If you’ve never tried rambutan before, now is the perfect time to give it a go!
Rambutan is a tropical fruit native to Southeast Asia and parts of Africa.
It has an edible sweet flesh that tastes like a cross between grapes and lychee.
Its skin can be eaten as well – it’s sweet, sour, and slightly bitter in flavor.
Whether you buy them fresh or canned, there are so many ways to enjoy rambutans!
From salads and smoothies to cakes and cocktails, here are 7 delicious rambutan recipes.
7 Easy Rambutan Recipes
Rambutan is a tropical fruit that has a unique flavor and texture.
It can be used in a variety of dishes, both sweet and savory.
If you’re looking for some creative ways to use rambutan, here are 7 delicious recipes that will make your mouth water:
1. Rambutan Smoothie
Looking for a new and exciting smoothie recipe to add to your collection? Look no further than this delicious and exotic rambutan smoothie!
Bursting with the sweet and juicy flavors of rambutan, combined with the refreshing taste of pineapple and the creamy goodness of coconut milk, this smoothie is the perfect way to start your day or give yourself a midday boost.
To make this amazing rambutan smoothie, you will need the following ingredients:
- 100 g pineapple
- 8 rambutans, fresh or canned
- 140 ml canned coconut milk
- 200 ml coconut water or plain water
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients, it’s time to start making your smoothie!
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create the perfect rambutan smoothie:
- Begin by preparing your fruit. If using fresh rambutans, peel away the spiky exterior to reveal the sweet and juicy flesh inside.
- Remove the seeds from the center and set aside. If using canned rambutans, simply drain them and set them aside.
- Add the pineapple, rambutans, coconut milk, and coconut water or plain water to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the flavor as needed. If it’s too sweet, you can add a little more coconut water or plain water to balance it out.
- Once your smoothie is perfectly blended, pour it into a tall glass and enjoy!
Whether you’re looking for a refreshing breakfast smoothie, a midday pick-me-up, or a sweet treat to enjoy any time of day, this rambutan smoothie is the perfect choice.
2. Rambutan Sorbet
Get ready to taste the rainbow with this super fruity and refreshingly delicious rambutan sorbet recipe!
Packed with juicy rambutan goodness, a dash of lime, and just the right amount of sweetness, this sorbet will have your taste buds dancing in delight.
So why not take a trip to the tropics and give this scrumptious sorbet a try? It’s sure to be the cherry on top of any sunny day!
To make this delicious rambutan sorbet, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons corn or tapioca syrup
- 4 20-ounce cans lychee or rambutans, drained
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1-2 drops red food coloring (optional)
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients, it’s time to start making your sorbet!
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create the perfect rambutan sorbet:
- Begin by making the sugar syrup. Combine the sugar, water, and corn or tapioca syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to help dissolve the sugar. Let the mixture boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the sugar syrup cools, process the lychees or rambutans in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour into a bowl and combine with the cooled sugar syrup, lime juice and food coloring, if using.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Once the mixture is chilled, freeze it in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This usually takes about 20-25 minutes.
- When the sorbet is ready, scoop it into a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm. This should take at least 2 hours.
- Once the sorbet is frozen, scoop it into bowls or cones and enjoy!
3. Rambutan Marshmallow Sugar Cookies
Get ready for a cookie experience like no other with these deliciously fruity rambutan marshmallow sugar cookies!
Made with sweet and juicy rambutan pieces, tangy lemon juice, and colorful mini marshmallows, these cookies are sure to delight your taste buds and brighten up your day. So why not give this playful and fun recipe a try and let the good times roll?
To make these scrumptious rambutan marshmallow sugar cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup rambutans
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (white)
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup fruity mini marshmallows
Now that you have all your ingredients gathered, it’s time to get baking!
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create the perfect rambutan marshmallow sugar cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, ground nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in the rambutan pieces and mini marshmallows.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls and roll in the remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and powdered sugar.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy the sweet and fruity flavors of these delightful rambutan marshmallow sugar cookies!
4. Dragon fruit and rambutan mojito, cocktail
Get ready to spice up your cocktail game with this exotic and refreshing dragon fruit and rambutan mojito recipe!
Packed with juicy dragon fruit flesh, tart rambutans, zesty lime juice, and fresh mint leaves, this cocktail is sure to transport your taste buds straight to a tropical paradise. So why not mix up a batch of these fruity and fun drinks and let the good times roll?
To make this delicious dragon fruit and rambutan mojito, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons fresh dragon fruit flesh
- 4 strips dragon fruit skin
- 4 rambutans or lychees (rambutans are a bit more acidic)
- 10 mint leaves + some for garnish
- 1 tbsp of white sugar (add more if required)
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 50ml white rum
- 60ml Tonic or soda water
- Ice cubes
Now that you have all your ingredients gathered, it’s time to start mixing!
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create the perfect dragon fruit and rambutan mojito:
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle the dragon fruit flesh, the 2 strips of dragon fruit skin, rambutan flesh, 10 mint leaves, the sugar and lime juice until well the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the rum, a couple of ice cubes to the cocktail shaker and shake to combine.
- Add more ice to a glass, add the fruit mix and top with tonic or soda water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and extra mint leaves and a strip or two of the pitaya (dragon fruit) skin.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the sweet and tangy flavors of your delicious dragon fruit and rambutan mojito!
5. Red curry with tofu, rambutans and sweet basil
Get ready to spice up your dinner game with this mouth-watering red curry recipe that is vegan-friendly, and filled with delicious surprises!
With tender tofu pieces, juicy rambutans, and aromatic Thai sweet basil leaves, this dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds and transport you to the heart of Southeast Asia.
To make this delicious red curry with tofu, rambutans, and sweet basil, you will need the following ingredients:
- Vegan red curry paste for 2
- 150 g tofu, cut into 6 equally sized pieces
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- ½ tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 rambutans, peeled and pitted
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 handful Thai sweet basil leaves
Now that you have all your ingredients gathered, it’s time to start cooking!
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create the perfect red curry with tofu, rambutans, and sweet basil:
- Bring half of the coconut cream to the boil and dissolve the curry paste in it. Add the remaining cream and mix well.
- Stir in the vegetable stock and when it starts boiling again, add the tofu, soy sauce, salt, and rambutans. Cook over a low heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and lime juice, then taste to adjust the seasoning. Add the sweet basil leaves (keeping a few leaves to garnish) and mix.
- Transfer the curry to serving bowls and garnish with the remaining sweet basil leaves. Serve preferably with rice noodles.
- Sit back, relax, and savor the sweet and savory flavors of this delectable red curry with tofu, rambutans, and sweet basil.
Enjoy the perfect combination of textures and flavors that will transport you straight to the heart of Southeast Asia!
6. Tropical Rambutan Smoothie Recipe with Silk Cashew Milk
Get ready to savor the taste of the tropics with this delicious and playful Rambutan Smoothie recipe that combines the juicy sweetness of rambutans with the refreshing tang of pineapple and orange. With a touch of coconut flakes and Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk, this smoothie is the perfect way to start your day or cool off on a hot afternoon.
To make this tasty tropical Rambutan Smoothie, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1-2 leaves lacinato kale (sub baby spinach if you prefer)
- 4 Rambutan, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 cup water
Now that you have all your ingredients gathered, it’s time to start blending!
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create the perfect Rambutan Smoothie:
- Wash and chop the kale leaves into small pieces.
- Peel and pit the rambutans.
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces.
- Peel the orange and cut it into segments.
- Add the kale, rambutan, pineapple, orange, and coconut flakes to a blender.
- Pour in the Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk and water.
- Blend everything together until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
7. Tropical Pineapple, Coconut, Banana Smoothie with Rambutan
Get ready to experience a tropical paradise in your glass with this playful and delicious Pineapple, Coconut, Banana Smoothie recipe that features the juicy sweetness of rambutans.
With a combination of fresh pineapple, banana, and coconut milk, this smoothie is a refreshing and healthy treat that will transport you straight to the beach.
To make this tropical delight, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 – 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (cut into 2″ cubes) and juice if you have any
- 1 large ripe banana
- 10 fresh rambutans or lychees, peeled and pitted (or you can use canned)
- 2 cups coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2 Tbsps. local honey or sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 drops banana extract
- 4 drops coconut extract
- Lots of crushed ice
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to create a playful and delicious tropical paradise in your glass!
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Using a good quality hand-held immersion blender, blender or Vitamix, add all the ingredients and give it a whirl for about a minute until all ice is crushed.
- Serve immediately in clear glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves and some pineapple chunks.
This Pineapple, Coconut, Banana Smoothie with Rambutan is the perfect way to cool down and refresh on a hot day, and is a healthy and delicious way to start your day or treat yourself to a mid-day pick-me-up.
7 Delicious Rambutan Recipe Collection
- Rambutan Smoothie
- Rambutan Sorbet
- Rambutan Marshmallow Sugar Cookies
- Dragon fruit and rambutan mojito, cocktail
- Red curry with tofu, rambutans and sweet basil
- Tropical Rambutan Smoothie Recipe with Silk Cashew Milk
- Tropical Pineapple, Coconut, Banana Smoothie with Rambutan
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a delicious dish in 30 minutes or less!
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.