If you’re looking for a delicious way to jazz up your chicken and noodles, then look no further.
There are so many sauces out there that can take this classic dish to the next level.
From creamy Alfredo sauce to spicy Sriracha mayo, there’s something for everyone.
In this article, I will be exploring five of the best sauces for chicken and noodles that you should consider trying.
Each one is sure to add a unique flavor profile and make your dinner extra special!
So get ready to tantalize your taste buds with some tasty sauces!
Why Use A Sauce for Chicken and Noodles?
Using a sauce for chicken and noodles is a great way to add flavor and texture to the dish.
Here are three detailed reasons why:
- A sauce can help bind all of the ingredients together, creating a cohesive dish that’s more than just boiled noodles with some chicken thrown in. Sauces like cream-based sauces or tomato-based sauces can provide an extra layer of flavor while also helping to thicken up the dish so it has more body and substance.
- Sauces can also be used as a way to incorporate additional flavors into your dish, such as herbs, spices, vegetables, or even cheese. This allows you to customize your chicken and noodle dish according to your own tastes and preferences.
- Finally, using a sauce helps keep the noodles from becoming too dry or overcooked during cooking since they will absorb some of the moisture from the sauce as they cook. This ensures that your finished product will have perfectly cooked noodles every time!
The 5 Best Sauces for Chicken and Noodles
Chicken and noodles is a classic comfort food, but it can be made even better with the right sauce.
Here are five sauces that can be used to elevate this dish:
1. Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo sauce is a creamy white sauce made from butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
It is named after the Italian chef Alfredo di Lelio.
The original recipe was simply butter and Parmesan cheese melted together to form a thick sauce that was served over fettuccine pasta.
- To Make It: To make Alfredo sauce at home, melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Once melted, add heavy cream and stir until combined. Reduce the heat to low and add grated Parmesan cheese while stirring continuously until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated into a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Substitutions: If you don’t have access to heavy cream or Parmesan cheese, there are several substitutes that can be used in place of these ingredients when making Alfredo sauce. For example, milk can be used instead of heavy cream; however, this will result in a thinner consistency than traditional Alfredo sauces. Additionally, other types of hard cheeses such as Romano or Asiago can be substituted for Parmesan if desired.
- Common Uses: Alfredo sauce is most commonly served over fettuccine pasta but it can also be used as an ingredient in other dishes such as lasagna or baked ziti casseroles. Additionally, it makes an excellent dip for vegetables or breadsticks when thinned out with additional milk or broth and heated through before serving.
2. Spicy Sriracha Mayo
Spicy Sriracha Mayo is a condiment made from mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, and other spices.
It has a creamy texture with a spicy kick that adds flavor to any dish.
- To Make It: To make Spicy Sriracha Mayo, combine 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in a bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined. You can also add other spices such as cayenne pepper or paprika for extra heat.
- Substitutions: If you don’t have access to sriracha sauce, you can substitute it with hot sauce or chili paste. You can also use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for a healthier option.
- Common Uses: Spicy Sriracha Mayo is commonly used as a dip for chicken and noodles dishes, but it can also be used as an ingredient in sandwiches or wraps, added to salads or soups for extra flavor, or served on the side as an accompaniment to grilled meats and vegetables.
3. Creamy Pesto Sauce
Creamy pesto sauce is a creamy, flavorful sauce made with basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
It’s usually blended until smooth and can be served over pasta dishes or used as a dip for vegetables.
- To Make It: To make creamy pesto sauce at home, you’ll need fresh basil leaves (or frozen if necessary), garlic cloves, pine nuts (or walnuts), Parmesan cheese (or vegan alternative), olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Start by blending the basil leaves in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Then add the garlic cloves and blend again until everything is combined. Add the pine nuts and blend once more until everything is well incorporated. Finally, add the Parmesan cheese and olive oil while blending on low speed until it forms a thick paste-like consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Substitutions: If you don’t have all of the ingredients needed to make traditional creamy pesto sauce at home, there are some substitutions that can be made without compromising flavor or texture too much. For example, instead of using fresh basil leaves you could use spinach or arugula; instead of pine nuts you could use walnuts; instead of Parmesan cheese you could use vegan alternatives such as nutritional yeast; instead of olive oil you could use avocado oil or melted butter; etc..
- Common Uses: Creamy pesto sauce is most commonly used as a topping for pasta dishes like chicken and noodles but it can also be used as a dip for vegetables or as a spread on toast and sandwiches. It can also be used to add flavor and creaminess to soups and stews.
4. Honey Mustard Sauce
Honey mustard sauce is a condiment made from honey, mustard, and other ingredients.
It has a sweet-tangy flavor that pairs well with many dishes.
- To Make It: To make honey mustard sauce, combine equal parts of Dijon or yellow mustard with honey in a bowl. Add some mayonnaise to thicken the mixture and season it with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or cayenne pepper for extra flavor.
- Substitutions: If you don’t have any Dijon or yellow mustard on hand, you can substitute it with spicy brown mustard or even regular yellow hot dog mustard. You can also use agave nectar instead of honey if desired.
- Common Uses: Honey Mustard Sauce is commonly used as a dip for chicken tenders and fries but it’s also great on sandwiches and salads. It’s also often used as an ingredient in marinades for meats like pork chops and chicken breasts as well as dressings for coleslaw or potato salad.
5. White Wine Herb Sauce
White Wine Herb Sauce is a creamy, flavorful sauce made with white wine, butter, herbs, and shallots.
It’s a great way to add flavor to any dish without overpowering it.
- To Make It: To make the sauce, start by melting the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until they are softened and lightly browned. Then add the white wine and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat and serve warm over chicken or noodles.
- Substitutions: If you don’t have white wine on hand, you can substitute dry vermouth or even apple cider vinegar for some of the liquid in this recipe. You can also use dried herbs instead of fresh if needed; just reduce the amount used by half since dried herbs are more concentrated than fresh ones.
- Common Uses: White Wine Herb Sauce is most commonly served over chicken dishes such as roasted chicken breasts or baked chicken thighs but it can also be used as a topping for fish dishes like salmon fillets or cod steaks as well as pasta dishes like linguine with clams or spaghetti carbonara.
In conclusion, chicken and noodles is a classic dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways.
The key to making the perfect plate of chicken and noodles is to find the right sauce.
The best sauces for chicken and noodles are Alfredo sauce, spicy Sriracha mayo, creamy pesto, honey mustard, and white wine and butter sauce. Each sauce offers a unique flavor that can be used to enhance the dish.
Whether you’re looking for something creamy and comforting or something spicy and exciting, these sauces will provide the perfect flavor to take your chicken and noodles to the next level.
The 5 Best Sauces for Chicken and Noodles
- Alfredo Sauce
- Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- Creamy Pesto Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- White Wine Herb Sauce
- Select your favorite recipe
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a sauce recipe in 30 minutes or less!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.