If you’re not sure what to serve with lamb burgers, you’re in luck!
I’ve rounded up 15 of the best side dishes to serve with lamb burgers.
From salads and roasted vegetables to potato side dishes and bread, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these recipes a try the next time you make lamb burgers for dinner!
What to Serve with Lamb Burgers? Best Lamb Burger Sides
Your lamb burger is only as good as the side dishes you serve with it.
After all, what’s a burger without fries or a salad?
While there are a number of great side dishes that go well with lamb burgers, it can be hard to decide what to choose.
Here are 15 of the best side dishes for lamb burgers:
1. Roasted Red Potatoes
These potatoes are roasted to crispy perfection (on the outside) while remaining nice and fluffy (on the inside).
They’re then tossed in a bright and flavorful herb lemon vinaigrette, making them the perfect side dish to any meal!
A few tips for making sure your potatoes come out tasting their best:
- Cut your potatoes into even-sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
- Be sure to toss them in the vinaigrette while they’re still hot so that the flavors can really soak in.
- And lastly, don’t forget to season them with salt and pepper! This will help to bring out all of the flavors.
2. Simple Biscuits
Now easier and faster than ever (about 30 minutes from start to finish), these simple biscuits go great with any burger, but they especially complement a lamb burger.
I’ve found that the key to light and fluffy biscuits is in the baking powder.
Make sure it’s fresh so that your biscuits will rise nicely.
Another tip is to use very cold butter.
I like to put my sticks of butter in the freezer for about 15 minutes before using them.
This helps create those little flakes in the biscuits that make them so good!
Here’s how to do it:
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then, simply mix together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 4 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in 1/2 cup (1 stick) of cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 1 cup of milk until everything is just combined.
- Next, use a spoon or cookie scoop to drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet (I like to make mine about 3 tablespoons each).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with honey and enjoy!
3. Easy Coleslaw
A creamy coleslaw in 5 minutes (why waste time shredding cabbage when you can buy it already shredded?)
This is my favorite fast and easy recipe for a coleslaw that’s perfect for summer BBQs, potlucks, and picnics!
- 1 (16 oz) package coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, white vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Mix until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for an hour or two to allow the flavors to meld.
4. Easy Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
These “muffins” have plenty of melted, cheesy goodness with a nice little kick from the jalapeno (seeds removed, of course).
I served them alongside my lamb burgers and they were the perfect complement!
A few tips for these muffins:
- Make sure to use a good quality cornmeal. I like to use Bob’s Red Mill because it has a nice coarse grind.
- If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 1 cup of milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes before using.
- I like to use sharp cheddar cheese, but feel free to use any type of cheese that you like.
- I remove the seeds from the jalapeno because I don’t want them to be too spicy. If you like things spicy, leave some or all of the seeds in.
5. Garlic Chive Smashed Potatoes
The secret to incredibly flavorful smashed potatoes is in the seasoning (and of course, the quality of the potatoes themselves).
For these garlic chive smashed potatoes, I like to use a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
I also add in some chives for a touch of sweetness and color.
You could also use green onions if you prefer.
As for the type of potatoes to use, my personal favorite are Yukon Golds.
They have a buttery texture that gets perfectly smooth when mashed.
And lastly, make sure to use plenty of good quality butter and whole milk (or half-and-half) for ultra creamy results.
6. Roasted Asparagus
Drizzled with olive oil and garlic (or your favorite herbs), asparagus becomes sweet and slightly nutty when roasted in the oven.
Here’s how to get perfectly roasted asparagus:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus spears and discard them.
- Place the asparagus spears on a baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle garlic over the asparagus spears. You can also add other herbs like thyme or rosemary at this point.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how thick the asparagus spears are. You will know they are done when they are tender and slightly browned at the edges.
7. Ranch Glazed Carrots
These carrots go great alongside lamb burgers!
The ranch dressing adds a nice creaminess and the glaze gives them a delicious sweetness.
Here are a few tips for making this side dish:
- Use baby carrots or cut your carrots into thin strips so that they cook evenly.
- Be sure to coat the carrots in the ranch dressing before adding the glaze. This will help the glaze stick to the carrots.
- Add more or less honey to the glaze depending on how sweet you want your carrots to be.
- Cook the carrots until they are fork tender. You don’t want them to be too soft or too crunchy.
8. Quick Classic Macaroni Salad
Easy and classic macaroni salad is the perfect dish to round out your lamb burger meal.
Though it may be simple, there are a few tips and tricks I’ve picked up over the years to make sure my macaroni salad is always on point.
- First, use elbow macaroni noodles – they hold up better to the dressing and mix-ins than other shapes.
- Second, don’t overcook the noodles – you want them to be al dente so they don’t turn mushy in the salad.
- Finally, make sure you add plenty of flavor with your favorite mix-ins and dressing – I like to use diced celery, red onion, dill pickle relish, and a creamy mayonnaise dressing.
