Are you looking for new and exciting ways to use pecorino cheese?
If so, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we’ll be exploring 17 delicious and unique pecorino cheese recipes that you can try out in the kitchen.
From classic Italian dishes to modern takes on old favorites, you’re sure to find something to satisfy your taste buds.
So, let’s get cooking!
Many people will say that Maltagliati with creamy saffron leeks and pecorino is a real winner.
To make the most of this dish, be sure to use leftover cuts from tagliatelle.
To get the most out of the saffron, let it steep in warm milk for at least 20 minutes.
Finally, don’t forget to season with salt and pepper to taste.
Here are 5 tips to make it even better:
- Use freshly grated pecorino cheese for a more intense flavor
- Add some garlic for a subtle sweet and spicy kick
- Add a splash of white wine for a bright, acidic finish
- Add a dollop of creme fraiche for extra creaminess
- Top with freshly chopped parsley for a pop of color
Nobody can turn down a delicious Harissa Turkey Steak dinner!
Make sure to season your turkey steaks well with salt and pepper.
For the vegetables, lightly sauté them with a bit of olive oil before adding them to the pan to cook.
For the sauce, make sure to use a good quality pecorino, which will add a nice salty flavor.
Finally, don’t forget to squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the steaks before serving for an extra zing of flavor.
A pie is like a blank canvas, so use whatever mushrooms you have to create this delicious savory Ricotta, Porcini and Pecorino Pie.
Make sure to use a generous amount of olive oil to ensure that the mushrooms are cooked through and the flavors are fully developed.
If you have leftovers, don’t worry – this pie tastes even better the next day!
This torta salata is an amazing combination of pancetta, mushrooms, and pecorino cheese – it’s delicious!
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your pie:
- Make sure you use fresh ingredients – the quality of your ingredients will make or break this recipe.
- Feel free to add any other vegetables you fancy to the mixture.
- Don’t skimp on the cheese – use a generous amount of pecorino cheese for a tasty filling.
- If you have time, make the pastry from scratch for an even tastier result.
- If you’re taking this pie to a picnic, make sure to store it at the right temperature to keep it fresh.
I think we can all agree that everyone loves a good pasta dish.
This Pasta with Pancetta, Pecorino, and Asparagus is a great way to enjoy a delicious Italian meal in no time.
- Start by boiling the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a pan and sauté the pancetta, onion, and asparagus until lightly browned.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan and stir in the Pecorino and salt to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
A few tips and tricks to make this dish even better:
- If you like your pasta saucier, add a bit of the starchy cooking water from the pasta to the pan.
- Use a good quality Pecorino for better flavor.
- If you don’t have pancetta, you can substitute it with bacon.
- If you want to make the dish a bit lighter, try replacing the Pecorino with Parmigiano Reggiano.
If you’re looking for a summery salad that’s full of flavor and texture, look no further than this broad bean and pecorino salad.
Taking the time to slowly pop the beans out of their pods is part of the process and what makes this salad so special.
Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper to your desired level of taste.
Serve with a nice block of pecorino for an extra touch of flavor.
Ah, fresh pasta with tomato and pecorino!
What could be better?
This classic Italian dish is full of flavor and a breeze to make.
The best part is that it’s vegetarian, too!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this delicious meal in no time.
To make it even better, you can opt to use fresh orecchiette pasta to take it up a notch.
Try this recipe for a classic Italian meal that is sure to please.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use fresh orecchiette for an extra delicious meal
- Add a pinch of salt to your tomato sauce for extra flavor
- Use good quality Pecorino cheese for a richer taste
- Add a generous glug of olive oil to make your sauce extra creamy
This dish reminds me of Rome!
It’s incredibly quick, easy, and delicious.
Spaghetti with pancetta, tomatoes, and pecorino cheese is a great recipe to make when you’re in a rush but still want something tasty.
This dish is sure to please everyone, and you can adjust the amount of pecorino cheese to your liking.
Here are some tips and tricks to make this recipe even better:
- Use good quality pancetta for the best flavor
- Cook the spaghetti al dente for the best texture
- Add a touch of olive oil for a little bit of extra flavor
- For a little bit of heat, add a pinch of chili flakes
I love curry – and I bet you do too!
So why not try out this delicious Curried Roast Cauliflower with Pecorino Romano recipe?
With just a few simple ingredients, this dish will become a regular in your dinner rotation.
It’s easy to make, and the flavors will have you coming back for more.
Plus, cauliflower is a great source of fiber and other vitamins and minerals, so you can feel good about what you’re eating.
Here are a few tips for making the most of this yummy dish:
- Use high-quality curry powder for the best flavor
- Add some extra cumin for an extra kick
- Toast the Pecorino Romano for extra crunch
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top for added richness
- Serve with a side of cooked grains and/or a green salad for a complete meal.
Seriously, who can say no to this Super Creamy Cheesy Carbonara?
It’s the perfect combination of rich and creamy with just the right amount of cheese. Combining egg yolks and grated Pecorino Romano, this dish is a delicious classic that can be enjoyed by anyone.
To make this dish, you’ll need some olive oil, garlic, button mushrooms, heavy cream, corn flour, black or white pepper, and salt.
You can also add pancetta or any type of meat for a more flavorful dish.
On top of that, you’ll need to prepare some egg yolks and grated parmesan cheese or pecorino Romano cheese for topping.
This dish is relatively simple to make and can be enjoyed by everyone.
Here are some tips and tricks to make sure you get the perfect Super Creamy Cheesy Carbonara:
- Make sure to fry the pancetta until it is crispy, then dice or cut it into small pieces
- Use fresh ingredients such as fresh milk and cream when making the sauce
- Don’t forget to season the sauce with salt and black or white pepper
- Use fresh egg yolks to ensure a creamy sauce
- Lastly, don’t forget to top the dish with grated parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese for an extra cheesy kick!
