If you’re looking for a delicious and impressive dish to serve, look no further than the classic Caprese sandwich.
This Italian-inspired sandwich is made with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and olive oil – all layered between two slices of crusty bread.
The combination of flavors creates an unforgettable taste that will have your guests asking for seconds!
But what do you serve alongside this amazing sandwich?
Here are 10 side dishes that pair perfectly with a Caprese sandwich.
Why Consider Serving Side Dishes with Caprese Sandwich?
Serving side dishes with a Caprese sandwich can be an excellent way to round out the meal.
- First, adding sides gives diners more options and allows them to customize their meals according to their tastes. For example, if someone doesn’t like tomatoes or mozzarella cheese, they can opt for something else instead.
- Second, side dishes provide additional nutrition that may not be present in the sandwich itself. For instance, adding a salad or roasted vegetables will add vitamins and minerals that are otherwise lacking in the Caprese sandwich.
- Finally, serving sides with a Caprese sandwich adds variety and interest to the meal by introducing different flavors and textures into the mix. This makes it more enjoyable for everyone involved!
What To Serve With Caprese Sandwich? 10 Best Side Dishes
A Caprese sandwich is a delicious meal in itself, but it can always be taken to the next level with the right side dish.
If you’re looking for something to complete your Caprese sandwich, here are ten side dishes that will elevate the flavors of this classic Italian favorite:
- Serving Ideas: To make the perfect side dish for your Caprese sandwich, try adding some greens to the mix. A simple green salad with mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese makes an excellent accompaniment to the sandwich. For something heartier, try adding roasted vegetables such as bell peppers or eggplant to the mix. You can also add cooked grains like quinoa or farro for added texture and flavor. Finally, don’t forget about dressings! Balsamic vinaigrette pairs perfectly with this type of salad.
- What Is It? Roasted vegetables are a simple and delicious side dish that can be served with any meal. They are made by cutting up vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, onions, peppers, zucchini, and squash into cubes or slices and then roasting them in the oven until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Serving Ideas: Roasted vegetables make a great accompaniment to a Caprese sandwich. Try serving roasted potatoes with rosemary and garlic for an earthy flavor; roasted bell peppers with balsamic vinegar for sweetness; or roasted zucchini with Parmesan cheese for added richness. You can also mix different types of vegetables together to create unique flavor combinations. Serve your roasted vegetable side dish warm alongside your Caprese sandwich for a delicious meal!
- Serving Ideas: Soup is the perfect side dish for a Caprese sandwich. Try pairing it with a light tomato soup or minestrone soup for an easy meal that’s sure to please. For something heartier, try serving your Caprese sandwich with a creamy mushroom soup or roasted red pepper bisque. If you’re looking for something lighter, pair your sandwich with a simple salad of mixed greens tossed in vinaigrette dressing.
- What Is It? Fries are a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with a Caprese sandwich. They can be made from potatoes, sweet potatoes, or even zucchini and served in a variety of ways. Whether you opt for traditional French fries, waffle fries, curly fries, or crinkle-cut fries, they will add an extra layer of flavor and texture to your meal.
- Serving Ideas: To make the perfect side dish for your Caprese sandwich, try baking your own homemade fries in the oven. You can season them with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and other herbs and spices to give them an extra kick of flavor. Serve them alongside your sandwich with ketchup or ranch dressing for dipping!
- What Is It? Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish made from boiled and mashed potatoes, butter, milk or cream, and seasonings. The potatoes can be cooked in their skins for extra flavor and nutrition, or peeled before boiling. The mashed potatoes are then seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Ideas: Mashed potatoes pair well with many dishes, but they are especially delicious when served alongside a Caprese sandwich. For an easy meal that is sure to please everyone at the table, serve the sandwich with a side of creamy mashed potatoes topped with melted butter and freshly chopped herbs such as parsley or chives. You can also add some grated cheese for an extra cheesy kick! If you’re looking for something lighter on the side, try serving roasted vegetables like carrots or Brussels sprouts instead of mashed potatoes.
