After a fantastic meal of paella, you’re likely to be looking for a dessert that will top off the evening.
Luckily, there are plenty of delicious desserts that pair well with paella.
From sweet and fruity options to rich and chocolatey treats, I’ve got you covered with fifteen of the best desserts to enjoy after a plate of paella!
What Dessert Goes with Paella?
You can serve all kinds of desserts with Paella – from fruit ones, like stewed pears and fruit salad, to cake and cookies, or even some ice cream. Depending on the kind of menu you want to have, there are a dozen recipe ideas like classic Spanish Flan or Catalan Cream.
For more ideas keep scrolling!
If you’re looking for Spanish desserts to go with paella, look no further than crema catalana.
This dish (also check out these paella side dishes) is similar to creme brulee, but has a more pronounced citrus flavor.
It’s also a bit easier to make, so if you’re new to dessert-making, this is a good place to start.
The texture of crema catalana is smooth and creamy, with a slight crunch from the burned sugar topping.
When making it, be sure to use a torch to evenly caramelize the sugar.
And don’t worry if it’s not perfect – a few cracks in the top are perfectly normal.
This dessert is typically served in small ramekins, making it perfect for a light post-meal treat.
But it can also be made in a large dish and served family-style.
Whether you’re serving it at a dinner party or enjoy it as an after-dinner treat, crema catalana is a delicious way to end a meal.
2. Spanish Flan
Flan is another delicious Spanish dessert that goes well with paella.
Flan has a rich, caramel flavor and a smooth, creamy texture.
It can be a little tricky to make, but with a few tips, you can master it.
Make sure to cook the flan slowly and evenly, and be careful not to overcook it.
Flan is a great dessert for special occasions or simply to enjoy with a cup of coffee.
If you haven’t yet tried coconut crème brulee, you’re in for a treat.
This rich, creamy dessert has a lovely coconut flavor that is sure to please.
While it may seem difficult to make, it’s actually not too difficult – just be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
The texture is smooth and silky, and the top should be nicely browned.
As with any crème brulee, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- First, be sure to use heavy cream for the best results.
- Second, use fresh coconut if you can – it really makes a difference in flavor.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different toppings.
Crushed macadamia nuts, toasted coconut flakes, and even chocolate shavings all make great toppings for this delicious dessert.
4. Tres Leches
This amazing dessert is not only delicious, but also relatively easy to prepare.
Tres leches literally means “three milks” in Spanish, and the dish gets its name from the fact that it is made with three different kinds of milk: evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and whole milk.
The combination of these milks gives the dessert a rich and creamy flavor that is simply irresistible.
As for the texture, the cake itself is typically very light and fluffy, and the addition of the three milks makes it even more moist and delicious.
One thing to keep in mind when making tres leches is that it needs to be served cold, so be sure to plan ahead and make it a few hours in advance.
This dessert is perfect for any occasion, from a casual get-together to a more formal event.
And, if you’re looking to impress your guests, tres leches is definitely the way to go!
5. Fruit Salad
Who doesn’t love a good fruit salad?
This dish is not only healthy, but also delicious and perfect for any occasion.
The best part about fruit salad is that you can mix and match different fruits to create your own unique flavor.
There are a few things to consider when making a fruit salad:
- First, you’ll want to choose a variety of fruits that are in season. This will ensure that your salad is fresh and flavorful.
- Second, you’ll want to consider the texture of the fruits. You’ll want to mix both soft and crunchy fruits to create a more interesting salad.
- Lastly, you’ll want to add a bit of sweetness to offset the natural tartness of some of the fruits. A simple syrup or honey can do the trick.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create a delicious and healthy fruit salad that is perfect for any occasion.
6. Key Lime Pie
After you’ve eaten your paella, it’s time for dessert.
And what could be more refreshing than key lime pie?
This tart and sweet pie is perfect for a summer evening.
Key lime pie is all about the lime flavor.
You can use fresh or bottled lime juice, but make sure to use key lime juice if you can find it.
It’s a bit more tart and has a more intense flavor.
The pie filling is also flavored with lime zest, which adds a bit of bitterness and a nice citrus aroma.
The difficulty level for this pie is medium.
The dough for the crust is easy to make, but it does take some time to roll it out.
The filling is also fairly easy to make, but you do need to be careful not to overcook it.
The key to a perfect key lime pie is a filling that is set but still has a bit of a jiggle to it.
The texture of the pie is creamy and smooth.
The crust is flaky and buttery.
And the lime flavor comes through in every bite.
There are a few things to consider when making key lime pie:
- First, make sure your limes are fresh.
- Second, use key lime juice if you can find it.
- And third, don’t overcook the filling.
Here are a few tips for making the perfect key lime pie:
- Use fresh limes for the best flavor.
- If you can find key lime juice, use it. It has a more intense flavor.
- Zest the limes before juicing them.
- Don’t overcook the filling. The key to a perfect key lime pie is a filling that is set but still has a bit of a jiggle to it.
Key lime pie is perfect for summer gatherings or any time you want a refreshing and delicious dessert.
An American classic, cheesecake is always a crowd favorite.
This rich and creamy dessert can be made in a variety of flavors, from classic New York style to strawberry swirl.
While it may seem daunting to make, with a few tips and tricks anyone can create a delicious cheesecake at home.
- The key to a great cheesecake is all in the texture.
- A smooth and creamy filling, with a slightly firm outer edge and a crumbly graham cracker crust, is the perfect bite of cheesecake heaven.
- Serve this classic dessert at your next dinner party or potluck and be sure to impress your guests.
8. Fruit Sorbet
Something light and refreshing for dessert?
Try a fruit sorbet!
This icy treat comes in a variety of delicious flavors, and can be made with fresh or frozen fruit.
While it’s not difficult to make a sorbet, there are a few key tips to remember:
- First, if you’re using fresh fruit, be sure to cook it down into a syrup before adding it to the ice cream maker. This will help the sorbet retain its flavor and prevent it from being too icy.
- Second, don’t be afraid to experiment with different fruits and flavor combinations. A classic sorbet is made with just one type of fruit, but you can get creative and mix things up.
- Third, sorbet is best served immediately after it’s made. If you need to store it, be sure to put it in an airtight container and keep it in the freezer.
So, next time you’re looking for a light and refreshing dessert, give sorbet a try!
The last dessert on my list that goes with paella is tiramisu.
This is a classic Italian dessert that has a strong coffee flavor and is made with layers of sponge cake soaked in coffee and marsala wine, with mascarpone cheese and whipped cream.
It is then dusted with cocoa powder.
Tiramisu is not a difficult dessert to make, but it does take some time.
The most important thing is to make sure the sponge cake is soaked in the coffee and wine mixture long enough so that it absorbs all the flavors.
The texture of tiramisu is light and fluffy, and the flavor is rich and coffee-forward.
This dessert is perfect for coffee lovers or anyone looking for a unique and memorable dessert.
Related post: What Bread to Serve with Paella
What Dessert Goes with Paella? (9 Best Desserts)
- Crema Catalana
- Spanish Flan
- Coconut Crème Brulee
- Tres Leches
- Fruit Salad
- Key Lime Pie
- Fruit Sorbet
- Pick your favorite dessert to serve after your Paella.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!