Chicken and bacon tortellini is a delicious and easy weeknight dinner.
But sometimes, it can be a little boring.
That’s why I always like to have a few sauces on hand to change things up.
Whether you’re looking for a creamy sauce, a tomato-based sauce, or something in between, there’s sure to be something on this list that you’ll love.
So without further ado, here are 11 of the best sauces to serve with chicken and bacon tortellini.
See Also: 29 Leftover Chicken and Bacon Recipes
What Sauce Goes with Chicken and Bacon Tortellini?
There are a few things to consider when choosing a sauce for chicken and bacon tortellini:
- First, think about the flavors you want to complement the dish. A creamy sauce like Alfredo or a tomato-based sauce like marinara can both be delicious with chicken and bacon tortellini.
- Second, consider the texture of the sauce. Some people think a thick and chunky sauce might not be the best choice to pair with delicate tortellini.
- Third, think about how the sauce will be served. If you’re serving the dish hot, a warm sauce is a good option. But if you’re serving it cold or at room temperature, a somewhat chilled sauce might be better.
Here are 11 sauces that go well with chicken and bacon tortellini:
Usually made with tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and onions, marinara sauce is a staple of Italian cuisine.
It’s perfect for sprucing up chicken and bacon tortellini, and it’s also a great dipping sauce for breadsticks or garlic bread.
Traditionally made with just parmesan cheese, butter, salt and pepper, Alfredo sauce is a much richer, creamier sauce than a standard tomato sauce.
It’s perfect for coating chicken and bacon tortellini, and adding a little extra flavor to your weeknight dinner.
Plus, it’s easy to make and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
3. Pesto Sauce
Pesto sauce usually consists of crushed garlic, European pine nuts, coarse salt, basil leaves, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and extra virgin olive oil.
It’s a thick, creamy sauce that’s perfect for pasta, chicken, or even vegetables.
Here are some tips for making the best pesto sauce:
- To get a smooth consistency, make sure to blend the ingredients together until they’re completely smooth.
- If you want a thinner sauce, add more olive oil.
- For a stronger flavor, add more Parmesan cheese.
- If you want a spicier sauce, add more crushed red pepper flakes.
4. Cheese Sauce
If you’re a cheese lover, you’ll definitely want to try this cheese sauce on your next batch of chicken and bacon tortellini.
It’s rich and creamy, and it really takes the dish to the next level.
Simply whisk together some milk, cheese, and flour, and you’re good to go.
If you like your food garlicky, then you’ll love this creamy garlic and herb butter sauce.
It’s perfect for chicken and bacon tortellini, and it’s easy to make.
Just mix together some butter, garlic, and herbs, and you’re done.
How about basil?
This sauce is a great way to change up your weeknight chicken and bacon tortellini dinner.
It’s easy to make and is full of flavor.
Plus, it’s a healthy option since it’s made with fresh basil, garlic, and lemon.
I’m sure you’ve tried sun-dried tomatoes before, but have you ever tried them in a sauce?
This sun-dried tomato sauce is a great way to change up your weeknight chicken and bacon tortellini.
It’s easy to make and full of flavor.
Plus, it’s a great way to use up any sun-dried tomatoes you might have in your pantry.
Mushroom sauce is my personal favorite sauce of all time for chicken and bacon tortellini.
It’s easy to make and is very flavorful.
Plus, it’s a great way to change up your weeknight dinner routine.
Here are my best tips for making sure this sauce turns out perfectly:
- First, start by cooking your mushrooms in some olive oil. I like to use a variety of mushrooms for this sauce, so feel free to experiment.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add in some garlic, white wine, and chicken broth. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes.
- Finally, season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. I also like to add in a little bit of thyme for extra flavor.
This sauce is great served over chicken and bacon tortellini, but it would also be delicious with other pasta dishes or even as a dipping sauce.
Give it a try the next time you’re looking for something new to make for dinner.
So much garlic, yeah yeah, I know. But trust me on this one, the flavor is worth it.
You can find this sauce in Middle Eastern grocery stores, or make it at home with this recipe.
Here are some tips for cooking this sauce:
- Use lots of garlic. This is the key to the flavor.
- Cook the garlic slowly over low heat. This mellows the flavor and prevents it from being too harsh.
- Add the lemon juice at the end. This brightens up the flavor and ties everything together.
Try this sauce on chicken, fish, or pasta.
It’s also great as a dip for bread or vegetables.
Creamy is truly the keyword here.
This Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is creamy and delicious, with just the right amount of flavor.
I love to pair it with chicken and bacon tortellini, but it would also be great with other pasta dishes or even as a dipping sauce.
So versatile and easy to make, this is one sauce you’ll want to keep in your repertoire.
This sauce is well-known for its simplicity and deliciousness. It consists of tomatoes, basil, and olive oil.
This combination creates a light and refreshing sauce that can be used on any type of pasta.
Here are some tips for making sure your tomato and basil sauce turns out perfectly:
- Use fresh, ripe tomatoes for the best flavor.
- Be sure to chop the basil leaves finely so that they distribute evenly throughout the sauce.
- Use a good quality olive oil for a rich flavor.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
What Do You Have with Chicken and Bacon Tortellini?
There are many different ways that you can enjoy chicken and bacon tortellini. One way is to simply enjoy it as is, with no sides. Another way is to enjoy it with a salad on the side. Lastly, you could also enjoy it with a soup or stew on the side.
What Sauce Goes with Chicken and Prosciutto Tortellini?
A good sauce for chicken and prosciutto tortellini is a creamy sauce made with chicken broth, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. You can also add some chopped prosciutto to the sauce for extra flavor.
What Sauce Goes with Chicken and Chorizo Tortellini?
A creamy tomato sauce goes great with chicken and chorizo tortellini. You can also try a pesto or Alfredo sauce. If you want something more adventurous, you can try a spicy arrabbiata sauce.
What Sauce Goes with Chicken and Bacon Tortellini?
- Marinara Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- Pesto Sauce
- Cheese Sauce
- Creamy Garlic and Herb Butter Sauce
- Basil Sauce with Garlic & Lemon
- Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- Mushroom Sauce
- Lebanese Garlic Sauce
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Pick your favorite sauce from this list to serve with your Chicken and Bacon Tortellini dish.
- Prepare the rest of your delicious meal.
- Enjoy in no time!