This recipe has a way of transporting you to Amatrice, the small town in the province of Rieti, Italy where it was created!
The bucatini all’amatriciana is a delicious pasta dish that combines the easy-to-preserve products of the shepherds during the transhumance such as guanciale, pecorino cheese, and tomatoes, making it a classic Italian dish.
The spicy chili pepper and the white wine make it even more flavorful and special.
Tips and tricks for making this recipe:
- Use high-quality ingredients for a great flavor
- Let the bacon cook slowly to get a crispy texture
- Don’t forget to season with salt
- Use the best extra-virgin olive oil for a delicious aroma
- Cook the bucatini for about 8 minutes for an al dente texture
When I say creamy pasta, the first thing that comes to mind is this delicious Creamy Romanesco Pasta!
This pasta dish is the perfect combination of creamy and crunchy, with the romanesco broccoli adding a unique flavor.
- To make it, simply boil your favorite pasta, like rigatoni, with a pinch of salt.
- Then, make a creamy sauce with garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan or pecorino cheese.
- Finally, top it with toasted almonds, pine nuts, or pistachios for a crunchy finish.
Tips & Tricks:
- Use a good quality olive oil for the sauce
- Toast the nuts in a pan with a little bit of butter
- Choose a high-quality cheese to really make the flavors pop
- For a vegan version, substitute the Parmesan or pecorino with nutritional yeast
- For a spicier kick, add some chili flakes to the sauce
I know this recipe sounds odd to some, but trust me, it’s delicious!
Anchovy and tomato bucatini pasta is a non-cheesy dish that is surprisingly flavorful and filling.
The combination of anchovies, garlic, chili, and tomatoes gives this pasta a unique kick.
Make sure to cook the pasta al dente, and don’t forget to season it with salt and pepper.
To make it even better, add some pecorino cheese as a topping.
Here are some tips when making this dish:
- Use the best quality anchovies and olive oil you can find
- Pre-soak the anchovies to take out the saltiness
- Don’t forget to add the tomatoes at the end
- If you want to make the dish spicier, add more chili
- Serve with a side of freshly grated pecorino cheese for an extra flavor boost
I bet you’re looking for a new pasta dish that’s easy, tasty, and sure to please the whole family.
Look no further, because Pasta Alla Vodka is all that and more!
This classic Italian dish is a great way to use up leftover bacon or pancetta, and the addition of Calabrian chili or chili flakes gives it a unique kick.
And with only 30 minutes of preparation and cooking time, it’s the perfect weeknight dinner.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the most of this dish:
- Use high-quality vodka for the best flavor
- Add more Calabrian chili or chili flakes, if desired
- Use Pecorino Romano cheese, not Parmesan
- Serve with a green side salad for a complete meal
Don’t think of Italian pasta and Japanese noodles as limited to one or the other – they can make a delicious combination!
Try making Udon Carbonara – a creamy, savory dish that uses udon noodles instead of traditional spaghetti.
The combination of the thick and rubbery udon noodles and creamy sauce makes for a delicious dish that’s sure to please.
Here are some tips and tricks for making this dish:
- Use frozen udon noodles for the best results
- Cut the pancetta or bacon into small pieces
- Add a dash of black pepper for extra flavor
- Use either pecorino or parmesan cheese
- Don’t forget to add salt to taste
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley for a colorful finish
Related: 9 Best Cheeses for Carbonara
This recipe requires a bit more preparation time, but the effort pays off with an exquisite Corsican pie that is a delicious and unique twist on a classic dish.
Yottam Ottolenghi’s recipe combines olive oil, red onion, celery, Swiss chard, garlic, mint, parsley, feta and pecorino cheese, and pine nuts, with a puff pastry base and ricotta, and optional zucchini flowers.
The result is a flavorful, aromatic, and delightful pie that is sure to impress your guests.
- Use a good quality all butter puff pastry for best results.
- If adding zucchini flowers, lightly sauté them first in a bit of olive oil.
- Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper.
- For a golden, crisp crust, brush the pastry with a beaten egg before baking.
You know what they say: “When life gives you figs, make a tart!”
This Fig & Prosciutto Tart is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that can be served for a party, picnic, or for afternoon snack.
The combination of sweet figs and salty prosciutto on top of a creamy mascarpone cheese and Pecorino Romano cheese tart makes this dish a real crowd-pleaser.
Drizzle with a balsamic glaze for an extra delicious kick.
Here are some tips for making the perfect tart:
- Use ripe stone fruits as a substitute for figs
- Serve at room temperature for the best taste
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the mascarpone cheese for extra flavor
- Use puff pastry for the tart base
- Sprinkle arugula over the tart before baking
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving
17 Ways To Use Pecorino Cheese
- Maltagliati with creamy saffron leeks and pecorino
- Harissa turkey steaks with fennel/broccoli/asparagus and lemon-pecorino sauce for Jamo
- Ricotta, porcini and pecorino pie
- Torta salata – pancetta, mushroom and pecorino pie
- Pasta with pancetta, pecorino and asparagus
- Broad bean & pecorino salad
- Fresh pasta with tomato and pecorino
- Spaghetti with pancetta, tomatoes and pecorino
- Curried roast cauliflower with Pecorino Romano
- Super Creamy Cheesy Carbonara
- Pasta all' amatriciana
- Creamy romanesco pasta without cream
- Anchovy and tomato bucatini pasta
- Pasta Alla Vodka
- Udon Carbonara
- Corsican pie with zucchini flowers
- Fig & Prosciutto Tart
- Pick your favorite recipe from this list to serve for dinner tonight.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Serve in no time!