Creamed corn is a classic side dish that is perfect for the holidays or any time of year.
But have you ever struggled with what to serve with creamed corn?
Don’t worry, I’m here to help!
I’ve rounded up 10 of the best side dishes to pair with creamed corn.
From roasted vegetables, to bread, and everything in between, there is sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these sides a try the next time you make creamed corn!
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes for Creamed Corn?
- Serving side dishes with creamed corn can add texture and flavor to the dish. For example, adding a crunchy vegetable like roasted broccoli or cauliflower can provide a contrast to the creamy texture of the corn.
- Side dishes can also help balance out the richness of creamed corn by providing lighter flavors such as fresh herbs, citrus zest, or vinaigrettes that will brighten up the dish and make it more interesting for diners.
- Finally, serving side dishes with creamed corn is an easy way to turn it into a complete meal without having to prepare too many separate components. For instance, you could serve it alongside grilled chicken or fish for protein and some cooked grains like quinoa or farro for added fiber and nutrition.
What To Serve With Creamed Corn – 10 Best Side Dishes
Creamed corn is a classic side dish, but it can be hard to know what else to serve with it.
Here we look at ten side dishes that will complement the creamy sweetness of creamed corn:
- Definition: Grilled pork chops with red wine pan sauce is a classic dish that pairs perfectly with creamed corn. The pork chops are marinated in a mixture of garlic, herbs, and olive oil before being grilled to perfection. The red wine pan sauce adds an extra layer of flavor to the dish, making it even more delicious.
- Serving Ideas: To complete this meal, serve the grilled pork chops with creamed corn and roasted potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes. For added color and texture, add steamed green beans or sautéed spinach on the side. A light salad of mixed greens tossed in a simple vinaigrette would also be a great accompaniment for this dish. Finish off the meal with some crusty bread and butter for sopping up all that delicious sauce!
2. Potato Salad
- Definition: Potato salad is a classic side dish made with boiled potatoes, mayonnaise or other dressing, and various mix-ins such as chopped vegetables, herbs, and spices. It is usually served cold or at room temperature.
- Serving Ideas: Creamed corn pairs well with potato salad for a classic summer side dish. For an easy meal, serve the creamed corn and potato salad alongside grilled chicken or fish. You can also add some crunch to the plate by serving it with roasted vegetables like Brussels sprouts or green beans. If you’re looking for something more substantial, try adding bacon to the potato salad for extra flavor and texture.
- Definition: Greek Olive Pasta Salad is a classic side dish that combines the flavors of olives, feta cheese, and fresh vegetables with pasta. The salad can be served cold or at room temperature and is perfect for summer barbecues or potlucks.
- Serving Ideas: Greek Olive Pasta Salad pairs well with grilled meats such as chicken, steak, or pork chops. It also makes a great accompaniment to fish dishes like salmon or tuna steaks. For a vegetarian option, serve it alongside roasted vegetables such as eggplant, zucchini, peppers, and mushrooms. To make it even more filling and nutritious, add some cooked beans or chickpeas to the mix.
- Definition: Oven BBQ Chicken Drumsticks are a classic dish that is easy to make and full of flavor. The chicken drumsticks are marinated in a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, then baked in the oven until they’re golden brown and juicy.
- Serving Ideas: Oven BBQ Chicken Drumsticks pair well with many different side dishes, such as creamed corn, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, or roasted vegetables. For an extra kick of flavor, try serving them with a spicy dipping sauce like ranch dressing or hot sauce. If you’re looking for something lighter to serve alongside your drumsticks, try a simple green salad or some steamed broccoli.
- Definition: Baked sweet potatoes are a delicious and nutritious side dish. They are made by baking whole sweet potatoes in the oven until they are soft and tender. The skin of the potato is left on, which helps to retain all of its natural sweetness and flavor.
