazing dish that your family will love.
So let’s get cooking!
French Onion Soup
When you add comte cheese to your French Onion Soup, make sure to use freshly-grated cheese for the best flavor.
Add a few cloves of garlic and some chopped potatoes to the soup to give it a heartier texture.
To bring out the flavor of the onions and cheese, use a good quality butter and a splash of white wine.
Finally, season your soup with salt, pepper, and some chopped parsley and bay leaves.
Related: 17 Best Sandwiches for French Onion Soup
Croque-Monsieur (gourmet version)
Why not impress your family and friends with a delicious, yet easy-to-make gourmet version of the classic French dish, Croque-Monsieur?
- Start by buttering the sandwich bread and then layering the slices with ham or smoked chicken, grated cheese, and slices of Comté, Gruyère, or mature cheddar cheese.
- Mix together the double cream, vegetable stock cube, nutmeg, and Parmesan cheese (if available) and pour the mixture over the layered sandwich bread.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with a side of fresh salad or raw vegetables for an impressive and delicious meal!
Use-up Ham & Egg Pie
Who can say no to a delicious and easy-to-make Use-up Ham & Egg Pie!
This traditional British dish is a great way to make use of leftover ham, and it’s also perfect for a light weeknight dinner.
- To make it, simply boil the potatoes and mash them with butter, then spread in an ovenproof dish.
- Top with chunks of ham, the eggs (halved), and the grated cheese.
- Mix the mustard with the milk, season with salt and pepper, and pour over the pie.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes, then top with tomato slices if desired.
Spinach and mushroom pasta
I love pasta when I’m short on time, and this spinach and mushroom dish is a great option.
It takes less than 30 minutes and is really tasty.
Use whatever pasta you have in the cupboard and feel free to mix and match with different cheeses for a unique flavor.
Add a splash of milk to get a creamy texture and ensure you finely chop the shallots for the best results.
I hate throwing away food, so this leftovers carbonara is the perfect way to use up those extra slices of ham from Christmas.
Make sure to use both Parmesan and Comte cheese for the best flavor, and season to taste.
Crushed garlic and butter add an extra layer of flavor, and the eggs help to make it creamy and delicious.
Related: What to Do with Leftover Carbonara Sauce (14 Ideas)
Courgette & Bacon Frittata
If you don’t mind a bit of prep, this delicious Courgette & Bacon Frittata is an easy way to use up surplus ingredients and make an incredible meal.
Chop the veggies small but not minuscule, and don’t forget to wash the courgettes first.
Use whatever hard cheese you have on hand, and don’t forget the fresh parsley for a nice garnish.
Related: 12 Herbs that Pair Perfectly with Bacon
Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata
Trust this frittata for a flavorful and easy meal.
Cook the potatoes first to ensure they’re tender and golden.
For a spicy kick, leave the chili seeds in.
To make the frittata go further, add some leafy greens to the mix.
Finally, don’t forget to top it with the grated Comté cheese for a delicious finish.
Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin
You know, when it comes to side dishes, this cheesy hasselback potato gratin is definitely a winner!
For an extra layer of flavor, try adding 6 slices of crispy crumbled bacon to the top, and don’t forget to finish it off with some chopped green chives.
To make slicing the potatoes easier, try soaking them in water before slicing.
Related: 12 Meats to Serve with Hasselback Potatoes
Instant pot egg bites
Your kids are going to love these Instant Pot Egg Bites!
Make sure to use a good blender for the chives, and consider adding some optional ingredients to mix up the flavors.
Make sure to use a cooking spray on the egg bites silicone mold before adding the ingredients, and make sure to use a trivet with long handles so the mold can sit safely in the Instant Pot.
Finally, cover the mold with foil to give the egg bites a nice shape.
I think most people can agree that scalloped potatoes are an underrated side dish.
To make the best scalloped potatoes, try using Comte cheese (or a Gruyère substitute) and a dash of smoked paprika.
Slice the potatoes to a medium thickness for optimal baking time and texture.
Finally, for a richer flavor, use cream instead of milk.
Related: 10 Best Salads For Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
O’gratin chicory and ham
I’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t love this classic French dish.
The combination of chicory and ham is irresistible, and it’s a great way to use up any leftovers.
To enhance the flavor, add a tablespoon of butter, olive oil, or Vegeta to the chicory before baking.
And don’t forget to season with salt and pepper! Finally, this dish tastes best when re-heated the next day – so don’t be afraid to make a double batch!
Here are 5 tips for the perfect gratin:
- Use Comté cheese, as it has the best flavor
- Pre-cook the chicory to soften them
- Layer the chicory and ham in the dish to ensure even coverage
- Cover the dish with enough cream and cheese to form a golden layer
- Bake until golden and bubbling
Mimolette And Comté Macaroni And Cheese
Most families have their favorite mac and cheese recipes, but this one is sure to be a hit!
To make it extra special, use fresh breadcrumbs, and don’t forget the piment d’espelette or chile powder for a touch of spice.
For a creamy and cheesy mac and cheese, use a combination of mimolette and comté cheeses.
To make sure the mac and cheese is cooked perfectly, don’t forget to season with salt and pepper and cook the pasta al dente.
Here are 5 tips for making the perfect mac and cheese:
- Use fresh breadcrumbs
- Don’t forget to season
- Use a combination of different cheeses
- Cook the pasta al dente
- Add a pinch of piment d’espelette or mild chile powder for a little heat
Related: What Spices to Put in Mac and Cheese: 23 Best Spices
12 Ways To Cook With Comte Cheese
- French Onion Soup
- Croque-Monsieur (gourmet version)
- Use-up Ham & Egg Pie
- Spinach and mushroom pasta
- Leftovers Carbonara
- Courgette & Bacon Frittata
- Use-up Ham, Shallot, Chili & Pepper Frittata
- Cheesy Hasselback Potato Gratin
- Instant pot egg bites
- Scalloped Potatoes
- O'gratin chicory and ham
- Mimolette And Comté Macaroni And Cheese
- Pick your favorite recipe from this list to serve for dinner tonight.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.