Follow these tips and you’ll have a delicious macaroni salad that’s perfect for any summer BBQ or picnic.
9. Special Fruit Salad
Berries and tropical fruit make this salad extra special – and extra delicious!
The key to making a great fruit salad is to use fresh, ripe fruit.
If your fruit isn’t quite ripe yet, you can let it sit out on the counter for a day or two until it’s perfect.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, give them a good wash and chop them into bite-sized pieces.
I like to mix together different colors and textures of fruit so that the salad is pretty and exciting to eat.
Some of my favorite combinations are:
- strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew
- pineapple, mango, and papaya
Once your fruit is chopped, add a light dressing of your choice.
I usually go with something citrusy like orange juice or lemonade.
You could also use yogurt or even just a simple syrup made with sugar and water.
Give the salad a good toss so that all of the fruit is evenly coated.
Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature – it’s delicious either way!
10. Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
This salad will go great with your lamb burger!
I love the combination of hot bacon dressing with spinach, it’s such a classic flavor combo.
And it’s so easy to make too!
Here are a few tips for making the perfect spinach salad:
- Use fresh, young spinach leaves for the best flavor and texture.
- Make sure the bacon is nice and crispy.
- Don’t be afraid to add a little bit of crumbled feta cheese – it really brings out the flavors of the dish.
- The dressing should be hot when you pour it over the salad, so that the spinach wilts slightly. This gives it a really great texture.
11. Spanish Rice
If you have a big pot, you can make a large batch of Spanish rice to go with your lamb burger.
All you need is white rice, chicken broth, garlic, onion, tomato sauce, and some seasonings.
Here’s how to do it:
- First, sauté the garlic and onion in a bit of olive oil.
- Then add the rice and toast it for a minute or two.
- Add the chicken broth and tomato sauce and bring everything to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer until the rice is cooked through.
- Season the rice with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder to taste.
You can also add in some chopped green onions or cilantro before serving.
12. Lemon Orzo with Parmesan & Peas
How about a quick and easy lemon orzo with parmesan and peas to go with that lamb burger?
This particular side dish is a great compliment to any number of main courses, but it goes especially well with lamb.
The peas add a touch of sweetness and color, while the lemon and parmesan bring out the flavors of the lamb.
Here are a few tips to make sure your orzo comes out tasting its best:
- Cook the orzo in chicken broth instead of water for added flavor.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the water before cooking the orzo.
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for best results.
- Stir in a squeeze of fresh lemon juice before serving.
13. Simple Maple Baked Beans
Whether you make this in your slow cooker or on the stovetop, these simple maple baked beans are the perfect side dish for your lamb burger.
The key to making this dish taste its best is to use fresh, high-quality beans.
I like to use navy beans or great northern beans for this recipe.
If you’re using dried beans, be sure to soak them overnight before cooking.
This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from splitting.
Once your beans are cooked, add in some maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, and a touch of salt and pepper.
These ingredients will give the beans a deep, rich flavor that pairs perfectly with the lamb burger.
Serve these baked beans alongside your burger and enjoy!
14. Vegan Quinoa Salad
Everyone loves this healthy quinoa salad made with quinoa, chickpeas, red bell pepper, cucumber, parsley and lemon – it’s so flavorful and filling, you won’t even miss the meat!
This salad is great on its own or as a side dish to your favorite lamb burger.
Here are a few tips for making the best quinoa salad:
- Use cooked quinoa that has been cooled completely. If you use hot quinoa, it will make the salad soggy.
- Be sure to drain and rinse the chickpeas well. Otherwise, they can make the salad taste too “beany.”
- I like to use fresh parsley in this recipe, but you can substitute with cilantro or mint if you prefer.
- For extra flavor, add a dash of cumin or smoked paprika to the dressing.
15. Oven-Roasted Carrots
These cooked carrots are oven roasted with a few seasonings to give them a bit of flavor.
I like to use thyme, garlic, and a touch of maple syrup to really bring out the natural sweetness of the carrots.
When roasting your carrots, make sure to cut them into even pieces so that they cook evenly.
I also recommend using a high-quality olive oil or avocado oil.
You could also use ghee if you’re not vegan/vegetarian.
- Roast your carrots at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until they are fork-tender.
- Once they’re done, remove them from the oven and serve immediately.
What to Serve with Lamb Burgers? 15 Lamb Burger Sides
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Simple Biscuits
- Easy Coleslaw
- Easy Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- Garlic Chive Smashed Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus
- Ranch Glazed Carrots
- Quick Classic Macaroni Salad
- Special Fruit Salad
- Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Spanish Rice
- Lemon Orzo with Parmesan & Peas
- Simple Maple Baked Beans
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Oven-Roasted Carrots
- Choose any side dish recipe from this list to serve with your burger.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Serve in no time!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.