- Serving Ideas: Baked sweet potatoes can be served as a side dish with any meal, but they pair especially well with proteins such as grilled chicken or fish. They also make a great accompaniment to creamed corn, adding an extra layer of sweetness and texture to the dish. For a more substantial meal, top your baked sweet potato with chili or black beans for added protein and fiber. You can also add toppings like butter, cinnamon sugar, or marshmallows for an indulgent treat!
- Definition: Baked beans salad is a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with creamed corn. It is made by combining cooked navy beans, diced onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic in a vinaigrette dressing. The salad can be served cold or at room temperature and is often topped with crumbled bacon for added flavor.
- Serving Ideas: Baked beans salad goes well with many other dishes such as grilled chicken or fish, roasted vegetables, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, potato salad, and of course creamed corn. For an easy meal idea serve the baked bean salad alongside some crusty bread or rolls to make it a complete meal.
- Definition: Fresh fruit salad is a dish made of fresh, seasonal fruits that are cut into bite-sized pieces and combined in a bowl. It can be served as an appetizer, side dish, or dessert.
- Serving Ideas: Fresh fruit salad pairs well with creamed corn as it adds a light and refreshing element to the meal. To make the most of the flavors in your fruit salad, try adding some herbs such as mint or basil for extra flavor. You can also add nuts like almonds or walnuts for crunch and texture. For added sweetness, drizzle honey over the top before serving. If you want to make it more substantial, add yogurt or cottage cheese to create a creamy base for the fruit salad.
- Definition: Coleslaw is a salad made from shredded cabbage and other vegetables, usually dressed with mayonnaise or a vinaigrette. It is often served as an accompaniment to barbecued meats, fried fish, and other dishes.
- Serving Ideas: Coleslaw makes a great side dish for creamed corn because it adds crunchy texture and bright flavor to the meal. To make coleslaw even more interesting, try adding diced apples or pears for sweetness, chopped nuts for crunch, or dried cranberries for tartness. You can also mix in some fresh herbs like parsley or dill for extra flavor. Serve the coleslaw alongside your creamed corn with some crusty bread on the side for a complete meal.
- Definition: Baked mac and cheese is a classic comfort food dish made with cooked macaroni noodles, cheese sauce, and often breadcrumbs or other toppings. It can be served as a side dish or main course.
- Serving Ideas: Baked mac and cheese pairs well with many different dishes, making it an ideal accompaniment to creamed corn. Try serving it alongside roasted vegetables such as broccoli or Brussels sprouts for a balanced meal. For added flavor, top the mac and cheese with bacon bits or diced ham before baking. You can also add some spice by stirring in hot sauce or jalapenos into the cheese sauce before baking.
- Definition: Grilled vegetables are a delicious and healthy side dish that can be served with creamed corn. Grilling brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables, while adding a smoky flavor. It is also an easy way to cook large amounts of vegetables quickly.
- Serving Ideas: To serve grilled vegetables as a side dish for creamed corn, choose hearty vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, or squash. Cut them into thick slices or cubes and marinate in olive oil and herbs before grilling over medium-high heat until tender and lightly charred. Serve the grilled vegetables alongside the creamed corn for a flavorful combination that will please everyone at the table!
In conclusion, creamed corn is a delicious and comforting side dish that goes great with many other dishes.
The best side dishes to serve with creamed corn are grilled pork chops with red wine pan sauce, potato salad, Greek olive pasta salad, oven BBQ chicken drumsticks, baked sweet potatoes, baked beans salad, fresh fruit salad, coleslaw, baked mac and cheese, and grilled vegetables.
These side dishes all have distinct flavors that will complement the taste of the creamed corn, and will ensure that your dinner is an enjoyable one.
What To Serve With Creamed Corn – 10 Best Side Dishes
- Grilled Pork Chops with Red Wine Pan Sauce
- Potato Salad
- Greek Olive Pasta Salad
- Oven BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Beans Salad
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Baked Mac And Cheese
- Grilled Vegetables
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish in 25 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.