If you’re looking for ways to spice up your diet, one of the best ways to do so is to use canned jalapenos.
They’re available in a variety of styles and sizes, and you can even find them in liquid form, which is perfect for making delicious spicy soups and stews.
While they might not be as spicy as the fresh peppers that are readily available, these canned jalapenos are still a great way to add flavor to your meals.
You can make any number of dishes with them, from traditional Mexican dishes like enchiladas to American comfort food favorites like chicken pot pie.
The following assortment of recipes will take you on a culinary adventure and make using canned jalapenos much easier.
Why Consider Using Canned Jalapenos Instead of Fresh Jalapenos?
Fresh jalapenos are a great addition to dishes – especially if you’re looking to spice up your meals.
However, they can be a bit of a challenge to work with.
You need to make sure they’re fresh, you have to keep them stored correctly, and they can be a bit pricey.
While they’re worth the effort, it’s much easier to get jalapenos from the canned variety.
Plus, if you want to save some money, these cans can be bought in bulk.
It can be a great way to save money and enjoy the convenience of having fresh jalapenos for your cooking.
11 Easy Canned Jalapenos Recipes
When it comes to canned jalapeno peppers, there are just too many choices to count.
The most important thing when choosing a jalapeno is that it be hot. You don’t want anything that is going to be like eating an ice cube (if that makes any sense).
If you are trying to figure out what to use your jalapeno for, one of these 11 recipes will probably work for you.
1. Jalapeno Poppers
You’ve heard of jalapeno poppers, right? They’re a classic food, and they’re easy to make! Canned jalapenos are a convenient substitute for fresh peppers, especially if you’re running low on the latter.
These poppers are fun, and they’re an easy appetizer or snack, as well as a tasty addition to your favorite Mexican dishes.
Here are some tips for making this classic dish better than ever:
- Be sure to use canned jalapenos, not fresh ones. They’re easier to use.
- Keep the skins on the peppers to retain the juice and flavor.
- Go for a smaller pepper to cut down on the amount of heat you experience.
2. Baked Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese
Canned jalapeños have become a go-to food item in many households. And now we’re bringing this food trend to the macaroni and cheese recipe!
This is the perfect dish to add some spice to your meal, thanks to the spicy peppers in the filling, as well as the hint of cayenne pepper in the cheese sauce.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This baked jalapeño popper mac and cheese recipe is so easy to make, you’ll find yourself making it over and over again!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Baked Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese:
- Use a combination of peppers and adjust the amount of cheese to your liking.
- Adjust the spices to suit your taste, but be sure to add a little bit of heat to spice things up!
- Serve with chips for dipping or use in place of regular macaroni for a change of pace!
3. Jalapeno Popper Dip
Canned jalapenos are a great pantry staple. They’re inexpensive, versatile, and easy to use. This dip has a kick of heat that will satisfy even the biggest jalapeno lovers! It’s also simple to prepare, and it’s easy to store and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Here are 3 tips:
- Serve these with your favorite chips or crackers.
- Use only fresh or good-quality canned jalapenos.
- To help retain flavor, avoid boiling the can of jalapenos for more than 30 minutes.
4. Skillet Corn with Jalapeno
If you want to kick it up a notch, spice it up, and get a bit of a kick, then this is the recipe for you! It’s a fun and unique way to add a spicy kick to your corn dishes.
Make this skillet corn recipe as the base for your own dishes, or simply serve as it is. Either way, your family and guests will love the flavor!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Skillet Corn:
- Heat the corn in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add some olive oil, butter, or other vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning, and stir until well coated.
5. Jalapeno Guacamole
If you want guacamole that’s a little different than the run-of-the-mill dip, this recipe is for you! This one is creamy, savory, and slightly spicy. The perfect accompaniment to tortilla chips, it’s also a delicious and healthy snack on its own.
You will love this recipe because it’s so quick and easy to make. All you need is avocados, canned jalapenos, and cilantro, and you can have a refreshing and zesty snack on the go.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making Delicious Jalapeno Guacamole:
- Use organic avocados. They’re much more flavorful.
- Cut up your jalapenos finely so they add a nice kick of flavor and spice.
- Add some lime juice for an extra tangy taste.
6. Jalapeno Cilantro Mexican Corn Salad
1. We love this spicy canned jalapeno corn salad, and we bet you will too! There are so many ways to eat this easy-to-prepare dish, you’re sure to find something that suits your palate. It makes a great side for tacos, nachos, quesadillas, and wraps.
It’s also a great addition to a garden or picnic basket. The cilantro adds a fresh, peppery taste that really complements the heat of the jalapenos. It goes well with all kinds of Mexican dishes, so be sure to try it out!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making A Spicy Cilantro Jalapeno Corn Salad:
- Serve it as an appetizer to get your guests excited about the rest of the meal.
- Use a variety of veggies, like carrots, radishes, red bell pepper, or lettuce, to add freshness.
- Add some avocado for a creamy and healthy topping!