6. Pasta Salad
- What Is It? Pasta salad is a dish made with cooked pasta, vegetables, and a dressing. The ingredients are usually combined in a bowl and tossed together until they are evenly coated. The dressing can be anything from an Italian-style vinaigrette to creamy mayonnaise-based dressings.
- Serving Ideas: A Caprese sandwich pairs well with a light pasta salad for lunch or dinner. Try adding some fresh herbs like basil or oregano to the mix for extra flavor. For added crunch, add some chopped nuts or croutons to the salad before serving. If you’re looking for something heartier, try adding cooked chicken or shrimp to the pasta salad before tossing it with the dressing of your choice.
- What Is It? Grilled Chili Lime Butter Corn on the Cob is a delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with a Caprese sandwich. This dish consists of grilled corn on the cob slathered in a chili lime butter sauce and sprinkled with fresh cilantro. The combination of sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors makes this an irresistible side dish.
- Serving Ideas: Grilled Chili Lime Butter Corn on the Cob can be served as an accompaniment to any meal, but it’s especially delicious when paired with a Caprese sandwich. Serve it alongside your favorite salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal. For added flavor, top the corn with crumbled feta cheese or freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
8. Garlic Bread
- What Is It? Garlic bread is a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with a Caprese sandwich. It is made by brushing slices of Italian or French bread with garlic-infused butter, then baking it in the oven until golden and crispy. The result is a delicious, garlicky treat that adds flavor and texture to any meal.
- Serving Ideas: Garlic bread can be served as an accompaniment to your Caprese sandwich, or you can get creative and use it as the base for other dishes. Try topping it with melted cheese and tomatoes for an easy appetizer, or using it as the crust for individual pizzas. You can also cut it into cubes and serve it alongside soups or salads for added crunch.
- What Is It? Coleslaw is a salad made with shredded cabbage, carrots, and other vegetables. It is usually dressed with mayonnaise or a vinaigrette and can be served either cold or warm. The vegetables are typically cut into thin strips or grated to create the signature texture of coleslaw.
- Serving Ideas: Coleslaw makes an excellent side dish for a Caprese sandwich because it adds crunchy texture and flavor to the meal. To make it even more flavorful, try adding diced apples, raisins, nuts, or seeds to your coleslaw mix. You can also dress up your coleslaw by using flavored mayonnaises such as garlic-herb or chipotle-lime mayo. For an extra kick of flavor, add some freshly chopped herbs like parsley or cilantro before serving.
10. Roasted Potatoes
- What Is It? Roasted potatoes are a classic side dish that can be served with almost any meal. They are made by cutting potatoes into cubes, tossing them in oil and seasonings, and then roasting them in the oven until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serving Ideas: Roasted potatoes make a great accompaniment to a Caprese sandwich because of their crunchy texture and savory flavor. Serve them alongside your sandwich for an easy lunch or dinner. You can also add some vegetables such as bell peppers or onions to the mix for extra flavor and nutrition. For an even heartier side dish, try adding bacon or sausage to the roasted potatoes before baking.
In conclusion, a caprese sandwich is a delicious and versatile dish that can be served with a variety of side dishes. From salad to garlic bread, there are plenty of options to choose from.
The best side dishes to serve with a caprese sandwich are roasted vegetables, soup, fries, mashed potatoes, pasta salad, grilled corn, garlic bread, coleslaw, and roasted potatoes.
These sides are all flavorful and easy to prepare, and will make sure that your caprese sandwich dinner is one to remember.
With these 10 side dishes, you’ll never run out of ideas for what to serve with a caprese sandwich.
What To Serve With Caprese Sandwich? 10 Best Side Dishes
- Roasted Vegetables
- Mashed Potatoes
- Pasta Salad
- Grilled Chili Lime Butter Corn on the Cob
- Garlic Bread
- Roasted Potatoes
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all of the required ingredients.
- Prep a side dish in 30 minutes or less.
Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations.