Are you wondering what salad to serve with corned beef and cabbage?
Look no further!
I’ve rounded up 10 of the best salads to serve with this Irish classic.
From light and refreshing green salads to hearty potato salads, there is sure to be a salad on this list that you’ll love.
So go ahead and give one (or all!) of these recipes a try the next time you make corned beef and cabbage!
- What Bread to Serve with Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Wine Pairing (With Reasons)
10 Best Salads to Serve with Corned Beef and Cabbage
If you want your meal to be complete, you need to have a great salad to go along with your corned beef and cabbage.
But with so many different salads to choose from, it can be hard to decide which one will be the best fit.
Here are 10 of the best salads to serve with corned beef and cabbage:
1. Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad is not just for kids!
This dish is full of fiber and vitamins, making it a great option for a healthy side salad.
The best part about broccoli salad is that it’s so versatile – you can add any kind of cheese, nuts, or dried fruit that you like.
I personally love to add Craisins and sunflower seeds to mine.
Pro Tip: For extra flavor and texture, try roasting your broccoli before adding it to the salad.
2. Healthy Brussels Sprout Salad
If you want something healthy and flavorful, this is the salad for you.
It’s got all of the good stuff – bacon, almonds, Parmesan cheese – and it’s tossed in a delicious balsamic vinaigrette.
The best part about this salad is that it’s so easy to customize.
- Don’t like Brussels sprouts? Swap them out for another veggie.
- Not a fan of balsamic dressing? Use your favorite instead!
Pro Tip: For extra flavor and texture, top the salad with roasted chicken or hard-boiled eggs.
3. Pasta Salad
You can go in so many directions with a pasta salad.
This one has a light and lemony dressing, which I love.
But you could also do a vinegar-based dressing, or a creamy dressing.
As for additions, I like to keep it simple with just some chopped veggies.
But you could also add in chicken, shrimp, or even some fruit!
Pro Tip: To avoid soggy pasta salad, cook the pasta until it is al dente. Then rinse with cold water and let drain before adding to the salad.
4. Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad (Gluten Free + Vegan)
This yummy salad is great for a light lunch or as a side dish.
I love the bright and fresh flavors of the Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad, and it’s also gluten free and vegan.
The salad is hearty enough to stand up to a heavier entree like corned beef and cabbage, but it’s still light and refreshing.
Some potential changes you could make to the salad include adding in some chopped chicken or turkey, swapping out the orzo for another type of pasta, or adding in some crumbled feta cheese.
5. Taco Salad
If you like Mexican food, then you’ll love this taco salad recipe!
It’s a great way to use up leftover corned beef and cabbage, and it’s so easy to make.
The best part is that you can customize it however you like.
- Add your favorite toppings, like sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
- Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some chopped up jalapeños or green chiles.
Pro Tip: This salad is also great with ground beef or shredded chicken.
6. Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
Crisp apples, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and hearty walnuts (just a few of my favorite ingredients) come together in this wonderful side salad.
The flavors compliment each other so well and the dish is so easy to throw together, making it the perfect addition to any meal!
To add more flavor to the salad, I recommend using a honeycrisp apple.
They are nice and sweet and will really balance out the tartness from the cranberries.
I also like to use a good quality balsamic vinegar for the dressing. Just a simple mixture of balsamic, olive oil, salt, and pepper is all you need.
But feel free to get creative and add in your favorite herbs or spices!
This salad is best enjoyed fresh, but leftovers will keep in the fridge for a day or two.
7. Warm German Potato Salad
Who can say no to a side of potatoes?
This particular recipe is for a warm German potato salad that is perfect for any season!
What sets this salad apart from other potato salads is the addition of bacon and a vinegar-based dressing.
The bacon adds a smoky flavor and the vinegar gives the salad a tangy taste.
The best way to cook the potatoes for this salad is to boil them.
This will help them absorb all of the flavors from the dressing.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add in some chopped onion, crumbled bacon, and diced pickles.
- Then, mix together a dressing made from vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and enjoy!
8. Simple Beet Salad Recipe with Dressing
Why not try this simple (and healthy) beet salad recipe next time you’re looking for a side dish?
Beets are low in calories and have a sweet flavor that pairs well with other ingredients.
To make the salad, you’ll need:
- 3-4 medium beets, washed and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the beets, red onion, parsley, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Toss to coat the ingredients in the dressing.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later.
9. Three Bean Salad
Healthy and protein-packed (from the beans), this three bean salad is the perfect addition to your meal.
You can make it ahead of time, which is great for meal prep, and it pairs well with just about anything.
Here are a few tips for making the best three bean salad:
- Use a mix of different beans for more flavor and texture. I like to use black beans, kidney beans, and white beans.
- Add in some diced red onion for a bit of sweetness and crunch.
- Use a light dressing made with olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Avoid using a heavy cream-based dressing as it will weigh down the salad.
- For more flavor, add in some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or basil.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
10. Mediterranean Bean Salad
Made with three types of beans and lots of veggies, this Mediterranean Bean Salad is a filling and satisfying side dish that’s perfect for a summer BBQ or picnic.
The salad can be served as is, or you can add some grilled chicken or fish to make it into a main meal.
To add more flavor to the salad, I suggest drizzling it with a bit of olive oil and vinegar, and adding some fresh herbs like basil or oregano.
You could also add some crumbled feta cheese on top.
If you’re taking the salad to a potluck or picnic, I recommend making it ahead of time and storing it in a covered container in the fridge.
It will taste even better after the flavors have had a chance to meld together.
10 Best Salads to Serve with Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Broccoli Salad
- Healthy Brussels Sprout Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Taco Salad
- Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
- Warm German Potato Salad
- Simple Beet Salad Recipe with Dressing
- Three Bean Salad
- Mediterranean Bean Salad
- Choose any salad from this list to serve with your meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!
Hi, I'm Benjamin. I love cooking, long walks, and my girlfriend! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less.