7. Jalapeno Pizza
Want something fun to serve for a summer picnic, a party, or as a main course? This recipe is a quick and easy way to impress your guests! It’s a favorite of ours, and we’re sure it’ll be yours too!
You’ll find yourself making it again and again. Jalapenos give this pizza a kick that will leave your guests begging for more!
8. Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas
1. The most popular canned jalapeno recipes are the ones that are chunky and delicious, packed with flavor. This recipe is no different. It’s a simple enchilada recipe, with a few easy-to-make additions that give it a tasty twist.
It’s an easy dish to whip up, so feel free to make it your own. The best part about this recipe is that you can enjoy it as a main dish or a side dish, and that it makes a great quick lunch for work or school.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making Delicious Enchiladas:
- Keep the cheese on top of the filling to give it a crispy, toasted topping.
- Add some sliced or diced jalapenos to add extra spice to your enchiladas.
- Serve it with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
9. Jalapeno Black Beans
These are the perfect side dish or snack for when you’re in the mood for something spicy. They are so easy to make, and they taste like the kind you’d get at your favorite Mexican restaurant, but without the hefty price tag.
They’re also a great way to bring some heat to an everyday meal or party. Jalapenos are a must-have ingredient to have in your pantry. You can use them in so many recipes, so don’t be afraid to experiment.
You can also swap the canned jalapenos for different or fresh peppers. Just be sure to add them to a recipe for the same amount of heat.
10. Tomato Jalapeño Salsa
Have you ever tried jalapeños in a different way? We love using them as an appetizer, but there are so many other ways to incorporate them into a meal. This tomato salsa is one of our favorites, because it’s full of flavor and makes the simplest recipe a delight!
For this recipe, you’ll need just two ingredients: canned diced tomatoes and canned jalapeños. With that, you’re ready to go! The only thing left to do is mix together the ingredients, and serve it up with chips for a refreshing snack or alongside a grilled steak for a hearty dinner.
The best part is that it tastes great on its own, or as a condiment for grilled meats.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Tomato Jalapeño Salsa:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- It may not look pretty when it’s done, but it will still taste great!
- Make sure you keep a bowl of crushed tortilla chips on hand!
11. Watermelon Cucumber Jalapeno Salad
Jalapenos are a wonderful part of life, and they’re perfect for salads and other dishes that need some kick! Canned jalapenos are delicious for snacking, but they can also be used to add a punch of flavor and spice to a wide variety of dishes.
This watermelon cucumber salad recipe is a fun twist on the traditional. It’s refreshing, healthy, and tastes great! Use this recipe to create your own signature dish!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making a Watermelon Cucumber Jalapeno Salad:
- Add sliced cucumbers for crunch.
- Use jalapenos in moderation to avoid a painful, hot sensation.
- Blend the salad with the best ingredients available to you, such as fresh mint or cilantro.
7 Reasons Canned Jalapeno Recipes are Amazing
Since not everyone understands why canned jalapeno recipes are so amazing, we’ve compiled this list of seven reasons!
1. Canned Jalapenos Are Versatile
One of the best things about canned jalapeno recipes is that they’re so easy to make. You can cook them any way you like, and you can adjust the ingredients to suit your personal tastes.
2. They’re Fun for Parties and Special Occasions
Not many people expect to see jalapenos at a family dinner, but they’re perfect for parties. They can add some excitement to an otherwise regular event.
3. They Make Usalt Easier in the Kitchen
Canned jalapenos are one of the most convenient foods out there. You don’t have to clean or prepare them, and you can enjoy their delicious flavor with every meal.
4. They Are Inexpensive and Affordable
If you cook with jalapenos regularly, you’ll save a lot of money by cooking with canned peppers. They are inexpensive to buy, and you can use them in just about anything.
5. They Are Convenient for Busy Cooks
Busy schedules make it hard to cook healthy meals, but canned jalapenos make cooking easier. You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen, and you can always enjoy the taste of jalapenos.
6. You Can Add More or Less Flavor Based on Your Personal Taste
The best thing about canned jalapenos is that you’re not locked into a recipe. If a dish calls for a spicy pepper, you can use canned jalapenos. If a dish needs a little extra flavor, you can add some to it. For dishes that need less spice, you can swap the jalapeno for a milder pepper.
7. They Are Easy to Store in Your Kitchen
Canned jalapeño recipes are always fresh and delicious because they’re so easy to store. You can keep them in your pantry for months before using them, and they’ll always be there for you when you need them.
11 Easy Canned Jalapeno Recipes
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Baked Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Skillet Corn with Jalapeno
- Jalapeno Guacamole
- Jalapeno Cilantro Mexican Corn Salad
- Jalapeno Pizza
- Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas
- Jalapeno Black Beans
- Tomato Jalapeño Salsa
- Watermelon Cucumber Jalapeno Salad
- Pick any of these recipes for your canned Jalapeno Mexican dinner!
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Be ready to serve in no time!